Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

Please timg images of this size in the future, thank you.

My bad, I posted from my phone and uploaded to.imgur from inside the awful app, didn't realize it was gonna be huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Too bad Amazon didn't demand they be required to handle snow well

Bezos and his crew are going to live in domes in Long Island, so they won't be venturing out much.

Lightning Knight posted:

:psyduck: Who... who do they think would be doing this when Trump is POTUS???

Yeah, that's so much more a Trump move against Californians than anything else.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AhhYes posted:

Wait. What?

So apparently humanity has both cloaking and phaser technology according to members of the Trump family. All we need are shields and warp drive and we've got the loving USS Enterprise.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

I had to look that up because I just couldn't believe it was real. It is.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jaramin posted:

I had to look that up because I just couldn't believe it was real. It is.

I eagerly await morning crew's reactions to the new title.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

That's a good cat.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

The Glumslinger posted:

The version I saw was trying to make it seem like the areas that were getting burned we on the path for the bullet train (I guess so the state can eminent domain it cheaper?), except they're not near the path as far as I'm aware

Nowhere close. Fires burned in Butte County (Camp Fire), Ventura/Los Angeles Counties (Hill and Woolsey Fires).

The closest it got was the Woolsey Fire burning towards the outskirts of the San Fernando Valley, in West Hills. The nearest HSR station to there will be in Burbank, around 30 miles away.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

It's a shame that USPOL Winter: All we need are shields and warp drive and we've got the loving USS Enterprise is too long :negative:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Young Freud posted:

Bezos and his crew are going to live in domes in Long Island, so they won't be venturing out much.

is that a joke about the amazon seattle office thing?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Lightning Knight posted:

:psyduck: Who... who do they think would be doing this when Trump is POTUS???

Overlord Zuck on his moonbase demonstrating his new weapon. The New York Times is next.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

is that a joke about the amazon seattle office thing?

Wait, what?

*does a google image search*

WAIT, WHAT?!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Bezos' balls

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lycus posted:

Overlord Zuck on his moonbase demonstrating his new weapon. The New York Times is next.

No for real tho. Who the actual gently caress else do they think has the laser planes???

Like I know the answer is going to boil down to "implied Jewish conspiracy/DEEP STATE" but STILL. Actual US Senators have retweeted that!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

The ad where Bigfoot hunts a Republican hiding from his constituents? The Democrat won by a lot.

What...?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lightning Knight posted:

*Reads title*

Wtf is this?

*Sees tweets about laser fires*

WTF IS THIS?!?!

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

No for real tho. Who the actual gently caress else do they think has the laser planes???

Like I know the answer is going to boil down to "implied Jewish conspiracy/DEEP STATE" but STILL. Actual US Senators have retweeted that!

Not just any Senators either, Grassley will be President Pro Tempore of the Senate next Congress. So the future 3rd in line for the Presidency thinks the California fires are a laser conspiracy.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Lightning Knight posted:

Mod edit: oocc why ya gotta post giant pictures like this?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
God dammit we're not Alderaan.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

lol

of course these moronic assholes use Bing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I guess Diane Feinsteins hubby left the trees because trains can go through trees

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jaramin posted:

Not just any Senators either, Grassley will be President Pro Tempore of the Senate next Congress. So the future 3rd in line for the Presidency thinks the California fires are a laser conspiracy.

The first in line and the current President also believe that.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
None of those people re-tweeted the laser picture, he just tagged them.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I always thought it was so weird how the planned high speed rail route took a 300 mile detour into the deep river canyons of rural NorCal for no discernible reason.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I guess Diane Feinsteins hubby left the trees because trains can go through trees

laser planes can't melt steel trees.

Arturo Ui posted:

dammit.

I'm leaving the thread title anyways because it's still mostly true. :colbert:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

you can grind up any sort of plant and use it to run a train. For example mussolini got his trains to run on thyme

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Oh poo poo, they really think Feinstein is doing this to clear the way for the train?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iU_8wSvSW4

Probably the best political ad of the entire election cycle.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Job Creation Act of 2010 or whatever it was called.

