Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

hippieman posted:

To be fair, as far as Heavy Machine Guns go, Dragon's Shadow is probably the 2nd best one you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

Dragon's Shadow is garbage because there will be a better exotic Legendary released in the future probably

Now that's a HOT TAKE (and what you actually needed to say)

xzzy posted:

Dragon's Shadow is a pretty cool quality of life exotic, at least until you get auto load perks in all three slots and then who gives a gently caress.

qbert posted:

It's definitely getting undeserved praise right now just because it's the only Hunter chestpiece that does what it does.

I used to like Auto Holster but I'm a couple degrees removed from it now.

-Both dodge benefits (and fixed to proc Kill Clip with Gambler's)
-+5 Mobility
-Handling on all weapons basically becomes the Crimson Days Brokenheart Buff

It's mega good with 2 Class Ability mods tho I'm considering dropping my Recovery from 9 to 8 for a 3rd mod (which also wouldn't be bad at all with my Ophidia Spathe build).

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

How many mobility to make it feel like I'm not driving a boat though.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

^burtle posted:

Oh, that's not a trait of Mobility. That you get from the heroin that is Traction.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Thunderlord was actually the best Machine Gun in D1, but the problem was that there were exotics in the primary and secondary spot that were more bettar than their alternatives than Thunderlord was better than BTRD or Unending deluge.

*points thunderlord at someone’s dick* Headshot

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

*points nlb at someone’s dick* Headshot

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Now that I've played like five rounds with it I think I can safely say that I loving love luna's and it was absolutely worth the sweat.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

^burtle posted:

Apparently 8 or 9.

Also it's good to be driving a boat.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Now that I've played like five rounds with it I think I can safely say that I loving love luna's and it was absolutely worth the sweat.

I'm super excited to try mine tonight. I wrapped up the quest at 3am and I was loving delirious. I was getting so titled at getting nothing but countdown I ran a 1-10 game. For real.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm super excited to try mine tonight. I wrapped up the quest at 3am and I was loving delirious. I was getting so titled at getting nothing but countdown I ran a 1-10 game. For real.

"Objective? Who cares. Just... Get... That.... Headshot... You. Know. The. Way."

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the one kill i got was a panic blade

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/brfAFEv.gifv

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Energy slot? Oh you mean the Luna's / Telesto / Wavesplitter slot.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Bretomarts Stand my was my fav D1 hmg

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Astrochicken posted:

Energy slot? Oh you mean the Luna's / Telesto / Wavesplitter slot.

Yes / Yes / ???

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Thunderlord has a worse TTK than Lunas/Not Forgotten, the most popular weapon in PvP which is neither heavy or exotic.

Also worse than 3 burst side arms and Wavesplitter and a few other things.

Its sufferers a lot from flinch with no way to mitigate it via armor.

Its hit detection is spotty, probably because "it gets more accurate" as you hold down the trigger.

Its a fun gun. Sure. You could even go on some big sprees with it. But i wouldn't use it in any serious capacity in PvP.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i can't rambo with queenbreaker. the poo poo is wrong with yall?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Thunderlord was actually the best Machine Gun in D1, but the problem was that there were exotics in the primary and secondary spot that were more bettar than their alternatives than Thunderlord was better than BTRD or Unending deluge.

I pretty much just used Jolders hammer for 3 year striaght. That thing was a beast.

Except when the BTRD could 3 taps with aggressive ballistics. That poo poo was nuts.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i miss saying agg balls

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I forget what any of these new Exotics are supposedly called as I've abandoned all hope, not having seen any Exotic in weeks. I only want the ummmmmm... Wavyglitter and Shares of Galpal. Why can't I just have them???

:negative:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Man, I see 150 new posts in this thread in a day and think something cool happened. But nope. As opposed to literally every other thread about a video game on SA, those being usually full of good times and people having fun exploring something together, this one is just so full of vitriol and trash posts and gently caress you got mine gifs.

