Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you don’t start Eric Ebron you’re going to lose all your fancy fooseball games, it’s as simple as that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Somehow I was the only person who put in a claim on Ebron this week.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

weird Asian candy posted:

In other news some woman in my money league just picked up the Bengals defense and I just can't even...

I mean, in theory it makes sense to pick up whomever is playing against Lamar Jackson in his first game or RG3 in his last.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ben Nevis posted:

I mean, in theory it makes sense to pick up whomever is playing against Lamar Jackson in his first game or RG3 in his last.

Yeah, but aren't they like in historically bad territory?

Just looking at their weekly logs and half the weeks (in our scoring) they have been in the negatives :v:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Just looking at their weekly logs and half the weeks (in our scoring) they have been in the negatives :v:

Oh sure. There's limits to theory. I could start for Arizona this weekend and I'd still not play the Oakland D.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Must be your scoring they do alright in my league. Ranked 13th out of data. We award points for 4th down stops and 3 n outs tho.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So if Chris Carson plays tonight, who would you drop Penny for?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So if Chris Carson plays tonight, who would you drop Penny for?

Todd Gurley?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ben Nevis posted:

Oh sure. There's limits to theory. I could start for Arizona this weekend and I'd still not play the Oakland D.

Hey, I was the guy that said 'if there was any week to play Oakland's DEF it is this week' when they were playing the 49ers so I applaud your risk taking!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I did it, I traded for Dion Lewis. So, ROS, my team is:

QBs: Phillip Rivers, Dak Prescott
RBs: Dalvin Cook, Dion Lewis, Chris Carson, Matt Breida, Chris Thompson, D'Onta Foreman (IR)
WRs: Hopkins, Adams, Shepard, Tyrell Williams
TEs: Engram, Ebron
DEF: Bears, Vikings.

This has been an unusual year and I made a lot of calls I wouldn't normally do, but I think this team is formidable enough to carry me into at least the second round of the playoffs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Todd Gurley?

Seconding this

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Somehow I was the only person who put in a claim on Ebron this week.

What crazy circumstances led to the #3 TE being on the wire?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Vargo posted:

I did it, I traded for Dion Lewis. So, ROS, my team is:

QBs: Phillip Rivers, Dak Prescott
RBs: Dalvin Cook, Dion Lewis, Chris Carson, Matt Breida, Chris Thompson, D'Onta Foreman (IR)
WRs: Hopkins, Adams, Shepard, Tyrell Williams
TEs: Engram, Ebron
DEF: Bears, Vikings.

This has been an unusual year and I made a lot of calls I wouldn't normally do, but I think this team is formidable enough to carry me into at least the second round of the playoffs.

Is this the league required to roster 2 QB’s, 2 TE’s, and 2 D/ST?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jose Valasquez posted:

What crazy circumstances led to the #3 TE being on the wire?

He's been available for 2 weeks now, i was waffling on picking him up as an FA just in case Njoku didn't play last week. I have no idea how this happened.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Inspector_666 posted:

He's been available for 2 weeks now, i was waffling on picking him up as an FA just in case Njoku didn't play last week. I have no idea how this happened.

Is there a team that's just quit on the season? The pubbie league I joined for shots and giggles has two teams with bad records (3-7 and 0-10) with a bunch of IR'ed and just bad players on their rosters. Their owners are homeland so haven't been competing for replacements, so the WW in that one still has a bunch of serviceable WRs and even an RB or two.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Probably got dropped on the Colts bye and then didn't get picked up because Doyle came back. Or just nobody noticed.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah he got dropped on Oct 31st, and I guess the teams at the bottom (1-9 and 2-8) have just given up because one has Bell still on their bench, and the other has Gronk as their only TE while also having a K and DST on their bench. I'm just shocked that after last week nobody else in the playoff hunt even put in a claim.

I'm actually up against the Doyle owner this week.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Alfalfa posted:

Is this the league required to roster 2 QB’s, 2 TE’s, and 2 D/ST?

No, those are some of the weird decisions I made this year. I've been hoarding MIN/CHI defenses all year which has worked out well. I've had two TEs since Engram was hurt and I grabbed Njoku, who I traded for Ebron. Dak I just picked up this week because I didn't want anyone else to have him and I miiiiight play him over Rivers?

