Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

Are there any times where a mission's default difficulty in this game is actually hard? Not counting survival/excavation where it just makes the mobs spawn at higher and higher levels, or hard because bugs or AI stop you from finishing the mission. I'm talking enemies that are super scary off the bat who you need to take cover for (or at least run and gun with health restoration like the new Doom).

It honestly depends how kitted out you are. You generally don't run into too many issues until Saturn or Uranus without levelling any mods. If you've been levelling +damage, Elemental and health mods, you honestly won't run into too many issues. But usually there's no excessively dangerous singular mobs. Maybe the Stalker in the early levels while you're out solo.

Late level void missions, sortie enemies, and Eidolons on the plains of eidolon can gently caress you up if you're not set up properly to deal with them. However, those are also enemies that you have to actively choose to engage.

Warframe is a power-fantasy through and through, and it's less 'dodge this powerful enemy' and more 'how fast can I clear through this level of enemies' for the endgame. Sure, later in the game you'll run into more difficult versions of enemies like Bursas, Nox and Bombards. But they're more of a speedbump than a roadblock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I really like the unique enemies in Orb Valis, I hope they add more enemies that do new stuff to gently caress you up.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

Spudd posted:

I really like the unique enemies in Orb Valis, I hope they add more enemies that do new stuff to gently caress you up.

Agreed. I love shooting up some Corpus dudes and then BWAAAM a friggin orb drops in.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Spudd posted:

the amount of more or less unavoidable stagger and stunlock isn't really my cup of tea but the overall enemy variety is very good, yes

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The spider orb bots on high alert levels are a pretty great challenging addition, and all the other Corpus units are just a great addition.

Flytrap posted:

Make Wukong rad.

I'm hoping for an announcement of some big cool Wukong rework with melee 3.0, but I don't actually think we'll be that lucky.

And Tyler Too! posted:

The amount of time it takes to mark the targets to activate 4 you could just sweep your weapon across the screen or your teammates have already slaughtered them. Ash's best days are behind him unless DE revisits him and unfucks his 4.

I still use his 4 all the time. It's still quite quick to mark a whole group of dudes two or three times. You just look at people and then forget them because they're already dead. Or you charge into a group with it and by the time you get to them you have shadow clones popping up all over the place mercing dudes and you get to clean up after yourself, or just do it again. Ash isn't even locked into the Bladestorm animation anymore so you really can look at a crowd and the go deal with a second crowd because you've already doomed the first. It definitely doesn't shine in ESO next to a single Saryn or Volt but I've been using it to rather amazing results in Orb Vallis, and everywhere else really. It would be better if it still had 3, or more, clones doing the job, but I really can't stress how good it still is in any situation that isn't already dominated by a warcrimesframe. Large amounts of bleed damage from a frame whose passive emphasizes bleed damage oh and it works with the melee combo multiplier. And it's stupid cheap. Cheaper if you're invisible by any means and you can combo it with Arcane Trickery so Bladestorm itself makes you invisible for 20s. And it's space ninja as all hell.

And Tyler Too! posted:

You need the Fatal Teleport augment paired with a Covert Lethality dagger. Any class with that dagger and a blind/stun/knockdown can do the same though without giving up a mod slot. Inaros pocket sand, Excal blind, Valkyr scream, etc. One of the combos in Stinging Thorn can proc finisher damage, but I'm not 100% if that will trigger Covert Lethality.

You don't need Fatal Teleport, regular teleport opens enemies up to finishers so Covert Lethality still does it's thing if you just mash e. Fatal Teleport does make it more reliable in high latency games, or on more unique ai like the index and sedna colosseum.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Don't bring pets along on conservation trips: they will run over and murder that Bolarola you're patiently lying in wait for. :bang:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My Kavat set up her new death aura mod field just for me and the rare vermink that showed up.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait, what happened to Ember?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She briefly became death incarnate then got toned down a little.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Coildrives need to come pre-hacked otherwise you just drunkenly shoot dropships for 5 mins wondering why the bounty is taking so loving long.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Did you know you can shoot it to stop it early?"
*boom*
"See it stopped moving"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Psion posted:

the amount of more or less unavoidable stagger and stunlock isn't really my cup of tea but the overall enemy variety is very good, yes

That is fair I've died to stagger multiple times now but I am a bit happy that they're forcing me to use my anti-stagger mods. Didn't have much use for those before this patch.

