Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

No games with guns please

Bayonetta is allowed to have guns though

What if we make a Mario game. With guns. And it’s real good???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hmm, but we need a hook. How about a sassy rabbit who takes selfies?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Hutzpah posted:

Only if you have a prescription for it. Just ask your friendly neighborhood physician.

I guess I could just scratch out amoxicillin and write this in.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lazer g.U.N'S don't count

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Thought ARMS days were numbered? Think again!

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1063084255276945409

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should call these Slapfests

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Thought ARMS days were numbered? Think again!

Did they ever start?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They should call these Slapfests

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Volte posted:

Imagine a Cyberdemon walking smoothly towards you and smoothly raising his rocket arm and doing whatever other bullshit animation he'd probably be doing these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcY_DsxqJvc&t=30s

You don't have to imagine it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-X0-t7Ng1s

Looks pretty cool, but I get the point you were driving at

edit: If you can find DOOM 2016 for Switch this season on the cheap, I recommend it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on sale, it's certainly old enough now.

edit: I can't wait for Pokemon tomorrow. I'm feeling real optimistic about this one.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 15, 2018

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've actually heard enough of really positive feedback about the Pokeball Plus that I'm looking forward to it as well. I hope future games utilize it!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have 4 controllers now, so, if there are any 'must-have' 4-player games let me know? My wife really doesn't like super-reflexy competitive video games but does like match-3's for instance, so something like 'racing' won't be her kind of thing, but if mario kart is 100% the best party game I'll get it. I saw mario party the other day and it looked p.good. How do the two compare? Is there anything else?

redreader fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 15, 2018

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

redreader posted:

I have 4 controllers now, so, if there are any 'must-have' 4-player games let me know? My wife really doesn't like super-relexy competitive video games but does like match-3's for instance, so something like 'racing' won't be her kind of thing, but if mario kart is 100% the best party game I'll get it. I saw mario party the other day and it looked p.good. How do the two compare? Is there anything else?

Overcooked (1 or 2 tbh), Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Mario Party

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Diablo makes me fall asleep

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Does Civ 6 have a lot of "campaign" content? I've only played small amounts of Civ games at friend's houses before and they seem fun but I think I would get bored if there isn't a lot of structured content.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

THE loving MOON posted:

You don't have to imagine it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-X0-t7Ng1s

Looks pretty cool, but I get the point you were driving at

edit: If you can find DOOM 2016 for Switch this season on the cheap, I recommend it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on sale, it's certainly old enough now.
Yeah exactly, it looks cool and is very well animated, but it's predictable and choreographed by design, where the original Cyberdemon was an abstract jittering nightmare. A translation of the original Cyberdemon (AI and all) to a modern 3D environment would look stupid, not scary, and that goes for pretty much any sprite-based AI-controlled character, which I think is why a lot of older games feel scarier than newer games. It's not the art itself, it's the loss of abstraction that goes with more realistic graphics. The scariest enemy in any game is Phanto from Mario 2.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Artic Puma posted:

Does Civ 6 have a lot of "campaign" content? I've only played small amounts of Civ games at friend's houses before and they seem fun but I think I would get bored if there isn't a lot of structured content.

there are a couple of scenarios but they're not all that interesting and the bulk of them came via dlc and i dunno what their plans are for that stuff in the port

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Over There posted:

Bayonetta 1: Long Hair

Bayonetta 2: Short Hair

Bayonetta 3: Alopecia?

it's gonna be a ponytail. I feel it in my bones. Bayonetta will have a ponytail, making Bayonetta automatically GotY

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I pre-ordered the PokeBall Eevee edition from the gamestop right by my job months ago. Of course luck being what it is, I will not be at work tomorrow due to an appointment I have to attend elsewhere. Are the PokeBalls going to be super limited? I'd rather be able to just get one local to me versus making the hour plus round trip out by my workplace on Friday night.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Artic Puma posted:

There's four scenarios included in the Switch version, each covering a historical event like the Viking invasion of Europe or the settlement of Australia, and each lasting around 60 turns or so.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I’m super addicted to diablo 3 all over again :(

I got a switch with what was left of my Xmas bonus on Sunday and haven’t played anything but D3 since.

I really want civ 6 but no ride & fall expansion?? What the gently caress is that bullshit??

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Barudak posted:

Top of head bald, rest of body including face and hands covered in hair

I'M the star of Bayo 3?

Over There posted:

Did they ever start?

It was still more fun than SFV, admittedly a low bar.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gripweed posted:

it's gonna be a ponytail. I feel it in my bones. Bayonetta will have a ponytail, making Bayonetta automatically GotY

I want her to have Bo Derek cornrows

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

How is Project Highrise?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

bayonetta's hair will be a pompadour but shaped like a gun

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want her to have Bo Derek cornrows

Hightop fade with her name buzzed into the back of it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I was gonna say afro, but then

CYBEReris posted:

bayonetta's hair will be a pompadour but shaped like a gun

Either that or Marge Simpson hair.

ed: Who's the Homer Simpson of video games? Smash Bros in particular.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I was gonna say afro, but then

Either that or Marge Simpson hair.

ed: Who's the Homer Simpson of video games? Smash Bros in particular.

probably Dedede

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

redreader posted:

I have 4 controllers now, so, if there are any 'must-have' 4-player games let me know? My wife really doesn't like super-reflexy competitive video games but does like match-3's for instance, so something like 'racing' won't be her kind of thing, but if mario kart is 100% the best party game I'll get it. I saw mario party the other day and it looked p.good. How do the two compare? Is there anything else?

If she likes tile matching games and you're looking for a 4p game then puyo puyo tetris might be for you. There's a demo which gives you a pretty good feel for the game so you don't have to waste money experimenting.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m really excited for Pokémon tomorrow. I tried getting into X and Sun but gave up due to finding the 3DS super un-ergonomic for long games. I’m really excited to return to Kanto. I skipped FireRed/LeafGreen so this will be the first time returning since the GB games.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

redreader posted:

Tumblestone is pretty great, and a 4-player puzzler to boot.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Brother Entropy posted:

there are a couple of scenarios but they're not all that interesting and the bulk of them came via dlc and i dunno what their plans are for that stuff in the port

It's coming with a bunch of dlc:

quote:

Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch includes the latest game updates and improvements and four pieces of additional content which adds four new civilizations, leaders, and scenarios:
Vikings Scenario Pack
Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
gently caress yeah Super Hydorah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes rated for Australian release!

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...A0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Guys help me my backlog isn't big enough: is Victor Vran any good?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

Supposedly Phantasy Star drops today.

Doesn't look like it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheHoosier posted:

Guys help me my backlog isn't big enough: is Victor Vran any good?

Not really. Get diablo.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Is there a real Mahjong game on the switch or is it all just solitaire?

I want to pung on these haters, as the kids say

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DetoxP posted:

Is there a real Mahjong game on the switch or is it all just solitaire?

I want to pung on these haters, as the kids say

I haven't tried it but apparently there is.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There are several on the japanese eshop, also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
who decided to start calling that solitaire thing mahjong anyway