Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

My running theory on why GURM hasn't finished Winds is his billion year old computer that runs Wordstar must have finally died.

This ain't Warren Ellis we're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GURM has spoken many a time about how he refuses to write on anything else lmbo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way his agent hasn't drugged his tea and made backups of his entire hard drive.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

GURM would probably do a reboot with the same characters before finishing GOT. He's going to wait to see the reception for the show finale and then start all over.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I heard GURM printed out one copy of Winds of Winter, destroyed the original electronic file, shredded the printed copy, then poured spaghetti sauce on it and ate it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Rhyno posted:

There's no way his agent hasn't drugged his tea and made backups of his entire hard drive.

dong won don’t give a gently caress what GRRM does, these days

esperterra posted:

GURM has spoken many a time about how he refuses to write on anything else lmbo

Yeah, this is unironically true. Also, for anyone eagerly awaiting him to keep writing GoT, you probably don’t want to hear about the >10k words worth of notes he just sent my friend re: Wildcards.
:laugh:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Finally watched the new 12 oz Mouse last night. It's fantastic even though Reed can't quite do Shark's voice right anymore. Roostre, Eye and Rectangular Businessman were on point. Seth Green did okay as the new (temporary) voice of Fitz. The lore was good.

Edit: peanut cop was better than ever. I hope it wasn't a one off and they do more

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
finally watching Ash Vs Evil Dead and the first season was great, but the second season so far is amazing. The second episode in particular is just about perfect. The entire morgue scene, amazing, oh my gosh.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ash vs. Evil Dead was an amazing show with one of the best series finales i've ever seen. Just a fantastic piece of work from top to bottom.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

precision posted:

Finally watched the new 12 oz Mouse last night. It's fantastic even though Reed can't quite do Shark's voice right anymore. Roostre, Eye and Rectangular Businessman were on point. Seth Green did okay as the new (temporary) voice of Fitz. The lore was good.

Edit: peanut cop was better than ever. I hope it wasn't a one off and they do more

12 oz Mouse definitely scratches the itch for ATHF, aka the Greatest Thing Of Anything Ever. Though I do end up watching some ATHF every night anyway much to wifey's chagrin.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Walrus posted:

finally watching Ash Vs Evil Dead and the first season was great, but the second season so far is amazing. The second episode in particular is just about perfect. The entire morgue scene, amazing, oh my gosh.

I really miss this show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think there are probably like 5 entire seasons of ATHF that I never bothered to watch, but I still go back to the first couple seasons every now and then. Ignignot and Ur still make me laugh until I can't breathe.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
l'm also loving the move to a small town, I hope it persists through the whole season. I want Ash-as-Dale Cooper

also good to hear it stays good, I'd heard something about somebody or another leaving before the last season and some concern the tone would change

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 14, 2018

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, this is unironically true. Also, for anyone eagerly awaiting him to keep writing GoT, you probably don’t want to hear about the >10k words worth of notes he just sent my friend re: Wildcards.
:laugh:

I sure as hell do.

Boy I can't wait for the Wildcards tv show. I sure hope they do that guy that rapes corpses to get mana! That's the kind of quality you expect from George ARE ARE Martin.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bosch must be killing it because they just renewed it for S6 and five hasn't even premiered yet

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The Walrus posted:

l'm also loving the move to a small town, I hope it persists through the whole season. I want Ash-as-Dale Cooper

It stays in the town to the very end of the series. But don't take that as a negative.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

precision posted:

I think there are probably like 5 entire seasons of ATHF that I never bothered to watch, but I still go back to the first couple seasons every now and then. Ignignot and Ur still make me laugh until I can't breathe.

