Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Nook posted:

I like Aatrox's kit a lot if only for how absurdly basic it is but I think he's getting a little too much for free out of it, like I'm not sure how much he really needs the physvamp on his E when he is probably already going to build Death's Dance at some point.

Man, Old Aatrox's kit was waaay more basic than anything New Aatrox has. No resources, one of his abilities was just a toggle, he had a medium cooldown snare, and his Q was literally "Click on man to be next to man, then autoattack man." New Aatrox uses E to position Q and W hits, Q itself is a three hit passive, and his W is weird and cool but it's definitely not as basic as a toggle.

Old Aatrox was the best. Attack speed+lifestyle based champions are the best. New Aatrox doesn't really have a reason to buy attack speed items and it makes me sad :(. I wish they had just made New Aatrox some other Darkin and called it good. The world has room for another Darkin champion. Also I like old Aatrox's VA more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Old Aatrox was unbalancable (literally had an ultimate for a Q and a ridiculous passive and became broken just because they introduced conqueror), one of the buggiest champions ever made, and there are a ton of other champions you can play if you want to play the attack speed bruiser archetype.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I'm not sure I agree with you on your points. I mean, Yorick and Mordekaiser exist, and I think those two alone make any other champion ineligible for 'this champion is too buggy' awards. I don't think his old Q was on par with an ult at all, either. It was a medium cooldown skillshot with a wind-up, the popup area wasn't that big and it didn't do much damage itself, and for most of his time as a hero it cost him... I think it was 10% of his current health to use? An AoE stun does not mandate something be an ultimate. A conditional self-revive doesn't really qualify as ridiculous to me.

I also never really bought into the idea that he suddenly became broken, I think he became playable but was new, so people flocked to him. I think if you give him more time in the meta he settles down rather quickly as people have more time to experiment against him.

There also aren't a lot of lifesteal AND attack speed based bruisers, are there? Trynd, I guess maybe sorta? He's not really about lifesteal as a core component of his durability. One of the big perks of Aatrox was picking a fight against some other bruiser in top lane, losing until you hit 40% life, then watching as your lifesteal and attack speed stabilized your life total. The combination focus on attack speed/lifesteal bruiser was a huge plus to me that isn't really covered anywhere else.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
League is promoting #IsItMeta and encouraging to try weird poo poo in probably the single year there are the least interesting overall champion and item changes in the preseason, nice.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Time to play support ap kha every game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Time to play support ap kha every game.

AP J4 support is viable, take it from me, a gold V J4 main with a 33% win rate

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

if you beat someone with that build does it mean they're flagged for losses

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

I have it on pretty good authority from one guy that this is true.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

CYBEReris posted:

yes

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

Fwiw Nidhogg, a challenger J4 main, played it ~an amount~ when ardent was real dumb (something about flag proccing it on a bunch of people?). He also regularly builds Wits End as a core part of his build as jungle J4, so who knows.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Zodiac5000 posted:

I'm not sure I agree with you on your points. I mean, Yorick and Mordekaiser exist, and I think those two alone make any other champion ineligible for 'this champion is too buggy' awards. I don't think his old Q was on par with an ult at all, either. It was a medium cooldown skillshot with a wind-up, the popup area wasn't that big and it didn't do much damage itself, and for most of his time as a hero it cost him... I think it was 10% of his current health to use? An AoE stun does not mandate something be an ultimate. A conditional self-revive doesn't really qualify as ridiculous to me.

I also never really bought into the idea that he suddenly became broken, I think he became playable but was new, so people flocked to him. I think if you give him more time in the meta he settles down rather quickly as people have more time to experiment against him.

There also aren't a lot of lifesteal AND attack speed based bruisers, are there? Trynd, I guess maybe sorta? He's not really about lifesteal as a core component of his durability. One of the big perks of Aatrox was picking a fight against some other bruiser in top lane, losing until you hit 40% life, then watching as your lifesteal and attack speed stabilized your life total. The combination focus on attack speed/lifesteal bruiser was a huge plus to me that isn't really covered anywhere else.

You could try Xin top. He loves attack speed and lifesteal and hitting mans and has an engage.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

foutre posted:

Fwiw Nidhogg, a challenger J4 main, played it ~an amount~ when ardent was real dumb (something about flag proccing it on a bunch of people?). He also regularly builds Wits End as a core part of his build as jungle J4, so who knows.

Yeah he plays it, he also does lethal tempo J4 in jungle and got to challenger so really... NA lol.

Arcturas posted:

You could try Xin top. He loves attack speed and lifesteal and hitting mans and has an engage.

