Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

communism bitch posted:

I just skived off work early because I got in at 8am. On my way to the train station I get offered a big issue. I respond (truthfully) that I'm sorry but I have no cash, and the seller responded with a roll of her eyes and called me what I can only presume to be a oval office in a language I don't know.
Thing is I'm now sat at the station waiting for my train and I know that in about 10 minutes this woman will come and get the same train as me to the same destination 40-odd miles away, because I see her do this 2 or 3 times a month.
I don't buy into bullshit about beggars living lives of luxury off handouts from a gullible but well-meaning public, but I gotta wonder why she's presumably spending 15 quid a throw to sell the big issue in a town 40 miles away from where she lives.

This is one of the seven Tory origin stories you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1062723076209721344

the prove me wrong meme

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

This is one of the seven Tory origin stories you know

gently caress!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

communism bitch posted:

gently caress!

Quick! Look in the mirror! Has your hairline started to recede and do you still have a chin?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ober stands legs apart in front of the mirror so that he can still keep an eye on the chilli con carne on the aga.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
The Big Issue apparently subsidises rail cards in some circumstances

it is absolutely in the hand-up-not-hand-out school of thought though

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In the manner of the puppeteer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

jBrereton posted:

The people of Peterhead voted for 350 million fish per week, how dare remoaners stab them in the back.

Peterhead isn't in Ross Thomson's constituency. I know this because he's my MP - in fact, his office is in my line of sight as I write. He's got his tongue so far up Mogg's arse that he also serves as a food taster.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Looking at his record and official photo, 'peterhead' may be a euphemism for him as a person.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

seems a bit weird to start assuming stuff about Big Issue sellers based on what public transport you see them on tbh.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/mrchrisaddison/status/1062748001309990912

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Looks like the cabinet has been delayed. Perhaps Tess has locked herself in the toilet for a good cry, and she won't come out until everyone agrees with her.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Quick! Look in the mirror! Has your hairline started to recede
Yes :qq:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Is your complexion getting ruddy?
How do you feel about nuclear weapons.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
There's no cure for the gammon bald. I'm so sorry.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm so sorry

Make yourself as comfortable as possible
then get in the sea

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Seriously it's getting bad lads. I'm going to have to shave my head fairly soon. I used to have a thick luxurious mane and now it's retreating back up my skull.
I feel a strange and growing urge to buy the Telegraph.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Grow a beard and save yourself before you become a thumb.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Trickjaw posted:

Looks like the cabinet has been delayed. Perhaps Tess has locked herself in the toilet for a good cry, and she won't come out until everyone agrees with her.

The EU27 have wrapped up their meeting on the deal so we might get leaks on the content from that side before we even see the PM

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Fans posted:

Do a Lenin. There's still time!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Fans posted:

This, go Full Lenin

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

communism bitch posted:

Seriously it's getting bad lads. I'm going to have to shave my head fairly soon. I used to have a thick luxurious mane and now it's retreating back up my skull.
I feel a strange and growing urge to buy the Telegraph.

Skinhead ain't just for fash, it's for antifa too. Embrace your new hard nut self

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

There's no cure for the gammon bald. I'm so sorry.

Alopecia Curavimus Porci?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Barry Foster posted:

Skinhead ain't just for fash, it's for antifa too. Embrace your new hard nut self

This also requires some lifting of weights. Do it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Meeting people younger than yourself with worse hairlines is one of life's little pleasures.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

communism bitch posted:

I used to have a thick luxurious mane

Interesting...

e: ^^^ Yeah, I don't know where they got "Having thick luscious hair, both boys and girls" from, I always associate Young Tories with premature balding.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Interesting...

ober becoming less Tory is quite a prospect

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Is the general election clock at 1 minute to midnight yet.

Some poo poo on PM just now about May not using a podium for her speech because if she doesn't have a seal of the government in front of her she can call an election

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

*spins the wheel of pure idiocy*

NO DEAL!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Finally, a red white and blue, jobs first brexit which we can all believe in

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I just loving despise the smug look on every Tory face more than anything. It actually makes me think violent thoughts.

"Lol we're gonna have your cake, then eat it, then set fire to the cardboard it was resting on and set alight your future."

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Also if May announces this all outside of parliament to the press, isn't that against ministerial code? It's a pretty loving massive bit of law that needs to be discussed without the press knowing first..

... Then again this is the Tories, proprietors of underhanded bullshit.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Diet Crack posted:

Also if May announces this all outside of parliament to the press, isn't that against ministerial code? It's a pretty loving massive bit of law that needs to be discussed without the press knowing first..

Hellworld my man, people just do whatever they want now and let the chips fall as they may. Most of the time everyone goes along with it, so why wouldn't they?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Tories are all such loving cowards, just loving quit already.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Hellworld my man, people just do whatever they want now and let the chips fall as they may. Most of the time everyone goes along with it, so why wouldn't they?

It's a prime opportunity to be like "yknow what, you hosed up, GENERAL ELECTION"

I also like how Rabb will make his voice heard, then loving quit politics. Just as big a loving knob as Farage.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Diet Crack posted:

It's a prime opportunity to be like "yknow what, you hosed up, GENERAL ELECTION"

I also like how Rabb will make his voice heard, then loving quit politics. Just as big a loving knob as Farage.

Raab's supposed to bugger off to Brussels tonight as the conquering hero.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Trickjaw posted:

Raab's supposed to bugger off to Brussels tonight as the conquering hero.

Or he's not..

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pesmerga posted:

This also requires some lifting of weights. Do it.

A vision of his future

(hopefully without the lovely relationships stuff)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Just overheard the following in an estate agents I was doing some work in:

"All this poo poo about no deal or this deal or that deal or a good brexit has just cost our *OTHER* office £140,000 in fees. Still, I think we should crash out without a deal, we'll all be a lot better off in the long run, just no-one would buy a house for two years"
"So you're advocating for something which will lose you your job?"
"Yes. Anyway, I'm now off to my second home to prepare it for the winter"

I didn't know whether to laugh or lamp the fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1062763927594000384

Expert management of the news cycle there