You guys have completely forgotten how to enjoy a video game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Blind Rasputin posted:

Man, I see 150 new posts in this thread in a day and think something cool happened. But nope. As opposed to literally every other thread about a video game on SA, those being usually full of good times and people having fun exploring something together, this one is just so full of vitriol and trash posts and gently caress you got mine gifs.

I'm having fun

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I don't understand how aim assist is supposed to work. My first several shots seem to go wild before the accuracy bonus decides to kick in.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the true endgame is the friends you make

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Aww buddy chin up, this thread has always been like this. hearken back to the days of the bone krew schism, or dahbadu, or monkeu. This thread is a treasure.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Menstrual Show posted:

Aww buddy chin up, this thread has always been like this. hearken back to the days of the bone krew schism, or dahbadu, or monkeu. This thread is a treasure.

seriously we've all been doing this poo poo with this poo poo game for four+ years now, literally nothing has changed

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Obi wan voice, which is actually my voice because I basically hung it up and just plink sand creatures now until I disappear in big fights] Monkeu...now that is a name I haven’t heard in a long time....a long time.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bone Krew provides a valuable service, purging this thread of the worst of us.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Bone Krew provides a valuable service, purging this thread of the worst of us.

but we're still posting tho

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I will say that the disappointing thing about Thunderlord is that it seems to start at the "medium" speed that it did in D1 and it doesn't have that choomchoomchoom bullet sound effect. The slow windup was great.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I used Thunderlord in PvP and it seems to work pretty good. But it's not the same as it was in D1 and HMGs will probably never be as awesome as they were in D1.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Say what you will about Bone Krew,

But at least it killed Bone Krew

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
New to Luna trip report

- My 75 range opening shot Trust feels better to shoot hands down. I'm stuck running backup mag to really get the most out of the perk which makes it less versatile that my OS trust with Icarus.
- triple tapping people happens way less than you think it would. eg things are hectic, team shooting etc
- if there's one thing this gun is actually good at is burning down supers. lol holy poo poo
- I still prefer cold heart

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

New to Luna trip report

- My 75 range opening shot Trust feels better to shoot hands down. I'm stuck running backup mag to really get the most out of the perk which makes it less versatile that my OS trust with Icarus.
- triple tapping people happens way less than you think it would. eg things are hectic, team shooting etc
- if there's one thing this gun is actually good at is burning down supers. lol holy poo poo
- I still prefer cold heart

So you’re saying Bygones : Redrix :: Trust : Luna?

Sounds right

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I wish trust was kinetic I don't want to put my fighting lion away.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So you’re saying Bygones : Redrix :: Trust : Luna?

Sounds right

Maybe if the analogy is [your participation trophy pve gun] : [gun you make fun of but secretly wish you could get]

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Also Luna is entirely dependent on how good you are at the game to perform at its max. If you think Luna is bad, it is you who are in fact bad.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

-Both dodge benefits (and fixed to proc Kill Clip with Gambler's)
-+5 Mobility
-Handling on all weapons basically becomes the Crimson Days Brokenheart Buff

What the smooth brains fail to realize is that these are the reasons why Dragon's Shadow is amazing. Wraith metal lasts for approx 9 seconds. With 5 paragon mods it is god teir pvp equipment. Auto reloading was a freebee buff.

Apprentice Dick posted:

Also Luna Dragon's Shadow is entirely dependent on how good you are at the game to perform at its max. If you think Luna Drag Show is bad, it is you who are in fact bad.

Mmhmm

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

el B posted:

What the smooth brains fail to realize is that these are the reasons why Dragon's Shadow is amazing. Wraith metal lasts for approx 9 seconds. With 5 paragon mods it is god teir pvp equipment. Auto reloading was a freebee buff.

Nobody actually thinks Dragon's Shadow is bad, they were making fun of arguments that Thunderlord is only good because it's the only machine gun and will be bad one day because future hypothetical machine guns will be better :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Won some good 1v1s using thunderlord last night so I'm here to say

https://i.imgur.com/tVe1M1v.gifv