Then 2 years later she wanted to gently caress Obama over in negotiations so that rich people didn't get taxed.

So I'm not too confident in her taxing the rich. Especially when she considers someone making $900k a year "middle class".

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
This conspiracy poo poo seems funny but the dude who started a major fire near LA over the summer did it because he believed in these crazy rear end conspiracy theories and thought the Norcal fires were a FEMA/NWO plot

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/forrest-gordon-accused-arson-california-fire-conspiracy-theorist-710023/
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-holy-fire-arson-suspect-20180817-story.html

He was a SovCit and also into Q

EDIT: Found the article I was looking for
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mb4xzy/the-alleged-holy-fire-arsonist-seems-obsessed-with-conspiracy-theories-vgtrn

quote:

On Thursday, police arrested 51-year-old Forrest Clark, the man they believe intentionally started the fire after he allegedly sent a text to a volunteer firefighter two weeks ago saying, "This place is going to burn." And although it's unclear why Clark may have started the fire, his Facebook page shows that he traded in a wide range of conspiracy theories, some of which have influenced others to act violently in the past.

"The guy was like a canary in a coal mine," JJ McNab, a fellow at George Washington University's Program on Extremism, wrote on Twitter. "He was always one of the first true believers to glom onto whatever conspiracy theory was new and sexy that month."

Some of the conspiracies Clark posted about were merely goofy, like the Illuminati, ancient aliens, and Flat Earthism. Most recently, he seemed to have bought into Qanon, which some suspect to be a troll on Boomer conservatives. Meanwhile, others were directly related to forest fires and some did veer into extremist territory. For instance, his Facebook activity suggests he was obsessed with the idea of secret pedophile rings—the same idea that led a man to bring an assault rifle to a Washington, DC, pizza parlor back in 2016. He also identified as a sovereign citizen, like the man who killed four people at a Waffle House this past April.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 16, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lycus posted:

Oh poo poo, they really think Feinstein is doing this to clear the way for the train?

DiFi's GuyFi SciFi WiFi FriHi's WiLife

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lightning Knight posted:

laser planes can't melt steel trees.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wilhelm posted:

No place manages the first snowfall well - plows are often private citizens contracted out who aren't equipped or immediately available

Chicago doesn't gently caress around. But that's because the city voted out a Mayor after they hosed up during a blizzard and everyone has been scared shitless to meet the same fate. We put up with a lot in this city, but unplowed roads is not one of them.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

The first in line and the current President also believe that.
Fool me once on the tags I guess, but this is definitely not true. Pence thinks it's God smiting the gays. My father was personally affiliated with Jack Chick and he used to spout this sort of crap all the time.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

i am harry posted:

That's still 4 people out of 1000 without access to modern refrigeration. I'm no math person but if you have 1million poor households then that's like 4000 households without refrigeration.

As someone that has had the unfortunately "pleasure" of knowing a whole lotta slumlords, one common tactic to overfill apartments or multifamily housing is to take out the refrigerator and stove in units. That lets you do things like turn a four-plex into a six-plex. That way you get a tax assessment for a four-plex, but can legally rent out a six-plex. I'm sure there are state/municipal laws that forbid this in certain areas.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

in a shocking turn of events, trees adapted over millenia to survive fires are less flammable than houses built out of and filled with highly flammable materials

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Tired: Feinstein using space lasers to burn a path for future train.
Wired: Feinstein's teleporter malfunctioning.

Tacier posted:

I always thought it was so weird how the planned high speed rail route took a 300 mile detour into the deep river canyons of rural NorCal for no discernible reason.

I appreciated these.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tacier posted:

Bullet train 2 Mt. Lassen

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1063278872916107264

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Lightning Knight posted:

I'll take it.

Arturo Ui posted:

Oh drat it. No idea how most of the twiiter poo poo works. Thought those were retweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The last line tickles me for some reason. Like, this is a completely obvious and normal conclusion to reach.