Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

ThePariah posted:

Would the average Englishman even consider a Scot to be "the local girl" any more than an Irishwoman? Might as well bring in Mark Andrews to job for Drew McIntyre.

Would the locals think that is one question. Would wwe think that the locals would think that is another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Impact spoilers from memory

Ortiz and santana beat fallah bah and a guy named KM

Tessa blanchard beat a woman whose name i forgot, i think it was something like May Cray? Afterwards taya came out and challenged her for the knockouts (they still call them that?) Championship at homecoming

Johnny Impact beat matt sydal w/ ethan page. Afterwards killer cross came out and offered to be johnnys manager, johnny turned him down.

Fenix and pentagon jr beat rich swann and willie mack. This was the best match of the night, but i wouldnt say it was insane or anything.
Afterwards LaX came out and offered a tag title match to the lucha bros at the january ppv.

They had a small intermision here and announced the next tv tapings in february would be here.im guessing this is where the episode ended.

Jordynne grace beat katarina, aka winter. She won with a bear hug.

Su yung beat a local i think. She tried to attack the local after the match but kira hogan? (thats what the person in front of me said her name was) ran down for the save. Then allies music hit, but goth. Goth allie came down to the ring, distracted kira so yung could hit her with her move. Then su yung and allie got weird and arm gropey and left together.

Eli drake came out to boast about ruining abyss's hall of fame induction and ran down hardcore wrestling. This brought out tommy dreamer who cut the 8,000th Defending Hardcore Wrestling speech of his career. He tried really hard to get over the phrase Skinny Jean Wearing Millennial when describing drake, who was very notably not wearing skinny jeans.

Zack wentz and desmond xavier beat two job guys in a fairly quick match. There was long stalling after this match for some reason.

A tag team consisting of mine sydal and some other dude came out to face a new tag team, the desi hit squad. Squad won quick.

Cage vs callihan for the x division title next. Cage won in an entertaining bout. He announced he is going to vacate the x division title to invoke option c at Homecoming in january. Show ended.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 12, 2018

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sounds like Ray "Cray" Lynn. She's hilarious.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know if Drake was wearing skinny jeans or not but he's sure as poo poo older than a millennial.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know if Drake was wearing skinny jeans or not but he's sure as poo poo older than a millennial.

Millennials are 22 to 37 and he's 36 so he counts.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well shut my mouth. I thought for sure he was 40+

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well shut my mouth. I thought for sure he was 40+

Years of hard living and death match wrestling will do that to you. Necro butcher is 45 and he looks like he's in his 60s

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

night two impact tapings.

xplosion: hammerstone beat boo baker

josh matthews is in the ring and they record some B-Roll for two clip show specials at the end of the year.

impact

scarlett bourdeaux comes out with four dancers and they dance on the stage and go to the back. i guess this is a return to the nitro girls?

Johnny Impact and Taya beat Moose and Tessa Blanchard. Moose no longer has the singalong theme. During the match, Moose kept trying to trick Tessa into giving him a kiss. Taya won with an STF on Tessa.

After the match, Moose and Tessa beat down Johnny. Killer Cross runs down, teases helping them, but instead saves Johnny. Cage then runs down, throws out Moose and stares down Cross.

They announce qualifiers for a Four Way Ultimate X Match to crown a new X Division Champion at Homecoming.

Jake Crist defeats Willie Mack in a qualifying match after Sami distracted Mack.

End of episode.

"Psycho Bunny" Allie defeats Heather Monroe. Allie after the match took a stocking and used it like Socko, giving Monroe a mandible claw until Kira Hogan ran in for the save. Su Yung beat up Hogan, then left embracing Allie. I dont know what this direction is.

Ethan Page beat Matt Sydal in a qualifying match after they traded cradles. This was a good match. Show is definitely picking up and paced better than yesterday.

Jordynne Grace beat Ruby Raze w/ Katarina after a folding powerbomb and a Vader Bomb (the corner press thing he did in WWF). Grace looked good here.

End of episode.

Rich Swann beat Dave Crist in a qualifying match with a cradle after a failed distraction by Jake and Sami led to Dave getting distracted. All three beat up Swann after when Mack ran down for the save wearing the most ridiculous outfit ever.

Trey Miguel of the Rascalz beat Trevor Lee in a qualifying match with a crazy variation on the Yoshi Tonic. This was a killer match and reminds me why I loved Trevor Lee so much in PWG.

