Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The keys to its appeal were that it looked superficially like the much finer and much more expensive blown iridescent glass by Tiffany, Loetz and others and also that the cheerful bright finish caught the light even in dark corners of the home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Improbable Lobster posted:

and also that the cheerful bright finish caught the light even in dark corners of the home.

I mean, TBF this is why I drink too?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lp0_on_fire

this whole article is just grooooooan but the categories really put it over the top

Categories: Computer errors | Computer humor | Computer printers | Fire

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

nice, very clickhole aesthetic

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Folklore

A legend tells of a train wreck in the area in the early 20th century. A travelling circus was on the train, and from it a group of chimpanzees escaped and interbred with the local alligator population.[citation needed]

florida man backstory sounding accurate

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
References to DVD technology and flying on Concorde combine to date this book to a very narrow period. (In this it is like Dead Air.)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the very narrow period of six years

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the very narrow period of six years

Wikipedia is for the ages

when mankind takes its place among the stars Wikipedia will be its omnibus

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

syscall girl posted:

Wikipedia is for the ages

when mankind takes its place among the stars Wikipedia will be its omnibus

ugh now I’m gonna be depressed for a month

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
:tip shat:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shortest-reigning_monarchs

the progression of section headings on this one is pretty good

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

He is said to reside in a private condominium inside Tropicana Field.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Leck posted:

He is said to reside in a private condominium inside Tropicana Field.

How could that possibly be legal zoning?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Schadenboner posted:

How could that possibly be legal zoning?

there are baseball stadiums that include hotels. i think there was a situation in toronto once where a couple people were loving in front of their open hotel window, and the players could see it

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

prefect posted:

there are baseball stadiums that include hotels. i think there was a situation in toronto once where a couple people were loving in front of their open hotel window, and the players could see it

I don't think hotels are zoned residential though?

This is one of the few effective ways people have been able to shut down lovely Airbnb landlords?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

prefect posted:

what a waste, baseball doesn't even have free-throws

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Mark L. Miller of Ain't It Cool News gave it a positive review, having especially enjoyed the design of the creature.[8]

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Mark L. Miller of Ain't It Cool News gave it a positive review, having especially enjoyed the design of the creature.[8]

was guessing Species IV

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Many dancers incorporate the move in their repertoire as a minor addition to a set. Whether in the beginning, middle, or end of a set, a dab is usually used to mark a drop. In Korean pop music (K-pop) some South Koreans adopted the move,[27] along with Whip and Nae Nae.[28]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
what about the :boom:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Their original name was "Sophistifuck and the Revlon Spam Queens", but they had to shorten the name as they could not afford that many letters on a T-shirt.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

prefect posted:

not just the players - they ended up on the jumbotron.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Their original name was "Sophistifuck and the Revlon Spam Queens", but they had to shorten the name as they could not afford that many letters on a T-shirt.

i mean either "sophistifuck" or "revlon spam queens " are both good names but they went with "Germs" ???

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

i mean either "sophistifuck" or "revlon spam queens " are both good names but they went with "Germs" ???

when you're paying by the letter though...

K9
May 6, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oggy_Oggy_Oggy

quote:

In the 1990s, in Birmingham, UK, when some children played outside in areas with very few people, and who became temporarily split up and lost from their friends or family while playing, they would shout “Oggy, oggy, oggy” for their friends or family to hear their general direction and to respond with “Oi, oi, oi”. They used this to try and find each other again through sound and hearing. This may not have been limited to the 1990s, and may not have been limited to Birmingham, UK.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that's kinda sweet

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
See also Edit

Agflation
Biflation
Chronic inflation
Deflation
Hyperinflation
Inflationism
Shrinkflation

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The balls swell during the cooking time of 20 to 30 minutes.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
As of 28 August 2018, NO evidence has been provided to verify the reported incident of any drone strike actually occurred. The Canadian Transport Safety Authority has not investigated this incident and it was only 'confirmed' by Canadian Transport Minister Marc Garneau - and done so without any official investigation or evidence concluded from any official investigation. In fact according to Transport Canada's official incident database, the reported incident occurred at 2,400ft altitude and the database says the aircraft was about 6.1nm (11.3km) from the runway at the time of impact; indicating clear errors in the facts as stated by Canada's Transport Minister. Prior claims made by the office of the Transport Minister, regarding drone strikes against aircraft have subsequently been regarded by Canada's own aviation safety investigations authority as having most probably not likely to have occurred given review of all available evidence. Official Transport Canada correspondence continue to reference reports and incidents in manners which have been officially concluded with results that disprove and contradict the positions published by the office of the Transportation Minister.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

deifnitely not limited to birmingham, I remember this and I grew up in the south

i look forward to yospos being cited as a reference in future

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

deifnitely not limited to birmingham, I remember this and I grew up in the south

i look forward to yospos being cited as a reference in future

it dates back to at least the seventies in london

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i happily don't know anything about this weird britlander ritual

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

dragon enthusiast posted:

See also Edit

Agflation
Biflation
Chronic inflation
Deflation
Hyperinflation
Inflationism
Shrinkflation

don't kink-shame

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

don't kink-shame

someone create a :wink: + :psyboom: combo pls

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Referencing the song's lyrics, the petition stated that "We, the undersigned, would like the Obama administration to recognise the need for a new national anthem, one that even a decade after its creation, is still hot and fresh out the kitchen."[19]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ugh

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
De Palma met with Bob Hoskins to discuss the role in case De Niro, the director's first choice for the part, turned it down. When De Niro took the part, De Palma mailed Hoskins a check for £20,000 with a "Thank You" note, which prompted Hoskins to call up De Palma and ask him if there were any more movies he didn't want him to be in.[9]

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
His last trick, which led to his death, involved the Goddess Hine-nui-te-pō. While attempting to make mankind immortal by changing into a worm, Māui entered her vagina, intent on leaving through her mouth while she slept. He was, however, crushed by the obsidian teeth in her vagina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
foiled again