Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

It's a redraft league. I don't even think these two guys know each other so don't think there's collusion or side deals or anything. It's a fairly casual league, only $20 buy in. Only league I'm in though so I take it seriously.

Let the trade through because you don't have a rule against it, and before you do the league next year, institute either a trade deadline, or a rule that teams eliminated from playoff contention can't trade with teams that are still in playoff contention. Or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Because redraft trades just weren't enough for me anymore, pulled off a pretty good double trade in my salary cap dynasty league.

Trade 1:
I give: Jordan Howard ($130), Phillip Lindsay ($1), 2019 3rd Round Pick (Mid-High)
I get: Alvin Kamara ($200)

Trade 2:
I give: David Johnson ($205)
I get: JuJu Smith-Scheuster ($80) & 2019 3rd Round Pick (Mid-Low)

Essentially, I needed the cap space to roster Kamara cause I only had $25 free. Turned David Johnson into a high dynasty asset in JuJu for less than half the price ($80 vs. $205) as well. Cut bait on Jordan Howard and the Cardinals offense. DJ will do well the rest of the season. But, if I'm gonna allocate 20% of my cap space to a player, it better be Gurley or Kamara. So, I'm happy.

Currently considering turning TY Hilton into a 2019 1st Round Pick + my pick of DJ Moore, Anthony Miller, or Christian Kirk. But, don't know how to weigh that trade.

quote:

12 Team - 4-5 record - 25 man rosters (+3 IR, 3 Taxi) - 0.5 PPR, 0.5 1st Down, TE Premium - (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 Super Flex) - Salary Cap ($1000 per team)

QBs: Carson Wentz ($156), Phillip Rivers ($40), Teddy Bridgewater ($1), CJ Beathard ($1)
RBs: Alvin Kamara ($200), Austin Ekeler ($14), Peyton Barber ($13), Theo Riddick ($6), Josh Adams ($1), Elijah McGuire ($1)
WRs: Mike Evans ($108), JuJu Smith-Scheuster ($80), TY Hilton ($135), Chris Godwin ($7), Antonio Callaway ($1), Keke Coutee ($1), James Washington ($1), Jordan Matthews ($2), David Moore ($2), Curtis Samuel ($4)
TEs: Zach Ertz ($122), Jordan Reed ($22), Jesse James ($1), Jonnu Smith ($1)

IR: Chris Warren, Albert Wilson, Adam Shaheen
Taxi: Mark Walton, Trey Quinn, Jordan Akins

2019 Picks:

1st Round Pick - Mid-Early
1st Round Pick - Late
3rd Round Pick - Mid-Early

Side note, Zach Ertz has been down right nasty in this format. Top 8 players that aren't QB?

Gurley, Kamara, Conner, Hunt, Ertz, Melvin Gordon, Kelce, Hill

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Dropped Bell for Tennessee’s D (I want to keep Jacksonville ROS)

Awesome loving return for the second overall pick

My draft went

1.02 Bell
2.11 Howard
3.02 A Robinson
4.11 Baldwin

Somehow the in 4th place (thanks Conner)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Keith Atherton posted:

Dropped Bell for Tennessee’s D (I want to keep Jacksonville ROS)

Awesome loving return for the second overall pick

My draft went

1.02 Bell
2.11 Howard
3.02 A Robinson
4.11 Baldwin

Somehow the in 4th place (thanks Conner)

Rough luck, but ARob at 3.02 is a big yikes :monocle:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Gurley for Conner and Chubb doesn't seem ridiculously lop sided even if the one guy probably isn't making the playoffs. In PPR Gurley is only scoring 3.25 extra PPG over Conner and Chubb has the volume to be a solid RB2 or low end RB1 for the rest of season. I think there is a reasonable chance that overall the guy getting Conner and Chubb gets more value out of the trade than the guy who got Gurley

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

Gurley for Conner and Chubb doesn't seem ridiculously lop sided even if the one guy probably isn't making the playoffs. In PPR Gurley is only scoring 3.25 extra PPG over Conner and Chubb has the volume to be a solid RB2 or low end RB1 for the rest of season. I think there is a reasonable chance that overall the guy getting Conner and Chubb gets more value out of the trade than the guy who got Gurley

Obviously since rules allow it and there's no evidence of collusion it should be allowed through, but he should definitely try to get a trade deadline put in for next season.

But in your scenario, let's say the dude giving up Gurley is indeed out of playoff contention, any trade he makes is pretty much lopsided if he's sending away the best player. The players he's getting back are practically non factors in the trade.

