Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh and the million billion airport they've been building since 1720 and will never open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean the major thing about Germans I know is their obsession with following rules and regulations.

I always thought that "German efficiency" was a sarcastic meme.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

you could ostensibly say that germans are very efficient at smoking in public, however

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The German I worked with was pretty inefficient but he was also born in Latvia, sooooooo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

The German I worked with was pretty inefficient but he was also born in Latvia, sooooooo

that’s called a latvian and there’s nothing surprising in it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anyways, how is your road to building space communism through brexit going, tess

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's going pretty great actually https://twitter.com/isaby/status/1063355124003848192

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
australians and especially english are incredibly into rules tbh, more than any other people i've interacted with except maybe japanese-japanese people, to a nightmarish extent

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
the paperwork

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
the laws

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just want to be free and live on the saltpans, alone

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Having had to co-operate with German industry for a few years now I really have no idea where the myth about German efficiency comes from. Everything they touch becomes a hot mess. Germanization is the new word for the opposite of harmonization here.

is that where you put mark harmon in charge of everything

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

My girlfriend says I'm not allowed to buy a .22 because she thinks I'll shoot my foot off or something

She's right

But I still want to do a revolution

Heck I would too, Im terrible at aiming guns to my granddad's dismay

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

I mean the major thing about Germans I know is their obsession with following rules and regulations.

That's true. What's usually left unmentioned is that they are literally the absolute worst at writing rules and regulations.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

is that where you put mark harmon in charge of everything

Worse; Dan.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The secret of German efficiency lies in being very efficient in deciding who counts as German.

In particular, it is imperative to exclude the South (Bavarians) and the East (AfD/GDR) as well as certain parts of the North and the West.

Randler fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 16, 2018

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's true. What's usually left unmentioned is that they are literally the absolute worst at writing rules and regulations.

:rip: Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

german efficiency is a myth, people mistake their perfectionism with efficiency because the end result of german manufacturing and such is often very high quality. however its rarely a streamlined and efficient process to get there.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the end result of german manufacturing and such is often very high quality.

they did design an efficient method for falsifying diesel emissions data

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
if some bozo at like ford or chrysler was in charge of that, the ecu would've caught fire and exploded after about 20 power cycles

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The best understanding of how the Germanic mind works can be gleaned from turning German on in Steam and reading the workshop pages of Transport Fever mods

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Philips Dutch though.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I was in germany recently and any sort of outdoor restaurant has the table be a top built on top of a trash barrel and that seems like the definition of the philosophy of efficiency over all else. Like nothing about eating food over a trash can full of old sausage bits is even remotely appealing but it means you don't have to move at all to eat the food and then dispose of the trash.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I was in germany recently and any sort of outdoor restaurant has the table be a top built on top of a trash barrel and that seems like the definition of the philosophy of efficiency over all else. Like nothing about eating food over a trash can full of old sausage bits is even remotely appealing but it means you don't have to move at all to eat the food and then dispose of the trash.

You should be in a thread that isn't this one recently

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm saying go away

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Nobody considers those places restaurants, my man.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm saying go away

How about you give up your weird grudge and stop following me around and just put me on ignore.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randler posted:

Nobody considers those places restaurants, my man.

Is it like when Dead Coke Chef went to Russia and complained Helsinki has poo poo for street food? (To which the local answer, of course, is "if it was good it wouldn't be on the street".)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

spoken like a man who's never experienced good roadkill

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

spoken like a man who's never experienced good roadkill

Interesting you said experienced instead of tasted :thunk:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is it like when Dead Coke Chef went to Russia and complained Helsinki has poo poo for street food? (To which the local answer, of course, is "if it was good it wouldn't be on the street".)

berlin street food is "take a sausage, cut it up, then drown it in a special sauce: the special sauce is ketchup with some curry powder on top of the ketchup" so yeah probably.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Interesting you said experienced instead of tasted :thunk:

I've been told to stop being judgemental of the rural lifestyle

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

I've been told to stop being judgemental of the rural lifestyle

I will never stop being judgmental of the rural lifestyle because around here it means voting for the Finnish Paedophile Cultist Robber Baron Party.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

How about you give up your weird grudge and stop following me around and just put me on ignore.

Honey I was posting in this thread before you were

Or earlier incarnations of it at least

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If me not wanting you in the chat thread bothers you why don't you just put me on ignore and stop posting in the chat thread

Also "weird" like I haven't explained my (fairly reasonable) basis for not liking you multiple times

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If me not wanting you in the chat thread bothers you why don't you just put me on ignore and stop posting in the chat thread

Also "weird" like I haven't explained my (fairly reasonable) basis for not liking you multiple times

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

If either of you two post about each other again I'm giving you a week and whoever reports you posting gets a free av change out of it. Put each other on ignore and stop making GBS threads up D&D chat thread.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

S

Party Plane Jones posted:

If either of you two post about each other again I'm giving you a week and whoever reports you posting gets a free av change out of it. Put each other on ignore and stop making GBS threads up D&D chat thread.

:patriot:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

I will never stop being judgmental of the rural lifestyle because around here it means voting for the Finnish Paedophile Cultist Robber Baron Party.

Is that that Kristalnacht democrats or the Prussian suomilaisets

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Is that that Kristalnacht democrats or the Prussian suomilaisets

The Centre (formerly known as Country Bumpkin Union).

e: Seriously, that's what their former name literally translates to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Pedophile cultist?