Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Niece (15F) threatening to call CPS because she and her father (35M) got into a fight about her Youtube videos; me, aunt, (28F) trying to help calm waters.

This all happened a few nights ago and our family is pretty rocked by all this. My niece Ella makes ASMR videos and seems to put a lot of effort into them. I honestly don't know anything about video production or editing or creating followers so I won't pretend to know, but I do know that this is her hobby and she has fun with it. I also do know what ASMR is and she has shown me some of her videos (all tame stuff.)

My brother is a little bit older but pretty technologically behind. He know Youtube has videos. That's about it.

The other night, Ella was in the middle of filming one of her videos which was an ASMR makeup video. Her dad walked in on this and saw her getting really close to her camera, in a sort of low tank top, whispering and wearing more makeup than usual. That was all he needed to know, apparently. He interrupted her filming, got in her face, started yelling at her about doing inappropriate things online, slammed his fist down on her table, breaking a lot of her makeup (like eyeshadows and blush), asking her repeatedly who she was talking to, do you know what kind of perverts and creeps are out there, and during this whole time, Ella is trying to explain (and failing) what ASMR is. She says, "dad, you are overreacting, get the gently caress out of my face" at which point, her dad shoves/smacks her shoulder pretty hard and tells her to never speak to him like that. Oh, and this is all being filmed.

Basically, long story short, Ella realizes later in the evening that this was all recorded and when her dad came into her room to talk after calming down, she put her hand up and said "If you come into my room again or say anything to me ever again, I'm going to put this online and let everyone know what a jerk you are, and I'm going to call CPS and I'll have proof you hurt me." He tried to apologize and tell her to calm down but by this point she is screaming and stomping her foot, saying the same thing "I'm going to post this online and call CPS! Don't talk to me ever again!"

Ella and I are closer than she is to her dad so her dad called me and told me everything that happened, hopefully so I can reason with her. She hasn't picked up any of my calls or texts. My brother is freaking out and I am also worried about her. This was Sunday night and it's now Tuesday night, and she is just stone-silent towards him, unresponsive with me.

Is there really anything we can do? Her dad wants to apologize and talk to her (as I've explained to him how loving stupid he was for rushing to conclusions and hurting her feelings like that, also pushing her). He has been fighting with her more often lately and I have suggested counseling for them more than once. This is obviously the tipping point for them. Can I do anything? Can I coach my brother right now on anything, if she does decide to open up?

TLDR: Niece makes ASMR videos, her dad walked in on her making one and thought she was doing something sexual or inappropriate, lost his poo poo, pushed her, argued with her, all the while, she was still recording. She now refuses to talk to him and when he tries, she threatens to call CPS and also post this fighting video online. What can I do to help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a youtube celeb who's generous and actually has enough social awareness to realize it's not something you wanna lead with in the dating scene might as well be a unicorn

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [M30] family hit my fiance's car [F30] and didn't say a thing to her, I did to them and now it's turning ridiculous.

My fiance and I went to visit my family an hour away for my niece's birthday. My brother in law went to get the cake from Publix and hit my fiance's car causing a small scratch (nothing serious that we want compensation for). I was waiting for my brother in law to tell her but he didn't so by the end of the night I had to tell her herself. When we get to the car she was upset that he didn't tell her anything.

I called him and told him hey can you call my fiance and just like apologize or something, just to show regret and all. He goes all angry at me that since we are getting married it is technically my car and that he already told "us" by telling me. I told him that is not the same, she bought the car before we got together and also she is its sole driver.

My brother in law is all upset about how I made him do it and my fiance is calling me a bad fiance for not listening to her when she said not say a thing.

I wanted for my family to just say hey we're sorry didn't mean to as in show some f'ing regret about this whole thing.

Did I do something wrong here? I understand she doesn't want to ruin the dynamic between them but jesus man you hit her drat car, least you can do is say sorry to the owner.

​tl;dr Brother in law hit my fiance's car, didn't apologize, I made him, fiance is upset with me.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

wait forget about that other one lol

This sounds ridiculous but it's an issue. My [26M] bodybuilding boyfriend eats a lot more food than me [26F] and it's destroying our relationship.

