Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Stickman posted:

Has there ever been a candidate for speaker defeated on floor? It sounds like it would be messy.

I dont think any succeeded, but the threat of it got John Boehner to resign. There was also a failed floor revolt against Joe Cannon in 1910. He survived it, but then the Democrats won the House later that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Anyone who does one second of work for Donald Trump without getting paid in advance is a moron.

admittedly, I have no particular reason to believe all of his lawyers are smart

I don't see any particular reason to believe that any of his lawyers are smart. Well except the ones who quit.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/1063178248090206209

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

lmao, gently caress off

Also
https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1063181546134425600

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao just in time for him to get out and give the seat to McSally.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This could easily pass during the lame duck.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm not too familiar with congressional history.. how common is it for an entire region to be completely single-party like this?

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1063124241237921792

Even the South elects democrats in urban and minority-dominated districts.

Pretty sure before this guy Poliquin won in 2014, NE was all-blue then too.

I'm more interested in the gains in New Jersey and turning Staten Island blue

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1063177776277139456

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

:lol: republicans broke our voting system so hard that Scott will never be seated even if he wins. Galaxy brain stuff there.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/john_sipher/status/1063183278386089984

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Arturo Ui posted:

Pretty sure before this guy Poliquin won in 2014, NE was all-blue then too.

I'm more interested in the gains in New Jersey and turning Staten Island blue

NJ is all blue except for the 7th district, which is a huge turnaround in about six years. Staten Island going blue is a huge surprise since it's basically Blue Lives Matters' national stronghold

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mcmagic posted:

This could easily pass during the lame duck.

No it can't. That tweet did not deserve all-caps at all.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AOC owns I openly laugh at the craven cowardly libs attacking her.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1063179177573023744

quote:

The Family Research Council’s “Washington D.C. Christian Heritage Tour & Summit” in March is the latest conservative confab scheduled to take place at the Trump International Hotel. The three-night jaunt includes accommodations at the hotel and the possibility of a briefing at the White House, plus a day at the Museum of the Bible and a private tour of Capitol Hill. Tickets start at $2,498 for a double-occupancy room.

“It stinks,” said Norm Eisen, chairman of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and a frequent critic of the president’s. “It’s bad enough when there’s a tacit quid-pro-quo and people using the Trump hotel or other Trump properties to curry favor with the president,” Eisen continued. “Here you have something that breaks new ground because it at least raises the question of whether there’s a direct sale of access.”

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rigel posted:

No it can't. That tweet did not deserve all-caps at all.

Why can't it? I expect this and more will be in a reconciliation bill during the lame duck.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

lol that there are people still giving money to the FRC

mcmagic posted:

Why can't it? I expect this and more will be in a reconciliation bill during the lame duck.

Pretty sure the timeline required for a reconciliation bill has already passed, unless I misunderstand the process (this is very possible). Didn't they need to start six to eight weeks ago if they were planning one?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1063184904018673664?s=19

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

Carlosologist posted:

NJ is all blue except for the 7th district, which is a huge turnaround in about six years. Staten Island going blue is a huge surprise since it's basically Blue Lives Matters' national stronghold

I'm pretty sure the only red district is NJ-4. We have Chris Smith and it sucks.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mcmagic posted:

they did not do the footwork to put together a budget this session such that a reconciliation bill could be written

which is pretty lol

so we don't even have to worry about the number math

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GreyjoyBastard posted:

they did not do the footwork to put together a budget this session such that a reconciliation bill could be written

which is pretty lol

so we don't even have to worry about the number math

They still can do so in the next 2 months though.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/eScarry/status/1063183409458102272

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

She's got the right enemies.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wicked Them Beats posted:

lol that there are people still giving money to the FRC

Pretty sure the timeline required for a reconciliation bill has already passed, unless I misunderstand the process (this is very possible). Didn't they need to start six to eight weeks ago if they were planning one?

They had until October. We're in a new fiscal year and a reconciliation bill can't be put forward until the budget is drawn up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Eddie Scary has a ......dark history

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Thats one of the craziest ratios I have ever seen

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Btw new dollop on John McCain, boy was he a real piece of poo poo. https://youtu.be/_R4-k8fOgAQ

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SHE'S NOT WEARING LITERALLY RAGS SHE'S A FILTHY LIAR!!

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kale posted:

You have to wonder how the military units that were deployed to the border feel about blatantly being used as a political prop.
The same way they always feel about pointless deployments to lovely places. Mildly annoyed, mostly just bored.

This isn't even the first dumbass border deployment.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

woah, she owns clothes, guillotine time

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Btw new dollop on John McCain, boy was he a real piece of poo poo. https://youtu.be/_R4-k8fOgAQ

I love how they have become one of the best sources in political talk

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Your Taint posted:

SHE'S NOT WEARING LITERALLY RAGS SHE'S A FILTHY LIAR!!

I'll bet her apartment even has a refrigerator in it!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

mcmagic posted:

The GOP has already blown their chance at reconciliation during the lame duck, assuming they were ever going to consider it. There's simply not enough time to complete the full 2-step process before January.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is an intensely creepy and hosed up Twitter post, good Lord.

Posting creepshots to own the libs

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

Carlosologist posted:

Now Scott Lobaido can go around painting American flags with sad faces.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

She probably even has a HDTV....

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

This is an intensely creepy and hosed up Twitter post, good Lord.

Posting creepshots to own the libs

Scarry is famous for being a weirdo.

quote:

Most notably, at parties that took place on the weekend of the White House Correspondents’ Dinner last year, Mr. Scarry surreptitiously snapped two shots of women’s posteriors and posted the photos on FishbowlDC.

“The pink one is particularly bulbous,” Mr. Scarry wrote of one woman whose behind he secretly captured on camera. “But the lumpy gray one takes the cake (and eats it, too).”

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

from the replies:

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1063187846327087106

:stonk:

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

99.6% of "poor" households own a refrigerator too! :mad:

edit: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

Eddie Scary has a ......dark history

I’ve never heard of this dude but after about 3 minutes on his Twitter, I get the impression he should be legally barred from getting within 300 yards of a school.