I will probably try to offload at least a TE and QB this week before the deadline. There isn't much on the waiver wire that interests me right now, but I have a few droppable options in case I decide to grab David Moore or something, or if Foreman comes back.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a big bench in my dynasty and on it I have Carson, Penny and Mike Davis and you know what I'm just gonna watch how this poo poo plays out

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Vargo posted:

No, those are some of the weird decisions I made this year. I've been hoarding MIN/CHI defenses all year which has worked out well. I've had two TEs since Engram was hurt and I grabbed Njoku, who I traded for Ebron. Dak I just picked up this week because I didn't want anyone else to have him and I miiiiight play him over Rivers?

I will probably try to offload at least a TE and QB this week before the deadline. There isn't much on the waiver wire that interests me right now, but I have a few droppable options in case I decide to grab David Moore or something, or if Foreman comes back.

I’m playing Dak over Cousins this week. Still not sure how I feel about it but he’s hot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

Todd Gurley?

Already got him so I'm good.

I suppose I should put a bit more context into that question. This is my team. Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1DST/1FLX. It looked a lot stronger before Kupp got hurt and Green stubbed his toe.

QB: Kirk Cousins, Lamar Jackson
RB: Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, Austin Ekeler, Nick Chubb, Rashad Penny
WR: Julio Jones, John Brown, Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon, AJ Green
TE: Trey Burton
DST: Bears

I'm at the top of the standings and have a very good chance of making the playoffs, but the league is really strong and I enjoy a constant state of apprehension. So I'm wondering what moves to consider. Here are some BPA:

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Theo Riddick, TJ Yeldon, Giovani Bernard, Jamaal Williams, Spencer Ware, Ty Montgomery, Devonta Freeman (eligible Week 15)
DST: Rams, Broncos

WR and TE are basically a wasteland. Maybe Ricky Seals-Jones.

Lamar Jackson has a stomach bug so I might drop him anyway.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mixon was a LP today so Gio may be worth a stash.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Drop Ekeler for Gio? I don't really need either one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chernabog posted:

Drop Ekeler for Gio? I don't really need either one.

I feel like Ekeler still has some flex value. Who else do you have to drop?

I dropped Lamar Jackson for Bernard.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Crowell or Sutton.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Ekeler has 6 or fewer PPR points in the last 3 games that Melvin Gordon has played. He's not startable imo

I think he's still skating on the perception he garnered from his big first 2 weeks, but he has put up mediocre to bad scores since that point.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, that's why I have been thinking of dropping him and I dont have MG.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
So, somehow I’ve taken this atrocious group of RBs (aside from Hunt), and QB streaming, along to 7-3, 2nd place and 2 games up in my division. Trade deadline has passed, and I keep getting boned on resetting waivers. 12-team, .5 PPR, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, W/R/T Flex

Fitzmagic
Hunt, McCoy, Crowell, Freeman
Julio, Diggs, Jeffrey, Edelman, Marvin Jones, Ridley
Kittle, Engram

Currently the “best available” RBs on the wire:

Anyone here I should be adding ASAP?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I need to drop someone for an IDP but I can't decide so please choose for me:

Cobb
D.Westbrook
Koutee
Lavonte David

I'm doing the dumb thing where I know I should drop Cobb but I'm unable to because of the name recognition. David could potentially be missing time with a sprained MCL but I feel like he's worth a stash.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Randall Cobb and never ever ever ever look back. More than half of his season long yardage came in week one (all 4 games since then he has 40 or fewer receiving yards)

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Would you give up Josh Rosen for Derek Carr and a 2019 1st in a dynasty 2qb league? My other QBs are all trash and I'm in a big rebuild. I already have three first rounders next year, but this one will be earlier.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Would you give up Josh Rosen for Derek Carr and a 2019 1st in a dynasty 2qb league? My other QBs are all trash and I'm in a big rebuild. I already have three first rounders next year, but this one will be earlier.

Yes

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Rick Grimes posted:

So, somehow I’ve taken this atrocious group of RBs (aside from Hunt), and QB streaming, along to 7-3, 2nd place and 2 games up in my division. Trade deadline has passed, and I keep getting boned on resetting waivers. 12-team, .5 PPR, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, W/R/T Flex

Fitzmagic
Hunt, McCoy, Crowell, Freeman
Julio, Diggs, Jeffrey, Edelman, Marvin Jones, Ridley
Kittle, Engram

Currently the “best available” RBs on the wire:

Anyone here I should be adding ASAP?

