Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oxyclean posted:

How come nothing happened to Wohl after the Mueller thing anyways?

They never filed a police report so there's nothing really to charge them with outside of civil lawsuits I would assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

Oxyclean posted:

Feds are probably still investigating him, they take their sweet rear end time.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Nothus posted:

I'm not too smug about it. It's still possible for the UK to put a stop to the Brexit poo poo, but we're stuck with the republican party and it's brain damaged supporters forever.

The lesson I take from Brexit is that the world isn't controlled by shadowy elites, but instead we're all just blind morons stumbling from one unintended consequence to another.

the lesson i take from it is that the shadowy elites are as dumb if not dumber than the people whose lives they control

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Jacob Wohl walking out of the police station correcting his limp while slowly taking off his wig and wiping off the costume blood makeup

Could it be?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

They never filed a police report so there's nothing really to charge them with outside of civil lawsuits I would assume.

They could get slammed with conspiracy charges if someone was so inclined, I'm sure. Also, the whole thing with him operating in CA as a PI without the proper licensing and qualifications. And basically stealing that one lady's money.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Because it's been, [checks watch], forty-eight years since Wohl's weird thing and slapping low priority jerks takes time.

Eltoasto posted:

Well... he's definitely edging on breaking the law, but it's at a level that gets you pulled into an FBI office where you get a stern talking to rather than pressing charges. The giant public shaming of Wohl is a worse punishment than any he'd receive from the government for this.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Blitz7x posted:

Jacob Wohl walking out of the police station correcting his limp while slowly taking off his wig and wiping off the costume blood makeup

Could it be?

Switch back to Mueller in the interrogation room, looking at a poster of Christopher Waltz as he drops his mug labelled "Surefire Ceramics"

Wohl's limp is gone as he picks up the pace and WHAM into a telephone pole

Avenatti4Pres
Nov 15, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Why are you trying to absolve Dems of not passing meaning health care reform

I think it's absolutely hilarious that you think the Democrats did not pass meaningful healthcare reform.

You can come say that to my face. I had health insurance for the first time in MY LIFE thanks to Obamacare.

You can say that to the million of other people who obtained health insurance they never would have had before. Health insurance that saved peoples lives.

You can say that to the millions now worried that the are going to lose their coverage because the Republicans have gutted funding and cost control provisions for the act in a attempt to sabotage it just to ensure poor people can not obtain access to healthcare.

You can say it to my parents, who never had health insurance ever and were able to obtain it.

I don't know if you realize this but Obamacare was a pretty big loving deal for millions of Americans. You seem to think the alternative was somehow single payer. No the alternative was nothing. Nothing at all. No change. And people don't have time to wait when they're sick. When there's thousands of Americans dying every day because of lack of health insurance.

Obamacare may not have been perfect, but it was pretty drat meaningful and as written a lot stronger than what occurred. The medicaid expansion? That was supposed to be nationwide. But the courts blocked it. Republicans sued over every single provision in the legislation and won most of those battles.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063081553075625984?s=19

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1063084073231544320?s=19

I get the feeling something big is gonna happen, good or bad.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

account name and reg date checks out

VERY UNSTABLE INDIVIDUAL

also republicans didn't take ACA cases to court; private companies like Hobby Lobby did and won because the constitutional justification for the ACA, however well meaning, was tenuous at best.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Brexit and Trump both have the same root cause - fascists funded by oligarchs. A lot of the same oligarchs, too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I hope so. I like seeing him lose his poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hold onto your butts friends. We're in for a big end to this week.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Jesus Christ if it was really Wohl

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Mustached Demon posted:

Hold onto your butts friends. We're in for a big end to this week.

Oh God, I can’t spend more time refreshing news sites, I have work to do for Christ’s sake. :qq:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Gort posted:

Brexit and Trump both have the same root cause - fascists funded by oligarchs. A lot of the same oligarchs, too.
And, surprisingly considering their disdain for international cooperation, a lot of the same fascists!

Suck my rear end Piers you weird inbred slice of stale toast.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

OK, seriously, the only time he does this much bitching about Mueller in one day is when something is about to drop.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm basically coasting for the rest of the week because I'm caught up on all my large projects and am flying out on Monday to CA for Thanksgiving with partner's family so gently caress it, bring on the butt-holding news.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

OK, seriously, the only time he does this much bitching about Mueller in one day is when something is about to drop.

That or he got wind of Florida results.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Avenatti4Pres posted:

I think it's absolutely hilarious that you think the Democrats did not pass meaningful healthcare reform.

Democrats did not pass meaningful healthcare reform. The ACA did nothing to control costs. There is no functional difference between being uninsured and unable to go to a doctor and insurance that you can't afford to use. For many millions of Americans, the ACA is functionally worthless.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You know Max Baucus said the same thing about the public option being a bargaining chip while the debate was going on right? And that Daschle was still acting as an informal adviser on health care to Obama and other White House officials as well as senate colleagues?

Oh yeah another blue dog rear end in a top hat who was hostile to the concept of the public option from the beginning. Totally credible.

