Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

yronic heroism posted:

Do you believe he committed a crime sometime in the last couple years or not?

Skateboarding indoors at an embassy is probably a misdemeanor at the very least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Crabtree posted:

So what could Mueller, or for pure chaotic fun, Trump's staff, charge Assy with? WaPo was fear mongering WHAT IF HE'S BEING CHARGED WITH TELLING THE TRUTH, but there's also a good likelihood that he loving hack and stole to get that info.

I didn't steal that information! I BOUGHT that information! Using money THAT I STOLE!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Crabtree posted:

So what could Mueller, or for pure chaotic fun, Trump's staff, charge Assy with? WaPo was fear mongering WHAT IF HE'S BEING CHARGED WITH TELLING THE TRUTH, but there's also a good likelihood that he loving hack and stole to get that info.

Vault 7

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

No, the excuse of 'well it doesn't matter if it didn't because you know it WOULD" has been the brain dead excuse people have been giving forever when they fall for literal stuff. Just say "oh, oops" when you find out you fell for something fake, there is no need to dig in or give it creditbility. donald trump didn't post some lazer conspiracy, and like literally he does enough bad stuff every minute of every day you don't need to go into made up fake stuff to find things to be upset about.

Agreed, but that's not what I was trying to convey. Just that I'm having a difficult time stretching my credulity these days.

Also, "oh oops"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Luckyellow posted:

Funny thing about right wing propaganda is that you don't even realize how effective it is until someone points it out to you.

Hell, I'll go ahead and :toxx: that before the USPOL Spring thread ends, there will be some posters complaining about AOC selling out/not leftist enough/whatever.

If she compromises on her principles, of course people who backed her because of those principles are going to be mad. Would you prefer a personality cult that blindly supports her regardless of her actual actions? AOC, like other leftist up-and-coming stars, have support because of their principles and promises; now that she's in office, she has to deliver on those or she'll lose that support.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I didn't steal that information! I BOUGHT that information! Using money THAT I STOLE!

Probably some cybercrime, probably some drug/underage poo poo, maybe just to burn him as the man WHO STOLE THE 2018 MIDTERMS FOR THE DEMS!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
https://mobile.twitter.com/swin24/s...sean-hannity%2F

Daily Beast, I know, but still, :laffo:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Why the Perfect Red-State Democrat Lost

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/16/opinion/sunday/taylor-sappington-ohio.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

quote:

What he hadn’t been prepared for was the lack of organizational support. Progressive groups in Washington and New York were focused mostly on congressional seats — never mind that it was state legislatures that would determine congressional lines for the next decade.

But most confounding were the unions. One by one, they started supporting Jay Edwards. And not just the building-trades unions, which sometimes side with Republicans, but the Service Employees International Union and the public sector unions — AFSCME, the Ohio Education Association and Ohio Civil Service Employees Association. The only endorsements Mr. Sappington received were from the National Association of Social Workers and the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers.

He was stunned. He was about as pro-union as one could be. In his video, he had mentioned his earlier activism against the law that Ohio Republicans had pushed through in 2011, eliminating collective bargaining for public employees, which was later overturned by referendum. His mother had been active in AFSCME; his brother belonged to the Civil Service Employees Association. And Mr. Sappington himself was a low-wage service worker. Yet he was losing labor support to a Republican who had supported a state budget that effectively reduced funding for education.

What he learned when he asked around, and what I later confirmed, was that the unions were, in many cases, making a grimly pragmatic decision in his race and others around the state. The Democrats had fallen to such a woeful level in Ohio state government that unions felt as if they had no choice but to make friends, or at least nonenemies, with some Republicans, in hopes of staving off anti-union measures such as “right-to-work” legislation and elimination of prevailing-wage standards.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Federalist Society is pretty much the New Founding Fathers from the Purge movies.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Something a little different, instead of quotes from T_D, I would post images from it.

The theme of the day is AOC

I wonder what about her causes this vitriol and hatred

:thunk:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

So what could Mueller, or for pure chaotic fun, Trump's staff, charge Assy with?

Well, based on the communications that we know that he had, he's definitely part of the entire conspiracy charges that is wrapping everything together. It's likely that he's a participant in the hacking that occurred (and by "participant" I mean he had knowledge of and materially supported the action, not that he was jugging Ecudorian-brand Jolt Cola while slamming three keyboards at once), too.

The real fun is if Ecuador is still going to be willing to shelter him. Considering that Assange has burned his bridges there and there hasn't been any real pressure applied yet to get him out, I bet that they turn him over in response to a polite but firm letter.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Remember, the hatred of Hillary Clinton started because she didn’t want to bake cookies.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Lote posted:

Remember, the hatred of Hillary Clinton started because she didn’t want to bake cookies.

