Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/bZvZC3u.mp4

I need this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bean is legit one of my top favorite comedies.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

therattle posted:

Yeah, and she blows a meeeeeaan horn.

PS that plant is some kind of succulent.

No poo poo, the flowers are like rubber, but what the gently caress is it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't think you're supposed to immerse succulents in water like that.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Bean is legit one of my top favorite comedies.

The first one is dire, but I genuinely like Mr. Bean's Holiday, because it's essentially just one long Tati homage.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Snow update I’m now having dinner at chili’s with my dad because tonight is a loving nightmare

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I don't think you're supposed to immerse succulents in water like that.

It's branches rather than a plant though? I don't know what else to do

They're transplantable somehow is all I know

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 16, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/1063035767889383425

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Peccadillo posted:

It's branches rather than a plant though? I don't know what else to do

https://www.wikihow.com/Propagate-Succulent-Plant-Cuttings

This seems to deal with stems. I've never done it before, so god knows how successful it is.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Coffee And Pie posted:

I can’t advise spending 90 minutes in a gas station, this is way worse than Clerks

This sequel to the Crack House Incident blows

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

K. Waste posted:

YTotD is the 2009 documentary Taqwacore: The Birth of Punk Islam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSKRaehQheU

I never pay attention to ad breaks on Youtube, but this one had an inordinate amount of ads for pork. Not a specific brand or farm, just pork and the different cuts of meat you can get from a pig. Considering the content, I wonder if someone specifically asked for there to be ads for pork to accompany this doc, or was it done maliciously by someone at Youtube, or what. Is anyone else getting pork commercials when they watch this? I don't watch food channels on Youtube, so it's not like some algorithm locked on to my daily pork reading habits or something either.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Skwirl posted:

https://www.wikihow.com/Propagate-Succulent-Plant-Cuttings

This seems to deal with stems. I've never done it before, so god knows how successful it is.

Thankyup

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

ruddiger posted:

I never pay attention to ad breaks on Youtube, but this one had an inordinate amount of ads for pork. Not a specific brand or farm, just pork and the different cuts of meat you can get from a pig. Considering the content, I wonder if someone specifically asked for there to be ads for pork to accompany this doc, or was it done maliciously by someone at Youtube, or what. Is anyone else getting pork commercials when they watch this? I don't watch food channels on Youtube, so it's not like some algorithm locked on to my daily pork reading habits or something either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g81atCb7DDo

Meat is an industry with lobbyists

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 16, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nobody mentioned Six String Samurai

smgdh

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Did anyone ever see the Japanese Unforgiven remake with Ken Watanabe? Any good?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This year’s ad is a West Side Story homage about how lamb can heal the political divide.

https://youtu.be/vK3dAMK6CEk

It’s really something

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

This year’s ad is a West Side Story homage about how lamb can heal the political divide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3dAMK6CEk

It’s really something

Jesus christ I forgot about that one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is lamb a traditional thing on Australia day? Coke, Pepsi and the beer companies tend to have a big push, but I don't remember much from the beef industry for Independence day.

Also as an American it was really weird to see the political left in red and the right in blue.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coffee And Pie posted:

There’s a snowstorm and my boss waited until too late to close, my car got stuck in the snow, now I’m stranded in a combination Sunoco/Dunkin Donuts waiting for my dad to pick me up in his truck. So basically, I’m living a lovely version of Hateful Eight.

This happened to me on a delivery except the snow storm was random and came out of nowhere, and I got stuck in a creepy religious community.

I was there for two hours and it was annoying and shorty. So I get it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Is lamb a traditional thing on Australia day? Coke, Pepsi and the beer companies tend to have a big push, but I don't remember much from the beef industry for Independence day.

Also as an American it was really weird to see the political left in red and the right in blue.

Traditionally no, Australia day's like ... Fifty years old, it's a campaign like how Santa drank Coke

E: It's the celebration of the British Empire's landing so maybe the gimmick is how the English brought tasty sheep?

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 16, 2018

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Okay so we’re leaving the chili’s, I’m glad as hell I took two pisses and had a presidente margarita

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEZWrKLAqKk

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

E: It's the celebration of the British Empire's landing so maybe the gimmick is how the English brought tasty sheep?

Seriously? I assumed it was celebrating no longer being a colony or something. That's as bad as Columbus Day

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

"Monarchy is objectively the best form of government" in the replies. Right wingers are crazier than a shithouse rat.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

WarEternal posted:

"Monarchy is objectively the best form of government" in the replies. Right wingers are crazier than a shithouse rat.

Like, I can get it if they're thinking a benevolent Monarchy that is capable, just, and works for the betterment of its people and the world...but these fuckers want Dr. Doom.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Make sure you watch until the end.

https://twitter.com/aleli_arch/status/1062684922069114880

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Finally home after a five hour commute. gently caress it, I’m calling in tomorrow, I don’t give a poo poo.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Seriously? I assumed it was celebrating no longer being a colony or something. That's as bad as Columbus Day

Nope, Indipendance wasn't popular amongst the landowners

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

He’s obligated to self-immolate now and complete his “Gwyn Supporter” Dark Souls cosplay.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

This is kinda funny if you imagine him saying it in his moth joke voice.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Today I found out that there's an ICE detention center in my town. Unsurprising since the local sheriff is a loudmouth Trump fanboy and the conditions in his jails are so lovely he's been referred to as "The Joe Arpaio of the North.". This guy is widely despised and keeps getting re-elected some how.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

As an american it was probably weird to see the political left at all:mmmhmm:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

As it was predictably deleted, here's what that tweet said.

There's no such thing as a moderate republican.

CPL593H posted:

Today I found out that there's an ICE detention center in my town. Unsurprising since the local sheriff is a loudmouth Trump fanboy and the conditions in his jails are so lovely he's been referred to as "The Joe Arpaio of the North.". This guy is widely despised and keeps getting re-elected some how.

Old people love fascist sheriffs.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I am pretty familiar with fringe right-wing ideology and jargon and I have no idea what Norm is talking about there. Yeah, yeah, western culture is falling etc, but the Enlightebment is...bad? And not western/christian? That’s pretty atypical for a reactionary talking point.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Anonymous Robot posted:

I am pretty familiar with fringe right-wing ideology and jargon and I have no idea what Norm is talking about there. Yeah, yeah, western culture is falling etc, but the Enlightebment is...bad? And not western/christian? That’s pretty atypical for a reactionary talking point.

Norm got hooked on that Jordan Peterson poo poo

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I just remembered a notable Black cowboy: Don Cheadle in Boogie Nights

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

RIP William Goldman

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

RIP Norm MacDonald

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Egbert Souse posted:

RIP William Goldman

Wow, he wrote a lot more movies I've seen than I realised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

haha wtf some sweet little old man came up to my car window while I was waiting for the light to change green, waved good morning to me and started saying "You know who I love? DONALD TRUMP! And you know who I hate? GANG MEMBERS AND LIBERALS." I was just like uh... alright old timer, good for you, just get out of the street so I can make this turn.

Happy Friday everyone!