Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

nm posted:

And is it a sandwich?

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nm posted:

And is it a sandwich?

what have I done

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I'm willing to buy the Avenatti thing being made up, the more idiotic Republican operatives are getting obsessed with jujitsuing #metoo onto democrats this term, hence the weird overuse of "harassment" w/r/t investigating the president.

Besides, I see Avenatti as more of a forging signatures on checks kinda guy.

EwokEntourage posted:

I know someone who interned in ccl1 and it was a nightmare.

Even the other awful judges in Dallas county/district court do the thousand yard stare when ccl1 is brought up

I'm lost, I can tell ccl1 is some sort of Texas venue, but the internet makes it seem like there are multiple ones? which are you referring to?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 15, 2018

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Alexeythegreat posted:

How do you even do a taco sashimi
Or are we being very liberal with the definition of sashimi here

If you're a beginner you could start with the alphabet and evolve to more responsive techniques as you gain confidence.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm willing to buy the Avenatti thing being made up, the more idiotic Republican operatives are getting obsessed with jujitsuing #metoo onto democrats this term, hence the weird overuse of "harassment" w/r/t investigating the president.

Besides, I see Avenatti as more of a forging signatures on checks kinda guy.

I'm lost, I can tell ccl1 is some sort of Texas venue, but the internet makes it seem like there are multiple ones? which are you referring to?

They were avoiding mentioning the judge's name, but the county was pretty well established, so https://www.dallascounty.org/government/courts/county_court_at_law/

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Nice piece of fish posted:

I've had what can generously be referred to as taco sashimi.

It reminded me of wrestling women on cement.

Salty, sweaty and I spent a lot of time on all fours.

nm posted:

And is it a sandwich?

Yes, that too.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Just don't want it to pop up on a Google search.

It's as described above. It's notorious in the metroplex.

My cases are usually north of the jurisdictional limits for those courts (they cap at 200k) but the lege put all condemnations in those low level courts, so suddenly the judge is trying a 50m case when they normally do dog bites.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

they normally do dog bites.

And car wrecks. They literally have a "car wreck docket."

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

What is the definition of sashimi I wonder.

Raw fish served on a bed of rice, I think. Japanese nerds probably debate it at viciously and earnestly as the sandwich debate, though.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

sullat posted:

Raw fish served on a bed of rice, I think. Japanese nerds probably debate it at viciously and earnestly as the sandwich debate, though.

Sushi is def a burrito though which is a sandwich.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Sushi is a sandwich, which is also a burrito, which is also a fruit, all food is the exact same as all other food, gently caress it nothing matters, there is zero difference between all things, you imbeciles, you loving morons, and we’re all going to die cold and alone (except for those of you in California, who will die hot and alone)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

disjoe posted:

Sushi is a sandwich, which is also a burrito, which is also a fruit, all food is the exact same as all other food, gently caress it nothing matters, there is zero difference between all things, you imbeciles, you loving morons, and we’re all going to die cold and alone (except for those of you in California, who will die hot and alone)

While coughing. I just wanna ride my bike.
Air quality is at 311 now, which is just obscene.
The EPA says this means "Hazardous
Health Message: People with heart or lung disease, older adults, and children should remain indoors and keep activity levels low. Everyone else should avoid all physical activity outdoors."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It’s dipping into the 30s tonight in north florida. This sucks.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jeff Sessions got fired and this thread goes to poo poo. His stewardship was all that was keeping our society together

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Jeff Sessions got fired and this thread goes to poo poo. His stewardship was all that was keeping our society together

Jeff sessions: bad on human rights
Good on sandwiches.

I haven't ridden a bike further than a mile since last week, I'm trying to start poo poo on the internets instead.

Edit: nigiri is an open face sandwich

nm fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 16, 2018

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

My briefs are a sandwich.

Cause there's a big chunk of meat in them.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

My briefs are a sandwich.

Cause there's a big chunk of meat in them.

I didn't know you and blazargh got along so well.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

nm posted:

While coughing. I just wanna ride my bike.
Air quality is at 311 now, which is just obscene.
The EPA says this means "Hazardous
Health Message: People with heart or lung disease, older adults, and children should remain indoors and keep activity levels low. Everyone else should avoid all physical activity outdoors."

