Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
is this love that K I L L B O S S is feeling, or just an excess of black atum? only time will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I really enjoy the fact that the artistic red fight background is bleeding through reality as it back lights the dust cloud.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Ashcans posted:

I approve of this 'keep putting someone through a wall until they're paste' fighting method, it's a little crude but it's metal as gently caress.

He's just following the proud tradition of absurdly strong opponents - you can't just murder the protagonist without giving them a chance, you have to fight by throwing them across the room, slowly walking over to them and throwing them back again, until you finally throw them near the gun they dropped earlier or give them time to have a flashback to their training or something and hulk up

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Which demon do I have to kill to get a K6BD anime by the people who made Castlevania for Netflix with a score by Airghoul and whoever did the soundtrack for Mandy

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

Which demon do I have to kill to get a K6BD anime by the people who made Castlevania for Netflix with a score by Airghoul and whoever did the soundtrack for Mandy

Rupert Murdoch

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Made this one myself, quick and dirty

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

a Comment posted:

“The mystical art of 47 Open Palms is no match for your face catching 17 perfect walls.”
– Killboss, Master of the Dancing Wall form

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
id just like to draw attention to the fact that Oscar got drop-kicked by a pretty normal, albeit well educated, girl

which means that K I L L B O S S could probably slap our man Oscar around like a ping pong ball

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Oscar is more the "shots of opportunity" kind of guy anyway. If he's squaring off against our red friend, something has already gone horribly wrong.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, Kill Boss is a rare devil who has the patience to learn martial arts.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
no lie, like 30% of the reason i look forward to new updates is seeing the description of the new hosed-up magic martial art abaddon came up with this time

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Fish Noise posted:

I'm hoping this keeps going with increasingly sturdier walls until there's none suitable left in the area, and KILL BOSS just "welp. you win." and leaves.

We think he's done, but it turns out that he's training Hrotomos in advanced wall-breaking arts, so they can reappear as a villain duo in the final chapter.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Ashcans posted:

We think he's done, but it turns out that he's training Hrotomos in advanced wall-breaking arts, so they can reappear as a villain duo in the final chapter.
During a huge landscape scene we see KILL BOSS in a distant corner building a new, stronger wall with which to throw people through.

KILL BOSS's Wall Manual.

To train with wall-breaking, first master wattle and daub. When you have mastered wattle and daub, you must master the way of bricklaying. Once you have learned how to arranged bricks, you must tilt-up...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I reckon that horn is going to be snapped off and put somewhere.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bongo Bill posted:

Well, Kill Boss is a rare devil who has the patience to learn martial arts.

K I L L B O S S is his death metal band, not his name

Sort of a black Norwegian inspired sound, not so melodic

e. also Alison is going for a rope-a-dope here, he'd going to get so exhausted beating her through walls he will spontaneously combust. That dril tweet is really on point

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

I recall him saying to me that he was baffled I liked it because of how absurdly crunchy it is. It is, but I only play 3e, and believe me when I say that 2e was somehow far far more crunchy and for no mechanical reason at that.

how does he feel about legends of the wulin

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

K I L L B O S S is his death metal band, not his name

Sort of a black Norwegian inspired sound, not so melodic

This is somewhat off-topic, but as a kid I watched a Norwegian show where they visited a Norwegian language class in Italy and it was all metalheads, exclusively

Just an entire classroom of black-clad pupils ready to be taught the language of fjords and salmon

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SunAndSpring posted:

I recall him saying to me that he was baffled I liked it because of how absurdly crunchy it is. It is, but I only play 3e, and believe me when I say that 2e was somehow far far more crunchy and for no mechanical reason at that.

Weird, because 3E is even more needlessly complex than 2E.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

MonsieurChoc posted:

THAC0 just really fucks with some people.

3E has a lot more numbers but they basically always go up and add to the dice number and you try to make one number bigger than the other number.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Paramemetic posted:

THAC0 just really fucks with some people.

3E has a lot more numbers but they basically always go up and add to the dice number and you try to make one number bigger than the other number.

3E changes the behavior of multiplication under composition, which is somewhat counterintuitive.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
The original comment was about Exalted, not D&D.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Comrade Gorbash posted:

The original comment was about Exalted, not D&D.

oh lmao sorry

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

MonsieurChoc posted:

I found the core systems of 3E (attack rolls, stats, etc.) much more intuitive than 2E. It was just all the secondary systems like grappling that were absurd and bad, and as a result no one ever used them. (And 3.5E fixed a lot of that.)

It's still not the be-all-end-all bastion of system that people like to pretend it is when comparing it to 4E or 5E. (I'm still mad my 3.5E elitist friends wouldn't even consider playing the 4E campaign I wanted to run.)

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 15, 2018

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1) i really just want to showcase this individual panel i love it so much

2) man im gonna be super bummed if K I L L B O S S doesnt become a pursuer

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tollymain posted:

Are there any devil/angel pursuers? I seem to remember they all being human or servant.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Who What Now posted:

Made this one myself, quick and dirty

Yes, good, embrace the 6Drillion lifestyle. Uploaded.

Hi Tollymain.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Archenteron posted:

Yes, good, embrace the 6Drillion lifestyle. Uploaded.

Hi Tollymain.

You meme-stealing rear end in a top hat!

nah I actually don't give a poo poo, it's cool

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Thankfully someone finally noticed my genius, tho.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Exalted was one of the first things I thought of when Abbadon started and it was in the context of how much better K6BD is.

I'm told 3E is better than the insane hellscape of unnecessary crunch that was Exalted 2E but I'm not so attached to the idea of Exalted to actually try.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I've only played a one-shot of 3E but I'm pretty sure whoever told you that is lying.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Xand_Man posted:

I've only played a one-shot of 3E but I'm pretty sure whoever told you that is lying.

They were speaking the honest truth.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I mean, better than Exalted 2e isn't exactly a high bar to clear.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Ex3 is crunchy but had legitimately exciting, innovative base mechanical systems. Even Crafting, which is kinda bloated and uneven, does legitimately attempt something new and interesting in the 'crunchy fantasy RPG' space. It will never be to everyone's taste but I'm very glad it exists, because it is to mine.

2e was just so painfully flawed and uninspired that its only meaningful innovation (outside of the weirder secondary sourcebooks, which did some interesting ancillary things) became the thing that destroyed its mechanics beyond repair.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Does Shattered Worlds have fighting styles like the ones we're seeing?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SardonicTyrant posted:

Broken World doesn't have long explanations of different styles (except for the Shadow Arts the Hunter gets) but the moves do have names like Raining Wine Style and Sixth Dragon Internal Technique.

Actually there are a ton of esoteric martial arts you can learn, what was I thinking not checking the optional rules.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 17, 2018

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I did first see Head Of John in the RPG.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

Yeah, there are Advanced Martial Arts any character can choose when leveling up instead of their normal class move. Demon Flips The Cart is one of them - just checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tollymain posted:

1) i really just want to showcase this individual panel i love it so much

So far I am loving KILLBOSS's fighting style of do a move once
Then do it harder