Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Powershift posted:

Every single loving one of these is 100% my poo poo

https://imgur.com/gallery/eNKPWZm

These remind me of my plan to get an Isuzu flatbed with an LS gas engine, put a utility bed on the back, and turn it into a beast. The world needs more cabovers and I need to hit the lottery dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

NumbersMatching320 posted:

The IHCs are so IHC. "Making a new cabover cab would cost money so here's a 1200A cab with a glass firewall on top of some leftover tractor fenders, enjoy"

GMC had a model that had lower glass like that, but it appears to have actually been designed that way from the beginning.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

As Nero Danced posted:

These remind me of my plan to get an Isuzu flatbed with an LS gas engine, put a utility bed on the back, and turn it into a beast. The world needs more cabovers and I need to hit the lottery dammit.

I looked at a ‘95-6 NPR with a Vortec 5.7 and a hydraulic dumping flat need at a swap meet a few weeks ago, for $4500. Wish I’d have had $4500...

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:iia:

I have evil thoughts with pretty much all those trucks and airplane V12s.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
My mind trying to figure out what "cab-forward" meant the first time I heard it:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Chris Knight posted:

My mind trying to figure out what "cab-forward" meant the first time I heard it:

I'm a little drunk and the thought of taking any corner in that is making me nauseous.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm a little drunk and the thought of taking any corner in that is making me nauseous.

I wanna do donuts.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You probably could, wasn't that built specifically to carry racecars from development to track as quickly as possible?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good news, looks like the 1966 Ford Mustang GT350 car suffered no damage thanks to its steel construction from the raging wildfires that destroyed hundreds of homes, historical movie sets and 25 people.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
That kinda reminds me of the roadkill BBQuda that survived (read: molted like a really, really ugly pheonix) last year's wildfires.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

As Nero Danced posted:

That kinda reminds me of the roadkill BBQuda that survived (read: molted like a really, really ugly pheonix) last year's wildfires.

I’m digging that fuel tank.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Cabover chat reminds me, I saw a 4x4 Ford COE for sale the other day, even a normal one is a rare beast over here. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163340908208

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Powershift posted:

Every single loving one of these is 100% my poo poo

https://imgur.com/gallery/eNKPWZm

They all look like Fallout 4 vehicle models.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

It's really happy to see you.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ygolonac posted:

I got hung up on that one too, what’s the doghouse for? PTO? Skirting the way length is measured?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
taint to tip, my man

But really, that thing looks like the truck version of a BDSM Pinnochio

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain posted:

I got hung up on that one too, what’s the doghouse for? PTO? Skirting the way length is measured?

It has a second engine, a buick 300 bolted to the front of the standard RD450 for extra power :black101:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2014/09/08/and-thats-the-truth-frank-gripps-twin-engine-diamond-t/

quote:

According to Jim De Young, president of Adams Transit in Friedland Friesland, Wisconsin, who would later restore the truck, Gripp didn’t merely butt the Buick’s crankshaft up against the nose of the RD450’s. Instead, he included the Buick’s three-speed automatic transmission, ran its output shaft through a hole in the Diamond T’s radiator, and then bolted the output shaft to the International engine’s crank pulley. The torque converter in the Buick transmission took up the difference in engine speeds, De Young said, and Gripp’s air controls merely shifted the automatic transmission between neutral and third gear. The Diamond T’s throttle pedal worked both engines, and a hood and a home-built grille at least kept the second engine covered, if not blended in.

:black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101:

WITNESS!

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Ygolonac posted:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

heeeres my toy car
heeeres my real car

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

lol i kind of want this

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Thief posted:

lol i kind of want this

Kind of? KIND OF? I want it right now.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i've actually been shopping for something like this but nothing has gotten me psyched enough to drunkenly purchase yet

if yall would be so kind as to share the best ones in this threas so that i don't end up with this that'd be great:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just found out later Lincoln MK Vs had a "miles to empty" meter

I can only assume it was a 2 digit LCD

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I think you meant to say VFD not LCD.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Thief posted:

i've actually been shopping for something like this but nothing has gotten me psyched enough to drunkenly purchase yet

if yall would be so kind as to share the best ones in this threas so that i don't end up with this that'd be great:

This is what they give to drifters to cure them.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Cage posted:

This is what they give to drifters to cure them.

no that’s a stock wheel from an r33 skyline

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Spotted at the local shops. Sounded ported to hell and back.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Spotted at the local shops. Sounded ported to hell and back.

Hell yeah that's my cuppa tea! What part of the country is that? Up past Auckland?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

its technically a coupe now

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Thief posted:

its technically a coupe now

Fine, coupé tea.

:rolleyes:

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

supermegaultra posted:

Hell yeah that's my cuppa tea! What part of the country is that? Up past Auckland?

Looks to be Te Atatu, West Auckland.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
From http://carsthatnevermadeitetc.tumblr.com/post/180179739567

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Ahh you beat me. Are all goons reading the same tumblrs? or is it just none more negative.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Darwin fish spotted

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

Thief posted:

I loved my 240, but the dipshit culture that goes with it is pretty much why I got rid of it.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

This is a stupidly rare car that actually got stolen a couple of months back and joyridden before being abandoned. Morons who stole it didn't notice the dashcam, though, which caught their faces :)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Twistershift posted:

I loved my 240, but the dipshit culture that goes with it is pretty much why I got rid of it.

Many of my favorite cars over the years have been stuff with dipshit scenes surrounding them and it didn't hamper my enjoyment of the cars one bit. Drive what you like, prove the stereotypes wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
The best thing about my 240sx was that the Nissan FSM was fantastic and the community and documentation on any problems or fixes were very thorough. In contrast, the Mazdaspeed3 community is trash and the Mazdaspeed Forums are awful.