Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I liked Diamondback.

I think Bushmaster only had a couple episodes of story to him and they stretched that poo poo out. Everybody has been on Netflix about "too many episodes/pacing issues" since near day one but I didn't really feel it til Luke Cage season 2. I think it was watching 8 episodes just to get back to where Black Mariah was at the end of season 1.

I liked where it ended up but there was too much back and forth/will they won't they(conclude this plot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Diamondback was good, the problem was he had to follow up Mahershala Ali.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Retro Futurist posted:

Diamondback was good, the problem was he had to follow up Mahershala Ali.

The fact that Cottonmouth was so good certainly didn't help, but Diamondback was really bad. "He's just so goddamn crazy" is the worst character trait

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Gripweed posted:

The fact that Cottonmouth was so good certainly didn't help, but Diamondback was really bad. "He's just so goddamn crazy" is the worst character trait

but he wasn't just "so goddamn crazy," he was also the most uninteresting and rote version of a "dark mirror" imaginable

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Diamondback had serious writing problems because they wanted him to be the crazy wild card and the cold blooded mastermind at the same time. For 6 episodes Cottonmouth keeps being threatened by the specter of this scary other criminal who's basically his ruthless boss, and then when he finally shows up he's like the Jim Carrey Riddler or something.

I think what they were probably going for was that he was supposed to be a cold blooded mastermind that had a lot of pent up crazy that all came out when dealing with Luke Cage, but they did a really bad job communicating that.

I still kinda like him just because of Erik LaRay Harvey's performance, though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/15/ruby-rose-batwoman-elseworlds-crossover-photo/

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

That's a thrift shop batman begins mask isn't it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

That's a thrift shop batman begins mask isn't it?

It's an Entertainment Weekly exclusive picture, they are never good.

Edit:Like I'm sure Terminator: Redemption was bad, but it wasn't this bad.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 16, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

That is probably better than any post-T2 Terminator, actually.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Skwirl posted:

The film was called Terminator Genisys, don't worry it was the straw that broke the camels back and they are ignoring all films after 2.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The sad thing is genisys actually was the best terminator movie since 2 imo. Like thats how low the bar was

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I used to think there was no idea so good it couldn't be ruined by poor execution.

But it turns out even Iron Fist can't gently caress up a samurai and a cyborg cop fighting a team of sexy punk magic tattoo artists.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

The sad thing is genisys actually was the best terminator movie since 2 imo. Like thats how low the bar was

You're not wrong, but it's mostly because they took all the best parts of the previous movies and gave them a fresh coat of paint and redid them for Genisys almost beat for beat.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The Sarah Connor Chronicles was the best Terminator movie post 2, it was just a really long movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Lex Luthor cast
https://twitter.com/MrJonCryer/status/1063522881882050560

If you're wondering why he looks familiar he was the guy who wasn't Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men back when he had hair.

Also, loving lol

quote:

We are enormous fans of Jon Cryer, and he was instantly our dream actor to play the iconic role of Lex Luthor. Jon is a super-talent, and the fact that he played Lenny Luthor in Superman IV brings an added layer of legacy to his casting. We’re beyond thrilled to welcome Jon to the Supergirl family.

Not really the same has having Dean Cain play Supergirl's human father.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 16, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What is with this white Luthor poo poo?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So they are going to the Gene Hackman style Luthor or something? What is it with live action Superman and their hate boner for anything that isn't the Gene Hackman version? Smallville was the only one that went for the serious/competent Luthor and that was the Superman show that tripped over itself to avoid having Superman in it. Maybe Cryer will be able to pull something cool off, but I don't have high hopes. I mean, the kind of Luthor people have been wanting for years is basically the evil equivalent of Bruce Wayne or more recently Tony Stark. The dude from Two and a Half Men doesn't really give off that vibe, like at all.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ToastyPotato posted:

Smallville was the only one that went for the serious/competent Luthor and that was the Superman show that tripped over itself to avoid having Superman in it.