And then she did bake cookies and they were apparently delicious.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Well, based on the communications that we know that he had, he's definitely part of the entire conspiracy charges that is wrapping everything together. It's likely that he's a participant in the hacking that occurred (and by "participant" I mean he had knowledge of and materially supported the action, not that he was jugging Ecudorian-brand Jolt Cola while slamming three keyboards at once), too.

The real fun is if Ecuador is still going to be willing to shelter him. Considering that Assange has burned his bridges there and there hasn't been any real pressure applied yet to get him out, I bet that they turn him over in response to a polite but firm letter.

Naw, if they are sheltering him on a rape charge they can’t back down now just for more verifiable loving with the US. They’ll just make his stay unpleasant as possible.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Something a little different, instead of quotes from T_D, I would post images from it.

The theme of the day is AOC

I mean, this pretty cool, tbh

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Lote posted:

Because she thought that working to give people Healthcare was more important.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

They have such a crush on AOC

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

if i said the Conways divorce by 12/31/2019 would you take over or under

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1063436458990755842

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
God drat that's vicious.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The Acosta hearing is at the top of the hour, unless it's been rescheduled again.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Main Paineframe posted:

If she compromises on her principles, of course people who backed her because of those principles are going to be mad. Would you prefer a personality cult that blindly supports her regardless of her actual actions? AOC, like other leftist up-and-coming stars, have support because of their principles and promises; now that she's in office, she has to deliver on those or she'll lose that support.

"on her principals" is a funny way to say "anything at all"

e: well maybe not you personally but plenty of regulars will

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 16, 2018

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Barry Foster posted:

I mean, this pretty cool, tbh

Yeah, that one is awesome. I thought it was going to be a bunch of pro-AOC things, then #2 kicked in with the racism and it never let up. :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

So... a man in a Kabuki mask attacked you?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I’d like to know what you guys think of this piece from the Failing New York Times: Why the Perfect Red State Democrat Lost.

It’s about Taylor Sappington’s struggles in Ohio.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm the Stupid Proles who show their idiocy when they don't like their elected officials doing the opposite of what they promised. People should always compromise, if they are Democrats of course

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eke out posted:

Later when they're having hate sex:

So you're the Kellyanne Conway in "Kelly Anne Conway's husband" eh? Looks more like I'm the "Kellyanne Conway's Husband" in Kellyanne Conway right now!

Yeah that joke sucks, somebody workshop it for me

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Later when they're having hate sex:

So you're the Kellyanne Conway in "Kelly Anne Conway's husband" eh? Looks more like I'm the "Kellyanne Conway's Husband" in Kellyanne Conway right now!

mods please ban ABC for this image

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

eke out posted:

I’m going under; if the house Dems actually start to issue subpoenas regarding Trump’s taxes, business dealings, etc. they’ll be bringing Kelly out to spin the gently caress out of every single thing. She’ll working herself to the bone spinning in a way that makes 747 engines envious, and her husband will be trolling Trump all the meanwhile.

If the marriage makes it past August I’ll be impressed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look like the "first asian american in congress" meme can officially die (despite never being true for a loving moment).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Why would the Democratic white man destroy First Asian American Young Kim's dreams?!?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

eke out posted:

Over - I've only seen a level of vicious fighting in a couple once before, and they both lived to be 106/102 out of spite for each other but never even considered not spending every day together.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Over, he’s just saying what every Republican knows about Trump.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Americans are loving insane

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/1063408845723131904?s=19

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Chilichimp posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Look like the "first asian american in congress" meme can officially die (despite never being true for a loving moment).

First Asian-American woman, IIRC, though I don't know if the added qualifier makes it true.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Tibalt posted:

Over - I've only seen a level of vicious fighting in a couple once before, and they both lived to be 106/102 out of spite for each other but never even considered not spending every day together.

My #lifegoals right here

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Trees surviving fires because they're full of water and have evolved under the conditions of regular fires, whereas houses burning to the ground because they're made of dry wood and filled with flammable materials and gasses? It's a god damned energy laser cannon run by the liberal demoncrats you just can't make this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Munkeymon posted:

First Asian-American woman, IIRC, though I don't know if the added qualifier makes it true.

Not even remotely

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Munkeymon posted:

It doesnt

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Munkeymon posted:

"on her principals" is a funny way to say "anything at all"

e: well maybe not you personally but plenty of regulars will

how come you guys always hide behind this "plenty of regulars will" kind of stuff? you've done it, OOCC has done it, Deified Data has done it. who do you think is gonna turn on AOC on a dime? stop making vague accusations against a nebulous other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I wonder what about her causes this vitriol and hatred

:thunk:

AOC gonna need that power fist to purge the mutant and the heretic, at a -1 to hit of course