Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm guessing nobody cares about Weapon H stuff, but they just stooped to naming an upcoming comic "Hulkverines."

https://www.cbr.com/hulkverines-series-hulk-wolverine-weapon-h/

Hulkverines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I would watch the version of Red Dawn that had Hulkverines in it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Weapon h is one of those books I can't believe was actually made and has somehow managed to go on for like a year

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I think I'm in the vast minority but Greg Pak's whole Weapon X/Weapon H/Weapon X-Force run has really threaded the needle of clever-stupid in an enjoyable way. Weapon H as a character is ridiculous on the face of it but is done with just enough of a straight face, and the book itself draws in a bunch of stuff I enjoy (Dario Agger trying to profit from the natural resources of Weirdworld and hiring Weapon H, Korg, Titania, etc. as private contractors, weird Hulk/Brood/Wendigo/etc. hybrids, etc.)

I assume that Pak is wrapping this all up with this final mini-series, and not unlike Sabretooth leading his Weapon X-Force of every C-list 1990s X-Villain (Omega Red! The Nasty Boys! The Original Next Wave ft. The Original Agent X!) into Hell by getting killed by a bored and louche Azazel is a fitting ending to that series, a big dumb Hulk & Wolverine vs. Hulkverine should be a fun wrap-up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Weapon H has been surprisingly entertaining, especially this most recent arc in Weirdworld. They've also kept Titana's characterization where she's trying to go straight, so that's great.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so glad wasp is back

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

I think I'm in the vast minority but Greg Pak's whole Weapon X/Weapon H/Weapon X-Force run has really threaded the needle of clever-stupid in an enjoyable way. Weapon H as a character is ridiculous on the face of it but is done with just enough of a straight face, and the book itself draws in a bunch of stuff I enjoy (Dario Agger trying to profit from the natural resources of Weirdworld and hiring Weapon H, Korg, Titania, etc. as private contractors, weird Hulk/Brood/Wendigo/etc. hybrids, etc.)

I assume that Pak is wrapping this all up with this final mini-series, and not unlike Sabretooth leading his Weapon X-Force of every C-list 1990s X-Villain (Omega Red! The Nasty Boys! The Original Next Wave ft. The Original Agent X!) into Hell by getting killed by a bored and louche Azazel is a fitting ending to that series, a big dumb Hulk & Wolverine vs. Hulkverine should be a fun wrap-up.

Greg Pak and Weapon X rules

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Corvus Glaive realising that the rest of his team don't find him funny was cute but the first issue of the Back Order mini has some rough art, especially the pages featuring the Emperor they've been ordered to take down.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

so glad wasp is back

Now I need 'Your Mom Is a Skrull' shirt plz.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

Corvus Glaive realising that the rest of his team don't find him funny was cute but the first issue of the Back Order mini has some rough art, especially the pages featuring the Emperor they've been ordered to take down.

Corvus Glaive sounds like a Jerry Lewis character

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

so glad wasp is back

When Janet and Nadia walk out of the leather shop, my main instantly put heavy guitars in my head.

That Ms Marvel issue was super cute, I'm curious if Kamala's inhuman ancestor will come back, but I want more of her and Singularity hanging out!

Squirrel Girl still remains the best, and Koi Boi's pun ability is unrivaled.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

Squirrel Girl still remains the best, and Koi Boi's pun ability is unrivaled.

When I woke up this morning I wasn't expecting to see a Dr. Sbaitso reference, and yet here we are. Also why doesn't ghost rider ride ghosts?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

When Janet and Nadia walk out of the leather shop, my main instantly put heavy guitars in my head.

Nadia's outfit was a look and I need it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

When I woke up this morning I wasn't expecting to see a Dr. Sbaitso reference, and yet here we are. Also why doesn't ghost rider ride ghosts?

TriSCAREatops!

site posted:

Nadia's outfit was a look and I need it

It was like a goth lolita leather goddess. Also her Pjs are pretty darn cute.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Daughters of the Dragon #1 is on Comixology today, by me, Travel Foreman and Jordan Gibson. I'm super proud of this one!

You should be proud of this one!