Fenix w/ Pentagon beat Santana w/ Ortiz. Ortiz was brandishing La Chancla at ringside. This was a hell of a match. After the match Santana was looking pissed at Ortiz and the Lucha Bros, but eventually fistbumped Fenix and left with Ortiz. Not sure if it means anything or leads to anything backstage, but Gail Kim and Rob Irvine took seats behind the announce booth that weren't there before the show.

End of episode.

Moose vs Cage went to a no contest after a decent length match when Eddie Edwards ran down in a straight jacket and beat the poo poo out of Moose with his flip flops. He then grabbed a kendo stick from under the ring and sent Moose running.

We had what was called The Eli Drake Gravy Bowl Turkey Day Invitational. It was a 10 person intergender tag match where the loser would have to wear a turkey suit and let the crowd chant gobble gobble at them.

Team Drake: Eli Drake, Jake Crist, Katarina, Gursindur Singh, and DISCO INFERNO

Team Bah: Fallah Bah, KM, Alisha Edwards, Desmond Xavier, and KIKUTARO

Midway through the match, Fallah Bah has a Human Centipede Boston Crab on all of Team Drake when Scarlett Bourdeaux comes to ringside dressed as a sexy pilgrim. She sheds her Pilgrim coat and bonnet to reveal lingerie, then goes to the top of the ramp to sit in a throne that was placed there during the match. This distracts everyone except for Edwards and Katarina who are still wrestling and doing spots. Kikutaro attacks Drake to get everyone back in the ring. Jake Crist puts on the bonnet. Eventually, everyone on Team Bah plus the ref does the Caterpillar on Disco, and Bah pins Disco with a splash. Disco refuses to wear the turkey suit until Scarlett comes to the ring, and says nothing gets her hot like a man with no insecurities. Disco sprints to put on the suit, Scarlett says he looks like an idiot, and leaves while the crowd gobbles at Disco.

End of episode.

this was much better than night one, but impact is still gonna impact. i had fun. would recommend going out of your way to watch the Fenix/Santana match and the Lee/Miguel match.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 13, 2018

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also i was sitting next to one of the locals who wrestled the previous night. his gimmick is Man E. Lemons, he comes down to the ring with way too many lemons and has trouble holding them all. he's currently my new favorite local wrestler, replacing forums poster Your Personal Muse. I think he based an entire gimmick on this

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Years of hard living and death match wrestling will do that to you. Necro butcher is 45 and he looks like he's in his 60s

I was about to say “but the Wrestler just came out like 5 years ago!” And then I realized it’s been a literal decade :stare:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Midway through the match, Fallah Bah has a Human Centipede Boston Crab on all of Team Drake

ok, seems fine

quote:

when Scarlett Bourdeaux comes to ringside dressed as a sexy pilgrim. She sheds her Pilgrim coat and bonnet to reveal lingerie, then goes to the top of the ramp to sit in a throne that was placed there during the match.

sure?

quote:

This distracts everyone except for Edwards and Katarina who are still wrestling and doing spots. Kikutaro attacks Drake to get everyone back in the ring.

not bad!

quote:

Jake Crist puts on the bonnet.

why?

quote:

Eventually, everyone on Team Bah plus the ref does the Caterpillar on Disco, and Bah pins Disco with a splash.

?

quote:

Disco refuses to wear the turkey suit until Scarlett comes to the ring, and says nothing gets her hot like a man with no insecurities.

????

quote:

Disco sprints to put on the suit, Scarlett says he looks like an idiot, and leaves while the crowd gobbles at Disco.

??????????????

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad the quality of the annual turkey suit match has been maintained

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

STONE COLD 64 posted:

also i was sitting next to one of the locals who wrestled the previous night. his gimmick is Man E. Lemons, he comes down to the ring with way too many lemons and has trouble holding them all. he's currently my new favorite local wrestler, replacing forums poster Your Personal Muse. I think he based an entire gimmick on this

Those are very clearly limes.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Picked up the too many limes gimmick after Sheamus moved on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

final night of tapings. They stopped announcing when new episodes were being taped on this show so i think stuff was recorded out of order. Building was at its emptiest tonight.

xplosion: su yung beat alisha edwards.

impact

Eli Drake vs Tommy Dreamer ended in a countout. match was restarted as a hardcore match. Drake beat Tommy after guillotining his head in a chair and whacking it with a cricket? paddle.

