Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1062859665200033792?s=21

Sounds like maybe it’s his current girlfriend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Deified Data posted:

Is it really dumb if Wohl succeeds and muddies the waters even temporarily with probably zero legal repercussions

I'm sure the LAPD would appreciate being made to look the fools to a litigation-happy lawyer and not retaliate against someone who broke the law to put them in that position.

That said...who the hell knows what's going on now.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Wohl totally faked a signed affidavit by Avenatti’s wife, didn’t he?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Yinlock posted:

No, i'm just not overestimating the strategic abilities of the democrats

Pelosi gets praised endlessly by the center for passing ACA but she also explicitly prevented a public option, she's still a lovely corporate dem

The public option passed the house. ACA revisionism really needs to stop.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Lote posted:

This would make my day in a way I can't really articulate.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

moulton is my rep. he appeared in the iraq war documentary "no end in sight".

Mine too. He's a dickhead wasp.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lote posted:

I have a huge grin right now. I can just sense Jacob all over this

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Remember somebody child abuse-swatted Shaun King and he got stopped by cold services while his family was trying to take their daughter to a piano recital or something?

Wonder if that was Wohl

I find it really hard to root for Avenatti, but easy to root against Wohl

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kobayashi posted:

It's time to admit Nancy Pelosi is an extraordinarily talented politician.

She's not. She had nothing to do with why Dems won this election.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Subbz posted:

https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/1062859665200033792?s=21

Sounds like maybe it’s his current girlfriend?

Does the “he’s got daughters of his own” defense ever not mean Guilty As gently caress?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

kidkissinger posted:

Mine too. He's a dickhead wasp.

I wouldn't go that far but for someone who has accomplished exactly nothing in Congress he sure talks a big game. His meteoric rise is certainly something considering the MA delegation is filled with people who are far more effective.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Deified Data posted:

Is it really dumb if Wohl succeeds and muddies the waters even temporarily with probably zero legal repercussions

LAPD is not going to let this go if this ends up being a domestic violence version of SWAT'ing a nationally-famous person. If they can prove that the young dumbass did this, they will absolutely go after him.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/emilycrockett/status/1062861832044580865

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1062863878361628672

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rigel posted:

LAPD is not going to let this go if this ends up being a domestic violence version of SWAT'ing a nationally-famous person. If they can prove that the young dumbass did this, they will absolutely go after him.

if someone falsely reported this to police it's def criminal as opposed to being just something you're going to get sued like crazy over

it seems like the simpler answer is that Wohl immediately took credit because he's a loving idiot, and he actually did nothing at all and merely found out that Avenatti was arrested through TMZ like we did

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Mooseontheloose posted:

I wouldn't go that far but for someone who has accomplished exactly nothing in Congress he sure talks a big game. His meteoric rise is certainly something considering the MA delegation is filled with people who are far more effective.

I mean, he's not on board with any progressive causes and his qualifications are that he worked propaganda for the greatest warcrime of our lifetime.

That and him and his friends are drunk assholes towards waitstaff at the bars around here.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Yinlock posted:

Pelosi gets praised endlessly by the center for passing ACA but she also explicitly prevented a public option, she's still a lovely corporate dem

This is completely incorrect.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Levitate posted:

Wasn't all of that crap to get Joe Liberman's vote because he was a complete non starter on basically progressive part of the ACA and they required his vote to get it passed?

No.

Lieberman blocked the Medicare buy-in for 55+

The public option was traded away early by Obama and Baucus
https://extranewsfeed.com/who-really-killed-the-public-option-b4d95cf99b8a

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
If Wohl did this, lol.

However if it's just a mistake that people identified his ex and it actually is an accusation from a different woman he dated, you should be believing the victim.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

kidkissinger posted:

I mean, he's not on board with any progressive causes and his qualifications are that he worked propaganda for the greatest warcrime of our lifetime.

That and him and his friends are drunk assholes towards waitstaff at the bars around here.

Ah the North Shore.

Listen, I would pick anyone else in the MA delegation over him. Except for Lynch.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Mooseontheloose posted:

Ah the North Shore.

Listen, I would pick anyone else in the MA delegation over him. Except for Lynch.

I'd take Tierney back to be quite honest.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

VitalSigns posted:

No.