As much as I enjoy having my poo poo hosed I do die to random things every now and then. There's something in the outside part of the Enrichment Labs that will be murk me from nowhere with no warning. Is it the giant spider on top of the building doing that?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It will fire down on the area on occasion, might have to have a high alert level. There are either moas or bursas that can mortar as well. And if you have low health and armor the turrets around the base can pack a rather large punch.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks to goon assistance in getting argon crystals, my atterax will be ready in 10 hours. I am still gonna go on my long voltage towards a Loki frame, but I did notice that apparently the Volt frame I started the game with can melt level 100 mobs with atterax and the right mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBqmOmbWQt4

Is his invisibility in that video cosmetic, or is he actually gaining invisibility to enemies somehow?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Maiming Strike is a incredibly rare mod that's super-valuable, but probably isn't worth trying to obtain now because Melee 3.0 is coming down the pipe soon.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Zero VGS posted:

Is his invisibility in that video cosmetic, or is he actually gaining invisibility to enemies somehow?
There used to be a way to gain invisibility on melee crits that was removed about a month after that video was posted.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
I've got a Zaw Riven with +160% damage (neat) and +90% status duration (huh?) on a fast zaw that I can get up to 40% status chance.

Question is, is status duration worth touching? In the 1000 hours I've played this game I've never once seen it, is it worth only using with specific elements or what?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
reroll, I don't think that ever becomes useful because poo poo dies too fast for it to matter

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
I like Valkyr cause I am bad at game and she's can become invulnerable for minutes at a time.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I keep dumping Kuva into my Cycron riven for ??? reasons trying to get something sweet.

Currently its:

159.7% Multishot
159% Slash
-80.9% Critical Chance

but I'm looking at a roll of:

89.7% Status Chance
86.6% Fire Rate

and trying to begin to figure out if gaining that crit chance back, increasing fire rate, and replacing some of my 60/60 mods with the 90 mods with that status chance boost wouldn't work out better. Am I crazy?

Any help figuring out the math on this would be great. I assume Multishot is going to be superior, but I'm not sure how exactly it affects beam weapons.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Cinnamon Bear posted:

reroll, I don't think that ever becomes useful because poo poo dies too fast for it to matter

Right, thanks. Here's hoping that pit doesn't end up too deep.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

So I keep dumping Kuva into my Cycron riven for ??? reasons trying to get something sweet.

Currently its:

159.7% Multishot
159% Slash
-80.9% Critical Chance

but I'm looking at a roll of:

89.7% Status Chance
86.6% Fire Rate

and trying to begin to figure out if gaining that crit chance back, increasing fire rate, and replacing some of my 60/60 mods with the 90 mods with that status chance boost wouldn't work out better. Am I crazy?

Any help figuring out the math on this would be great. I assume Multishot is going to be superior, but I'm not sure how exactly it affects beam weapons.

http://warframe-builder.com/

I was using it just last night to :math: at my Sobek Riven (still stuck on +damage, +cold, -infested)

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
Man, i can't wait for thanksgiving break. gonna give me enough time to get to leveling up my weapons and frames. still haven't blasted through fortuna yet (since i got my rear end whooped by the enemies out there. freaking piercing damage.)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ElegantFugue posted:

http://warframe-builder.com/

I was using it just last night to :math: at my Sobek Riven (still stuck on +damage, +cold, -infested)

Thanks, still having trouble making sense of it though. I'm a little confused on the difference between Total damage, burst damage, and sustained damage.

For the Cycron, I'm going to be using it in short bursts alternated with a condition overload glaive, so ideally I want to be proccing statuses or stripping armor with the Cycron.

With 2 60/60s and 2 90 mods, the multishot riven has much higher damage but abysmal status chance. The status chance riven brings it to 92% which seems pretty good for a beam weapon. It's almost neck and neck with burst damage but falls behind in the sustained and total damage categories compared to the multishot riven.

If I take the multishot riven and mod the weapon for 100% status chance with 4 60/60s, the damage output does fall immensely compared to the status chance riven.

Considering my priority is status, and I'm going to only be firing it in short bursts, does that mean the status/fire rate one is superior? Is there a big difference between 92% and 100% status on a beam weapon or would it be mostly negligible?

Rivens make my head hurt.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Why is the Gammacor only 1 dispo? Is it really that popular? I managed to get a riven for it after spending a week hunting Dargyn's and was surprised to see its dispo be that low.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Thanks, still having trouble making sense of it though. I'm a little confused on the difference between Total damage, burst damage, and sustained damage.
Total damage is average damage per shot/ammo consumed, burst is emptying the magazine as fast as possible, and sustained factors in reloads.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Helter Skelter posted:

Total damage is average damage per shot/ammo consumed, burst is emptying the magazine as fast as possible, and sustained factors in reloads.

Cheers, that helps clear things up a lot. In that case, and considering how I'm using the weapon, I think the Status Chance and Fire Rate riven is superior after crunching too many numbers. I'm dumping the mag, glaive-ing, dumping the mag, glaive-ing, etc.