Taya Valkyrie beat Ray Cray Lynn with an STF. After the match, Tessa Blanchard ran down and tried to attack Taya when the ref intervened. Tessa then produced a wire and started strangling the referee. Other refs and Sonjay Dutt and Scott D'Amore came down to plead her to stop. Eventually Gail Kim ran down and tore Tessa off of the ref and Taya sent Tessa packing.

10 man X Division Tag: Willie Mack, Rich Swann, and The Rascalz (Zach Wentz, Dez Xavier, and Trey Miguel) defeated OVE (Sami Callihan and The Crists), Ethan Page, and Matt Sydal after a bunch of dive spots when Willie Mack hit a middle rope stunner on Dave Crist. During one of the dives, Zach Wentz did a dive and it looked like he overshot the ropes and landed right on his neck. The Crists jumped on him immediately and Jake was by him for the remainder of the match until the finish so hopefully he wasn't hurt here.

Killer Kross submitted Trevor Lee with a rear naked choke. After the match, he got on the mic and warned Johnny Impact what would happen if he went through with turning down his services, and broke a cinderblock over Lee's head.

Goth Allie beat Kiera Hogan with a codebreaker. There wasn't a lot of heat here. After the match, Su Yung beat up Hogan until Jordynne Grace ran in. She did a bunch of power spots including a liger bomb on Yung and a stinger splash on Allie to send them packing.

Eli Drake came out with the cricket paddle to cut a promo. He talks about how he sent away Abyss, he sent away Dreamer, and their legacy meant nothing and wrestling is better for them leaving. However, he says despite all of this, Impact management is making him wrestle in a Monsters Ball match at Homecoming. Tommy Dreamer ran down with a chair and they start fighting. Dreamer gets the better of him and goes to guillotine him with a chair when the lights go out. When they come back on, a notably thinner Raven is in the ring behind Dreamer. Drake stands up, Dreamer notices Raven, and all three trade stares. Raven hits Drake, sends him running, then poses with Dreamer. This segment was probably the hottest of all three episodes.

Fallah Bah and KM beat Desi Hit Squad. Scarlett came out during this match and blew a kiss at Fallah Bah after winning.

They recorded a lot of B Roll for One Night Only and clip show footage. During this, they had a Michael Jackson impersonator get on the ramp and dance to get the crowd hot.

Josh Matthews organized a debate between Taya and Tessa. It starts to get heated, but Josh calms them both down. He announced that the Impact matchmakers appointed Gail Kim to be a special referee for their match at Homecoming.

They taped another Xplosion match where Katarina beat a local.

Fenix and Pentagon beat Brian Cage and Johnny Impact. This match was nuts and worth goin out of your way to watch. After the match, Cage and Impact had a pullapart brawl. thats the show.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
> During this, they had a Michael Jackson impersonator get on the ramp and dance to get the crowd hot.

Of course they did.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
How many times have they brought Raven in now? Feels like they must be nearly into double figures.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i saw him at subway about two hours before the tapings. he was already in his gear. he got a wrap.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Literally any time Raven teams with Dreamer makes me question his reputation as some kind of booking genius because it misses what made their feud memorable. And yes, this includes when they won the ECW tag titles 20 years ago.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Gaz-L posted:

Literally any time Raven teams with Dreamer makes me question his reputation as some kind of booking genius because it misses what made their feud memorable. And yes, this includes when they won the ECW tag titles 20 years ago.

Doesn't Raven always end up turning on Dreamer?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gaz-L posted:

Raven was returning to ECW at the time, from WCW, it was SHOCKING etc. The feud had ended before he left for WCW, so they decided to do something different.

At least, if memory serves.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jubs posted:

Doesn't Raven always end up turning on Dreamer?

Yes, and then Dreamer will cut a sobbing promo about how he thought this time Raven had changed.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT Taping spoilers ongoing from San Jose:

- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch def. The Mighty via rollup. The Mighty beat down Lorcan and Burch post match.

- EC3 def. Marcel Barthel. Calls out Bobby Fish afterwards.

- Mia Yim def. Vanessa Bourne

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 16, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I suspect Bobby Fish writes off EC3 from NXT TV and EC3 gets called up.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

ThePariah posted:

Would the average Englishman even consider a Scot to be "the local girl" any more than an Irishwoman? Might as well bring in Mark Andrews to job for Drew McIntyre.

