Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm a little worried that an anime of this might be boring. Depending on how long they spend explaining the science.

Those faces for that surgery joke. :allears:
Has anyone mentioned this is a good manga yet and you should 10 billion percent read it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Darth TNT posted:

I'm a little worried that an anime of this might be boring. Depending on how long they spend explaining the science.

The better do an episode with jojo overnarration

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I can't believe this series actually made me care about Tsukasa.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Galvanik posted:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Galvanik posted:

One panel

One panel is all it took.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Like I know the stone heals anything so long as the body is alive but are they just trusting that it'll resurrect an actual dead person?

I did like the 3 people they got onto their side before the fights shock at just how technologically advanced senku is

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Inagaki calling Boichi out with the Marilyn Monroe line was transcendent

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't believe we're going to have 8 years of senku and friends on a boat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol senku might know how to build any of these things but navigating and piloting them are something else

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I really hope that things slow down again after this. It feels like it's been a while since any of the progress they've made has really been explained. Antibiotics were this huge road map, and a bunch of steps along the way were important in their own right. The cell phone was similarly a process with a lot of steps involved. But because things got more urgent after that, it feels like a lot of stuff just kind of got made without being properly set up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So Baba Yetu for the Opening or Ending theme of the anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its a great song and worked well for Civ but isn't really suited for Dr Stone considering what its about

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Nice, another anime I actually want to watch! ...Maybe it'll end up on Toonami in 2020?

Jose posted:

Like I know the stone heals anything so long as the body is alive but are they just trusting that it'll resurrect an actual dead person?

I did like the 3 people they got onto their side before the fights shock at just how technologically advanced senku is

Tsukasa's dead in a couple days from sepsis anyway, so right now their only hope for him is to roll the dice on finding and using the petrification to heal him.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

it's just a Game Theory, Senku said with tears in his eyes

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That moment between Senku and Tsukasa was fantastic. So very human.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rigged Death Trap posted:

One panel

One panel is all it took.

Was it that one of Tsukasa kneeing that dude in a way that probably killed him?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
As touching as the main plot of this chapter was, my favorite bit was Senku already coming up with consumer applications for the natural disaster they only recently overcame.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I love the looks of the people on Tsukasa's group when they realize just exactly what they're dealing with in Senku. They really have no clue what they're gonna be in for. :allears:

Galvanik posted:

:hai:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

a cartoon duck posted:

it's just a Game Theory, Senku said with tears in his eyes

I really love how bad he is at small talk that after a certain point he just starts talking about the mushrooms in Mario.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It's not the first time he's talked about those mushrooms.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

jesus that got me reading again and remember that time taiju had a beard???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

legitimately no

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Darth TNT posted:

Those faces for that surgery joke. :allears:
The visual gag with buff grandpa's giant face mask was great.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sometimes you just have to shelve your sympathetic former antagonist for a few arcs

But now there's, again, the whole thing where they have to bring homura along with them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Boichi got horny right at the end. The old man is definitely the best character

https://readms.net/r/dr_stone/084/5496/1

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Magma's design is surprisingly practical.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Boichi's horniness manifesting as actual horns now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RatHat posted:

Magma's design is surprisingly practical.

Yeah thats the design various polynesian peoples used historically to cross oceans, and with a lot of success.

E: i love how each time gen gets the ominous black bubbles he turns out to be actually a good guy.

Also old man still best character.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 23, 2018

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
A really good chapter where nothing really happens, but progress still happens.
Magma's ambitions coming back in a believable manner and Gen's manipulations. Really nicely done.

I liked Magma's boat. :(

That last page was a bit....distracting.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It’s always the last page.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The dumbest thing is that the gag where the cop's eyes bulged out of his head looking at the blueprints shattered the stone over his eye and it remains shattered

Also I love that Gen is so incredibly key to Senku's success and yet they still try to play him off as being a self serving rear end in a top hat the entire time

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah thats the design various polynesian peoples used historically to cross oceans, and with a lot of success.

E: i love how each time gen gets the ominous black bubbles he turns out to be actually a good guy.

Also old man still best character.

That boat could have probably gotten them to their destination!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Cool that Boichi understands all cops are bastards

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Seems they've already got torpedo's covered.

I really like the development of Magma. He's such a great character.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
A galleon isn't exactly the best design that could be done even with the limited materials at their disposal but I doubt they could easily identify and de-Stone a shipwright with experience in pre-industrial ship building skills.

The real trick is gonna be the sails and other materials. They kinda trivialize the fact they don't have great materials available.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They made a fridge in half a chapter cold and sealed enough to preserve Tsukasa's corpse for months. Appropriate shipbuilding wood and sail/rigging material is easily handwavable at this point.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
It was mentioned before but I kinda miss the incremental advances leading toward a breakthrough style of the early chapters but I kinda understand that the narrative is moving too quickly for that to work now. We could easily spend 10 chapters building this boat but that would kill the pacing pretty hard.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sarrisan posted:

It was mentioned before but I kinda miss the incremental advances leading toward a breakthrough style of the early chapters but I kinda understand that the narrative is moving too quickly for that to work now. We could easily spend 10 chapters building this boat but that would kill the pacing pretty hard.

I actually miss this a lot, too. Them having to go through an appropriately long sequence of intermediate technological advances in order to combine them to make the thing they were after in the first place was super interesting.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
An ocean faring boat is a complicated operation. They could easily just have problems pop up en route and fix them while having a flashback to boat preparation that has the bonus of being applicable to their current situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
In order to get to South America, do you think they'll sail along the coast or sail directly there?