Seriously maybe it was used as a bargaining chip, that's not the same as what's being implied which is that the Democrats specifically Obama never really wanted it which is speculation.

It also ingores the math on the vote, which was that as long as they had the public option they did not have the votes to pass, given that that was the case even if they made a deal with the Healthcare industry they were giving up something that they couldn't get anyway in order to secure an improvement over the pre-ACA situation.

Yes it all sounds nefarious if you interpret the events through a filter of conspiracy theories, but it just looks like basic political gamesmanship otherwise.

If you view everything through a filter of Dems bad, then of course your going to interpret things in the most negative manner. It's just kind of :catdrugs: that you are perfectly willing to give the actual bad Dems and Republicans the benefit of the doubt that you refuse to give to the Democrats in general.

Most Dems aren't bad, they are just human and are thus imperfect stupid apes barely out of the agrarian age. Some of them are bad others are naive or just think that different things will work. And most are well intentioned but various of stupid.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

That or he got wind of Florida results.

Nah, cause then it would be bitching about voter fraud and Democrats voting in different costumes and Brenda Snipes who I guarantee is just a name he heard on Fox News, and when he realized she was a black woman he went into a full tilt racist tirade.

This is about Mueller, so whatever big news happens in the next couple days will have something to do with the investigation.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Iron Twinkie posted:

Democrats did not pass meaningful healthcare reform. The ACA did nothing to control costs. There is no functional difference between being uninsured and unable to go to a doctor and insurance that you can't afford to use. For many millions of Americans, the ACA is functionally worthless.

Holy poo poo thank you. Someone who understands the fundamental flaw was a lack of cost control. The real failure was at the hospital level -- to this day, go ahead and call your hospital and ask them what a normal procedure costs. They can't tell you. They can't because even they don't know -- the answer is whatever they can bill for, which causes insurance costs to blow through the roof.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/noahweiland/status/1063086354479939590

lmao

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Is that historically true? It seems not true at all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blitz7x posted:

Could it be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a04xWjjgqos&t=265s

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Well if the reports of Trump losing what's left of his goddamn mind are true then we may indeed be in for some wild poo poo.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

kidkissinger posted:

Jesus Christ if it was really Wohl

This would be so dumb.

Random Stranger posted:

Because it's been, [checks watch], forty-eight years since Wohl's weird thing and slapping low priority jerks takes time.

Well... he's definitely edging on breaking the law, but it's at a level that gets you pulled into an FBI office where you get a stern talking to rather than pressing charges. The giant public shaming of Wohl is a worse punishment than any he'd receive from the government for this.

If he orchestrated this, he’s gonna be facing state level charges. California and LA County is probably not going to be too happy. Avenatti has a lawsuit as well for everything including defamation even though he’s a public figure because there would absolutely be malicious intent.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

"I saw Bob Soper down at the Publix. He was buying sliced turkey!"

Avenatti4Pres
Nov 15, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Twinkie posted:

My medication costs $300 dollars a month that I can not afford and I can have it now thanks to my marketplace insurance.

I went to the doctors office the other day. I had no copay.

I fell and broke my arm, my total out of pocket costs were $300.

The ACA is not that bad, and it did have cost control provisions. Most of them got destroyed by the GOP.

And LOL you think individual businesses that sued on the ACA aren't a active component of the GOP?

It shows how naive you are yourself. ACA was a major step forward for many americans and the fact that you ignore that is disgusting to me personally to be quite honest.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

"I saw Bob Soper down at the Publix. He was buying sliced turkey!"
"No, it was honey ham."

*raises eyebrow meaningfully*

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Is that historically true? It seems not true at all.

It's not he just crys constantly

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Avenatti4Pres posted:

My medication costs $300 dollars a month that I can not afford and I can have it now thanks to my marketplace insurance.

I went to the doctors office the other day. I had no copay.

I fell and broke my arm, my total out of pocket costs were $300.

The ACA is not that bad, and it did have cost control provisions. Most of them got destroyed by the GOP.

And LOL you think individual businesses that sued on the ACA aren't a active component of the GOP?

It shows how naive you are yourself. ACA was a major step forward for many americans and the fact that you ignore that is disgusting to me personally to be quite honest.

is there something stopping you from typing in paragraphs or is this just the characteristic gimmick of whatever permabanned user you probably are?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'd like to pat Jacob Wohl on the back for restoring the useful Michael Avenatti.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Every time he tweets out a storm name dropping some rando's I always think about the time I went to /pol/ looking for tears and saw a big spiderweb diagram about how the Rothschild family was funding Area 51 that had a dotted line to Hillary

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Chicken noodle, split pea, or perhaps a nice minestrone?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Oxyclean posted:

https://twitter.com/easydiff/status/1060393889780195328

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I bet Jr. gonna be indicted this week.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think he knows a lot less than people think he does about this kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

cochise posted:

Chicken noodle, split pea, or perhaps a nice minestrone?

Nah, they seem like gazpacho guys, or maybe a nice tomato basil bisque.