Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

tbp posted:

prediction:

ippo goes to jail, and the coach slips him lessons about the basics of boxing periodically which ippo practice. btw everyone forgets hes the former #5 in the world or whatever. ippo becomes rowdy and starts trying to break out of jail, and also becomes roughly ten years younger, and a different boxer who is in jail stops him, starting a rivalry between the two which is settled outside the prison in a magnificent bout

lol yessss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the panels of taihei seeing it coming and being unable to do anything is phenomenal

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I ruined the page for myself by re-noticing that Morikawa can't draw ears and now they're all I can look at.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Lmao

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

:allears:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Court_of_the_Crimson_King

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Found more, not embedding, up to you if you want to get spoiled on raws:

https://imgur.com/a/MxWTlLi

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Found more, not embedding, up to you if you want to get spoiled on raws:

https://imgur.com/a/MxWTlLi

hahhahaha hey ippo heard you smacked the poo poo outta some kid, here's some gyoza, on the house

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey I just realized something. Ippo did not use Boxing to teach him a lesson, because he slapped him.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the translated spoilers suggest ippo will turn himself in btw.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

My interest is suddenly extememly piqued by this development. This poo poo really is like baki art with the face of the dude mauled by Ippos open palm face punch. Just needs more muscles and veins.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Guess going Haha I tricked you into teaching me some boxing, now watch while I bully some guys, I know you're too nice to do anything to stop me" isn't the smartest thing to do against the former featherweight boxing champion of japan

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 14, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The Featherweight champ who is at least as strong as the current Middleweight champion, if the arm-wrestling competition was any indication.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Ippo just batton passed his brain injury to Tahei

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
maybe now Ippo will finally gently caress and this manga will truly become like Baki

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Adnor posted:

lmao

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
If this specific scene had an anime adaptation, what do you imagine it would sound like?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo I’m glad I spoiled myself. Ippos balls grew 3 sizes that day when he slapped the poo poo out of that bully.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
a roaring jet engine followed by a guillotine being dropped

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

If this specific scene had an anime adaptation, what do you imagine it would sound like?

im not sure but i really wanna see it cuz the anime's usage of sound is incredibly good

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Supersonic Shine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTpcgs8jDQw

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

I don't know but I do know it's get an insert song

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Supersonic Shine posted:

I would go for a sonic boom myself, to keep in theme.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntCbA4aorNo&t=8s
This was the most acceptable way to allow Ippo be monstrously violent without having murdered a child

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I was waiting for someone to post the spoilers. Good on you George for making a surprisingly compelling story.

My guess is either Taihei doesn't snitch or his oldest brother tells him not to snitch so Ippo doesn't go to prison.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 15, 2018

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
There was the Dempsey roll since the beginning, right? (Recent, relevant raw reveal) Who's known for earth shattering slaps? That one should be named after whoever that is.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

deepshock posted:

There was the Dempsey roll since the beginning, right? (Recent, relevant raw reveal) Who's known for earth shattering slaps? That one should be named after whoever that is.

Ike Turner?

I'm sorry

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

deepshock posted:

Inoki.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Adnor posted:

I'm loving dying lmao

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
poo poo, is it bad that I want to see this animated? What's the holdup on new Ippo anime?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

SwissArmyDruid posted:

poo poo, is it bad that I want to see this animated? What's the holdup on new Ippo anime?

Nobody wants to try and animate the Woli fight. :v:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

i think the other series were popular, but not like, tremendously so. and they've hit the end of the consistently very good ippo material, anything they adapt would be in the shaky territory now. so i doubt anyone wants to touch it

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

also a season comes out once every 5-30 years anyway

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 1243 is out.
Rip Taihei, but for real this time

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 1243 is out.
The sight of Ippo's hand unfurling into an open palm just makes what comes next that much better.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with that. I doubt the "turning himself in" is going to go anywhere though

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 1243 is out.

"Hey you kid, make sure this dumbass doesn't die in his sleep, we're loving outta here!"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I like how Ippo's former bully knows more about how to diagnose a concussion than Kamogawa and the other seconds at the gym

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was beautiful. Jesus that was even more brutal than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

baton pass indeed