Get a particulate mask, tinted goggles, and a sick poncho and go riding.

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 16, 2018

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Sashimi is sliced blocks of fish or whatever raw stuff by itself without rice. (Not a sandwich)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

^^^
Agreed

Vox Nihili posted:

Get a particulate mask, tinted goggles, and a sick poncho and go riding.

I possess a very large beard which means the masks won't seal.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

nm posted:

Edit: nigiri is an open face sandwich

My man.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Last summer when it was smoky I rode around on my bike with a bandana. If this keeps happening going to have to get a face mask.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

sullat posted:

Last summer when it was smoky I rode around on my bike with a bandana. If this keeps happening going to have to get a face mask.

That provides basically no protection against smoke.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Just lol if you live in the US and don't own a full stack of prepper gear including gas masks.

e: and a razor

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Just lol if you live in the US and don't own a full stack of prepper gear including gas masks.

I'm not shaving, it's my only manly thing, and it will take at least a year to get to this state.
Also, the county health people just said its too bad for masks, so cool.

My bug out bag consists entirely of a Canadian Passport and detailed diagrams for a 25 foot tall wall America will pay for.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
You could probably swipe some free N95 masks if you go into a hospital and say you’ve been having night sweats and a cough after your trip to South America. Why yes, they did mention tuberculosis, that’s one of those extinct diseases right?

Boom. Free n95 masks.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The main thing is to own a gun, so when the time comes you just find a real prepper and take his lovely MREs and gold!

Note that once your nation and state cease to exist, you will no longer be bound by any laws so this will technically be legal.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
N95 won't protect against smoke/burning particles. You would need at a minimum one of those paint booth over the head masks with the 2 filters side by side. For the beard, there are over-the-head style protective hoods that Israel issues to Orthodox/Hasidic beard-havers in lieu of gas masks.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Basically you should bike around in full MOPP gear. I want to see this.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
How good do you feel being the lawyer / paralegal whose cut and copy gently caress up made it into a public court filing and is on the front page of the nyt right now

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Throatwarbler posted:

N95 won't protect against smoke/burning particles. You would need at a minimum one of those paint booth over the head masks with the 2 filters side by side. For the beard, there are over-the-head style protective hoods that Israel issues to Orthodox/Hasidic beard-havers in lieu of gas masks.

Shocking that you, of all people, know exactly what chemical agent protections Israel provides to its citizens.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Stands to reason. Jews and gas don't mix.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What does this orthodox gas mask look like?
When you were initially talking about masks for biking I assumed you meant a balaclava for cold weather, ha

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Stands to reason. Jews and gas don't mix.

Hey-o!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I ran into a guy at a park while our kids were playing who was an attorney at a local biglaw firm and we got to talking shop. He's in his 8th year of practice and was talking about how excited he was to get to sit second chair at depositions this past year, and what great experience it was.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

blarzgh posted:

I ran into a guy at a park while our kids were playing who was an attorney at a local biglaw firm and we got to talking shop. He's in his 8th year of practice and was talking about how excited he was to get to sit second chair at depositions this past year, and what great experience it was.

Jesus Christ. This needs to be put on career services bulletin boards.

I get the impression that if you leave Biglaw litigation you better do it at around year 3 or 4, otherwise you're completely unprepared for litigation of any sort AND you expect $200,000 from anywhere else.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

blarzgh posted:

Yikes.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Having done basically everything in litigation at this point, there is a not insignificant part of me that would like to get paid $300,000 plus bonus to second chair depositions...

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I'd defend depos all day for 100k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Having done basically everything in litigation at this point, there is a not insignificant part of me that would like to get paid $300,000 plus bonus to second chair depositions...

first-chairing depositions is so much better and i never realized how much better, until i told the midlevel second-chairing the deposition "i've only been on this case for a week and don't actually know anything about the guy, so i need the outline you're writing to be so detailed that anyone could take it and do this deposition"

and then he did, and then i got to take credit for his work by having the deposition go very well