Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

Volkerball posted:

Looks like it's a normal thing. Default it is set to on. idk if it disables ironman to turn it off.

That’s dope. I’d like to see some games where Seljuk or timurid come out of a shithole and conquer an empire and gently caress up the surrounding area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Why are all my character portraits white people now?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Oh hey, they added some new counties to Wales and Ireland.

That shakes things up a bit. Wales has a surprising number of counties now.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

That’s dope. I’d like to see some games where Seljuk or timurid come out of a shithole and conquer an empire and gently caress up the surrounding area

I'd like to see it be random people who do the same thing. Some duke in Bengal going on the warpath and conquering half of India.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm glad that they decided to add a new culture to the balkans because just making everyone croatian or serbian in the land of future yugoslavia is ridiculous. Oh wait it's carantanian, a loving croatian variant. gently caress off paradox learn some god drat lore.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The new patch weired up the map a bit, but here's a religion map picture I took earlier.

Southern India is part of the Mongol Empire, as is the random Tengri in the North east. The Buddhism and Pink Hindu is Tibet, which reaches Byzantium.

Yeah that happens when you try to use an old save in a new patch especially one that has changed the map as much as this

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

you are worst dalmatian you are the dalmatian stink remove puppies j dilla is alive in epirus

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I'm glad that they decided to add a new culture to the balkans because just making everyone croatian or serbian in the land of future yugoslavia is ridiculous. Oh wait it's carantanian, a loving croatian variant. gently caress off paradox learn some god drat lore.

Let’s be honest, hungarian/Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian/Austrian. They’re all the same thing. Also, is lore the right word? I honestly cannot tell if you’re joking I’m too retarded.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Let’s be honest, hungarian/Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian/Austrian. They’re all the same thing. Also, is lore the right word? I honestly cannot tell if you’re joking I’m too retarded.

I just want to defend the clay or alternatively take it?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I just want to defend the clay or alternatively take it?

On that note, the hardest game I’ve had so far was starting as a duke in serbia at 789. Surviving Magyars and getting out from under Byzantine vassalage is a massive pain in the dick

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the irish showing up on animal planet just loving rules.

this is the best thing ever.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, by the way - sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already, (currently at work so I can't buy the expack and see for myself...and I haven't kept up to date on all the dev diaries, so I must've missed one mentioning this game mode) but are animal kingdom games ironman compatible? No big deal if not, though. But also, do the various races live as long as they should in reality, or do they have human lifespans? (i.e. hedgehogs living to around 5yrs. I hope they don't get 'short reign' penalties in their culture! :v:)

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Oh hey, they added some new counties to Wales and Ireland.

That shakes things up a bit. Wales has a surprising number of counties now.

Yeah they futzed around with England, even. Lindisfarne is a province! You can kick off the Viking Age in traditional style!

The new battle events are fun, at least with a high Martial character. It's probably a lot more stressful if not.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Man, I have no idea where/when I want to start a game.

1066 Wales Unification?
769 as the first (in the game) Yingling and try to carve my way to significance in the Norse thunderdome?
1066 or so in Sardinia and try to unite it, find a way to steal Corsica from Tuscany/HRE and/or gently caress with the Muslims?
Start as a vassal count in France or the HRE and just try to carve my way to relevance?
Something more exotic?

I can't decide.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Man, I have no idea where/when I want to start a game.

Yeah, a month or so ago I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted to do, but now? Nope - there are just too many options!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Are the unit packs worth it? I remember hearing a long time ago that they slow the game down.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
OK, so I set all the sliders to their widest and went full random, using an RNG for numbers of empires/kings/duke and stuff.

Generated a world with many empires, kings and dukes so super hierarchical.

Mashed the random character button while I looked away, got the emperor of a massive empire covering much of Eastern Europe. Second most troops in the game and a Baltic merchant kingdom! Only problem is that I'm 60, I'm in gavelkind and have 5 sons. Could be interesting.

Looks like all the feudal rulers are under gavelkind, guessing this is due to the 769 start and some will switch to primo eventually?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Oh my god what is going on with this game

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, by the way - sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already, (currently at work so I can't buy the expack and see for myself...and I haven't kept up to date on all the dev diaries, so I must've missed one mentioning this game mode) but are animal kingdom games ironman compatible? No big deal if not, though. But also, do the various races live as long as they should in reality, or do they have human lifespans? (i.e. hedgehogs living to around 5yrs. I hope they don't get 'short reign' penalties in their culture! :v:)

They're ironman compatible and have human lifespans.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Might leave my random start on observer for 100 years to generate some history and to sort out that a lot of random worlds will be really unstable.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Walton Simons posted:

Looks like all the feudal rulers are under gavelkind, guessing this is due to the 769 start and some will switch to primo eventually?

One of the options is that you can force the starting succession method, so it's possible you set it to gavelkind for all.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Topic of Ireland, Murchad starts with a bloodline now, since he's descended from the guy who kicked the Vikings out of Ireland or something. Vandad Karen has a bloodline as well, one that occasionally attracts warriors to him if you're Zoroastrian, which seems very useful for someone in his position. Looking for other people with bloodlines that they personally didn't start; the last Merovingian has one, which is interesting.

