Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

Capn Beeb posted:

https://www.rdr2.com/news/zelnick-assures-monetization-not-priority-in-red-dead-redemption-2/

I want to believe this. Yeah sure, shark cards paid for all the DLC GTA online got, but:

$700USD real money to buy everything in one of the DLCs. Of course this'd be dumb as most of the vehicles were junk and that includes dumb poo poo like a $GTA 100k helmet with night vision goggles (that didn't work) for your character, but good lord.

Bonus: The average cost of a vehicle from each in-game manufacturer. Keep in mind that if you're not doing the big heist missions because you can't afford an apartment/bunker with the heist planning room or don't have a friend to host them for you, the average pay per mission is around $11k.

I really, really hope that Take-Two is sincere and they don't want to go down this road again. Of course if they did it'd probably mean something like Cactus Cards like Greenhorn, Cowpoke, Ranch Hand, and Rio Grande, which would be kinda funny if it wasn't so gross and predatory.

Hi everyone,

This guy was really happy that you guys linked to his site, but emailed me asking me to edit the post to reflect that the URL had changed.

If you try to click this link from way back in August, it might not work. PLEASE replace it with .org instead. Thanks.

quote:

Hello,

My name is Aron and I write for RDR2, a gaming site that has been linked to in this post in your forums:

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803629&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=256

Firstly can I say how happy I am that your readers thought our content worthy enough to include in their posts!

Secondly, we have changed domains from rdr2.com to rdr2.org and you will notice that the link in the forum post no longer works. So I was wondering if you could please edit the post to reflect our new domain, otherwise, your readers will get a "not found" error if they try to click it.

It is only the extension (.org) that is changing, everything else is the same, including the rest of the URL to the article. So you literally just need to replace the “.com” with “.org”.

Thank you in advance for this, we are a small website and truly appreciate a site like yours linking out to us. If you have any questions or issues whatsoever about this request, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Aron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hoodrow trillson posted:

Hi everyone,

This guy was really happy that you guys linked to his site, but emailed me asking me to edit the post to reflect that the URL had changed.

If you try to click this link from way back in August, it might not work. PLEASE replace it with .org instead. Thanks.

There is not a big enough :stare: in the world.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thats very kind of the site owners

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Polite people aren't real. He must be a space lizard in disguise.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There is not a big enough :stare: in the world.

Seems like a nice enough person.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i deal with enough old gaming guides and outdated fighting game write ups that its very appreciated to see something nice like that

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/...ingawful.com%2F

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

They have been trying to do this for a very long time. It started with Americas Army. It was actually a pretty good FPS.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The new Hitman game seems cool. I can't say much about 2 in particular as I'm only playing the 2016 version that I recently got but imported into 2, whatever difference that makes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The new Path of Exile league starts the 7th of December and I can't fuckin' wait. They revamped the oldest mechanic (masters) into something completely new, folded the last three leagues into the base game in a new and improved form, and added the actual new league mechanics on top of it which is like some kind of Shadow of Mordor nemesis system thing. Plus the usual balance changes, new skills, etc.

That's how you do a goddamn ARPG these days.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i got diablo 3 and a switch and its really fun

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i got diablo 3 and a switch and its really fun

:hf:

Been playing it a ton and I'm now just hoping that Civ ends up being a good port and that we maybe get Xcom out of the deal too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also mario odyssey's music is so good

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
goddamnit i'm tired of rimworld

i'm out of games again

fffffffffff

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Dwarf Fortress

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vasudus posted:

i'm out of games again

fffffffffff

Battletech, obra dinn, hard west, xcom

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1062792722002702336

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
done battletech and xcom, not interested in obra dinn

probably not interested in hard west but we'll see

there's a 40k turn based tactical game coming out tomorrow, but most 40k games have been garbage lately

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There is a Bomber Crew expansion with a shorter North Africa campaign for the USAAF, which means... B-17! :black101:

Unlike the Lancaster's wimpy four turret maximum, you can stuff up to seven gun stations in the B-17. It adds waist gunners, and the nose turret is replaced by two optional cheek guns. Also, no more of that shuffling back-and-forth for ammo bullshit; all positions come with the ammo feed installed.

Of course, you'll need all of those because, you know, gently caress you. Got shot to poo poo over the target? That's great... you'll get hit by waves of Komets on the way back.

Still really good.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
how in the gently caress are there TWO different hospital management games out right now

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

how in the gently caress are there TWO different hospital management games out right now

What is our beside Two Point Hospital? Also, purchase Two Point Hospital

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Nick Soapdish posted:

What is our beside Two Point Hospital? Also, purchase Two Point Hospital

Project Hospital.

edit: maybe I'll get the FarCry 5 DLC and try it again. I'm bored enough to probably play the game again and actually finish it.

edit2: lmao nope

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 15, 2018

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm hoping the world doesn't end before the new Mechwarrior Mercs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The answer is always Rome Total War or its sequel.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

i'm out of games again

fffffffffff

[/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFVL6t8IHE8

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Watched Giantbomb and some streamers play Fallout 76, not good folks. Why did Bethesda think online play for Fallout was a good idea

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

They needed some bullshit to put out for the holiday season because Doom Eternal isn't coming out for a few more months

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Steam just sent me a coupon for a train game :(

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cursed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

new vegas is my true fallout suck it

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

:nallears:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

loving gameinformer saying "best fallout game ever" for fo76 is loving rich. Wonder how much Bethesda paid for that review.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The only purpose of games "journalism"is to collect money to post ad copy so IDK why you'd expect anything different with a release by one of the largest game companies

Like honestly just look at how relatively slow the games thread is for a brand new loving fallout game is for a better perspective on how doa this poo poo is.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

loving gameinformer saying "best fallout game ever" for fo76 is loving rich. Wonder how much Bethesda paid for that review.

isnt game informer made by gamestop

like you get it with their membership

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new vegas is my true fallout suck it

Preach it.

Fallout 76 should've just been a standalone Fallout 4 expansion single player.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol people are pretty pissed at the criticism fallout 76 is getting. Bro did you even play the game or are you just a bandwagoner!!!

This seems like good real input on it from the PS4 thread though

Doctor Zero posted:

It’s simultaneously not as bad as and also everything people are complaining about.

I’ve said this before and playing the released version of it yesterday did nothing to change my mind. If you just want more fallout to dick around in (the game is huge) and were okay with Fallout 4 this may be your jam. It’s kind of like playing 4 on survival mode with random people wearing odd costumes running through your game and waving.

If you are expecting the Next Big Fallout game, or post apocalyptic Destiny, or a completely not-Bethesda game, then you will probably be disappointed and should wait to see if it improves later.

I am having fun with it, but I definitely am just looking for more Fallout since I’ve already played 4 to death.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I zone out whenever a bunch of people screech about how bad a game is, they're way to emotionally invested for some strange reason.

I like survival games and think it looks fun personally. Not some groundbreaking game but definitely not something that's so bad it should be personally offensive to some people.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mustang posted:

I zone out whenever a bunch of people screech about how bad a game is, they're way to emotionally invested for some strange reason.

I like survival games and think it looks fun personally. Not some groundbreaking game but definitely not something that's so bad it should be personally offensive to some people.

It’s not really a survival game though

Like it’s not really that much like Rust at all. The survival mechanics and PvP are barely a thing and base building is super limited

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just want more new Fallout action so I'll probably buy this later on.