Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Oh really? Dang. I was too impatient. Which is my problem in most games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Quote-Unquote posted:

Edited my previous post with spoilers if you want to know what happens

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Astro Bot Rescue Mission is basically flawless - and aside from all the cool VR stuff it has an absolutely incredible soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxO7b25HxKM

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Edited my previous post with spoilers if you want to know what happens

Hah, sounds hilarious. But I'm still satisfied with taking out the trash myself.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

Your never too impatient to gun down klansmen.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also I never knew I needed an interactive drinking montage before in my life before Red Dead.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

Also I never knew I needed an interactive drinking montage before in my life before Red Dead.

didn't play kingdom come, eh

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

TontoCorazon posted:

It was great, but Witcher 3 still has it beat.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

It was great, but Witcher 3 still has it beat.

There is nothing funny about Geralt finally finding that one dress that fits him so well.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

boar guy posted:

didn't play kingdom come, eh

Enlighten me

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

Enlighten me

(spoilers obviously) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N09QQkAc6XI

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TontoCorazon posted:

?ynneL

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

this was the best thing. :allears:

also when i see klan rallies, the dynamite comes out

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gav......GAVIN?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

I've been playing Yakuza Kiwami because it was free on PS Plus this month and I gotta say, I expected "quirky Japanese Grand Theft Auto." Instead I got hilarious, overblown melodrama mixed with insanity. Last night I spent an hour and a half racing small electric cars with children. And then I went to the karaoke bar, but stopped to turn some guys harassing a woman into paste.

:allears: Kiryu Kiwami is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
Yakuza games are JRPGs with punching instead of battle menus.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

And bitchin' karaoke videos.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Theres another, but you’re pouring the drinks for other people while pretending you’re an idiot, in the old timey way

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

RoboRodent posted:

Kiryu Kiwami
...ahem...

His name is Judgment Kazzy.

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So the hoopla around the Detective Pikachu movie reminded me that I bought that game and never finished it. It's an all right point-and-press-a adventure game, but it's got some fun little things in it.
For example, throughout the game when Pikachu has something important to say he'll yell at you to get your attention. "Hey Tim, TIM!!"

But if you're indoors surrounded by people, he'll try to get your attention without yelling, and the voice actor will softly call out to you.

Another is that unlike the flagship titles, most of the NPC characters in the game don't know poo poo about most pokemon, except the ones that usually are in their immediate vicinity. Which is good, it's kind of immersive in that it reminds the player that the flagship titles are mostly about filling in those gaps and cataloguing all Pokemon ever.

Wanted By Weed has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Nov 15, 2018

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I grabbed Metal Gear Survive out of a bargain bin and it is some kind of horrid abomination cobbled together from my least favorite parts of other video games....but somehow it all works together to make something that I'm really enjoying so far. It's seriously like I could point to any one aspect of its mechanics and go on a diatribe about how much I usually hate it but it's way more than the sum of its parts for me. Granted, I'm still very early on, but it's cool.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

Kiryu's answer to everything is to punch or kick it. And it actually does solve every problem.

Unless you're stuck in the bathroom without toilet paper. He is very considerate about that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Destiny 2 is a very mediocre game, but... can I just say how refreshing it is to have a game where across all the models and armor for female characters, there's no cleavage, bare middriffs, or high heels to be seen?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Nice avatar/post combo.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Nice avatar/post combo.

Blame the avatar on goons in the Star Trek Online thread when I suggested that we shouldn't 'ironically' root for the space Nazis.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have never played a Yakuza game or even seen a video of it (I think).

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you run around the city to play minigames and on the way you brutally punch people in the dick.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Inzombiac posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you run around the city to play minigames and on the way you brutally punch people in the dick.

Sometimes you punch other places too.

And stab.

And shoot.

But never kill anyone.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Samuringa posted:

Sometimes you punch other places too.

And stab.

And shoot.

But never kill anyone.

Don't care how many times it's already been posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxklDwvGx0

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Never killed a person in his life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRu_Uu2VjdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ombN-1915yE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIj0hbn0L7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJdvcw_2vBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fro4rfcv5Y

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I like how when the player character in Oxenfree discovers that there are numerous hidden letters scattered across the map that will reveal the real truth of the island, you can moan that it's a chore, say you don't give a poo poo about the 'truth' and basically ignore them without consequence.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Kenshiro, on the other hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap6NK_q0dvs

This will probably get repetitive at some point but drat if I ain't enjoying it.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

I grabbed Metal Gear Survive out of a bargain bin and it is some kind of horrid abomination cobbled together from my least favorite parts of other video games....but somehow it all works together to make something that I'm really enjoying so far. It's seriously like I could point to any one aspect of its mechanics and go on a diatribe about how much I usually hate it but it's way more than the sum of its parts for me. Granted, I'm still very early on, but it's cool.
Metal Gear Survive stays good until the very end actually, which is deeply baffling and strange but how it be.

The new CK2 DLC has made Africa so much more lively, large and viable that it's genuinely awesome to think about how many options you have. But the little thing I love is how the new West African warrior lodge lets you recruit members and make fetishes and masks, then send them to china for mad profits

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Unless you're stuck in the bathroom without toilet paper. He is very considerate about that.
This makes a lot of sense. It doesn't matter if you're in rival gangs or w/e, everyone has to use the bathroom.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

If you get a chance, at least play Yakuza 0 on the PS4. It's not expensive and it's really good, even if you don't play the rest of the series.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Metal Gear Survive stays good until the very end actually, which is deeply baffling and strange but how it be.

The new CK2 DLC has made Africa so much more lively, large and viable that it's genuinely awesome to think about how many options you have. But the little thing I love is how the new West African warrior lodge lets you recruit members and make fetishes and masks, then send them to china for mad profits

Metal Gear Survive got a bad rap because it was a Metal Gear game without Kojima and how dare they do that

From what I played it was absolutely an okay game and during the wave defense bits you can summon metal gears to come in and help you crack skulls

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It got a bad rap cause it followed up MGSV which had a bunch of microtransaction bs and Survive went even further, including requiring you to pay for extra save slots

Also its a zombie survival game in TYOOL 2018. The market is so long dead that it itself is a zombie.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
It's a survival game and probably the most polished of the genre. If someone does enjoy that type of gameplay, it's a must-have. Otherwise, skip.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Gav......GAVIN?

I found him!

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Kind of an odd post for this thread, but I'd like to solicit peoples' favorite game glitches or level design oversights, especially helpful ones. In particular I'm thinking things like:

Got anything like that?

In Pikmin 2 you get an upgrade that lets your characters flop on the ground and take a nap. The main use of this item is that the pikmin will take you back to your ship automatically while you nap. But there is also a pretty generous invincibility window while your character starts to nap, and you can use it to block and completely destroy rolling boulder attacks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaffle posted:

In Pikmin 2 you get an upgrade that lets your characters flop on the ground and take a nap. The main use of this item is that the pikmin will take you back to your ship automatically while you nap. But there is also a pretty generous invincibility window while your character starts to nap, and you can use it to block and completely destroy rolling boulder attacks.

"Ok, just gotta remember my survival training. When you're in the path of a rolling boulder... you play dead!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you get a chance, at least play Yakuza 0 on the PS4. It's not expensive and it's really good, even if you don't play the rest of the series.

There's also a very good PC port now.