Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Unvaultings are usually about two months, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Pendent posted:

Having some regret over building the Chroma Prime Systems blueprint last night- I didn't realize new stuff goes for quite so much on the market. I could have bought the two remaining (rare) pieces of Oberon prime with that plat.

Don't build parts until you're ready and willing to build the whole thing.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

man this twitch event is some absolute loving garbage lol, thats two nights in a row my PC has crashed while i mine warframe coin by very intently not watching some nerd streamer. because twitch is a terrible website that destroys my computer

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Teshin sent me some fireworks. I should have let him die.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Nickiepoo posted:

Don't build parts until you're ready and willing to build the whole thing.

It just feels so good to take stuff out of the oven, you know?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zereth posted:

Anybody want to buy this riven off me?

It's fully leveled, unrolled. I don't care if you're gonna flip it or what, I just really, really hate dealing with trade chat.

I'll probably buy it, depends how much you want for it. My fetish is buying every secondary riven in the world. I'm Charenton ingame

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Unvaultings are usually about two months, right?

They're traditionally one month but the last couple have been two

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I outbid you with THREE ammo drums!

I'll match that and throw in a bespoke Slip Magazine.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DoombatINC posted:

They're traditionally one month but the last couple have been two

Thanks. I'm kinda burnt out but at least want to grab Mag Prime, just trying to figure out how lazy I can be and still grab her.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
How far is 1000 plat going to get me if i'm mostly going for absolute essentials like slots and potatoes? got a discount to get that for like 13 bucks, which seems like an alright few bucks to drop now that i'm a few dozen hours in and still diggin it

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You'll be able to stretch that a long way if you're just sticking to slots and taters.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

How far is 1000 plat going to get me if i'm mostly going for absolute essentials like slots and potatoes? got a discount to get that for like 13 bucks, which seems like an alright few bucks to drop now that i'm a few dozen hours in and still diggin it

A thousand is a lot of slots and potatoes, but those 75%ers aren't especially common so it might be worth bumping up to the next tier if you see yourself sticking around :keke:

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

Flytrap posted:

Oh Jesus, the Akvasto Prime really requires you to build two full Vasto Prime's, huh? poo poo, it's like they took the joke everyone was making about Chroma Prime series.

Akbronco Prime and Aklex Prime work the same way. At least with Akvasto all the parts you need come from one relic.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Ugh, that is so lame. That means I gotta hunt down three full sets for completion sake!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DoombatINC posted:

A thousand is a lot of slots and potatoes, but those 75%ers aren't especially common so it might be worth bumping up to the next tier if you see yourself sticking around :keke:

Yeah, I bought the 2100 pack last time I cashed in a 75% and I've still got like 500 of it after a bunch of slots and potatoes and a couple of rivens and a Carrier Prime set. Definitely got my :20bux: worth.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

devinebovine posted:

Akbronco Prime and Aklex Prime work the same way. At least with Akvasto all the parts you need come from one relic.

And the only reason Akbolto Prime doesn't do that is because they (rightly and justifiably) haven't made a Bolto Prime.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

RoadCrewWorker posted:

When I started playing this game I bought the second tier of prime access which comes with 2625 plat. 1000 hours later and I'm still above 2000. I basically don't buy cosmetics so 1000 plat for 'function over form' purchases only can carry you for a long long time.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Slots and potatoes will last forever on 1000, if you start getting boosters and some vaulted frames, that changes things.

Resource boosters are like crack for me. I can't play without them - although to be fair you can totally play the game without them - it's just my eye starts to twitch when I pick up just ONE orokin cell instead of 2....

I would definitely suggest spending a bit more to get yourself the chance to run with some boosters. Credit, affinity and resource boosters help tremendously in the early game.

If you are sitting on a 75% coupon, I would suggest throwing all you can at it as odds are you aren't seeing one again for quite some time. I've only gotten 1 ever.....

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

FileNotFound posted:

Slots and potatoes will last forever on 1000, if you start getting boosters and some vaulted frames, that changes things.

Resource boosters are like crack for me. I can't play without them - although to be fair you can totally play the game without them - it's just my eye starts to twitch when I pick up just ONE orokin cell instead of 2....

I would definitely suggest spending a bit more to get yourself the chance to run with some boosters. Credit, affinity and resource boosters help tremendously in the early game.

If you are sitting on a 75% coupon, I would suggest throwing all you can at it as odds are you aren't seeing one again for quite some time. I've only gotten 1 ever.....

If you stop playing for a while, 75% coupons seem to be significantly more frequent.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

TBH I think goons are too much in love with Nidus's design. His kit requires a lot of time to really come online, which is time you don't really get super often.

Worse, even in the endless missions, a Khora can ruin your day because her strangledome will grab mobs before you can do so. And AOE frames will often kill-steal your carefully collected groups of larva'd mobs.

Even the more-open defense boards can be a bit frustrating, stack-wise.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

KoldPT posted:

If you stop playing for a while, 75% coupons seem to be significantly more frequent.

