Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

spog posted:

Maybe someone wants to hit on you and this is their move?

E: are scrubs gendered? Cause the look equally unflattering and gender-neutral to me.

Generic scrubs are gender-neutral, but there are more attractive options available to people who feel the need to blow some cash to look good at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I’m utterly stuck in traffic but there’s a Dacia Duster with the war boys emblem front and back and a bull bar wrapped in exhaust wrap, so it’s all good.

Edit: I’ll try to position myself so I can throw him the V8 salute.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think my coworker has a thing for me, considering that he kissed me while we were having a smoke break

I've never been the straightest arrow, but I've never been actually excited by a guy before :gay:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Ooh, idea, someone good at graphics mash up the warboys and John player special logos.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

I think my coworker has a thing for me, considering that he kissed me

This is usually a pretty good indicator

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Grakkus posted:

Don’t get too carried away, he may have just slipped and fallen into the kiss

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Generic scrubs are gender-neutral, but there are more attractive options available to people who feel the need to blow some cash to look good at work.

What, like wider labels or shoulder pads?

Or flame patterns? It's flame patterns, isn't it?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Grakkus posted:

I'm not good at social cues

spog
Aug 7, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

I think my coworker has a thing for me, considering that he kissed me while we were having a smoke break

Don't get too flattered: he might just have been so desperate for a nicotine fix that he was trying to suck the smoke out of your lungs.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Elmnt80 posted:

I got bill collectors to stop for a solid month after I started hitting on the guy calling me with the most stereotypical flaming gay voice I could muster. The discomfort in the guys voice as he tried to go through his script as I tried to get him to tell me what he was wearing was absolutely palpable. They stopped again for a couple weeks again after I answered and acted like a pissed off redneck about to beat his wife for her talking to another man. Its been the same indian dude calling for that debt for the last 7 years. I sincerely hope my number comes up and he just sighs before dialing the number.

I have one particular number that keeps calling which I have started treating like I was appealing to a cricket umpire. Answer phone, engage in a drawn out single tone scream for as long as I care to, then hang up.

'Hello, we're calling to offer you a vaca...' 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH' '...tion packag?' 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH*click*'

It's cathartic.

spog posted:

Don't get too flattered: he might just have been so desperate for a nicotine fix that he was trying to suck the smoke out of your lungs.

Given the price of smokes? Plausible.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

spog posted:

What, like wider labels or shoulder pads?

Or flame patterns? It's flame patterns, isn't it?

People literally buy scrubs designed for Grey's Anatomy because they fit and look better. Figs also seems to be popular. (Personally, I'm a Fashion Seal guy. No-frills, usual crap style, but they last and the sizing is consistent.)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

tetrapyloctomy posted:

People literally buy scrubs designed for Grey's Anatomy because they fit and look better. Figs also seems to be popular. (Personally, I'm a Fashion Seal guy. No-frills, usual crap style, but they last and the sizing is consistent.)

Which one is you?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Comfort I can understand, but why try and go for style/fashion choices in something that's just going to end up with miscellaneous bodily fluids on it?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Comfort I can understand, but why try and go for style/fashion choices in something that's just going to end up with miscellaneous bodily fluids on it?

Never been to a nightclub I see...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

cakesmith handyman posted:

Never been to a nightclub I see...

Alcoholic fluids yes, bodily fluids? What kinda clubs do yooooooooou go to? :pervert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Alcoholic fluids yes, bodily fluids? What kinda clubs do yooooooooou go to? :pervert:

Well if you are wearing scrubs, probably Pulse Nightclub.

Too dark?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/102-long-distance-parts-1-2#episode-player

If you enjoy loving around with telephone scammers, you need to listen to this episode of Reply All.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Well if you are wearing scrubs, probably Pulse Nightclub.

Too dark?

A little, yes. :/

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

spog posted:

Which one is you?

Tsk tsk. I'm clearly from another show.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

InitialDave posted:

That just put an image in my head of a hospital filled with doctors wearing gimp suits and other assorted leather garments

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Personally I picture tetra as Mark Greene, from the original cast of ER.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

freelop posted:

That just put an image in my head of a hospital filled with doctors wearing gimp suits and other assorted leather garments

Skintight vinyl would be easy to keep clean...

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

angryrobots posted:

Personally I picture tetra as Mark Greene, from the original cast of ER.
He's way too tall and way too bald. I am merely Nondescript Emergency Physician #3.

There are scrubs that are designed to be antibacterial and impervious to bodily fluids, but it's generally not an issue. That's why we have gowns available. Besides, most things are less bloody than you'd think -- after all, they may have kindly left most of it outside for us.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Scrubs was IS the best. Do you wear crocs though?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Scrubs was IS the best. Do you wear crocs though?

I need to binge through Scrubs again, it's been too long. That show is so loving good.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

tetrapyloctomy posted:

...Besides, most things are less bloody than you'd think -- after all, they may have kindly left most of it outside for us.

Not buying it, I watched House. There’s always blood... always.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, we might have just gotten a pallet of laminate vinyl tile flooring for free from my wife's company.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, we might have just gotten a pallet of laminate vinyl tile flooring for free from my wife's company.

I have vinyl tile in my garage, it is awesome and way more durable that I ever imagined. Cleaning and squeegeeing is super easy. Make that garage floor look spiffy.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
ALL OF MY PROFS HAVE HAD THEIR HAIR DONE AND THERE ARE WHITE TABLE CLOTHS AND GIFT BAGS AND I'M WEARING SCRUBS AND SOCKS WITH TURKEYS ON THEM.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Time for some fake confidence, friends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McTinkerson posted:

I have vinyl tile in my garage, it is awesome and way more durable that I ever imagined. Cleaning and squeegeeing is super easy. Make that garage floor look spiffy.

It's fairly nice stuff too. They were going to update existing units with it and have decided to go in another direction and they were just going to donate it/throw it away.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Queen Combat posted:

ALL OF MY PROFS HAVE HAD THEIR HAIR DONE AND THERE ARE WHITE TABLE CLOTHS AND GIFT BAGS AND I'M WEARING SCRUBS AND SOCKS WITH TURKEYS ON THEM.

You're the only one that looks like a goddamn professional.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Queen Combat posted:

Own them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those socks sound rad.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Queen Combat posted:

Well, I guess they'll know who's a student. Hopefully that swag bag is full of some real goodies

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

He wears a mask, and his face grows to fit it. -- Orwell

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

Gonna need pics of turkey socks asap, tia.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

spog posted:

Which one is you?

I'm the hunchback in the smurf blues getting fist pumped in the groin.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Had a tooth pulled today.
That's another AI:SS present sorted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

freelop posted:

Had a tooth pulled today.