Read this book folks it's really, really fuckin' good.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

I love Pak's Planet Hulk and Red Hulk stories but have fallen off the Marvel train these last few years... If I want to check out that stuff, do I need to start with Weapon X? I just looked it up on Comixology and noticed it's got Greg Land's name attached to it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kikkoman posted:

I love Pak's Planet Hulk and Red Hulk stories but have fallen off the Marvel train these last few years... If I want to check out that stuff, do I need to start with Weapon X? I just looked it up on Comixology and noticed it's got Greg Land's name attached to it.

it's just the first like, 4 issues that have Land art, after that it's Marc Borstel and Ibraim Roberson for a bit before Yildray Cinar takes over for regular art duties with a few fill-ins sprinkled in.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You should be proud of this one!

Read this book folks it's really, really fuckin' good.

Thanks DCB! I'm glad you liked it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Kikkoman posted:

Pak's recent return to Marvel is basically three books:

The Totally Awesome Hulk - Amadeus Cho becomes the Hulk. There are four volumes of Totally Awesome Hulk, and Weapon X launches awhile later. The first trade of that is pretty much where all of the Greg Land art is. You could honestly skip this if you don't mind coming in kinda-sorta mid-story, since a lot of poo poo is restated immediately after the first trade when the two books crossover for WEAPONS OF MUTANT DESTRUCTION, which is the introduction of Weapon H. Then the second volume of Weapon X partially continues the Weapon H storyline, at which point he gets his own book.

Weapon X continues on for what is probably going to end up being 3 additional trades.

Totally Awesome Hulk also got retitled/renumbered as just The Incredible Hulk after the WMD crossover, for Return to Planet Hulk and World War Hulk II arcs that I don't think have been collected into trades yet but are on Comixology as single issues.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Coleen and Misty are exactly the characters that belong in a story where two people can sense each other's KILLING INTENT with a handshake, so good choice VV.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Looks like today's one of the weird continuity days where gen ross is going to war with steve in the tnc solo and meeting up with him on the steps of the Lincoln memorial in avengers

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Looks like today's one of the weird continuity days where gen ross is going to war with steve in the tnc solo and meeting up with him on the steps of the Lincoln memorial in avengers

See also Namor in Avengers and X-Men: Red.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

See also Namor in Avengers and X-Men: Red.

X-men red said it was before 700. The stuff with Steve and Ross in avengers could be one of the reasons for them going to war. Also yeah the writers of avengers, Thor, and legacy should have gotten together and figured out this wolverine storyline

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So aaron i guess is either mapping out quite a bit of future avengers or is throwing a ton of poo poo against the wall because we have glimpses of the original squadron supreme taking on the avengers under gen ross and agent coulsons (wasnt he dead??) command, Phoenix logan taking on the celestials, multiple starbrands, moon knight and a zombie army, blade and wasp coming back to the team, frank castle as...black knight or something, and man-thing being worthy of mjolnir

bobkatt013 posted:

Also yeah the writers of avengers, Thor, and legacy should have gotten together and figured out this wolverine storyline

Its all the same guy lol

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

site posted:

So aaron i guess is either mapping out quite a bit of future avengers or is throwing a ton of poo poo against the wall because we have glimpses of the original squadron supreme taking on the avengers under gen ross and agent coulsons (wasnt he dead??) command, Phoenix logan taking on the celestials, multiple starbrands, moon knight and a zombie army, blade and wasp coming back to the team, frank castle as...black knight or something, and man-thing being worthy of mjolnir

Its all the same guy lol

I know that was in response to an earlier comment. Also two of those thing should have already happened or about to

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is the zombie thing happening in moon knight? I haven't kept up

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

site posted:

Is the zombie thing happening in moon knight? I haven't kept up

The things that happened this weeks squadran supreme and blade joining

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E: nm it's too early for this

site fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 15, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pretty sure Punisher was in samurai armor.

And I'm glad Cheese is back.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Having now read infinite warps i now require the moon squirrel ongoing

Endless Mike posted:

Pretty sure Punisher was in samurai armor.

And I'm glad Cheese is back.

Hm maybe but i don't think?? samurai use broadswords

site fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 15, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Having now read infinite warps i now require the moon squirrel ongoing

I guess you’re right. I didn’t notice the chain mail the first time through.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

They should, they're way better than katanas.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

They should, they're way better than katanas.

Shots fired

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Jiro posted:

Shots fired

No shots fired. Everyone's got swords.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1063176485102608387

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Zdarsky and checchetto huh, that's interesting

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thank you for finally putting Checchetto back on something I actually want to read.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Always glad to see The Zdarsky get high profile stuff, he rules.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Zdarsky knows what fans want

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1063192215302955008?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted: