Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cochise posted:

Chicken noodle, split pea, or perhaps a nice minestrone?

No comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Trump isn't doing anything unusual for Trump. He's raging on Twitter like he always does, and people have always said "oh that means something big is happening this week" and then 99 times out of 100 nothing happens.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is this confirmed by people other than Avenatti? It's entirely possible since we live in Hellworld but all the high tweets I have seen are more than 12 hrs old

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

CascadeBeta posted:

Trump isn't doing anything unusual for Trump. He's raging on Twitter like he always does, and people have always said "oh that means something big is happening this week" and then 99 times out of 100 nothing happens.

Something usually happens by chance because this administration is a poo poo show.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Skex posted:

Most Dems aren't bad, they are just human and are thus imperfect stupid apes barely out of the agrarian age. Some of them are bad others are naive or just think that different things will work. And most are well intentioned but various of stupid.

Good points, but also:

Most Dems aren't as liberal as we are or as liberal as we think they should be.

They represent constituents (or lobbyists) that aren't as liberal as us or as liberal as we think they should be.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Avenatti4Pres posted:

And LOL you think individual businesses that sued on the ACA aren't a active component of the GOP?

It shows how naive you are yourself. ACA was a major step forward for many americans and the fact that you ignore that is disgusting to me personally to be quite honest.

Feel free to be disgusted, because it was Hobby Lobby that dismantled a huge portion of the individual mandate of their own volition, and the court ruled in favor of closely held beliefs.

The ACA was rammed down the throats of congress with crippling, glaring flaws, and was destined to fail from the start. this isn't a judgment against single payer systems in general but you're delusional if you think the ACA was some kind of miracle insurance changer because it really wasn't, unless you're a poor with subsidies silver level plans.

"a step forward for many americans" yeah okay guy.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I know it's probably because of the character limit, but I like to think he just didn't want to bother spelling Peter Strzok

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The Mueller probe has ruined the lives of many people like George Poppadapolis and his *checks notes* two week jail sentence! Also that Dutch guy!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Sir Lemming posted:

I know it's probably because of the character limit, but I like to think he just didn't want to bother spelling Peter Strzok

It still kind of tickles me a little that he seems to use "lover" as a pejorative

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Sup. Where do I sign up to join Mueller's gang of Democratic thugs?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Avenatti4Pres posted:

My medication costs $300 dollars a month that I can not afford and I can have it now thanks to my marketplace insurance.

I went to the doctors office the other day. I had no copay.

I fell and broke my arm, my total out of pocket costs were $300.

The ACA is not that bad, and it did have cost control provisions. Most of them got destroyed by the GOP.

And LOL you think individual businesses that sued on the ACA aren't a active component of the GOP?

It shows how naive you are yourself. ACA was a major step forward for many americans and the fact that you ignore that is disgusting to me personally to be quite honest.

A major step for some Americans perhaps but you are ignoring the realities of high deductible health care plans. You can easily be on the hook for well over 10k before insurance picks up a dime. That's for in network coverage by the way. Also, anything that your insurance doesn't consider in network doesn't count towards the limit and is completely on your back.

Have more than zero people been helped by the ACA? Yes absolutely, and I don't fault people if they were optimistic at the time when the ACA was passed. I was one of them, however the reality now is that for many millions of Americans, the health care they can receive has either not changed or gotten worse as costs have exploded and reached ever higher levels of unaffordability.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1063084452685836288 hahhahahahahahahahahaha oh man please tell me this ends with an indictment on wohl

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

what a shame, Putin's lawyers couldn't even convince a Trump-appointed judge to throw out Mueller's case against them

https://twitter.com/DelWilber/status/1063092197527076866

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope @jack feels like the piece of poo poo he is. He did his best to coddle right wing Nazis and they still hate his loving guts and now the POTUS is trashing his website for being biased lmao

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah, people with pre-existing conditions and who were young and were able to stay on their parents' insurance. Why is that not agreed on?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Yeah all the democratic support that Facebook has been giving like uhhhhhhhhh

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah all the democratic support that Facebook has been giving like uhhhhhhhhh

I respect that, in the name of being fair and balanced, they hired a Republican oppo research firm to create fake news about how criticism of Facebook was part of a Soros conspiracy.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah, people with pre-existing conditions and who were young and were able to stay on their parents' insurance. Why is that not agreed on?

You could stay on an extra year, and you couldn't be denied for preexisting conditions, but all of that was rendered moot by the existence of copper plans and below, subsidies only applying to silver plans, and anything below that having such a poor actuarial value that they were almost as bad as not having insurance at all. Coupled with NO cost controls at the provider level meant the plans continued to rocket up, subidies couldn't keep up, and the health pools got sicker because healthy people didn't need to go to the exchange.

Some of the IDEAS were great but were/are functionally useless or will soon be.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
my father in law is alive thanks to obamacare, is my reg date early enough for this to be taken seriously

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CascadeBeta posted:

99 out of 100 seems way too high. We have gotten foreshadowing from Trump many times before, which makes sense because often the target of his ire will give him or his administration a chance to comment, go on the record, or otherwise somehow give him short notice of what they are about to do to him.

I'm sure there's selective memory where we remember every time Trump tells us whats about to happen and forget about his random rage that goes nowhere, but I think it increases the odds that Mueller is doing something relatively big this week.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Saved the life of two people I know. Unless you can articulate some reasons why it made life worse for countless people, you are patently wrong.