:yeshaha:

quote:

We're in our mid-twenties in a big city known for night life, so forgoing that is a big deal because there's really not that much other stuff to do here besides going to restaurants and bars.

jfc I know Redditors are all dumber than a box of rocks but sometimes the reality of it just hits you

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 14, 2018

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

LabyaMynora posted:

Let's assume for a moment that the claim really says "age discrimination." Would a lawyer really put that together for the guy? Could a lawyer face penalties for putting something together like that - like, from the Bar or whatever?

as a rule of thumb, you can always find a lawyer somewhere scummy/dumb enough to file drat near anything, but it would be really hard, and while its not super likely the bar would get involved, its technically possible. More likely would be sanctions (money penalty) against the plaintiff.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Niece (15F) threatening to call CPS because she and her father (35M) got into a fight about her Youtube videos; me, aunt, (28F) trying to help calm waters.

?

TLDR: Niece makes ASMR videos,

but aren't these for people to jack off to??

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it sounds more like the lawyer didn't file poo poo and just coached the guy/drafted a scary letter, the latter of which probably still isn't super ethical but nobody's gonna give a poo poo

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Ostensibly, no. Realistically, yes

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Roommate (30sM) of 3 years says he's 'feeling rapey', what to do?

Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit, I couldn't think of any other. Also sorry if this is a bit long but I'm trying to give you all the facts. TL;DR at the end!

So my roommate (30sM) and I (24F) have been living together for about 3 years. From the start I knew he was autistic and that he was prone to anger outbursts. No problem, every now and then it's a pain in the rear end but he usually keeps to himself and doesn't bother me that much. For clarity, we both have our own floor, I live on the first floor with my own kitchen/bathroom and he lives on the second floor, we share the stairs and hallway.

I've never felt comfortable around him, but we're living here basically rent free and other places are really hard to find with my limited budget, so I put up with it. I tolerated the noise, the outbursts, the holes in the wall and doors (all on his floor), even when he destroyed my stove because my food supposedly stunk up the house (he did fix it later). I am honestly just afraid of the repercussions if I go against him (he is twice my size), and on most days there's nothing going on so I thought the good outweighed the bad.

Lately he's been acting strange. Making weird sexual comments about my breasts, saying that my glasses looked sexy on me. He even straight up asked for a blowjob a couple of times in a supposedly joking manner, which I denied of course. I wanted to say something about his inappropriate behaviour but like I said, I'm afraid of the outcome because with his Aspergers there is really no telling in how he'll react, as I've noticed the past 3 years.

According to him he's frustrated because it's been too long without sex. Alright, understandable, can relate. But I've been noticing more and more stuff being destroyed because of his violent outbursts caused by his frustration. He has thrown his lifting weights around in such a way that part of my ceiling came down. If that wasn't enough, I just ran into him in the hallway and casually asked if he's feeling a bit better, to which he replied: 'meh, still feeling a bit rapey'. And now I'm definitely scared. Who says that?! What do I reply?! I basically just nodded and walked away as quickly as I could.

I've been trying to document these comments, a lot of friends know about everything that happened,, but I have no proof otherwise that he actually said those things, and I'm afraid of going to the police with this because we'll still be living together afterwards and I do not want to know how he is going to react after me filing a report. So, what do I do? I have a feeling he won't hurt me, but you can never know for sure and it's causing me to feel uncomfortable in my own goddamn home, all the time. I'm already looking at other places but it might be a while for anything comes up. I have to get out, but what do I do in the meantime?

TL;DR; autistic roommate is sexually frustrated and says he's feeling rapey. I'm afraid to do anything because he is prone to violent anger outbursts. I'm scared, what to do?

​Edit: thanks everyone for the advice. I am currently speaking to some friends to see if there is any place available for me to move into. If not, I will just drop all my stuff and crash on someone's couch. I forgot to mention I also have two cats so me crashing at someone's place is easier said than done with two fluffballs also needing space. I am also looking into filing an official report, I am just too scared to do that right now because if the police contacts him he will know for sure that it was me. So I want to move out first. In the meantime I am documenting/photographing everything I see. Again, thank you all.

Swat this loving loser and if the cops don't kill him do it yourself.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

blarzgh posted:

not all are but in this situation it absolutely is j/o fodder for pedophiles, even if the 15 year old herself isn't aware of it

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Roommate (30sM) of 3 years says he's 'feeling rapey', what to do?

Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit, I couldn't think of any other. Also sorry if this is a bit long but I'm trying to give you all the facts. TL;DR at the end!

So my roommate (30sM) and I (24F) have been living together for about 3 years. From the start I knew he was autistic and that he was prone to anger outbursts. No problem, every now and then it's a pain in the rear end but he usually keeps to himself and doesn't bother me that much. For clarity, we both have our own floor, I live on the first floor with my own kitchen/bathroom and he lives on the second floor, we share the stairs and hallway.