And implying 3.25 more PPG isn't a big thing, lol. Obviously we can't factor in Chubb due to lack of roster information, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's a bench RB due to him and Conner both being mid/low level picks.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 14, 2018

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

KingKapalone posted:

I'm league manager and think I should let this trade through since it's not an obvious scam, but please comment on it or tell me this is deniable as a manager. (Default ESPN, 12-man)

League leader at 9-1 (+160pts scored above 2nd)
Receives: Gurley

Guy tied for 2nd to last
Receives: Conner, Chubb

I want to know who the league leader has as a RB2 after trading away Chubb and Conner?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Gobias Ind. posted:

Rough luck, but ARob at 3.02 is a big yikes :monocle:

Actually it was Baldwin 3.02 and A Rob 4.11 but still. I suck at drafting. This week I have one starter in my lineup that I drafted

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
The guy giving up Gurley needs to win out and have one of the 4 people tied for 3rd to lose out in order to tie for the last spot which then goes to points scored. He's scored more than 2 of those 4 currently.

I'm the scumbag in second who's 3rd from the bottom in scoring and has had fewest points scored against.

ScottyJSno posted:

I want to know who the league leader has as a RB2 after trading away Chubb and Conner?

Conner IS his RB2. He has Hunt and then Mack will be his new Flex instead of Chubb.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

KingKapalone posted:

The guy giving up Gurley needs to win out and have one of the 4 people tied for 3rd to lose out in order to tie for the last spot which then goes to points scored. He's scored more than 2 of those 4 currently.

I'm the scumbag in second who's 3rd from the bottom in scoring and has had fewest points scored against.

Yea in this case, there's largely nothing wrong with this trade since there's no trade deadline. But man imagine giving up the #1 scorer when you need to win out.

Makes even less sense when you notice that Chubb is on bye this week. Bold strategy to ship out the #1 RB playing against one of the worst defenses for a big downgrade and another RB that is on bye this week when you absolutely have to win every week. :psyduck:

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 14, 2018

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I just traded for kittle for a playoff push not realizing his bye was this week lmao

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And I have him in another league and just switched him out this morning what in the actual gently caress is wrong with me

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

the_american_dream posted:

I just traded for kittle for a playoff push not realizing his bye was this week lmao

If you can sweat the week, it's a great get.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

VietCampo posted:

And implying 3.25 more PPG isn't a big thing, lol.

Sure, 3.25PPG by itself would be big, but you are ignoring whatever improvement the guy gets from Chubb over whatever Flex player he is replacing.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sure, 3.25PPG by itself would be big, but you are ignoring whatever improvement the guy gets from Chubb over whatever Flex player he is replacing.

I didn't ignore it, but you did ignore the rest of my post.

quote:

And implying 3.25 more PPG isn't a big thing, lol. Obviously we can't factor in Chubb due to lack of roster information, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's a bench RB due to him and Conner both being mid/low level picks.

In this case since we got more info, the dude clearly obviously loses with the information we have since he needs to win out to even have a chance at making the playoffs and Chubb is on bye this week so that's a big fat 0 to go along with the downgrade from Gurley to Conner. Not a very smart trade if you're needing to win out even if you think Chubb is worth the downgrade from Gurley to Conner.

That trade should absolutely be approved, but it's still a really really dumb trade for the guy giving up Gurley in his situation of must win out.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 14, 2018

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is it worth picking up a handcuff for Conner or are both Ridley and the other guy bad? It's either that or get a guy like Penny.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

KingKapalone posted:

I'm league manager and think I should let this trade through since it's not an obvious scam, but please comment on it or tell me this is deniable as a manager. (Default ESPN, 12-man)

League leader at 9-1 (+160pts scored above 2nd)
Receives: Gurley

Guy tied for 2nd to last
Receives: Conner, Chubb

It's THE elite RB1 for an elite RB1 and a solid RB2 with RB1 upside. I don't see that as collusion.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Yah if I needed more points to make a run I’d move Gurley for Conner and Chubb in a heart beat.

Especially if I had a garbage flex that combined with Gurley wouldn’t score near as many points as Conner & Chubb

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Even if that RB trade was horribly lopsided - and we've already seen people in this thread who can argue it might not be - that doesn't make it collusion, or blockable. Lopsided trades have to be allowed in fantasy football, if you allow trades at all. If you're concerned that you have total newbies playing in leagues with seasoned veterans, give the newbies a handicap - say, 5 points per game or something. But you can't police trades and cancel the ones you don't think are good, because you will definitely get it wrong eventually (even if it's just some elite guy getting hurt immediately) and then you will have ruined someone's fantasy season because you were playing trade cop. Worse, you'll be taking away a major pathway by which a good fantasy player exercises their skill in order to win.