What about Kevin Spacey?

(Edit: Granted, I haven't watched Returns in years so he might be more Hackman-like than I remember.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

So they are going to the Gene Hackman style Luthor or something? What is it with live action Superman and their hate boner for anything that isn't the Gene Hackman version? Smallville was the only one that went for the serious/competent Luthor and that was the Superman show that tripped over itself to avoid having Superman in it. Maybe Cryer will be able to pull something cool off, but I don't have high hopes. I mean, the kind of Luthor people have been wanting for years is basically the evil equivalent of Bruce Wayne or more recently Tony Stark. The dude from Two and a Half Men doesn't really give off that vibe, like at all.

In universe for Supergirl he's a brilliant inventor in addition to being a (former) billionaire. His sister got control of the company when he went to jail and is an ally of Supergirl. I imagine he'll be getting out of jail and trying to get control of LexCorp back.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

What about Kevin Spacey?

He was still tied to the Hackman version, though I thought he was definitely a step in the right direction. That movie was way too slavishly devoted to the Donner films though, imo.

Skwirl posted:

In universe for Supergirl he's a brilliant inventor in addition to being a (former) billionaire. His sister got control of the company when he went to jail and is an ally of Supergirl. I imagine he'll be getting out of jail and trying to get control of LexCorp back.

I'm not worried as much about his motivations, more about his writing and portrayal. Hiring a comedy actor known for playing weak, awkward, dork types is exactly the opposite of what I, and I suspect a bunch of other people, kind of wanted out of a new Lex Luthor, especially after the DCU version.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 16, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ToastyPotato posted:

Gene Hackman

Wheat Loaf posted:

Kevin Spacey?

Have all the live action Lex Luthors been white?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Have all the live action Lex Luthors been white?

So have all the cartoon ones.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Skwirl posted:

So have all the cartoon ones.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Played by a white man. And in later appearances, he is clearly white. Did someone who worked on the show actually come out and say they intended for him to be black, or is this one of those things that nerds on the internet just won't let go of for some reason?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shadows are the same color, highlights are the same color.

I'm not opposed to a non-white Lex Luthor, it's just something that never happened.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Played by a white man. And in later appearances, he is clearly white. Did someone who worked on the show actually come out and say they intended for him to be black, or is this one of those things that nerds on the internet just won't let go of for some reason?

It's because Luthor is drawn with pronounced lips, and often in shadow.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think DCAU Luthor's look was based on Telly Savalas, who was Greek.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Ah that's his name. Yeah that's what I remembered. It was either him or Yul Brenner I was thinking of.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

So, white if you don't have an accent.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1063525908768800768

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

They were filming a few blocks from me a couple months ago. I thought this announcement had already been made....

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wheat Loaf posted:

What about Kevin Spacey?

(Edit: Granted, I haven't watched Returns in years so he might be more Hackman-like than I remember.)

The only difference between Spacy's Lex and Hackman's Lex is a loving wig.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

RevKrule posted:

They were filming a few blocks from me a couple months ago. I thought this announcement had already been made....

No, they were probably filming Season 6 which will air next summer. This is an additional season on top of that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Still waiting for Inhumans s2

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Still waiting for Inhumans s2

Why? It's not like they made a season 1? They've never made an Inhumans tv show.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What is the total runtime of the Marvel Cinematic Universe up to now, including the TV shows? Is it longer that all of Dragon Ball yet?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Why? It's not like they made a season 1? They've never made an Inhumans tv show.

How hard and where did you hit your head so you forgot about the Inhumans show? I want to do it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Not sure why you empty quoted me, I'll take it as a compliment.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

At least we won't have to deal "This is DEFINITELY the last season !!!!!" stuff this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

X-O posted:

No, they were probably filming Season 6 which will air next summer. This is an additional season on top of that.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. I was combining the two announcements (Season 7 + "Returning Summer 2019").

Interesting they got a renewal this early, they've been a bubble show for the past few years and had their budget slashed hard.