Lieberman blocked the Medicare buy-in for 55+

The public option was traded away early by Obama and Baucus
https://extranewsfeed.com/who-really-killed-the-public-option-b4d95cf99b8a

You mind finding where in that article it discusses them secretly killing it while publicly supporting it? Because I didn't see that in there, it just reads like a standard Max Baucus didn't like public option and publicly fought against it. WHich is the story that everyone knows, that Lieberman and Baucus fought to kill it once it hit the Senate

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Jaxyon posted:

However if it's just a mistake that people identified his ex and it actually is an accusation from a different woman he dated, you should be believing the victim.

While a conspiracy with wohl at the center would be hilarious and almost expected this is the more likely scenario.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Jaxyon posted:

If Wohl did this, lol.

Jacob Wohl's "thing" right now seems to be a crusade against the "believe all women" battle cry. He already tried to fake one assault with the specific intention of undermining this rule of thumb, and he's publicly claimed credit for this, so its not crazy to begin by assuming there is no victim, until we hear that there actually is one.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
My position is even simpler: I don't give a rat's rear end about Avanetti, so gonna just ignore this and wait for things to settle over the next day or so. Certainly not going to defend him. The Wohl angle is amusing (in a "he's gonna get fuuuuuuucked if true" manner), but there's so much FUD around this there's no point speculating.

TARDISman posted:

Wohl is unbelievably stupid, but I find it hard to believe that he'd pull the same schtick twice in a month, especially with the FBI already glaring at him.
Wohl is an even dumber O'Keefe, who literally does the same thing every "sting" he attempts.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Rigel posted:

Jacob Wohl's "thing" right now seems to be a crusade against the "believe all women" battle cry. He already tried to fake one assault with the specific intention of undermining this rule of thumb, and he's publicly claimed credit for this, so its not crazy to begin by assuming there is no victim, until we hear that there actually is one.

It's also not crazy to assume there is one, if an arrest was made.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Wohl is unbelievably stupid, but I find it hard to believe that he'd pull the same schtick twice in a month, especially with the FBI already glaring at him.

EDIT: Also, yeah, whoever thinks this will damage the Democratic Party is about as stupid as Wohl.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TARDISman posted:

Look at that boy’s twitter post-conference and tell me he’s not stupid enough.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Aw-ficial

https://twitter.com/mattfriedmannj/status/1062862302716796928?s=21

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TARDISman posted:

EDIT: Also, yeah, whoever thinks this will damage the Democratic Party is about as stupid as Wohl.

Wohl did manage to get himself banned by the SEC by age 17. Dude can’t even open an Etrade account.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

You mind finding where in that article it discusses them secretly killing it while publicly supporting it? Because I didn't see that in there, it just reads like a standard Max Baucus didn't like public option and publicly fought against it. WHich is the story that everyone knows, that Lieberman and Baucus fought to kill it once it hit the Senate

I didn't say it was secret, I said it wasn't a betrayal by that dastardly Lieberman, it was what Obama and the Senate leadership wanted

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I will start believing the victim as soon as it’s clear that a victim exists. Most likely this is just exactly what it looked like an hour ago and Avenatti is abusive scum, but we do live in the stupidest timeline so who knows.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1062866645369143296

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
I don't even know what's real anymore. Just descending into the maelström.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

The Glumslinger posted:

willa rogers posted it earlier. just look through her posts

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

by which of course we mean stop remembering that thing that we confirmed happened, in favor of the story we'd prefer to tell about how our friend Obama would never have signed away any hope of it happening

all in the name of getting health insurance companies to defend it from attacks going forwards, that thing they -absolutely- didn't renege on

instantly

at no cost to themselves

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wait, who the hell is this guy?

How is he connected to worst house guest ever?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I read this article and we've already seen all or almost all of these texts previously, from Randy Credico.

The thing here is the source appears to be Stone, because there's some very elaborate quotes from his attorney, so I assume it's just him fighting back in the media against statements Credico has made (and probably lying constantly)

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Roger Stone's response: I don't even know him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

That's a pretty glaring difference, TMZ. The big question is who leaked this to them, I guess. It's not like they would have someone constantly phoning up the cops to see who got arrested that day.