ACA has helped countless women get contraceptives, and immeasurable amount of people to stay on their parent’s plan, not even counting the people with pre-existing conditions.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/BradKutner/status/1063065971374600193?s=19

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Vahakyla posted:

Saved the life of two people I know. Unless you can articulate some reasons why it made life worse for countless people, you are patently wrong.

ACA has helped countless women get contraceptives, and immeasurable amount of people to stay on their parent’s plan, not even counting the people with pre-existing conditions.

Employers are specifically exempt from providing contraceptives if they don't want to thanks to the case I mentioned in two other posts articulating problems with the ACA so this is a bad example. Also 1 more year longer on a parent's plan = immeasurable amount?

I've articulated a TON of problems with the ACA, and unless something is done soon it will be rendered functionally dead in less than 5 years.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Vahakyla posted:

well

Kimsemus posted:

this isn't a judgment against single payer systems in general but you're delusional if you think the ACA was some kind of miracle insurance changer because it really wasn't, unless you're a poor with subsidies silver level plans.

this person seems like a great leftist so i believe them

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Feels like a lifetime ago.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

CascadeBeta posted:

Trump seems particularly unhinged at this rally though

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

eke out posted:

I respect that, in the name of being fair and balanced, they hired a Republican oppo research firm to create fake news about how criticism of Facebook was part of a Soros conspiracy.

Not to mention that they are so incompetent that they can't even cover up their own grift. I thought you guys were the kings of data management and sale

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

eke out posted:

well

this person seems like a great leftist so i believe them

Anyone so obsessed with the Trump wall is no one I would break bread with.

You have no idea what an insult that is I'm what you call a person whom eats :goonsay:

Avenatti4Pres
Nov 15, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

unless you're a poor with subsidies silver level plans.

So you mean 10.5 Million people?

And here I thought mocking the poor was something reserved for Republicans. Nice to see you're no better than them.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

OK, seriously, the only time he does this much bitching about Mueller in one day is when something is about to drop.

Nah, he's bitched about Mueller like this plenty of times before and nothing dropped on those days. Not saying nothing will, but he could just be blowing off steam because he's paranoid about the Dems taking the House.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Feldegast42 posted:

Trump seems particularly unhinged at this rally though

He's doing a rally?! Election is over!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Iron Twinkie posted:

A major step for some Americans perhaps but you are ignoring the realities of high deductible health care plans. You can easily be on the hook for well over 10k before insurance picks up a dime. That's for in network coverage by the way. Also, anything that your insurance doesn't consider in network doesn't count towards the limit and is completely on your back.

Have more than zero people been helped by the ACA? Yes absolutely, and I don't fault people if they were optimistic at the time when the ACA was passed. I was one of them, however the reality now is that for many millions of Americans, the health care they can receive has either not changed or gotten worse as costs have exploded and reached ever higher levels of unaffordability.

Last chart i saw showed the rate of cost increase went down after the ACA passed

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

RuanGacho posted:

You have no idea what an insult that is I'm what you call a person whom eats :goonsay:

The wall is more an Austerlitz Chimera more than anything else honestly. I think it's as dumb as the next guy, just an interesting albatross to harp on.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

RuanGacho posted:

OH i forgot this was the guy with the av of trump running over a cartoon of a mexican, who then kept re-buying the av when people changed it, and bragged about how he'd keep doing it

can we just ban the open racists? honestly

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Avenatti4Pres posted:

So you mean 10.5 Million people?

And here I thought mocking the poor was something reserved for Republicans. Nice to see you're no better than them.

Psst. He's not a leftist.

Kimsemus posted:

The wall is more an Austerlitz Chimera more than anything else honestly. I think it's as dumb as the next guy, just an interesting albatross to harp on.

Bullshit.

You put your money where your mouth is and the wall is offensive.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

I've articulated a TON of problems with the ACA, and unless something is done soon it will be rendered functionally dead in less than 5 years.

In most markets premiums and competitors have stabilized, what’s not cool is that the statutory out of pocket max went up from 6350 in the first year of exchange plans to 8400 this year. It’s only been 4 years!

The democrats love high deductible insurance, Rahm Emanuel’s brother, Jonathan Gruber, and other neoliberal ghouls all promoted it as a way to bend the cost curve by denying poor people care via market mechanisms.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

eke out posted:

OH i forgot this was the guy with the av of trump running over a cartoon of a mexican, who then kept re-buying the av when people changed it, and bragged about how he'd keep doing it

can we just ban the open racists? honestly

Also said "let's not make it a race thing" when one of the recent mass shooters turned out to be yet another white boy, iirc

Avenatti4Pres
Nov 15, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Twinkie posted:

But you do realize that high deductible health care plans were not a intrinsic part of the design of the ACA right? They were created by health insurance companies to get around profit limitations implemented by the ACA.

The Democrats didn't go and sit down and say "We need to create health care plans with high deductibles so people can't use their insurance blargh blargh blargh"

What major piece of legislation hasn't had issues like this? Changes are made to Social Security and Medicaid, CHIP and other programs YEARLY.

The ACA has been stripped clean by republicans and had no major revamps in the past 10 years.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1063095618481074177?s=19

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

Also said "let's not make it a race thing" when one of the recent mass shooters turned out to be yet another white boy, iirc

very cool.

surely all of us can agree that this gently caress has no place here