Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Corrode posted:

I played there and the terrain was absolute trash and it makes me angry every time I think about it.

I want them to give up so that I can snag some of their awesome blood bowl pitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

ineptmule posted:

I want them to give up so that I can snag some of their awesome blood bowl pitches.

Blood Bowl was handled by Hard6, not the GT organisation. Hell, any part of the GT that wasn’t a joke was run by somebody else.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New Anomaly Discovered!

quote:

*** At this sensitive stage, we are particularly curious to see if the anomaly is vulnerable to bayonet attacks.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

glitchkrieg posted:

Blood Bowl was handled by Hard6, not the GT organisation. Hell, any part of the GT that wasn’t a joke was run by somebody else.

Yeah, the BB was good, no complaint there, but the pitches have the LGT logo in the middle. Otherwise super nice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
With AdMech infantry, it seems like two ideal combinations are 5 Rangers with 2 Arquebuses (Arquebuii?), or 10 Vanguard with no special weapons. Am I right?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The plasma works really well on vanguard but it depends on what you want to use them for I guess. Remember you can give some pretty serious bonus to hit to your skitarii through strategem usage.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

With AdMech infantry, it seems like two ideal combinations are 5 Rangers with 2 Arquebuses (Arquebuii?), or 10 Vanguard with no special weapons. Am I right?

5 Rangers with 1-2 special weapons is pretty standard. I usually spread them across to fill Battalion requirements. Arc Rifles and Plasmaguns aren’t bad for their points either.

A unit of 10 Vanguard is fine for objective holding but don’t expect to achieve much else.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I feel like Plasma Calivers are always a good thing to have.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Are plasma calivers really worth the points? 22 seems like a lot.

Is it better to have more squads of rangers? Say 4 squads of 5 with one arquebus apiece?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Are plasma calivers really worth the points? 22 seems like a lot.

Is it better to have more squads of rangers? Say 4 squads of 5 with one arquebus apiece?

You're presumably looking at battlescribe. It's not 22pts for just the gun, it's 14pts for an 18" assault 2 plasma gun and 8 points for the model.

If anything the arquebus is generally considered the overpriced option

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I really wouldn't be bringing more than 2-3 arquebuses.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

What setup do people use for plasma vangaurd? 1 in a 5 man squad, 2 in a 5 man squad, or full on 3 in a 10 man squad?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

You're presumably looking at battlescribe. It's not 22pts for just the gun, it's 14pts for an 18" assault 2 plasma gun and 8 points for the model.

If anything the arquebus is generally considered the overpriced option

Yeah. I can see how 25 for a sniper rifle is fairly expensive. 14 still seems like a lot for what it does, but then again I'm thinking of using them with Primaris so they already have a ton of plasma.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
2 in a 5 man. Only ever take a 10 man ranger/vanguard unit if they're parked in the back with sniper rifles

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Arquebii are pricey but drat is it satisfying to snipe powerful special characters. My last game I took out a Slamguinius with a couple before he managed to break my backfield (he still ultra-murdered a frontline Warglaive).

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

SpikeMcclane posted:

Gunline Tau is a lovely time for everyone. Even if you run nothing but droneless crisis suits, a good number of people are going to bitch about Tau being cheesy OP garbage.

So play Genestealer Cults instead, where everything is chill.

Exactly. Unless you're going to play strictly tourney, ask yourself if anyone at the table is going to enjoy the list before bringing it out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

PierreTheMime posted:

Arquebii are pricey but drat is it satisfying to snipe powerful special characters. My last game I took out a Slamguinius with a couple before he managed to break my backfield (he still ultra-murdered a frontline Warglaive).

Yeah that's the appeal for me as well.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Made the mistake of having an Apocalypse game be Tau vs Imperium. 10,000 pts per side.

That was an unfun slog, even though Imperium won.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Floppychop posted:

Made the mistake of having an Apocalypse game be Tau vs Imperium. 10,000 pts per side.

:rip:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

How would either of these be for a White Scar successor chapter badge?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Potential BFF posted:

How would either of these be for a White Scar successor chapter badge?

The first one is an electric anus and the second one is a real-life fascist symbol.

So I'd go with the first one

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Floppychop posted:

Made the mistake of having an Apocalypse game.

That was an unfun slog

To be fair you could have just posted this and it'd also have been correct.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gripweed posted:

The first one is an electric anus and the second one is a real-life fascist symbol.

