Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Looking forward to the former President's cameo in the upcoming film, when he reminds the kids to Pokemon Go to the polls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

theyre called warner brothers because theyre legally required to warn their neighbors that they have a felony conviction for distributing poo poo movies to children

yeah that's why they locked them in the water tower

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plank Walker posted:

yeah that's why they locked them in the water tower

my grandfather fell off one of those.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my grandfather fell off one of those.

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My Robobot addiction has turned into what may be my first attempt to dent my enormous 3ds backlog. Might make a thread for this if I keep it up, IDK.

I started Persona Q after owning it for drat near 4 years and it's pretty good. I wish I could build my team up from scratch and fine tune them with skill points etc. like in EO4, but I kinda get why they couldn't do that with the Persona property. It seems really easy so far, like I can just spam spells the enemy is weak to and win? Free heals? Might have to bump the difficulty up if this maintains but we'll see. What I'm really enjoying is the music and characters and stuff, it's been a long rear end time since I played anything P3/P4 related so it's like a nice welcome home :D

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My Robobot addiction has turned into what may be my first attempt to dent my enormous 3ds backlog. Might make a thread for this if I keep it up, IDK.

I started Persona Q after owning it for drat near 4 years and it's pretty good. I wish I could build my team up from scratch and fine tune them with skill points etc. like in EO4, but I kinda get why they couldn't do that with the Persona property. It seems really easy so far, like I can just spam spells the enemy is weak to and win? Free heals? Might have to bump the difficulty up if this maintains but we'll see. What I'm really enjoying is the music and characters and stuff, it's been a long rear end time since I played anything P3/P4 related so it's like a nice welcome home :D

Play the Professor Layton games, dad

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Don't talk to me you weird gently caress. I'm never playing those games now.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i liked persona q more than most people i talked to but i was still ready for it to be over by the time i was halfway thru. i hope 2 is cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yes turn the difficulty up .. 1 difficulty higher than EO feels about right to me. assuming you dont play EO on the neet difficulty to begin with

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad now :(

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

NienNunb posted:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad now :(

Maybe don't call other posters your dad in the future

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the mad men at nintendo have cooked up another wild savestate

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I saw people posting about it but didn't check it out because I haven't booted my Switch up since I got my X like a month ago.

I hated the Zelda one but I've reversed course and I'm kinda all in on the idea now. It's just so ridiculous and stupid I wanna see what they come up with next.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They added Metroid and I may finally finish NES Metroid now since it's the only Metroid game I haven't beaten

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

They added Metroid and I may finally finish NES Metroid now since it's the only Metroid game I haven't beaten

Check out Holloe Knight

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

it hasnt aged well

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

it hasnt aged well
I think it's really cool but annoying to play. It's one of the best looking and sounding games on the NES but if I wanted to actually play it I'd play Zero Mission.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I've tried playing it a couple of times but honestly just play zero mission

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

it hasnt aged well

it is really difficult to enjoy and has some nintendo power BS in it, just play zero mission

ninty is trying to sue a couple that were keeping up a rom site for millions when their current official offer is a paid pathetic slow trickle of bad NES titles. thank you nintendo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I assume that if someone says it's the only Metroid game they haven't finished that they've cleared Zero Mission, you loving retards.

Enjoy beating the challenge of the original classic, which has somewhat aged since its 1986 release, much to everyone's surprise, but is still fun to play and a fantastic game for its time. Good luck, gamer.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Metroid is good and very short if you actually know where to go. No reason not to play it.

e: the worst part was the password system and starting with empty life tanks after reloading, which you don't have to deal with if you're playing it via Zero Mission.

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 16, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

I assume that if someone says it's the only Metroid game they haven't finished that they've cleared Zero Mission, you loving retards.

Enjoy beating the challenge of the original classic, which has somewhat aged since its 1986 release, much to everyone's surprise, but is still fun to play and a fantastic game for its time. Good luck, gamer.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My mom found a box of nes games in the attic and is bringing them with her for Thanksgiving. I'm gonna spend the long weekend trying to beat Castlevania on original hardware.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I love watching castlevania speed runs because that game is awesome and tough. I cherish my original cartridge

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

it is really difficult to enjoy and has some nintendo power BS in it, just play zero mission

ninty is trying to sue a couple that were keeping up a rom site for millions when their current official offer is a paid pathetic slow trickle of bad NES titles. thank you nintendo

they settled

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

P-Mack posted:

My mom found a box of nes games in the attic and is bringing them with her for Thanksgiving. I'm gonna spend the long weekend trying to beat Castlevania on original hardware.

you're gonna find a Stadium Events in there. This is always how these stories start

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think it's really cool but annoying to play. It's one of the best looking and sounding games on the NES but if I wanted to actually play it I'd play Zero Mission.

Try to play the Famicom Disk System version as it has even better sound and music

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

lmao at the "apologies to fans of double"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Check out Holloe Knight

To be fair it is a much better game than nes metroid

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jimmy the Nintendo save stater only plays with the finest gear, thank you very much. no Tanooki suit for THIS special edition wizard; he's loading the stock to brim with hammer bro costumes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tanuki suit is objectively better than hamer suit

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

Jimmy the Nintendo save stater only plays with the finest gear, thank you very much. no Tanooki suit for THIS special edition wizard; he's loading the stock to brim with hammer bro costumes.

A new file with an inventory full of hammer suits would be cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Id play a romhack thats all giant world and all hammer suits

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

Id play a romhack thats all giant world and all hammer suits

manlet marios revenge

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mysterious loyall X posted:

Tanuki suit is objectively better than hamer suit

Uhh no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

frog suit’s better.

when you go to brinstar, do not go up and right, there’s nothing but bad times.

edit: i made a map last time i played. forgive the handwriting, drawing with a mouse is tough.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 16, 2018