Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Retro42 posted:

Is my squad the only one mesh mining vehicle doors(not on them, on the grass by the door)? It reliably nets a kill or two a night.

That is genius and I never thought to do that. Guess what I'm doing tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Javes posted:

MX9 is insane now with high cal.

Always just assumed high cal was a waste? I mean with rapid fire are you actively going for headshots or just relying on the upward spray. Just prestiged and have been using it since it’s the first unlock. Definitely seems better. Still trying to find out what attachments work best, laser sight doesn’t seem like it’s worth it.

GKS is still really good but pretty much just an AR lets be real

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Are they ever going to unfuck the netcode? There's only so many times you can catch someone sitting still, facing the wrong way, reloading, and dumping 6 rampart shots into their face only to have them kill you during their reload animation somehow before you just have to put the game down for a while. I understand that the game is fast but "get shot and instantly killed by someone in the middle of reloading" has been happening all day.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Ok another patch, cool.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Retro42 posted:

Is my squad the only one mesh mining vehicle doors(not on them, on the grass by the door)? It reliably nets a kill or two a night.

I ran into a mesh mine trap yesterday where someone had put them up at the train tunnel, so I hit the beam and blew up when driving through on an ATV.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Are they ever going to unfuck the netcode? There's only so many times you can catch someone sitting still, facing the wrong way, reloading, and dumping 6 rampart shots into their face only to have them kill you during their reload animation somehow before you just have to put the game down for a while. I understand that the game is fast but "get shot and instantly killed by someone in the middle of reloading" has been happening all day.

I dunno man, to me, this game has pretty great netcode. Maybe in the best 5% of console games.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

zapplez posted:

I dunno man, to me, this game has pretty great netcode. Maybe in the best 5% of console games.

I’m still getting some lame crashes but this has been some of the best netcode I’ve seen by COD standards. Still see dudes teleporting around a bit and flanking ya but that’s it

Puckish Rogue posted:

Ok another patch, cool.

Yeah if y’all were planning on playing today go ahead and start your PS4 up when ya get home and do something else while you wait the hours it takes for it to copy/apply the patch

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game has awful netcode, but I doubt Treyarch will do anything about it unless the MLG crowd complains. Reddit feedback is ramping up, so maybe that will help?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Netcode has progressively gotten worse since launch.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

One of the top reddit posts rn is about making skins accessible in-game somehow, not just by points.

Which I completely agree with. This game is great fun, but I’m baffled in 2018 they didn’t go for a free DLC model with cosmetic item purchases. :homebrew:

Of course nothing is going to change but 🤷🏽‍♀️

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There is a really big difference between netcode, servers, and lovely clients.

COD spends a ton of having a good netcode. Its written well, its lag compensation is good, it makes a fun experience for 95% of the players of all pings, etc etc.

In the console era its probably the best netcode along with Halo.

That being said, COD launches have had some TERRRIBLE server problems, and the fact you have hicks in alabama playing on 56k, random connections with people from iceland, etc etc, you get some weird teleporting.

Its not counterstrike , near perfect PC netcode, buts its great for a console game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

zapplez posted:

it makes a fun experience for 95% of the players of all pings, etc etc.

In the console

Citation needed.

Bonus points if it's not from Activision's PR.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish Blackout or even better, PS4 parties had a button I could push to temporarily mute everyone. It seems like every time I hear footsteps someone starts talking and it completely muffles them and ruins my situational awareness.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I wish I could mute people before the game starts. I love listening when people have some real Jerry Springer poo poo going on but sometimes they’re just loud and boring.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

^ yeah global muting is annoying. Should be an easier way. Plus you cannot see the players at the start to go mute them individually, so if they’re screeching or playing loud music you have to deal with it for a bit. I still leave global mute off because I’m a pleb that likes to communicate with the team, even if we have a group of 2-3

New patch notes

quote:

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 update 1.06 Patch Notes

Fixed freezing and stuttering issues.

Black Ops 4 version 1.06 added various bug fixes and improvements.

Stability and performance improvements. Added fixes for multiplayer mode.

Gameplay improvements added with Black Ops 4 1.06.

Added various other under the hood improvements with Black Ops 4 version 1.06

Small patch but takes forever to copy per usual

PC players on reddit seem pissed—having a lot of crashes now? But yeah, not sure where people get that buying COD on PC is ever a good idea.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I wish Blackout or even better, PS4 parties had a button I could push to temporarily mute everyone. It seems like every time I hear footsteps someone starts talking and it completely muffles them and ruins my situational awareness.

