Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

dordreff posted:

gently caress Guns

Thought this was social commentary before realizing it was an alternate Stand name suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Tunicate posted:

He deflated both ships before stuffing one into the other, so the outer ship covered the inner ship like paint.

How did he get the outer ship off the inner ship when it was sinking?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He reinflated it and the two ships couldn't occupy the same space so they were pushed away from eachother.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Tetracube posted:

goddammit I have to photoshop this now once the episode comes out and everyone is gonna hate me for it

Didn't someone post a Photoshop of Polpo as Gru?

We must combine these images.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

This was weeks ago but why the gently caress did Polpo eat his fingers? I figured this would be resolved at some point.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

IDONTPOST posted:

This was weeks ago but why the gently caress did Polpo eat his fingers? I figured this would be resolved at some point.

Hongry

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

IDONTPOST posted:

Sleight of hand

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

IDONTPOST posted:

It might be a reference to Black Sabbath’s guitarist Tony Iommi losing the tips of his fingers in a industrial accident.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RatHat posted:

It might be a reference to Black Sabbath’s guitarist Tony Iommi losing the tips of his fingers in a industrial accident.
after learning about it and being a Professional JoJo Expert, I think it's almost certainly this

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CJ posted:

How did he get the outer ship off the inner ship when it was sinking?

He needs to have a hole in something to deflate it, so when he started reinflating the outer ship the inner ship got pushed out the hole.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it just works

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yeah you should probably get used to this phrase in this part.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
its actually really easy to convince somebody to eat their own fingers in Jojo. Happens all the time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Sax Pastels

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

RatHat posted:

poo poo that makes a lot of sense, I figured it would be something stand related but it wasn’t.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well if you want an in-universe answer, it could be how Polpo activates his stand since the lighter appears right afterwards.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The explanation is fingee tasty

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Who among us has not mistakenly shoved their entire hand into their mouth instead of the bushel of carrots lying nearby

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Polpo thought he was eating chicken fingers. Common mistake, really.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's just a distraction from the real magic trick which is polpo activating his stand via a method we will never see.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Stairmaster posted:

It's just a distraction from the real magic trick which is polpo activating his stand via a method we will never see.

You could probably count the number of characters who have to purposely activate their stand on one hand.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s a limitation for his ability to make it stronger

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

e: No spoilers please :colbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 14, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I know it's under spoilers and all but spoiling one of the best moments of Part 5 is a bit...

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Manga thread is -----> that way
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ive been watching this series since the phantom blood adaptation, and its taken a few weeks to grow on me, but i think fighting gold is my favorite of all the JoJo OPs. something about it just seems to perfectly capture the mood and attitude of this part in a way that really resonates.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to borrow dogsicle's OP from the Slime anime thread, just with a few minor alterations. Hopefully no one minds too much.

dogsicle posted:

:siren:Spoiler Policy:siren:
Don't post untagged manga spoilers, and preferably just don't post that stuff at all until it comes up in the show. Anything in the current episode is a-ok to be untagged, even if you're coming here fresh off viewing it. The airtime is provided below so assume any posts after that point could have spoilers/"spoilers" for the new episode.

Don't want to stifle conversation/discussion, especially with such a well-done anime adaptation overall so far, but this has come as a point of contention for a lot of goons who are anime-only watchers. If you wish to discuss stuff that hasn't happened yet, the manga thread has got you covered. I know the majority of goons just dig Araki's opus too much, which is cool, but please. Do it for your fellow goons. ;)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please for the love of god spend half a second to look at the title of the thread before you barge in to post

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Narancia and Fugo scene where we clearly establish some of yall know not to post spoilers and then you turn on your heel to proudly and illogically post spoilers so we stab you with a fork

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Last night I dreamt that it was Friday and I kept watching that scene over and over and over again and friends

It was glorious

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

The Narancia and Fugo scene where we clearly establish some of yall know not to post spoilers and then you turn on your heel to proudly and illogically post spoilers so we stab you with a fork

If I had any kind of Photoshop skill, I'd edit that picture so Narancia's math problem became a blur with a "Manga Spoilers" tag on it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Also put "6-hour probation" on the fork. e: here's the low effort content that everyone a couple people asked for:

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 14, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If I had any kind of Photoshop skill, I'd edit that picture so Narancia's math problem became a blur with a "Manga Spoilers" tag on it.
I checked this thread over breakfast and i truly wondered if I had enough time to futz around in Paint to make my vision before I had to leave

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Also put "6-hour probation" on the fork. e: here's the low effort content that everyone a couple people asked for:

Yes, good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

sirtommygunn posted:

lol adding to OP

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Freek'n You came on the radio station I was listening to.

God what a perfect song for a JoJo ending.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wake up feelin' so hooooorny

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
even those 'cant wait for X! you guys will love when the next part happens!' poo poo feels like annoying rear end spoilers to me and im a drat manga reader myself

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

this is the first jojos i've been extremely confused as to what each stand does, if it continues like this im very excited because that's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

drjuggalo posted:

even those 'cant wait for X! you guys will love when the next part happens!' poo poo feels like annoying rear end spoilers to me and im a drat manga reader myself
I agree! That's why I told people not to do it in the OP!

Expect My Mom posted:

Just a general spoiler rule: This is the anime thread, so presumably, a good amount of the folks here haven't read this arc, so please don't post manga spoilers or allude to things coming up