Now I just want a Falcor riven to grapple with and I can be throwing neon lasers everywhere.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Spudd posted:

Why is the Gammacor only 1 dispo? Is it really that popular? I managed to get a riven for it after spending a week hunting Dargyn's and was surprised to see its dispo be that low.

The Synoid Gammacor is immensely popular for its syndicate proc, and all Gammacors share disposition. It's one of those secondaries used a lot by energy hungry frames.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Pick what ends up being fun, imo. Sure, max fire rate grakatas aren't the most optimal way to build them, but they're fun as hell to me so gently caress what the calculators say.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Been using aksomatis with lethal torrent and arcane velocity, extremely fun but also extremely where did all my ammo go?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Ooooh my. So I just made the Twin Basolk. Turns out it only takes 3 60/60 status mods to get it to 100%! Which means a Condition Overload build only needs 4 slots, with 4 left over for customization.

Any suggestions on which is the best Dual Swords stance? Because these babies need some pampering. I already have Swirling Tiger and Crossing Snakes, only one I'm missing is Carving Mantis.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spudd posted:

Synoid Gammacor used to be even more ridiculous back in the day, but it flew too close to the sun and said "Rakta Ballista sux btw" so jealous Devs nerfed it.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reapplied for the goon clan, didn't touch the game for a while due to real life and got removed.

Sprechensiesexy fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 15, 2018

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Reapplied for the goon clan, didn't touch the game for a while due to real life.

welcome back fellow goon! i just reapplied too after i lost my older account. been having a blast.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I bought saturated colors and the gaudiest silly cape i could find so i've already run out of dumb ways to spend stuff. I've got some frame plans now but i'm still planet-locked away from the places the required materials (control modules and sensors) drop. I've been trying a handful of weapons but none seem as fun and fitting to my playstyle than the shotgun (despite its awful name). Is it a terrible idea to just sell those (non-potatoed) weapons that don't gel with me at all to free up the slots or is re-getting them more of a pain/expensive than the slot they take up? Should i keep them around for when i keep other frames that have better synergies?

I also tried to look up how to get potatoes "regularly" and apparently the blueprint alone is a 2.5% drop for a daily quest that you can only access near the end-game? Guess that makes the stuff i'm after look downright limitless.

Also i've been completely neglecting mods (or upgrading them) and been mostly coasting on auto-filling them every now and then. Just from how overwhelming that system is i can tell it's going to be the majority of character building, but right now it seems half the options are either destructive (as i have no idea what mods are safe to melt down/merge to the next tier) or possibly too expensive for the drain/upgrade trade-off. I assume duplicates are safe to melt down but maybe i got an expensive one that's better for trading (very unlikely)? Game doesn't seem to give any pointers, most of the tutorials i find mostly explain what the systems do but not why and when to do it. Granted, that'S probably too situational/build dependent anyway.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 15, 2018

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

FZeroRacer posted:

weapons that do well at extremely high levels will also do well at really low levels like you mentioned, which means if you really like a gun you can guarantee that it won't be useless at certain points.

I'm not sure I entirely agree. High damage per shot weapons / slow fire rate (e.g., snipers, charged weapons, tigris) are often iffy at low levels. You waste too much damage.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I also tried to look up how to get potatoes "regularly" and apparently the blueprint alone is a 2.5% drop for a daily quest that you can only access near the end-game? Guess that makes the stuff i'm after look downright limitless.

Don't worry about potatoes, there are alerts and invasions for potatoes more often than you think (often at least once a week, a few weeks back there were 4 or so reactors available). Whenever there's a devstream as well (every 2 weeks or so) there's always a potato alert as well.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
:siren: Okay goons! Plat fairy and Fortuna combine to form a kitgun that shoots charity! :siren:

So. Eight ( 8 ) Goons (inc AkGoons) on PC (sorry) get a 3 Day Resource Booster to help start off your Venusian grind.

If you want to claim, In-Game-Name , Date you want to approximately receive the gift on are required. My only request is that you also tell us your best Moa or Kitgun name you have prepared for when you can afford to make and name one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I bought saturated colors and the gaudiest silly cape i could find so i've already run out of dumb ways to spend stuff. I've got some frame plans now but i'm still planet-locked away from the places the required materials (control modules and sensors) drop. I've been trying a handful of weapons but none seem as fun and fitting to my playstyle than the shotgun (despite its awful name). Is it a terrible idea to just sell those (non-potatoed) weapons that don't gel with me at all to free up the slots or is re-getting them more of a pain/expensive than the slot they take up? Should i keep them around for when i keep other frames that have better synergies?

Sell weapons that you don't like or if they aren't good and don't worry about it. There are only a handful of unique weapons that can't reaquired if you change your mind about it.

Catalysts and reactors drop from regular alerts as well as invasions. One of those missions will happen after every dev stream, so tomorrow. I think that you can also buy them from the market with platinum.