Always use PS4 party chat. Either you can invite the good teammates to it or never have to hear the bad ones.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Never Listen To Gamers

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Retro42 posted:

Always use PS4 party chat. Either you can invite the good teammates to it or never have to hear the bad ones.

I do. I always play with goons and irl friends. Still doesn't mean someone isn't going to be talking over what you are trying to listen to. I've actually asked people to stop talking a few times, but I feel like an rear end and it's usually too late by the time people figure out why I just told them to stop talking. Wish I could just push a button to mute everyone for 5 seconds so I could listen to footsteps.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 15, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

bro blackout is mostly chill chit chat gossip time

Guess I’m playing it wrong

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

They made that change to them for MLG. Despite having its own playlist of rules, Treyarch is implementing MLG changes in all game modes!

Thom and the Heads posted:

Never Listen To Gamers

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You should never feel bad about asking people to shut up so you can hear possible footsteps.

Anyone who doesn't shut up or feels slighted for being asked to shut up is wrong.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TMMadman posted:

You should never feel bad about asking people to shut up so you can hear possible footsteps.

Anyone who doesn't shut up or feels slighted for being asked to shut up is wrong.

Everyone is always super cool about it. It just takes like 5 seconds to get everyone to stop and by that time the lead is usually flying.

I like BS'ing in BO as much as the next guy I wish I could just briefly turn it off with the ease of a game function because I want to be able to listen to footsteps without having to rally the troops first. I know it's not realistically a game/party function that would ever be added cause it's so situational it wouldn't make any sense. Just wishing it was a thing.

Here's a pretty good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9y25i-csW8

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It's just weird. Every third game or so it'll feel like everything comes together as you'd expect. You know when you screwed up, you know when you did well, and you can tell what you should do next time.

Then the next game you get whiplash because you get the drop on people with your titan and they whip around and kill you with an smg before the second shot leaves your gun. But on the kill cam, ah, actually you never fired or even looked at him at all. He just fired one bullet that caused six hit markers all at once.

I'm guessing this is a perennial problem with CoDs then. I have the best connection I can get in Collegetown Bibleville, Louisiana but Comcast gonna Comcast.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgpenjw2VYk :allears:

21-2 in Morocco [Gun Game]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMpXNOO5WwI

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 15, 2018

ecdub22
Jul 9, 2008

I'm going to crush all opposition in this thread.

:siren: -=+ 54i +=- :siren:
Pillbug

I'm happy to be vindicated, kinda.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

rude af

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Thom and the Heads posted:

Never Listen To Gamers

Should be this forum's name.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

I like how we all stopped laughing and it was completely silent for a second after he executed him then we all lost it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I did this yesterday too. It can happen to anyone!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I did this yesterday too. It can happen to anyone!

I’ve done it too...

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoredBumblingTrayBrokeBack

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Weapons level up way too slowly after level 10. I wanted to get the dual saugs but I'm gonna prestige before this thing gets to max level :(

Maybe I'll waste my first unlock token on the saug 9mm. It's one of the very late unlocks anyway at 52. I forgot when the "use operator mod" wildcard unlocks but it should be much earlier.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Superanos posted:

Weapons level up way too slowly after level 10. I wanted to get the dual saugs but I'm gonna prestige before this thing gets to max level :(

Maybe I'll waste my first unlock token on the saug 9mm. It's one of the very late unlocks anyway at 52. I forgot when the "use operator mod" wildcard unlocks but it should be much earlier.

They broke those now, there's no point.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Grappling is always good for a laugh (not my play)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoyfg1qIpjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W9_R4KaerU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4G1NBWO7Yo

e: finally remembered to upload this, this is how I control streaks/wingsuit with XIM (set the activation key to whatever is convenient,). Aiming with Mantis still isn't great.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 15, 2018

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Wait are people itt not doing deadpan jokes about using a xim? Lmao

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Gordon Shumway posted:

I ran into a mesh mine trap yesterday where someone had put them up at the train tunnel, so I hit the beam and blew up when driving through on an ATV.
Somebody put them in the covered bridge by Rivertown which is a hilarious dick move. And I got a down the other night by putting one in the driveway on BO2 Estates between the garage and the house :laugh:

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
what's a vechile

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A valid lock on target for a Hellion?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Taking out an entire team with a Helion owns

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't imagine playing with a mouse/keyboard on console and feeling competitive.

It's like playing your 4 year old brother at tekken and you gave him the madcatz controller. Also you are 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Some people absolutely wreck on controller. I finally sold out and dusted my xim off and hooked it all up. KDR went way up, big surprise.

All that said, as a xim user once again, I’d be absolutely fine with a mouse/keyboard/xim console ban for FPS across the board