Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Pikastew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Maybe not. the majority of an electric eels body is taken up by the organs that generate electricity, which are inedible. If Pikachus work the same way, there'd be very little edible meat on one.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Okay, I take it back.

Chemo huffs donkey dick.

Chemo plus radiation can just go straight to hell.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Timby posted:

Okay, I take it back.

Chemo huffs donkey dick.

Chemo plus radiation can just go straight to hell.

On the bright side, the chemo and radiation are going the full 120 days of sodom on your tumor.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

A coworker a while back raised the question of if you had to gently caress a Pokémon which one would it be? Near unanimous answer was Lickitung.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

A coworker a while back raised the question of if you had to gently caress a Pokémon which one would it be? Near unanimous answer was Lickitung.

Stop. You're opening Pandora's box.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Yeah let's not talk about this, Lickatung fucker

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We try not to sexualize them

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
At least Mr Mime is like...a guy

As for eating the obvious answer is Kentucky Fried Pidgey

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

This is horrid. You can't get consent from a creature with a one word vocabulary.

Edit: oh yeah there's the talking cat. So I guess that one.

Edit 2: and no i don't mean eric roberts.

Carly Gay Dead Son fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 14, 2018

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lol just found these at my job.

Dude was in box office poison and look at him now.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bushisms.txt posted:

Well, that's the thing - even in stuff like Fant4stic, I think most people came away saying, "But Michael B. Jordan was good in it!" :v:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

bushisms.txt posted:

Lol just found these at my job.

Wait when was Michael B Jordan anything but the best part of whatever he's in?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He made one flop movie, everything else he’s done has been moderately to fairly successful before Black Panther.

He was in Creed before Black Panther.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Is miles teller doing anything now?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hopefully not.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Skwirl posted:

The issue is probably finding them rather than their actual cost. I have a couple of old rear end cameras but no one is willing to pay what the bare minimum for me would be to bother listing them on ebay.

How old?

Mini DV "old", VHS old, or Super-8 old?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pirate Jet posted:

Hopefully not.

It was a bad sign when they edited his face on the poster to make him less weird-looking

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Franchescanado posted:

Yeah let's not talk about this, Lickatung fucker

Fair

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Meowth's original VA was an openly trans woman. I like to bring that up because a lot of people grew up watching that cartoon, and it either makes them feel good or very angry.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Pokemon is fast approaching Ninja Turtle levels of "I wish adults would stop obsessing over this.".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All we have is our childhood because being an adult sucks.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
This is what happens when you get rid of the draft.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

All we have is our childhood because being an adult sucks.

Being an adult isn't all that bad. You get to drink and can drive yourself places, given you have the good sense not to combine the two.

And it's not like being a kid was devoid of emotional torment.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I could drink and drive when I was a kid though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I could drink and drive when I was a kid though.

I specifically said not to combine the two!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Pokemon is fast approaching Ninja Turtle levels of "I wish adults would stop obsessing over this.".

Are Pokemon still considered evil like the turtles were?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I Before E posted:

I specifically said not to combine the two!

Lmao

I only drove home drunk once, and it was only about 200 feet though. Not proud of it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh yeah, Frankenstein’s Army is great! Pure insanity. Way better than Overlord.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Pretty much everything is fast approaching "things CLP694H wants people to stop liking "

lighten up

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The point is being a kid sucked too, and being an adult just means you have the distance to overlook most of the parts of childhood that sucked and focus on the good parts and so it seems better because you don't have the distance to pick the good parts of now, which do exist, from the bad parts.

That sounds kind of ponderous and YA novel-y when I look at it, but I just mean that this dichotomy where childhood was wonderful and adulthood equals poo poo ignores a lot of poo poo about childhood that sucked rear end and ignores some upsides of adulthood.

E: Also I can't really relate to people who still like Pokémon and Ninja Turtles as adults because most of what I enjoyed as a kid wasn't profitable enough to still be around today, and the things that are, like Yu-Gi-Oh, have changed so much as to be just about unrecognizable.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 14, 2018

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok, how's this for an opening to a paper I'm writing for a class?

quote:

The PBS documentary “A Look At Those Sentenced To Death As Juveniles” took a look at the lives of those sentenced to death as juveniles.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CPL593H posted:

The marketing of Pokemon (especially that "Pokemon rap") was so insidious that it's still working on people in their 30s.

because most people currently in their 30s were kids when Pokemon started, and it's not like things just vanish from your brain the second you hit adulthood :ms:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok, how's this for an opening to a paper I'm writing for a class?

Not great, but there's a lot of documentaries with misleading titles. Like, "Tickled" is more about the people behind paying for videos of young men being tickled than the actual young men being tickled. So clarification isn't the worst thing to start with.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also:

does anyone else fuckin hate it when you get inspiration for an idea that you know is probably bad and that you know you can't actually do anything with, yet it will not loving leave your head like some sort of horrible mental version of the title character from What About Bob

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aw drat, the documentary is actually called "When Kids Get Life," and that kills my joke.

I had to do a powerpoint presentation last week and I included a slide about OJ Simpson where I introduced him as "Hertz spokesperson OJ Simpson." I hope that got a laugh from the professor. I got a 100% so I guess it didn't hurt.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

"When Kids Get Life", a 2007 episode of the PBS series Frontline, examines occurrences where minor offenders, or in layman's terms, kids, have received life sentences in prison¹.

---------

¹As the title of the documentary shows, this is often referred to as "getting life".

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

bushisms.txt posted:

Is miles teller doing anything now?

He's playing Maverick's son in Top Gun 2.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I put on lip balm and now my lips are burning with minty cool fire. The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Meowth's original VA was an openly trans woman. I like to bring that up because a lot of people grew up watching that cartoon, and it either makes them feel good or very angry.

That's awesome

Also James was gay