Average Englishman here: Scots are local when necessary, such as when they're really good at cycling and win lots of gold medals at the Olympics.

Otherwise, no.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Frankston posted:

Average Englishman here: Scots are local when necessary, such as when they're really good at cycling and win lots of gold medals at the Olympics.

Otherwise, no.

You forgot 'really good at tennis'.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Note: Some of these matches are very likely not going to air, but here are the results from the NXT San Jose show from last night:

quote:

Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan defeated The Mighty. The losers attacked the winners after the match, upset with losing via roll-up. The Mighty destroyed Burch and Lorcan, then left them laid out

EC3 defeated Marcel Barthel. EC3 cut a post-match promo and said he's coming for Bobby Fish of The Undisputed Era

Mia Yim defeated Vanessa Borne

Lars Sullivan defeated Keith Lee.

The War Raiders defeated NXT Tag Team Champions Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong by DQ after Bobby Fish hit the ring with a steel chair and nailed Hanson, right as The War Raiders were about to win the match.

The Velveteen Dream defeated Johnny Gargano in an amazing match, using a big elbow drop.

Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir defeated Dakota Kai and Kairi Sane. Afterwards, the MMA 4HW attacked Kairi until she made the comeback and laid out Shayna with the Insane elbow.

NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa retained over Aleister Black in the main event.

I guess the match people didn't like at all was the Jessamyn and Marina match. Bunch of gross remarks from the audience (directed at Dakota and Kairi), and I guess Jessamyn and Marina were really loving bad as well. Apparently they only hit like one or two wrestling moves, and otherwise used nothing but really awful kicks and strikes. Crowd didn't care who they were. They probably need a lot more time in the PC to be honest.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

They started training like five months ago, they definitely do. My local indie doesn't put you on shows until you've been training for a year so you don't look like an incompetent.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DarkstarIV posted:

Note: Some of these matches are very likely not going to air, but here are the results from the NXT San Jose show from last night:

I guess the match people didn't like at all was the Jessamyn and Marina match. Bunch of gross remarks from the audience (directed at Dakota and Kairi), and I guess Jessamyn and Marina were really loving bad as well. Apparently they only hit like one or two wrestling moves, and otherwise used nothing but really awful kicks and strikes. Crowd didn't care who they were. They probably need a lot more time in the PC to be honest.

They had Keith Lee lose to a guy whose offense in primarily hip tosses? This company.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Jessamyn and Marina...Crowd didn't care who they were.

This was the real problem. I think the badness of their strikes is being overstated, honestly--they're green and they definitely need work, but they're not, like, Tamina bad. It's just even in an NXT house show audience 90% of the crowd didn't care at all about Jessamyn and Marina, we'd just gotten two straight fire matches with top stars and having them come out deflated everyone, and the abject silence meant even though only a patch of the crowd was yelling awful poo poo it was all you could hear and focus on. At one point part of the crowd was yelling at another part of the crowd to shut the gently caress up because they wouldn't stop alternately yelling "EAT A HAMBURGER" at Jessamyn and "EAT LESS HAMBURGERS" at Marina.

Also, extra-special gently caress-off points go to the guy who yelled "TAKE IT OFF" and "WINNER GETS ME, LADIES" at Mia Yim and Vanessa Borne.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wrestling fans can be the worst.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Anytime I see more than one woman I yell “winners get ME, ladies!!!” And nothing you can do will stop me!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No zero about Takeover aside from someone telling me that I'd appreciate the finish of Kairi and Shayna.

I assume that means Becky hits all the MMA Horsewomen with Stunners.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

No zero about Takeover aside from someone telling me that I'd appreciate the finish of Kairi and Shayna.

Becky/Kairi is the team-up I never knew I needed.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

rovert posted:

From your sources lips to the booker's ears.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Realistically, I could see it being the WWE 4HW costing Shayna the match. Especially since Jessamyn, Marina, and Shayna have been talking an absurd amount of trash about the WWE 4HW over the past few months.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Can't wait to hear from y'all how its the Full Sail crowd that's the terrible NXT fans.

Reminded me of Brandon Stroud shittalking Natty at a Full Sail taping I was at all those moons ago, though.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

All fans suck

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

not empty quoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I’m good because if you weigh less than 350 I’m giving you nonstop boos and I don’t back down from my position.