I'm also curious what ancient bloodlines you can claim; I know there's Alexander and Ashoka, but I don't know of any others.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

binge crotching posted:

One of the options is that you can force the starting succession method, so it's possible you set it to gavelkind for all.

Totally missed that, thanks! I'm amazed by how many options they put in.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Man its interesting to flip back and forth between these two maps and see just how much changed/was added. New counties were inserted everywhere.

Holy Fury

Previous Map:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i hadn't actually played much with the societies before now, so within the hour of my first holy fury game my polish duke ended up lovers with the king of sweden because they spent so much time at a benedictine retreat together

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
Ok so I don't have:

Jade Dragon
Conclave
Way of Life
Charlemagne

Any of these must haves? They're on sale so I may as well pick them up now if they're worth it.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
in the first six months of my african run i joined the warrior society, got my rear end beat in the initiation duel but took it like a man so it was cool, and sprained my wrist. i told a campfire tale that made me sexier, chose dongo the warrior god as my patron, erected a monument to dongo, then went drinking and won an arm wrestling duel fair and square, earning myself the nickname bone-squeezer

game has a ton more role playing content now

Huskalator posted:

Ok so I don't have:

Jade Dragon
Conclave
Way of Life
Charlemagne

Any of these must haves? They're on sale so I may as well pick them up now if they're worth it.

conclave and way of life are absolute must haves

conclave makes your council mechanics more interesting and complex. but, complex in a good way

way of life allows you to pick lifestyle hobbies like drinking, hunting, praying, seducing, etc. it is crucial for giving you more day to day stuff to do that isn't just fighting wars

jade dragon lets you interact with china. it's pretty ok

charles lets you get the earliest start date, which is fun for pagans. it's also pretty ok

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 14, 2018

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

my first run in Holy Fury started as the Saxons in 768, Charlemagne start. I think his name was Theoderic? The Grand Chief of Saxons, with the sacred tree and everything. Well there was this one-province county feudal guy right next door so i figure hey, free castle, that'll come in handy. Declare war, raise levy, march over and start seiging it. So his army comes up and fights mine but during the battle one of the new events fires, something about an enemy cavalry charge just absolutely wrecking my flank of the battle and my options were to run like a bitch (and get Craven) or fight the enemy commander mano-a-mano. Well gently caress benig Craven i might have a whopping 3 martial and a towering 6 personal combat skill but I am not a pussy. So I duel the enemy commander and win and right as I'm about to say "IT'S OVER! YIELD OR D--" he fuckin whacks me with a sword and we both die.

well that's cool, this guy was like 50 years old and he sucked so i'll just play as his son. carry right on with the siege...

except not even six months later i start getting muscle cramps and a fever and vomiting and oh no i've got the flu. i've got a really bad flu. i'm bedridden with influ--i'm dead.

game over
your score: 3

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
The new character info screen is bangin'

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh, just had a thought: In the animal kingdoms mode, are the mongol (and aztec) invaders human, or random-gen animals?

Also, I just realised that the 'generated historical families' option would make a playthrough as that eunuch who owns Galilee a lot easier (granted, at the expense of mandatory satanic phallus regrowth fun), unless it factors in whether or not the character is a eunuch. Hmm...

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 14, 2018

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

So I'm trying to start as a count and normally that has been difficult but not too bad. Lucca in Italy seems to be doomed to failure though - it's your only county and within a year or two Matilda decides to revoke the title even though she has a poo poo ton of holdings at the beginning. Anyone seen Lucca work or is it just doomed from the start?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Is anyone else getting the bug where close relatives can be married? For everyone but the played character it doesn't seem to be doing checks on if close relative. And no I'm not playing with weird pervert mods (or any mods)

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

So I've hit 100% Legend with the warrior lodge and uh, is something supposed to happen? It's been there for a while and the description implies something should happen.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I want to finish my current game before starting with the new patch/DLC.

How do I roll things back again?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Hm. Started a game in Italy, and it looks like if one your bishops gets made pope while they're on your council, they get "recently fired" modifiers from you. -20 with the new Pope Caelestinus here, which is a problem as they also seem very excommunication-happy.

edit: Yep, right after I said that he excommunicated me. :| Isn't it supposed to be a GOOD thing to get one of your bishops in the Holy See?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:

This DLC is pretty good.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Sydin posted:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:

This DLC is pretty good.

My Dugu spawned with Craven, lost it when he went charging after an enemy commander, and died from the Flu right as I was getting ready to get my conquering on. :(

His son is a disappointment.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

So I've hit 100% Legend with the warrior lodge and uh, is something supposed to happen? It's been there for a while and the description implies something should happen.

Didn't the patch notes say you can call a Battle Royale and if you win you end up with a legendary bloodline?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Charlz Guybon posted:

I want to finish my current game before starting with the new patch/DLC.

How do I roll things back again?

in steam, right click on ck2 -> properties -> betas -> opt into the 2.8.3.4 or whatever beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

binge crotching posted:

Didn't the patch notes say you can call a Battle Royale and if you win you end up with a legendary bloodline?

Something like that, but I don't see any way to do that. It's been sitting at 100% for like 20 years.