Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Avalerion posted:

Next thing someone will claim that all those useless baby Pokemon they keep adding aren't a total waste of space. :psyduck:

They haven't added a baby Pokemon since gen 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Avalerion posted:

Next thing someone will claim that all those useless baby Pokemon they keep adding aren't a total waste of space. :psyduck:

They haven’t added new baby Pokémon since Diamond and Pearl.

Also, 18 species out of almost 1000 is hardly a big deal. They’re cute and marketable.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
babies are good because theyre cute, and cute is power

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Zore posted:

There's tons of pokemon that are cute and really strong.

Murkrow

what's Murkrow good at?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

what's Murkrow good at?

cuteness

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bleck posted:

I haven't suggested or endorsed any particular solutions, I just think Cute Pokemon Aren't Also Very Weak is not somehow a problem with the game

It's folks like you that are the reason they're too cowardly to give us Gorochu.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

absolutely anything posted:

babies are good because theyre cute, and cute is power

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Avalerion posted:

I want those unused babies from the GS beta to become realized

I want my baby Paras, Meowth, Tangela, Doduo, Girafarig, Ponyta, Grimer, and Growlithe,

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Vinylshadow posted:

I want my baby Paras, Meowth, Tangela, Doduo, Girafarig, Ponyta, Grimer, and Growlithe,

[slamming the table] same! same!!

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Pre-evo Pokemon make my horrendously awful breeding 5iv projects that much longer.

You can breed Pokemon egged from their parents but not babies ? Pfft. Then again I take that all back. That's gross.

Like baby Pokemon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mordor She Wrote posted:

what's Murkrow good at?

Prankster stuff. Mostly priority Mirror Move (which has a really good Z-Move) and some strong STAB in Brave Bird and Sucker Punch.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I'm glad Eevee is godly in this game and look forward to wrecking poo poo with it tbh

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's hosed up that my mandatory best friend can never grow up because it's "more marketable" as a juvenile.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bongo Bill posted:

It's hosed up that my mandatory best friend can never grow up because it's "more marketable" as a juvenile.

dump that idiot in a box asap.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Houle posted:

Pre-evo Pokemon make my horrendously awful breeding 5iv projects that much longer.

You can breed Pokemon egged from their parents but not babies ? Pfft. Then again I take that all back. That's gross.

Like baby Pokemon.

How can you say no to these beauts?

Look at these round bois

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

:same: for the first three. Nah to the Doduo one. I don't believe Girafarig had one unless you mean the two headed ghost. I could go either way on the last three.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

How can you say no to these beauts?

Look at these round bois

...given the content of my quoted post....in what context are you asking me?

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

I don't understand this sentiment when instead you could have a more badass parasect, persian, tangrowth, etc. instead.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Brick Shipment posted:

I don't understand this sentiment when instead you could have a more badass parasect, persian, tangrowth, etc. instead.

Those are never cute

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Brick Shipment posted:

cute things are stronger than strong things

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Andrast posted:

Those are never cute

false Parasect is adorable.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Parasect is cu...

quote:

The bug host is drained of energy by the mushrooms on its back. They appear to do all the thinking.
When nothing's left to extract from the bug, the mushrooms on its back leave spores on the bug's egg.
The bug is mostly dead, with the mushroom on its back having become the main body. If the mushroom comes off, the bug stops moving.

Nevermind!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordor She Wrote posted:

false Parasect is adorable.

Yeah but the hypothetical third form would definitely gently caress it up!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If they'd been introduced back then, we'd have grown up with breeding them and probably wouldn't be as opposed to it as we are now

Granted, most pokemon that people breed competitively don't have baby forms to begin with, and there's a plethora of ways to swiftly hatch eggs and induce friendship/level-based evolutions in a matter of...what, at most a few days of time and effort?

How many eggs did people go through in the days of the GBA/DS era?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Andrast posted:

Yeah but the hypothetical third form would definitely gently caress it up!

Parasects third evolution should just be a giant mushroom.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Parasects third evolution should just be a giant mushroom.

And you get a Shedinja-like bug/ghost type too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Which pokemon have cute tier 3 evolutions?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Andrast posted:

Goomy/Goodra
Turtwig/Torterra
Cleffa/Clefable
Igglybuff/Wigglytuff
Oddish/Bellossum
Chikorita/Meganium
Hoppip/Jumpluff
Swinub/Mamoswine
Trapinch/Flygon
Sewaddle/Leavanny
Solosis/Reuinclus
Deino/Hydreigon
Bounsweet/Tsareena

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Andrast posted:

Raichu
Clefable
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Bellossom
Togekiss
Reuniclus
Goodra
Primarina

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Humans can be the cutest Pokemon of all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

Beautifly is cute

Goodra rules

I think Toucannon is super cute just because a pissed off toucan is adorable to me

Reuniclus is a squishy cute mon that's entire line always gets forgotten but is easily one of my favorite psychics

Mamoswine is literally just a big cuddly mammoth that grows out of two cuddly pigs

Blissey/Togekiss are cute but their baby forms are the cutest form they have

Eelektross should be on the list but I defy you to tell me you remember this pokemon existed at all or can name its other forms without a wiki, I don't even remember it's mid form and I like the thing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

Eelektross should be on the list but I defy you to tell me you remember this pokemon existed at all or can name its other forms without a wiki, I don't even remember it's mid form and I like the thing

Yeah I had no memory of Eelektoss

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

sexpig by night posted:

Tympone and Eelektrik?
(checks)
Looks like my brain mixed up the names of Tynamo and Tympole.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Eelektross should be fairly memorable on account of being the only pokemon with no weakness.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Avalerion posted:

Eelektross should be fairly memorable on account of being the only pokemon with no weakness.

It's the ultimate pointless trivia pokemon to remember. It has no weaknesses and actually has a neat design in its line based off a cool eel/hagfish style but it's just so lame mechanically and overshadowed by almost any other electric type that people forget it.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Tynamo and Eelektrik?

Fake edit: one good thing about baby Pokémon is catching wild 3IV Azurills, Budews, etc. in X/Y

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

Eelektross rules and is one of my go to examples for why Gen V hosed everything up. Its a Magikarp that evolves at level 39 and then needs a stone evo on top of that.

It also had one of the best transitions to 3D.

Swimmy boi :3:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bongo Bill posted:

Raichu
Clefable
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Bellossom
Togekiss
Reuniclus
Goodra
Primarina

sexpig by night posted:

Beautifly is cute

Goodra rules

I think Toucannon is super cute just because a pissed off toucan is adorable to me

Reuniclus is a squishy cute mon that's entire line always gets forgotten but is easily one of my favorite psychics

Mamoswine is literally just a big cuddly mammoth that grows out of two cuddly pigs

Blissey/Togekiss are cute but their baby forms are the cutest form they have

You will rue the day you left out Wigglytuff

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hustlin Floh posted:

You will rue the day you left out Wigglytuff

Oh right, pretend I put Wigglytuff in the same category as Blissey/Togekiss of 'cute but the earlier stages are cuter'

Zore posted:

Eelektross rules and is one of my go to examples for why Gen V hosed everything up. Its a Magikarp that evolves at level 39 and then needs a stone evo on top of that.

It also had one of the best transitions to 3D.

Swimmy boi :3:

oh my god I forgot that it was a 39 level gap between 'tiny cute eel that knows like three moves' and it's second stage.

Why do you hate the humble hagfish/eel, GF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So apparently Delia Ketchum’s Mr. Mime is a girl.