So I'd go with the first one

Also call them The Electric Anuses.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Well I was just riffing off the Storm Lords icon but I guess Nazi dweebs ruined that too. Back to the drawing board.

E Pluribus Anus.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cthulu Carl posted:

Also call them The Electric Anuses.

Chapter motto is E Plurubus Anus.

Potential BFF posted:

Well I was just riffing off the Storm Lords icon but I guess Nazi dweebs ruined that too. Back to the drawing board.

Just do two lighting bolts side by sid- ah gently caress.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 16, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Potential BFF posted:

E Pluribus Anus.

in fairness, I checked and the fascist triskelion does look pretty different from that lightning bolt one. But still, better safe than sorry, go anus

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's 40k, you probably want to stay away from actual nazi poo poo as much as possible

bij
Feb 24, 2007

These are fun to make so I just decided to fall back on the old 40k standby of skulls.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Potential BFF posted:

These are fun to make so I just decided to fall back on the old 40k standby of skulls.

First one and call them the Stardust Warriors or something because:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Endman posted:

First one and call them the Stardust Warriors or something because:

The White Dukes

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Add a detachment of AdMech, the Spiders From Mars.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Their gene-seed was irreparably damaged leading to permanent dilation of the pupil of every battle-brother's left eye.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Floppychop posted:

Has anyone ever enjoyed a high point game? I feel like it's one of those things where it sounds really cool but it isn't.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NovemberMike posted:

Has anyone ever enjoyed a high point game? I feel like it's one of those things where it sounds really cool but it isn't.

The NOVA Narrative Apocalypse game was fun until I got tabled by virtue of being in the corner surrounded by easily five times the points I brought.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
I finished painting my first spaceman marine test mini, my current lighting solution is loving garbage but oh well, some kind of content. The first of my Stardust Crusaders kill team and the first mini I've painted in 15 something years and the only one where I had any idea what I was doing, just needs basing.

My solution for edge highlighting on for the red on the gun was entirely too subtle to show up even in person, and the overall lightness of the scheme makes details difficult to spot. Nuln Oil and learning to use a wet palate was a godsend.

How in the gently caress y'all get steady enough hands for this edge highlighting poo poo I have no idea.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

GoLambo posted:

How in the gently caress y'all get steady enough hands for this edge highlighting poo poo I have no idea.

That colour scheme is great.

Also I found that getting a really good brush did wonders for my edge highlighting.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

GoLambo posted:

I finished painting my first spaceman marine test mini, my current lighting solution is loving garbage but oh well, some kind of content. The first of my Stardust Crusaders kill team and the first mini I've painted in 15 something years and the only one where I had any idea what I was doing, just needs basing.

My solution for edge highlighting on for the red on the gun was entirely too subtle to show up even in person, and the overall lightness of the scheme makes details difficult to spot. Nuln Oil and learning to use a wet palate was a godsend.

Very tiny brush, flow improver, elbows on table, hands braced together at the wrist.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Stephenls posted:

Very tiny brush, flow improver, elbows on table, hands braced together at the wrist.

I had heard this and was trying it but I have a bad habit of unlocking my wrists when moving the mini around in my hand, my desk might be sitting just a few inches too high. Haven't tried a flow improver yet, and my brushes are probably kind of poo poo I'm realizing (the best stuff I could find at hobby lobby is probably still garbage and won't keep a good tip), so upgrading to something better there is probably a good idea.

Good but not incredible brush recommendations? I'd be nice to grab a small set on amazon but I'm no judge of quality.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

GoLambo posted:

I had heard this and was trying it but I have a bad habit of unlocking my wrists when moving the mini around in my hand, my desk might be sitting just a few inches too high. Haven't tried a flow improver yet, and my brushes are probably kind of poo poo I'm realizing (the best stuff I could find at hobby lobby is probably still garbage and won't keep a good tip), so upgrading to something better there is probably a good idea.

Good but not incredible brush recommendations? I'd be nice to grab a small set on amazon but I'm no judge of quality.

You can pretty much paint a model from start to finish with Winsor and Newton Series 7 size 0. A medium brush with a good tip will beat the snot out of a tiny brush with a bad tip.

That said a size 00 or 000 is a nice to have for really fiddly stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Potential BFF posted:

you making these with local software or is it an online tool?

also, you got a way to make these into transfers? or you gonna hand style it?