Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
its really easy when you have young kids, ya fuckin knobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

cakesmith handyman posted:

14" as far as I can tell, the ones I'm watching on eBay anyway
Just be sure, the pic you linked shows a 340mm tire mounted on that one.

In other news, more confirmation I am possibly the worlds biggest manchild. Stopped by a grocery store on my way home for lunch. Ended up bringing this bucket of goodness home..... of which I am borderline addicted. Previously I have eaten so many of them at one time I have literally, with no exaggeration, caused my tongue to bleed.

I really need to learn to not go to the grocery store when I'm hungry :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

Try working for a school and having kids. Our gate count last year was 450k, that's 450k chances of interacting with students that have god knows what. My health was hosed somewhat hardcore for the first 5 years as opposed to being able to count on 1 hand how many times I had been sick in the previous 15 in the real world.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

slidebite posted:

In other news, more confirmation I am possibly the worlds biggest manchild. Stopped by a grocery store on my way home for lunch. Ended up bringing this bucket of goodness home..... of which I am borderline addicted. Previously I have eaten so many of them at one time I have literally, with no exaggeration, caused my tongue to bleed.

I do stuff like that too and I can't help myself :hfive:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Babies walking are fun. Our littlest is nearing 18 months and he was the slowest to walk. He was the slowest to crawl. We really didn't force the issue :v: He yells and screams with excitement when I get home from work and comes bounding towards me now. It is the best part of my day :3:

Getting sick is gross. Our oldest is in first grade and so she brings stuff home. It has been pretty mild so far but when at Costco last week I heard so many people dying that I know the grossness is upon us.

Late to the LotR chat but I watched The Hobbit trilogy and the extended blu-ray of LotR over the course of a month on my basement home theater after we got it set up. The LotR came out when I was in high school and I was pleased to see how well they hold up (the REALLY hold up). That alone makes me excited for that new Mortal Engines thingy Peter Jackson is involved with, which I know nothing about.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

slidebite posted:

I just double checked, the wheels I'm watching are definitely marked 5 1/2 J x 14.

quote:

We buy a shitload of jelly sweets for my brother every Christmas, he always eats so many he gets sick. Without fail.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

BraveUlysses posted:

Or when you work with the public. I've generally got the sniffles every other week because I interact with ~100 strangers on a daily basis

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

The Door Frame posted:

I've generally got the sniffles every other week because I interact with ~100 strangers on a daily basis

But enough about your sex life.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Good to know I'm not alone with lack of self control with some candies. I'm a total sucker for sour stuff, the more sour the better. The sweet/sour thing just does it for me. Those soothers are consistently the best I've found. Most other sour candies aren't sour hardly at all.

Warheads can be pretty good though, but I prefer chewy candies over hard ones although I think they make chewy ones too.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

slidebite posted:

Good to know I'm not alone with lack of self control with some candies

Yeah, I have to keep sweeties out of the house otherwise I just binge through them. I can eat kilos of them.

If I have a moment of weakness and bring some home, it goes into a tub on the top shelf of a cupboard, behind a door.

I run roughly half a marathon a week so to assuage the guilt i'll take the tub to a race and share it with the team.

meltie fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 15, 2018

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

slidebite posted:

Good to know I'm not alone with lack of self control with some candies. I'm a total sucker for sour stuff, the more sour the better. The sweet/sour thing just does it for me. Those soothers are consistently the best I've found. Most other sour candies aren't sour hardly at all.

Warheads can be pretty good though, but I prefer chewy candies over hard ones although I think they make chewy ones too.

I'm a type one diabetic, generally hate sweets because of the association to that "feeling of doom" I get when I'm low, do muay thai three times a week and compete in powerlifting comps

And I will still fuckin destroy any and all chewy sour candy near me. I end up having to limit myself to buying it once every two months because my bloodsugar goes haywire for 12 hours or so. It's fuckin worth it still.

I always make the "got my 60 day chip" joke to my wife when I buy candy. She's not impressed.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I used to work in drug stores year round (was a field tech working on photo lab equipment) and from about this time until spring I'd bring home any number of respiratory infections from all the sick people coming in to fill their prescriptions.

This occurred despite religious handwashing and mega-dosing on vitamin C and zinc.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I work with kids, and there's no surprise that I get sick every now and then. They all pick their drat noses. Thank God for hand sanititzer....

mewse
May 2, 2006

slidebite posted:

I hadn't had a sugar binge in a while so I bought a big bag of M&Ms and ate the whole thing after lunch. I feel disgusting now. I am holding you personally accountable

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

BraveUlysses posted:

not sure but they're gonna have a total of 3 of them eventually to achieve full production rate

the 777x wings has two spars, the largest one is a 105 foot single piece of carbon composite

the 787 uses carbon for the spars but the large spar is 3 pieces which are assembled together. also the wings are significantly smaller than 777/777x
AKA Boeing neither knows not cares what they cost.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Geoj posted:

I used to work in drug stores year round (was a field tech working on photo lab equipment) and from about this time until spring I'd bring home any number of respiratory infections from all the sick people coming in to fill their prescriptions.

This occurred despite religious handwashing and mega-dosing on vitamin C and zinc.

I could imagine. We deal with rando's, but you were dealing with sickies 24/7. That's gotta be some bullshit.

Side note: Anybody else playing Fallout 76?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slidebite posted:

Gummy things (including Swedish Fish) are my kryptonite, even more than, you know, regular food.
Looks over at the packet of Sour Patch Kids on the desk.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Late to the LotR chat but I watched The Hobbit trilogy and the extended blu-ray of LotR over the course of a month on my basement home theater after we got it set up. The LotR came out when I was in high school and I was pleased to see how well they hold up (the REALLY hold up). That alone makes me excited for that new Mortal Engines thingy Peter Jackson is involved with, which I know nothing about.