I've dropped and picked up warframe 3 times now, and DE still only gave me 1 because they know I'm a fat lazy whale and will keep giving them money at 50%.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
alright sunk in for 25 bucks and got the 2k pack in case i feel the game's dying on me and i really need a new frame panic button to spice things up (i've never used boosters in anything ever). Which is about what i spent on PoE which i got a couple hundred hours of casual zen out of. Now that's a game with a convoluted upgrade/currency/skillgrid system.

What's the deal with the real money fancypants skins with credited creators? Do those people get a cut of every purchase?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 14, 2018

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Yeah, the cash shop stuff gives a cut to the artist.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

In fact, PC Gamer recently did a piece about one of the tennogen artists and how much their life has turned around due to it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
That's neat to hear, some obvious talent went into that stuff

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Yet another instance of DE being totally awesome, and agreed, there's a lot of really amazing fashion in there.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
also this may be the dumbest rookie question but is there really no way to save the password every time you start up the game? the only thing this does is to encourage me to use the same password i have on my luggage (as opposed to the randomized 32 char hex passwords i usually keep in my password safe).

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RoadCrewWorker posted:

also this may be the dumbest rookie question but is there really no way to save the password every time you start up the game? the only thing this does is to encourage me to use the same password i have on my luggage (as opposed to the randomized 32 char hex passwords i usually keep in my password safe).
You can paste into the password box.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the "best" solution is to copy/paste out of a password manager. second best is get yourself a passphrase instead of a password, that way you can have something long and nonsensical that is at least easier to remember than a bunch of hex

it's counterproductive to actual account security but i can't make them change it

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'd really prefer to just see multi-factor authentication, or to be told I'm dumb at that it already exists, idiot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pendent posted:

I'd really prefer to just see multi-factor authentication, or to be told I'm dumb at that it already exists, idiot.

It already exists. You can activate it on your account page.

It just sends a code to the email on file when you log in from a new location.

e: idiot :)

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

It really bums me out that if you use Nova’s 1, you can’t capture animals. They are immediately murdered by a ball of charged particles

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
passphrases are the way to go, every single password i use is some variation of "my <adjectives> password" and even posting this won't help you or a computer guess any of them cause they're all so loving long and full of spelling errors and randomly placed l33t numbers

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Anyone have a good guide for sayrn prime spore build?

I can do ok on the first few waves of ESO but I just get splatted once the enemy level starts ramping up, and I'm definitely not killing the whole map instantly like some of the people I see.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Shredder posted:

I can do ok on the first few waves of ESO but I just get splatted once the enemy level starts ramping up, and I'm definitely not killing the whole map instantly like some of the people I see.

This is my ESO carry Saryn. Get your spores rolling, eat a few bullets to regenerate energy (not required if your group has EV Trinity), molt to regen the HP you lost.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

RoadCrewWorker posted:

alright sunk in for 25 bucks and got the 2k pack in case i feel the game's dying on me and i really need a new frame panic button to spice things up (i've never used boosters in anything ever). Which is about what i spent on PoE which i got a couple hundred hours of casual zen out of. Now that's a game with a convoluted upgrade/currency/skillgrid system.

What's the deal with the real money fancypants skins with credited creators? Do those people get a cut of every purchase?

If you do this I suggest only buying frames from the store that have no Prime version and are hard to get. It's way better value to buy the prime versions off players.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Media Bloodbath posted:

It's way better value to buy the prime versions off players.
Yeah i was gonna check out everything from the .market or whatever sites to compare if it ever comes to that.
Is that stuff scammer safe or will i have watch out for trades with russianTradeBot3829_notviru$ or will people randomly ask for sweeteners or scummy crap like that

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Shredder posted:

This is what I run:
https://goo.gl/rav26z

It's a heavier investment than the other build that is posted.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It's pretty scammer safe in that regard.

Here's my ESO Saryn.

Blind Rage and TransFort are at that level to keep the extra efficiency and duration, but you could probably max them. My guess is that if you aren't killing things with spores then you are casting spore too frequently. Every cast takes like 20 or 25% off of the total tick damage. You want to cast it once and then kill things to spread it, then kill patches of things to spread it forever. Killing everything at once, like through a Volt or Equinox, can kind of shut this down. And while I'd definitely recommend 280% range for other game modes 250% is more than fine in ESO. 55% efficiency seem rear end but I can start a round by casting spore, do the zenurik dash, and then be good for the round with or without a Trinity. A Trinity just means I'm going to pop Miasma more often but that isn't necessary, it's just real nice for focus, you'll get a miasma in that early focus phase anyway with zenurik. But if one doesn't have energizing dash then I wouldn't recommend this build.

E: And if you don't have any corrupted mods to really push things then just focus on range over anything.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Yeah i was gonna check out everything from the .market or whatever sites to compare if it ever comes to that.
Is that stuff scammer safe or will i have watch out for trades with russianTradeBot3829_notviru$ or will people randomly ask for sweeteners or scummy crap like that

if people do that on warframe.market you can report them on the site, that's against their rules. And then say "no thanks" as you cancel out of the trade and buy from someone else on the list. I've had issue with people being weird about starting trades but every sale where I've gotten to the trade screen it's the item(s) for sale at the price for sale no nonsense. Normally the nonsense comes in as a seller, buying is very straightforward.

Overall, it's absolutely the best way to go.