I've never felt comfortable around him, but we're living here basically rent free and other places are really hard to find with my limited budget, so I put up with it. I tolerated the noise, the outbursts, the holes in the wall and doors (all on his floor), even when he destroyed my stove because my food supposedly stunk up the house (he did fix it later). I am honestly just afraid of the repercussions if I go against him (he is twice my size), and on most days there's nothing going on so I thought the good outweighed the bad.

Lately he's been acting strange. Making weird sexual comments about my breasts, saying that my glasses looked sexy on me. He even straight up asked for a blowjob a couple of times in a supposedly joking manner, which I denied of course. I wanted to say something about his inappropriate behaviour but like I said, I'm afraid of the outcome because with his Aspergers there is really no telling in how he'll react, as I've noticed the past 3 years.

According to him he's frustrated because it's been too long without sex. Alright, understandable, can relate. But I've been noticing more and more stuff being destroyed because of his violent outbursts caused by his frustration. He has thrown his lifting weights around in such a way that part of my ceiling came down. If that wasn't enough, I just ran into him in the hallway and casually asked if he's feeling a bit better, to which he replied: 'meh, still feeling a bit rapey'. And now I'm definitely scared. Who says that?! What do I reply?! I basically just nodded and walked away as quickly as I could.

I've been trying to document these comments, a lot of friends know about everything that happened,, but I have no proof otherwise that he actually said those things, and I'm afraid of going to the police with this because we'll still be living together afterwards and I do not want to know how he is going to react after me filing a report. So, what do I do? I have a feeling he won't hurt me, but you can never know for sure and it's causing me to feel uncomfortable in my own goddamn home, all the time. I'm already looking at other places but it might be a while for anything comes up. I have to get out, but what do I do in the meantime?

TL;DR; autistic roommate is sexually frustrated and says he's feeling rapey. I'm afraid to do anything because he is prone to violent anger outbursts. I'm scared, what to do?

​Edit: thanks everyone for the advice. I am currently speaking to some friends to see if there is any place available for me to move into. If not, I will just drop all my stuff and crash on someone's couch. I forgot to mention I also have two cats so me crashing at someone's place is easier said than done with two fluffballs also needing space. I am also looking into filing an official report, I am just too scared to do that right now because if the police contacts him he will know for sure that it was me. So I want to move out first. In the meantime I am documenting/photographing everything I see. Again, thank you all.

He's gonna end up wearing her skin if she doesn't book it out of there.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

blarzgh posted:

bell jar posted:

Ostensibly, no. Realistically, yes

Brother Entropy posted:

not all are but in this situation it absolutely is j/o fodder for pedophiles, even if the 15 year old herself isn't aware of it

Welp, there are a few ASMR recordings in my meditation app for sleep time relaxation. They don't do whatever they are supposed to do for me, but it never occurred to me that it was a sexual thing....

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Xik posted:

Welp, there are a few ASMR recordings in my meditation app for sleep time relaxation. They don't do whatever they are supposed to do for me, but it never occurred to me that it was a sexual thing....

do you also have this in your mediation queue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6doTovKpPcA

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Amazing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No sound!!!??

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I'm probably on some kind of list now and I still don't understand asmr.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Beachcomber posted:

I'm probably on some kind of list now and I still don't understand asmr.

It's about pretending to have friends.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Xik posted:

Amazing.

Goddamnit. The Velveteen Rabbit? They couldn’t leave that one alone?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

LabyaMynora posted:

Why the gently caress are they calling their 2 year old daughter by her middle name instead of her first name? Why didn't they just make her middle name her first name if that's what they were going to call her?
Twist: they swiped the SIL''s babyname but made it the middle to look more innocent then just used it as the first anyways.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

what

this is what people get :goose: to?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When I see people who call their baby by their middle name, it's almost always been because they named their kid after someone but wanted to call their kid something else. I guess it's more of an honor to get the kid named after you if it's their first name, I dunno.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I've got a brother where they were calling him by his middle name even before he was born. His first name's a bit dumb while his middle name is common. I don't get it either.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Me (33M) - Finance (31F); Pregnancy causing huge issues and I am on the verge of a break down.

quote:

Looking for advice or maybe just a place to vent. I was in the grocery store today and caught myself about to have a panic attack and start crying. Just looking for some words of encouragement or advice as needed.