If you don't want good fantasy players to take advantage of bad fantasy players, then just disallow trading entirely, and also I guess you better get rid of the waiver wire because that's another place a good player can beat a bad player, and I guess also disallow good players talking to bad players because they might advise them about who to start or sit, and I guess also just run the bad player's team for them, just to be sure.

And if none of the above is convincing, consider that in the real life NFL, a dickhead like Gruden can send Khalil Mack to the Bears and that's allowed too. Sometimes the Pats are already dominating the league and then a moron trades them a great player for peanuts, and you're the buffalo bills or the jets and you're just like... god dammit, stop doing that you assholes, but deal with it because that's the game.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Leperflesh posted:

If you're concerned that you have total newbies playing in leagues with seasoned veterans, give the newbies a handicap - say, 5 points per game or something.

I’m a newbie to our Goon dynasty league. Where are my 5 point handicaps?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Well, wasn't able to grab the Cardinals DST for the week. Have Kansas City right now which I definitely don't want to use against the Rams. Some teams are rostering multiple defenses, so it looks like my best options for the week are:

Steelers @Jax
Panthers @Det
Ravens vCincy
Bengals @Bal

Steelers have been okay and could do well against a Jacksonville that is flat from their loss last week. Panthers gets to play against a Detroit where Stafford hasn't been great, Marvin Jones Jr and Kerryon aren't at 100% and the Lions O-line got mauled by the Bears last week. Ravens did really well against the Bills and Titans, and with AJ Green out the Bengals offense has been slipping. Of course, the Bengals could be playing against a rookie QB this week even though they were stomped last week.

I guess I'm thinking of going with the Panthers? Would appreciate some other opinions. Here's all of my options in case I'm missing a good play

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

VietCampo posted:

I didn't ignore it, but you did ignore the rest of my post.

In this case since we got more info, the dude clearly obviously loses with the information we have since he needs to win out to even have a chance at making the playoffs and Chubb is on bye this week so that's a big fat 0 to go along with the downgrade from Gurley to Conner. Not a very smart trade if you're needing to win out even if you think Chubb is worth the downgrade from Gurley to Conner.

That trade should absolutely be approved, but it's still a really really dumb trade for the guy giving up Gurley in his situation of must win out.

It is a hailmary, you hope that the Conner vs Gurley difference this week doesn't screw you with the potential payoff of improved chances for the rest of the games this season. Sometimes you have to roll the hard six

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kloaked00 posted:

Well, wasn't able to grab the Cardinals DST for the week. Have Kansas City right now which I definitely don't want to use against the Rams. Some teams are rostering multiple defenses, so it looks like my best options for the week are:

Steelers @Jax
Panthers @Det
Ravens vCincy
Bengals @Bal

Steelers have been okay and could do well against a Jacksonville that is flat from their loss last week. Panthers gets to play against a Detroit where Stafford hasn't been great, Marvin Jones Jr and Kerryon aren't at 100% and the Lions O-line got mauled by the Bears last week. Ravens did really well against the Bills and Titans, and with AJ Green out the Bengals offense has been slipping. Of course, the Bengals could be playing against a rookie QB this week even though they were stomped last week.

I guess I'm thinking of going with the Panthers? Would appreciate some other opinions. Here's all of my options in case I'm missing a good play

Steelers is my choice by far, and I'm shockd someone didn't already grab them. Their offense is on fire, so Jax won't be able to ground it out. Their defense has been capitalizing on frantic catchup QB play. Grab them and don't look back.

Another way to look at it is: You're thinking of passing over one of the hottest offense-defense combos with a choice matchup in favor of... the team that gave up 45 points to that hot offense.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
We had a tie in our league this week, but ESPN is saying the team on the right won.

We've had ties in past years with no issues, and that setting wasn't changed this year. I checked to be sure and Matchup Tie Breaker is set to None. Do any of y'all have any ideas as to what's going on there?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

We had a tie in our league this week, but ESPN is saying the team on the right won.

We've had ties in past years with no issues, and that setting wasn't changed this year. I checked to be sure and Matchup Tie Breaker is set to None. Do any of y'all have any ideas as to what's going on there?

Since passing yardage is probably like 0.04 or 0.05 points per yard, it likely isn't actually exactly 137.5 for both team, but one of them rounded from something like 137.45 or 137.46 or whatever.

