Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How could you forget the most recent and dumbest Lombardi take off all, which took like, all of six months to be proven completely wrong.

quote:

My beloved 76ers once hired a guy by the name of Roy Rubin from Long Island University. Poor Roy. He finished 4-47 before the Sixers canned him. 4-47! Years later, Fred Carter said ‘Letting Rubin coach was like letting a teenager run a big corporation.’

Hey Fred, meet the Eagles’ head coach, Doug Pederson! Now, everybody knows Pederson isn’t a head coach. He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL.

Pederson was barely a coordinator before he became head coach. Can you imagined if we elected a United States president who didn’t have any real training? Sorry, don’t answer that.

Look, the Eagles looked increasingly sloppy and unprepared as the 2016 season limped along. That ain’t changing in ’17.

Only Carson Wentz can save Pederson’s job, and Wentz actually got worse during his rookie year, not better.

When will the Eagles admit their mistake? Will they throw away 2017 by stubbornly sticking to the Pederson Principle?

The immortal Roy Rubin lasted 51 games. I bet Doug Pederson lasts way less than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Cash Monet posted:

I feel like "culture building" taking priority over "knowing what the gently caress you're doing" can explain a good chunk of failed coaching hires and careers.

Listen the Rams need to be a lot more like Amazon and furthermore

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Keep in mind this isn't even the take he had to apologize for. He called Doug Pederson 'less qualified to coach a team than anyone I've ever seen,' right before Pederson won the Eagles (the Eagles!) a super bowl. With a backup quarterback. Against Bill Belichick.

The only good one year firing Jimmy Haslem has ever made was getting rid of Lombardi. Which is immediately canceled out by ever hiring him in the first place.

e: oh there's a new page. Yeah Christ, Lombardi is amazing in all the wrong ways.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Saints would be 2 for 2 in SB appearances like the Ravens, and that's the lemon dude from Adventure Time screaming "unacceptable!" while looking at an infinite mirror recursion

lmao what an image. in my head canon Kawalimus is now the Earl of Lemongrab

gotta say that is spot on

waah posted:

This bit?

yikes

He's also just a type of loud, irritating reactionary rear end in a top hat that we don't need any more of in football journalism. Listening to his podcast you'll be subjected to a stream of self-important nonsense and cliches. The funniest thing is how seriously he takes himself, though. There's a pretty good joke there if your taste in humor extends to such things

Play fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 14, 2018

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Surprising stat that I just discovered: the Packers lead the league in sacks (tied with a couple other teams). Pettine is the truth and the light.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Surprising stat that I just discovered: the Packers lead the league in sacks (tied with a couple other teams). Pettine is the truth and the light.

Have they played the Lions twice already?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Their blitzes have been really effective. That's why you have good team stats but no single player is dominating the sack count

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Have they played the Lions twice already?

Nope! And that was the game that Crosby single-leggedly lost

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Someone made a Nathan Peterman tribute video. Is it dusty in here or is it just me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loQSOoEFW3Q

:rip: Peter Man.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1062790988568162306

Necromancy is an unholy abomination and an affront to God Himself.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Waroduce posted:

I have a 10 hour and 17 hour flight coming up and I need books and podcasts to distract me does anyone know any good football books? I'd take sports books in general too....

I've read and enjoyed Brining the Heat, smart Football, 3 bricks shy of a load, Gunslinger, the Charles haley book, take your eye off the ball.

I also read Meat Market, the parcels bio, war room, patriot way, Next man up, wade Phillip's bio and bum Phillip's bio and the saban bio.

Pls help and post more.

I really like Stretch the Cornfield about Hal Mumme, Mike Leach and the Air Raid.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1062790988568162306

Necromancy is an unholy abomination and an affront to God Himself.

Sometimes.....sometimes dead is better.....

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't believe the NFL is just going to air the super bowl in place of the remainder of the eagles schedule this year. Very thoughtful, I appreciate it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonz posted:

Sometimes.....sometimes dead is better.....

Ah you've seen Vic Beasley play this season.

Relevant content:

https://twitter.com/austinhyde1/status/1062087878484856833

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Kalli posted:

Ah you've seen Vic Beasley play this season.

Relevant content:

https://twitter.com/austinhyde1/status/1062087878484856833

Isn't Beasley a super one dimensional pass rusher who's only really had one good season? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Durandal1707 posted:

Isn't Beasley a super one dimensional pass rusher who's only really had one good season? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

That's him. He's awful and I want him to go away. Man him and Fowler ended up busting pretty badly.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jamilsmith/status/1062537040896479232?s=21

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1062807013141430274

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1062810486331318274

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1062812102140796928

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Durandal1707 posted:

Yeah, in 2016 he was a first team all pro with 16 sacks... this year he has 1 sack and 5 tackles.

And yeah tackles don't tell you very much, but if you're playing most defensive snaps as a DE and you have 5 of them after half a year, you're loving bad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Please send all that poo poo to 1 Jets Drive, Florham Park, NJ.

Thanks.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, in 2016 he was a first team all pro with 16 sacks... this year he has 1 sack and 5 tackles.

And yeah tackles don't tell you very much, but if you're playing most defensive snaps as a DE and you have 5 of them after half a year, you're loving bad.

Seems like the prototypical Pats buy him for a 4th, media proclaims BB a genius move.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^ I mean he'd probably make an ace special teams player! But yeah man, he's looked aggressively worse then either Barkevious Mingo or Shea McClellin at their lowest this year.

SNF Week 13 is now Chargers @ Steelers
SNF Week 14 is now Rams @ Bears

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vic Beasley's rookie season was an endless stream of spin moving the tackle and getting harmlessly pushed upfield.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

weird Asian candy posted:

That's him. He's awful and I want him to go away. Man him and Fowler ended up busting pretty badly.

Yeah I remember the hype way back when, they were like top 8 picks.

Barkevious. :(

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why is the bear a bear and the ram is wearing suit and sunglasses

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The RAM is from L.A.

So you see....

the bear is clearly just shirtless.

...possibly pantless. He's going on a list.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Why is the bear a bear and the ram is wearing suit and sunglasses

Because it's cooler go Rams

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i just got an alert that says Adam Thielen is questionable now. there goes my fantasy week

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
That Ram is cool as hell

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The ram has cool sunglasses, but the bear's a bear. I just can't choose!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Mega64 posted:

The ram has cool sunglasses, but the bear's a bear. I just can't choose!

That Ram would probably get drunk and gamble with you and supply you with a ton of blow and the bear would not the choice is clear

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

poo poo, I just bought a new av

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That bear is constipated.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

That just makes him angrier. Do you want to mess with a constipated bear? I do not.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Vic Beasley's rookie season was an endless stream of spin moving the tackle and getting harmlessly pushed upfield.

I can't find it but 2016 week 1 against Tampa he came out of his stance when the ball was snapped, the olinemen stood up and retreated to get in pass pro, Vic spun against air because the olinemen didn't even touch him and he fell down. It was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen and I'm bummed I can't find it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Take out the spin move and you have Bud Dupree’s career

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Silly Burrito posted:

And just like the Bears he's gonna poo poo all over the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Shouldn't the Bear have the sunglasses?