Or you could play Master Yi top, as god intended when he let there be light.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I never considered Xin. He might not be exactly right but getting a non-triforce attack speed item isn't the worst choice for him so that's something, and beggars can't be choosers. Master Yi is too pure to belong in top lane. He belongs free, roaming the jungles and midlane like a majestic violent gazelle. I would not chain him to top island like he was some foul Yorick. Hell, maybe I'll just pick Mordekaiser. I don't think it's ever the wrong choice, but it is very very rarely the right one. Maybe this is the moment - Wits End lifestyle.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Zodiac5000 posted:

I never considered Xin. He might not be exactly right but getting a non-triforce attack speed item isn't the worst choice for him so that's something, and beggars can't be choosers. Master Yi is too pure to belong in top lane. He belongs free, roaming the jungles and midlane like a majestic violent gazelle. I would not chain him to top island like he was some foul Yorick. Hell, maybe I'll just pick Mordekaiser. I don't think it's ever the wrong choice, but it is very very rarely the right one. Maybe this is the moment - Wits End lifestyle.

Yorick owns, and I will not have his name sullied by this

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
More like Yorick Bori(NG)

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
gently caress it. Just gonna learn to play Singed. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

singed is great but be prepared to feed horribly at first because there's nothing else that plays like him in the entire game and it takes a lot of getting used to

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

can I play Graves Support next season?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

singed is great but be prepared to feed horribly at first because there's nothing else that plays like him in the entire game and it takes a lot of getting used to

Theres a few useless split pushers in this game, regretfully

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Drone_Fragger posted:

Reworked Leblanc is marginally better because her new R mimics the last spell cast so she can’t quite as easily gin you out of nowhere.

You mean original LeBlanc.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Is original Yorrick still in this game where you can spam ghosts and get pentakills because of the ghost heals.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anidav posted:

Is original Yorrick still in this game where you can spam ghosts and get pentakills because of the ghost heals.

No but he got a cool rework and has a better time siccing his ghouls on people and has a slightly less powerful jarvan ult for a W and can either use his ult to take two towers while everyone's slapfighting in mid or let it splitpush on its own while he joins them

The downside is a lot of your power is locked behind your ult but you're fairly tanky and can poo poo out damage in extended trades

e: also he still has a heal it's just on his Q which is an empowered auto now

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just really miss the ghost heals.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

I just really miss the ghost heals.

Ghost heal what is this a level 5 game?? Folks,

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

No, now he's a depressed goth that murders towers instead of champions.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Akali's shroud would probably be fine if it didn't last so long, the problem is level of zone control the thing provides for such an extended period of time feels really off for an assassin.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

mistaya posted:

Akali's shroud would probably be fine if it didn't last so long, the problem is level of zone control the thing provides for such an extended period of time feels really off for an assassin.

Agree. It also needs to not work under tower. It should expand a bit quicker and dissipate faster. If wind effects helped disperse it that would be neat counterplau too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CYBEReris posted:

singed KIND OF plays like a poke support in laning. i dont know, i find a lot of bot lane skills translate to his laning phase, primarily learning to harass and drop creep aggro and learning to harass while maintaining your own cs.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Invalid Validation posted:

Riot doesn’t know how to create good and balanced assassins.

AP Malphite wants a word

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I find fizz kind of annoying but it's probably balanced well also

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

many assassins is well balanced, the problem is when you start taking a look at zed, zed inspires a trend in assassins which is a fetus rotting blight on the game: assassins that have non clear weaknesses. why does zed have very safe and good waveclear? why does he also have the best last hitting?

obviously riot wants people to play their characters but making them a generalist pick with no clear weakness is not the answer. you see little glimmers of this in akali, though they harken back to her earlier design. her sustain was always annoying, but fair. now she has s tier zone control and the best solo engage/disengage tools

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its so hard to lose lane gracefully against her because of the shroud. i think laning vs op champs like aatrox and akali really does make you much much better at the game though.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm 4/4 on reports getting punished in the last month. Im doing my part to make League a better place (by scoring easy points reporting people who use unfiltered racist language)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

I find fizz kind of annoying but it's probably balanced well also

Youre in for a treat when someones least annoying spell is a giant AoE stun

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

strong bird posted:

Youre in for a treat when someones least annoying spell is a giant AoE stun

Pretty sure Fizz's least annoying spell is the auto reset

nobody bitches about that

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fizz is cool and we are friends. he doesnt like the mean stuff you guys say about him but he tries not to let it get to him.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Mikujin posted:

You mean original LeBlanc.

No, the new reworked leblanc, which is basically old leblanc after they reverted her, but the R mimics last spell cast instead of the next spell you press.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

No, the new reworked leblanc, which is basically old leblanc after they reverted her, but the R mimics last spell cast instead of the next spell you press.

That's how old, pre-rework LeBlanc worked, too. Pretty much the only difference between current LeBlanc and pre-rework LeBlanc is some numbers changes and that E no longer slows.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Transient People posted:

Nobody knows about that spell, its a secret 4th spell that guy has

spell a) leap and invulnerability spell, also does aoe damage some reason (Very Annoying)
spell b) dash and does aoe damage (Annoying)
spell c) aoe stun
spell d) the unknown and unknowable Lost Spell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Transient People posted:

I think I get angry about it all the time? That's the cause of the stupid strong dot he has that has made me waste a billion flashes, right?