Drop Engram for Gio

Err why do you still have Freeman rostered? Drop him for Gio

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

My team name makes sense again!!

Here's my other league, I'm on the right on both

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 15, 2018

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Spoeank posted:

Randall Cobb and never ever ever ever look back. More than half of his season long yardage came in week one (all 4 games since then he has 40 or fewer receiving yards)

You're a good man. You all are good men.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Week 11 and we haven’t done one yet this year.

Record check and feel free to gripe about why it’s that.

My most important leagues (*on track to make playoffs)
5-5* - redraft/keeper
7-3* - redraft
7-3* - redraft
4-6 (lead league points scored by 100 but catch everyone on their best day) - redraft
9-4* (we play double headers first 3 weeks) - dynasty
8-2* - dynasty
7-3* - dynasty
6-4* - dynasty

In the leagues I’m getting out of next season because I’m in too many:

2-8 - redraft
5-5 - dynasty
1-9 - dynasty
3-10 - dynasty

I ended up in way too many leagues this year and my brain is fried trying to figure it all out especially on the dynasty side.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
8-2* - 12 team Dynasty
7-3* - 8 team Redraft w/ neighborhood tacos
6-4* - 12 team superflex Deep keeper, #2 in points for.
5-5 - 14 Team Long term redraft, rapidly approaching parity 5 teams at 5-5, but I'm the points leader, with a favorable game this week. I think I've got this
5-5 - 12 teamRedraft w/ buddy's work, probably going to make it in this one. 8 team playoff and a handful have checked out, so should be able to.
28th of 32 - Goon Fish Bowl This was just awful. Not every choice I made was a bad one, but a lot were.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm in 3 leagues as of a few hours ago.

Goon Beer League (redraft) 12-team
7-3

I have no idea how I got here. Last I checked this team was top 3 or so in points for but also top 3-ish in points against. A lot of wins by 5 points or less. The division it's in is tight and it wouldn't surprise me if I lose out or screw it up somehow.

I'm kind of Kawalimus-lite with my fantasy teams. In all fairness, the last 5 years I've been playing fantasy have had the same pattern which goes:

1: Win most of first 4-5 games
2: Completely implode through next 4-5 games
3: Win just enough of the next few to keep playoffs mathematically possible and hope alive.
4: Die horribly
Every. Single. loving. Year.

Random Espn Public League (redraft) 12-team
6-4
Random-rear end public league. Kinda proud because this team started 1-4. Right now it's in the middle of a clusterfuck of 6-4 teams. I'm not exactly emotionally invested in this one though.

New Goon Dynasty League (dynasty, duh) 12-team
2-8
Literally just became new owner today after a previous goon scammed a bunch of people out of money in another league then ghosted. At quick glance, features Leveon bell and a lot of injured guys. Can't run a team into the ground if it's already there. *guy pointing finger at head meme*

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 15, 2018

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

12 team Friends League:
6-4 with most PF

12 team Work league:
8-2 with most PF

10 team Dynasty league:
4-6 with middling PF

drafted 1st overall and got Gurley in both redraft leagues. Hoping to win one or both.

Dynasty is rough since I drafted Allen Robinson in the first round in startup a few years back. Dalvin Cook being hurt hasn't helped. But with Cook back, Michel, Robinson, and Aaron Jones coming online, and trades I made for Thomas and Kelce looking good, I'm hoping that I can sneak into the playoffs and maybe win back some money. Dynasty is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
BML (keeper, 2 QB league): 7-3, in second place in my division but I feel like my fate is tied to whether Tom Brady gets out of this slump or not.
Goontier (heavy on keepers w IDP): 8-2, in first place. I actually drafted this team looking ahead to next year and focused on grabbing as many of the rookie RB class as I could, but through sheer luck (4th highest PF with by FAR the least PA) this team continues to be a contender.
Goon Beer League (auction, redraft): 1-9, just lol. I went all in on Zeke and Fournette and welp.
Goon Fish Bowl (2 QB, deep rosters and benches, general insanity): 5-5 and on track for the playoffs, hopefully. I think I'm the 10th or 11th highest scoring in the league right now, but the team has been lackluster of late.
Work League (redraft): 6-4, firstplace in my division. I probably feel most confident about this team despite the mediocre record, so it'll be hilarious when it takes a dump in the playoffs.