Edit: Brady's 254 passing yards is 10.16 points at 1 pt per 25 yards, so that team is probably at 137.46 and rounded up for display to show 137.5.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 14, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Mikey Purp posted:

1 PPR league, currently starting Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB. Would you give up Amari Cooper for Carson Wentz? My starting WRs are Deandre Hopkins and Tyreek Hill and I've got Lockett, John Brown and DJ Moore on the bench. Might also be able to move Cooper for Rodgers but I actually think I'd prefer Wentz?

Quick sanity check. I trade Cooper, I get Luck. Good get, right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ben Nevis posted:

Like sourdough said, it's going to be a scoring setting that goes down to hundredths. You can go to ESPN's scoreboard and hover over the scores to see it with more precision. For example, here is my garbage score from week 10

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Poque posted:

Like sourdough said, it's going to be a scoring setting that goes down to hundredths. You can go to ESPN's scoreboard and hover over the scores to see it with more precision. For example, here is my garbage score from week 10

Well now that's super handy. Thanks y'all. Means I have a chance to move into first this weekend too, which I wouldn't if it were a real tie.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Would you drop Kirk Cousins to grab Dak Prescott? Prescott seems to have a really appealing schedule.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you drop Kirk Cousins to grab Dak Prescott? Prescott seems to have a really appealing schedule.

Man that's tough. Prescott has been so bad (up until very recently) and Cousins has been pretty ok. Surprisingly though the Cooper addition seems to have sparked the offense a bit in Dallas. I would have to look at ROS, but I don't immediately hate the idea which is more than I could have said a couple of weeks ago.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Over the last 5 weeks, Dak Prescott is the QB10, and Kirk Cousins is the QB23 in points per game

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

Over the last 5 weeks, Dak Prescott is the QB10, and Kirk Cousins is the QB23 in points per game

Where do you pull these stats from?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

weird Asian candy posted:

Where do you pull these stats from?

That one is from FFToday.com; you can do last 3 week splits and last 5 week splits. Yahoo does last four weeks, but does total and not average. FFToday makes life easier.

I also pull stats from FFStatistics.com and Airyards.com.

Edit: IF you use FFToday.com, remember to change the dropdown in the stats area to your provider of choice. Their default is 20 yards passing per point which is some bonkers rear end nonsense that threw off a lot of my research.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 14, 2018

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
I'm full of RBs trying to trade them for a reliable WR2. Am I right in Ranking these?

Conner >>> Cohen > Ingram > Cook / Mack > Yeldon

Obv I shouldn't trade Conner, but there's a dude in my league with both A.Brown & Tyreek Hill. It's not worth trading 1 for 1 for Brown or Hill right?

I could play Cohen / Ingram + Cook or Mack easy.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

That one is from FFToday.com; you can do last 3 week splits and last 5 week splits. Yahoo does last four weeks, but does total and not average. FFToday makes life easier.

Good news: Yahoo does average over 4 weeks now. Used to drive me crazy that they didn't include that.

In 6 point TD pass leagues, Dak is just outside QB1 at 21.58, Cousins is 19th with 18.35 .

Plus Diggs is injured, and Dak has been more consistent.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What's this I'm hearing about Rg3 getting a start for the ravens?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Edit: IF you use FFToday.com, remember to change the dropdown in the stats area to your provider of choice. Their default is 20 yards passing per point which is some bonkers rear end nonsense that threw off a lot of my research.

Sweet, thank you!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Yahoo does averages over 4 weeks but they seem to take the last 4 weeks in which a player scored points, so if a guy doesn't play all season and then scores 25 in a week his 4 week average shows up as 25 not 6.25.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

OfChristandMen posted:

I'm full of RBs trying to trade them for a reliable WR2. Am I right in Ranking these?

Conner >>> Cohen > Ingram > Cook / Mack > Yeldon

Obv I shouldn't trade Conner, but there's a dude in my league with both A.Brown & Tyreek Hill. It's not worth trading 1 for 1 for Brown or Hill right?

I could play Cohen / Ingram + Cook or Mack easy.

Is it PPR, half, standard? In any format, you have Cohen too high for sure, though. Conner >> Cook / Ingram > Mack > Cohen > Yeldon. Without knowing your current WRs or whether it's PPR, don't know if it's worth trading Conner for Brown. It could be, if your WR2 is really really bad and it's PPR (that boosts Brown relative to RBs and also makes your RB situation nicer than it would be in standard). Probably better not to do it, though. Mack, Ingram, or Cook should all be able to net you a nice weekly starter at WR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Hi everybody, it's me, the guy who is starting not one, but two Seahawks RBs on a Thursday (Carson and Davis) because I have literally no other option. gently caress me.

In other news, who would you rather have ROS at .5PPR? Evan Engram or David Njoku?