I read the first book. The idea of mobile, cannibal cities is interesting. The book isn't bad, but it's definitely YA, mich like The Hunger Games. Have not read past the first book, but I'm interested enough that I probably will.

The Door Frame posted:

Or when you work with the public. I've generally got the sniffles every other week because I interact with ~100 strangers on a daily basis

I used to work in a hospital (pharmacy stock clerk.) I had a low-grade something (usually sniffles of some sort) pretty much the entire time. Thankfully, when working in the pharmacy, OTC stuff is free. And non-OTC stuff is, too, if you're the guy ordering it me.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

keykey posted:

I haven't even finished Fallout 3 yet. Don't you try to push the new drug on me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

keykey posted:

I could imagine. We deal with rando's, but you were dealing with sickies 24/7. That's gotta be some bullshit.

Guilty as charged. I have a week off and got it for an early Christmas present. Not bad so far, but very Fallout 4.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

keykey posted:

Friends convinced me to pick it up on PC last night. It's a bit lonely solo but when you get a couple friends and start building a fortress guarded by turrets and power armour it's pretty fun.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I'm on Fallout 76, enjoying it so far, suits how I played NV and 4, so I'm having a good time with it.

Only found a couple of bugs so far, but at least they're different ones to the ones in the beta.

He's right you know, that picture very much appears to be a 340mm TRX metric tyre, tread carefully.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like a LEGO wheel

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BraveUlysses posted:

This made me chuckle. But if you don't have kids and haven't experienced it, it seems loving absurd. Lines up with what the doctor told us to expect with daycare. Wife hasn't been sick as often, luckily.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 16, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I guess I got super lucky then. Even when my son was in pre-k he rarely got sick, and he rarely does now.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I was going to hold out on FO76 for a couple weeks but caved almost immediately. Got it installed last night b7t havent played it yet

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

InitialDave posted:

He's right you know, that picture very much appears to be a 340mm TRX metric tyre, tread carefully.

I see what you did there.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BraveUlysses posted:

I was going to hold out on FO76 for a couple weeks but caved almost immediately. Got it installed last night b7t havent played it yet

I can't get excited about it because I have no bros to play with and playing alone online is worse than just playing single player IMO.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Suburban Dad posted:

I can't get excited about it because I have no bros to play with and playing alone online is worse than just playing single player IMO.

Yea I think i'm going to skip this one.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

This is one of the big things that I'm worried about when we do finally have a kid. Wife makes too much to not work so they'll be going to day care bringing all sorts of nasty crap home. I'm immunosuppressed so if I'm in the same room as someone sick I'll get it. Everything hits me a lot harder too.

It's inevitable with kids, but the upshot of childcare situations like that is you get it out of the way sooner. The kids who build that up before kindergarten get sick a lot less often than the ones who stay at home until then.

FO76: Was annoyed as hell about the fact that the disc is useless. I have a 1TB cap on my cable modem so 50GB+ game installs make me prefer discs for consoles. Haven't played it yet since I need a PSN+ or whatever online account for the PS4, and I want to binge the rest of the way through the main RDR2 plot first.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 16, 2018

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Y’all obviously got my baby sick with cold chat so thanks for that. Came home and when he woke from his nap he had a deep cough and labored breathing. :( Have the humidifier going in the nursery tonight.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Mr-Spain posted:

Yea I think i'm going to skip this one.

Definitely skipping it, despite the hundreds upon hundreds of hours I've put into 3, 4, and NV

I still get hard crashes on my PS4 copy of Fallout 4, so that engine can barely handle one person playing the game as intended. I can't imagine what would happen when there's dozens of players on a server actively trying to gently caress with it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

I worked in retail for a long drat time. It's just as bad as being around your own homegrown germ farms.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Suburban Dad posted:

ill be ur bro

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
gently caress.

Not even 2 weeks old.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Fermented Tinal posted:

gently caress.

Not even 2 weeks old.

You special ordered this right? drat son I’m sorry I’d be sick

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
loving hell that's awful.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The good news is the brakes work!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I'm a type one diabetic, generally hate sweets because of the association to that "feeling of doom" I get when I'm low, do muay thai three times a week and compete in powerlifting comps

And I will still fuckin destroy any and all chewy sour candy near me. I end up having to limit myself to buying it once every two months because my bloodsugar goes haywire for 12 hours or so.

Sup diabetic buddy? (type 2 here, but still). I know that low feeling all too well, and I've been away from sugar long enough that most sugary things just make me feel sick now (especially stuff with HFCS).

And yeah... chewy sour candy is my nemesis. And gingerbread anything. It takes my sugar a good 24 hours or so to fully recover, but I'm not using insulin (yet).

QuarkMartial posted:

I work with kids, and there's no surprise that I get sick every now and then. They all pick their drat noses. Thank God for hand sanititzer....

Don't act like you don't pick your nose when you think nobody's looking. :colbert:

Darchangel posted:

I haven't even finished Fallout 3 yet. Don't you try to push the new drug on me.

You'll be interested to know I delivered to Bethesda recently. :v: (well, their Austin office) Also delivered to EA several times now.

Fermented Tinal posted:

gently caress.

Not even 2 weeks old.

Well that loving sucks.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
21yo kid was going too fast for the icy conditions and my only options were to get hit from behind or enter the intersection and get t-boned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

I grabbed a random GIS pic, the ones I want are definitely standard.

Fermented Tinal posted:

21yo kid was going too fast for the icy conditions and my only options were to get hit from behind or enter the intersection and get t-boned.

You have chosen... Wisely.

• Locked thread