Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

oh my god I forgot that it was a 39 level gap between 'tiny cute eel that knows like three moves' and it's second stage.

Why do you hate the humble hagfish/eel, GF?

Because that's sadly Unova's entire gimmick - having way too many pokemon who evolve far too late and learn no good moves until post-game via TM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nodosaur posted:

So apparently Delia Ketchum’s Mr. Mime is a girl.

Ash has two mommies.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'll defend the Unova mons for being fine at their game's level curve. But anywhere else, including breeding, they're garbage.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Given Mimey seems to exclusively do household chores and Delia treats her more like a second child that joke is a bit more uncomfortable than it already is.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Bee posted:

I'll defend the Unova mons for being fine at their game's level curve. But anywhere else, including breeding, they're garbage.

Even within the game its pretty garbage and Gamefreak seemed to realize since they threw so many underlevelled evolved pokemon at you through events in B2/W2.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Bee posted:

Yeah, they work only at the exact time and places they're found and in Black and white. Past that things get bad.

Nodosaur posted:

Given Mimey seems to exclusively do household chores and Delia treats her more like a second child that joke is a bit more uncomfortable than it already is.

Joke revoked, I haven't seen the show in years so I was unaware.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zore posted:

Deino/Hydreigon

thank you

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I'll defend Unova as a good gen but taking Unova mons and putting them literally anywhere else makes you realize how jacked up that generation's curve was compared to everything else.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Andrast posted:

Which pokemon have cute tier 3 evolutions?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there a starter that's a better choice than the others in XY? I'm finally getting around to y since it's the only gen I haven't played yet

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greninja is the only one that isn't awful to look at

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
froakie is cool, and the others are not cool

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the middle fire one is cool but then. yikes

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Delphox is cool and good and my friend. :colbert:

Greninja is also cool and good. Only Chesnaught really sucks

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just know in some games if you don't pick one of the starters you don't see another of that type until like, the end of the game. I think it's D/P/Pl and fire types? Maybe I'm thinking of something else

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I just know in some games if you don't pick one of the starters you don't see another of that type until like, the end of the game

XY have 600 Pokémon so that won't be a problem

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

all of Kalos's starters are cool

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

less laughter posted:

XY have 600 Pokémon so that won't be a problem

DPPl had a bazillion but the distribution was still poo poo

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
DP only had the chimchar and ponyta lines for fire types

platinum added the magmar and houndour lines and more i'm probably forgetting

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

my girlfriend can't wait to not evolve her eevee and dress it up in hats and bow ties and stuff so it's pretty obvious this is a game for people who don't give a gently caress about eeveelutions

This is literally me because I love Eevee. It's one of my gen 1 favorites and dressing up my character was most of Sun/Moon's appeal. Now I can dress up my player character in cute clothes and style my Eevee's hair/fur and give it hats and it follows me around everywhere and I can pet it and give it treats and we're best buddies?!!! I can't wait until I can play Let's Go tomorrow!

This thread is so awful from the pearl clutching over the "cutesy" attack names to the whining over an overpowered mascot buddy Pokemon to basically everything and doesn't understand why so many people are hype as heck for Let's Go on the most basic levels.

Honestly, I can take it or leave it on the Go-style catching mechanics, which is the least fun part of playing Pokemon Go for me by far, but the rest of the game is hugely appealing and seems lovingly animated and designed.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 16, 2018

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

My Pokeball Plus arrived. It's going to take a while to get used to the controller inputs after playing on joycon for like 6 hours.

It's also sort of noisy? Anytime you throw a ball or something escapes the ball, the noises come through the ball itself. It also has a neat tune when you plug it in to charge.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Also it would be really cool if Game Freak decides to release optional Hard Mode DLC for Let's Go that amps up the levels/AI/moves/etc of trainers and adds back in abilities and held items, but it's never gonna happen. Either way, I'm going to love Let's Go. Can't wait!!!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Bought a copy of Let's Go Pikachu from a local shop. The game is actually pretty fun. It felt weird at first to not battle wild Pokémon, but honestly after the first couple trainer battles I became acclimated. Haven't tried out the co-op yet.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
To the guy who asked about Eevee's move coverage earlier on, I'm assuming the question was about how many types it could hit for super effective damage.

No Eevee type will ever be super effective against Normal, Electric or Fairy, so we're looking at 15 types total.

Of those, Poison, Bug, Ghost, Dark, Steel, Fire, Psychic and Ice are only vulnerable to a single Eevee type. Fire and Dark will hit 6 different types combined, with 5 of those not being available to any other type. Fairy, Grass, Ice and Water all add another 3 types to that pool, but Water, Ice and Grass are all effective against ground, while Water and Grass are additionally effective against Rock. Ice and Fairy are also effective against Dragon, both.

An Eevee kitted out with Baddy Bad/Sparkly Swirl/Sizzling Slide/Bouncy Bubble would be super effective against a total of 12 types, as would one where Bouncy Bubble was swapped for Sappy Seed.

E: The latter combo would be Not Very Effective against a theoretical Fairy/Fire type, but the former would also hit everything for at least normal damage.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 16, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mr. Mime is a good parent who took his family on a vacation and is now paying for Ash's tuition abroad. I will not stand for slander that he is anything else than Delia's partner who likes to eat out of a dog bowl.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/1063205019665620993

I'm really close to buying a second switch for Pokemon hacks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Also it would be really cool if Game Freak decides to release optional Hard Mode DLC for Let's Go that amps up the levels/AI/moves/etc of trainers and adds back in abilities and held items, but it's never gonna happen. Either way, I'm going to love Let's Go. Can't wait!!!

Hard Mode DLC, but you have to jump through 20 different hoops to download it and 20 more hoops to activate it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Blazingflare/status/1063230045785706496

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Oof :chloe:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

How do you make a pokemon game that's too intensive for a home console?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm no game developer but I wouldn't be surprised if it was all the lighting effects they plastered on to try and make it look less like its just the 3ds games.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We're never seeing triple battles again :smith:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Console that can do BotW at 30 FPS chugs on chibi-pokemon game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Console that can do BotW at 30 FPS chugs on chibi-pokemon game

i'm guessing it does something really fuckin stupid like drawing all pokemon and trainers, and simulating lighting, even far off-screen

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ever since the DS, the first games Game Freak have made for a new system have been very poorly optimized.

So what I'm saying is, this is on brand.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Ever since the DS, the first games Game Freak have made for a new system have been very poorly optimized.

So what I'm saying is, this is on brand.

And to be fair to them, this is almost certainly something they rushed out with a mostly B-team while their heavy-hitters were working on the actual next mainline game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hosed up that gf hates kids so much that they phoned this one in

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
What's the last Pokemon game to have the original 151 with new ones mixed in?

I'll probably get over it eventually but I was on the hype train with every other kid and got off once the show went to Johto.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Anyone know how to enable co op mode in this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hand your friend another joy-con