Some back story:

I just got out of a marriage and started to date again when I met the current fiance in August. She lived about 4 hours away, she has a 6 year old and we chatted for about 2 weeks before meeting up for the first time. To make this a bit shorter we fell head over heels for each other. We hung out about for 2-3 weekends then I eventually met her daughter who I love to death. Then started going to her place for Thurs-Sun then coming back to come to work. Fast forward a month or so and since I work in IT I was allowed to be a full time remote worker so I moved in. Everything has been doing well, alot of fun and memories trips together and our family unit is pretty strong. She has a pretty checkered past, used to be a stripper, dated older guys like 45+ and was on/off again with her ex husband for about 10 years. I was the first different guy for her, smart, nerdy, funny, sweet, affectionate etc everything that she wanted. Fast forward another month and we talking about getting engaged and even having a kid.

I'll preface with yes I know we rushed really hard and heavy here, we have only been together for ~4 months which is probably part of the problem.

I never wanted to have a child and she never wanted to have another one. But at least for me, meeting her, meeting her daughter changed all that and I think the same for her as well. We talked about it for weeks and went through the whole we don't want a broken home we want them to have a family etc etc. Fast forward another month and we started to try have a kid for literately for about a week, and decided to slow down and hold off. Well during that one day, she got pregnant and found out the first of October. Between all of this she written my sweet notes expressing her love even the card she got for the baby said how she is so excited and I will be the best dad ever and she loves me with all of her heart etc. We were both excited and about the 5th or 6th week of pregnancy she started to not feel well and still feels like crap. The last few weeks have been hard on her and for me as well this last week and even yesterday we had a few heart to heart conversations. My love language is affection and words of affirmation hers are acts of service and quality time. I told her I don't feel appreciated or loved as I am constantly doing everything (all house stuff, food runs, cooking, teaching/taking care of the kid, working, 6 pets etc) and all that I want is just a hug and a kiss everyday. To top this all off she showers her kid with so much love and affection and even the dog that it feels even worse to see all this and get nothing in return. She tells me she loves me but I have to be stronger. That was about 2 weeks ago, I brought it up a week later just saying something like I miss my bae's love and she hated that and called me needy. I had to move a piano with a buddy for our kid as she started to take piano lessons. Took us all day and had to engineer some solutions (moving a piano is much harder than I thought lol) took all day and not even a thank you or anything and thats why I said something. The following day we had a long talk and she is extremely mad that we are having a baby, she doesn't know why she doesn't want to show me affection anymore and is worried she wont want to in the future. She says she still loves me but as I went back to the house I'm selling (since i moved in) shes just very distant and cold.

Maybe I'm over reacting but it feels like I'm working my rear end off and doing the best I can for no appreciate, no love and worried that this will change our relationship. She has stated kids destroy relationships and other things or not staying together just for the kids and passive comments like that. I am having constant anxiety, I'm depressed and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be welcomed as I don't want to have my first kid come to a home like this and was one of the reasons to have a kid was for a solid family. I moved my entire life for her and my step daughter but I cant feel this way anymore I'm having dark thoughts that I shouldn't be and just need some advice. Thanks in advance.

But what are they going to name the baby?!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

has a 6 year old and we chatted for about 2 weeks before meeting up for the first time. To make this a bit shorter we fell head over heels for each other. We hung out about for 2-3 weekends then I eventually met her daughter who I love to death. Then started going to her place for Thurs-Sun then coming back to come to work. Fast forward a month or so and since I work in IT I was allowed to be a full time remote worker so I moved in. Everything has been doing well, alot of fun and memories trips together and our family unit is pretty strong. She has a pretty checkered past, used to be a stripper, dated older guys like 45+ and was on/off again with her ex husband for about 10 years. I was the first different guy for her, smart, nerdy, funny, sweet, affectionate etc everything that she wanted. Fast forward another month and we talking about getting engaged and even having a kid. 

​ 

I'll preface with yes I know we rushed really hard and heavy here, we have only been together for ~4 months which is probably part of the problem. 