Gotta get those seasons watched, my dude. I've seen every episode multiple times and I still find something new to laugh at more often than not. But I guess watching it sober sometimes and very NOT sober other times will lead to discovering things you missed. My wife is like this with Squidbillies. Kinda like a good album that you've listened to a billion times but you keep finding something new in the phrasing or whatever. I'm probably preaching to the precision choir here, but you know what I mean I'm sure.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 14, 2018

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The Good Cop has been cancelled by Netflix disappointing two fans everywhere.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

Bosch must be killing it because they just renewed it for S6 and five hasn't even premiered yet

gently caress yes, this makes me so happy. Did they announce a date for 5?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

pahuyuth posted:

Gotta get those seasons watched, my dude. I've seen every episode multiple times and I still find something new to laugh at more often than not. But I guess watching it sober sometimes and very NOT sober other times will lead to discovering things you missed. My wife is like this with Squidbillies. Kinda like a good album that you've listened to a billion times but you keep finding something new in the phrasing or whatever. I'm probably preaching to the precision choir here, but you know what I mean I'm sure.

Squidbillies was so goddamn brilliant

Clowny daggers y'all!

I got to see Unknown Hinson in a tiny bar about 10 years ago and he is great live

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

precision posted:

Clowny daggers y'all!

I got to see Unknown Hinson in a tiny bar about 10 years ago and he is great live

What do you mean was? Season 12 comes out next year!

"Google 'muddin, and what for do we do it'"

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

precision posted:

Clowny daggers y'all!

Seriously though Squidbillies might be the best of adultswim and I say that as a gross R&M fanboy...

bull3964 posted:

What do you mean was? Season 12 comes out next year!

"Google 'muddin, and what for do we do it'"

:aaaaa::hf::aaaaa:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

"Ain't nuthin gonna stop me now but my innate inabilitree to progress cognatious thunk."

Early is so quotable.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Bosch is a show that I only ever watched the pilot of way back when it wasn't fully picked up. I liked it and I've been meaning to get into it but I get easily distracted. I also never finished Patriot season one.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bentacos posted:

Bosch is a show that I only ever watched the pilot of way back when it wasn't fully picked up. I liked it and I've been meaning to get into it but I get easily distracted. I also never finished Patriot season one.

I can't speak to Patriot (I'll watch it eventually) but if you like detective shows and breathtaking cinematography Bosch is absolutely worth watching. Man, even the opening credits are great, I haven't skipped past them once.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

DivisionPost posted:

The Good Cop has been cancelled by Netflix disappointing two fans everywhere.

I watched an episode, but I had no idea that was a Netflix show. I thought it was just another lovely show from basic cable that they bought the rights to.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

asecondduck posted:

I can't speak to Patriot (I'll watch it eventually) but if you like detective shows and breathtaking cinematography Bosch is absolutely worth watching. Man, even the opening credits are great, I haven't skipped past them once.

Bosch is really hard to recommend to people because if you try to describe it, the whole thing sounds like a generic cop show. The execution is flawless, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Modern LA noire, political corruption, the shady past, the blurred lines between right and wrong, jazz

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My understanding of Bosch is that it is a generic detective show in pretty much every way but is of a high enough quality that that doesn’t really matter. How accurate is that?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

My understanding of Bosch is that it is a generic detective show in pretty much every way but is of a high enough quality that that doesn’t really matter. How accurate is that?

One hundred percent.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Generic detective shows can be great, I guess i should watch Bosch

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's a little bit McNulty... He gets his own way, and he's good police.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hakkesshu posted:

Always Sunny also

Eh, Season 5 was probably it's best. Season 6 is so close that it's tough to call.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
Anyone here watch Patriot's second season? Any good?

Don't have much free time for TV watching but I liked season one.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

Anyone here watch Patriot's second season? Any good?

Don't have much free time for TV watching but I liked season one.

It's great. It's kind of more silly but it's still the same brilliant show

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s darker and sillier and more intense and has less time for diversions but I think after a few days to think about it I liked it just as much as 1

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah, it's just as good and the greater density of silly/dark/plot is an expected thing considering how season 1 ended. Season 2 had to be more intense and urgent.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

bull3964 posted:

"Ain't nuthin gonna stop me now but my innate inabilitree to progress cognatious thunk."

Early is so quotable.

Jibbery style oinkery what make no sense at all.

Larry Munson as the voice of God was just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just finished Season 2 of Patriot. It's double great, and I truly hope they make a third season.