​ 

I never wanted to have a child and she never wanted to have another one. But at least for me, meeting her, meeting her daughter changed all that and I think the same for her as well. We talked about it for weeks and went through the whole we don't want a broken home we want them to have a family etc etc. Fast forward another month and we started to try have a kid for literately for about a week, and decided to slow down and hold off. Well during that one day, she got pregnant and found out the first of October. Between all of this she written my sweet notes expressing her love even the card she got for the baby said how she is so excited and I will be the best dad ever and she loves me with all of her heart etc. We were both excited and about the 5th or 6th week of pregnancy she started to not feel well and still feels like crap. The last few weeks have been hard on her and for me as well this last week and even yesterday we had a few heart to heart conversations. My love language is affection and words of affirmation hers are acts of service and quality time. I told her I don't feel appreciated or loved as I am constantly doing everything (all house stuff, food runs, cooking, teaching/taking care of the kid, working, 6 pets etc) and all that I want is just a hug and a kiss everyday. To top this all off she showers her kid with so much love and affection and even the dog that it feels even worse to see all this and get nothing in return. She tells me she loves me but I have to be stronger. That was about 2 weeks ago, I brought it up a week later just saying something like I miss my bae's love and she hated that and called me needy. I had to move a piano with a buddy for our kid as she started to take piano lessons. Took us all day and had to engineer some solutions (moving a piano is much harder than I thought lol) took all day and not even a thank you or anything and thats why I said something. The following day we had a long talk and she is extremely mad that we are having a baby, she doesn't know why she doesn't want to show me affection anymore and is worried she wont want to in the future. She says she still loves me but as I went back to the house I'm selling (since i moved in) shes just very distant and cold. 

Maybe I'm over reacting but it feels like I'm working my rear end off and doing the best I can for no appreciate, no love and worried that this will change our relationship. She has stated kids destroy relationships and other things or not staying together just for the kids and passive comments like that. I am having constant anxiety, I'm depressed and I don't know what to do. Any advice would be welcomed as I don't want to have my first kid come to a home like this and was one of the reasons to have a kid was for a solid family. I moved my entire life for her and my step daughter but I cant feel this way anymore I'm having dark thoughts that I shouldn't be and just need some advice. Thanks in advance

I need a :thunk: that expands to infinity

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Midnight Voyager posted:

When I see people who call their baby by their middle name, it's almost always been because they named their kid after someone but wanted to call their kid something else. I guess it's more of an honor to get the kid named after you if it's their first name, I dunno.

Most people I've known who go by their middle name do so because they hate their first name.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

tactlessbastard posted:

I need a :thunk: that expands to infinity
Seems like a dork that never got any play got real excited that a worn out stripper gave him a little attention so he devoted his entire life to her in a month.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
He works in IT.

:murder:

Tryke
Jun 27, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

My parents did this to me. It's a minor inconvenience. I've given them plenty of poo poo for it over the years, but I'm too lazy to actually change it now.

The middle name thing used to make it really easy to sniff out telemarketers, but now they're all obvious robots.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
My stepdad insists on calling my son by his initials because it was his idea - his initials rhyme with our last name and my moron stepdad thinks is the funniest thing ever - despite the fact that he's almost 7 and nobody else calls him that. He thinks my son's nickname is "a girl's name" (it's gender neutral I guess but I know more boys that use it than girls). He's in his 70s and I don't want to get into a fight with a MAGA dickhole on Chantix so I'm just gonna let it go until he dies

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I guess I shouldn't express naming opinions after I let my wife name a girl Agatha.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MightyJoe36 posted:

Most people I've known who go by their middle name do so because they hate their first name.

It is just basic sense to keep enemies from learning your truename, and thus gaining power over you

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

I guess I shouldn't express naming opinions after I let my wife name a girl Agatha.

I'm pretty sure that's a real name so you can continue to dunk on Jynesys or whatever

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

tactlessbastard posted:

What are you complaining about, that's an awesome name!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

LabyaMynora posted:

poo poo, Monster Energy drinks alone will probably cause afib.

I can't wait to see how the first generation of energy drink drinkers fare in middle-to-old age. It's like a science experiment in real time!

A Monster is same caffeine as a cup of coffee. It's really not a big deal unless you're drinking 6 cans a day or something.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Slightly old-fashioned names don't even register except among the most pedantic compared to the monstrosities middle class white people come up with.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
When we got to start picking names I had to explain to my wife that with her new last name that starts with an "S", first names that end with "Ess" sound are all pretty much off the table because they end up running together and sounding like some weird european sports car.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah it blows

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
And theres lots of reasons to go with middle names, i.e. we've agreed in advance that our next boy will take wife's maiden name as their first name and will go by their middle name.

Also naming a kid is a goddamn sudoku puzzle of names you like and your partner hates, names that are easy to make fun of, names your partner likes and you hate, and especially names of people you hate. Its a great way to make a register of people you don't like lol.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MightyJoe36 posted:

That's why I do it. I grew to hate it in J.R. high/HS because to differentiate me from another girl with the same name my classmates put the suffix -Guy onto my name. She got no suffix or -girl added to hers, because I was 'less feminine'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What are you complaining about, that's an awesome name!

I don't mind it but we get a lot of weird looks about it.