Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
That could just be Harmony Korine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Coffee And Pie posted:

That could just be Harmony Korine

Doing research for the upcoming Spring Breakers: Alien: Origins

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

I am mega creeped out by the presence of that old dad in that setting

"My mom says I can't go unless there's an adult present."

"No problem, let me give Uncle Randy a call."

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
D-D-D-D-DOUBLE POOOOOST~

Has anyone heard anything about the latest TAZ? We were due for a new one yesterday right?

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Probably busy hyping up Til Death Do us Blart

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I can't wait for another live show that I'll never listen to because I hate the format.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

PMush Perfect posted:

I can't wait for another live show that I'll never listen to because I hate the format.

Of MBMBAM? The format for those is exactly the same until the audience questions segment, which is always the last thing. You can listen to the first part, then turn it off once you get to audience questions.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ariong posted:

Of MBMBAM? The format for those is exactly the same until the audience questions segment, which is always the last thing. You can listen to the first part, then turn it off once you get to audience questions.

It’s different even if the format is the same. There’s a certain dynamic that isn’t there when they’re together performing for a crowd. I think the live shows are only okay and I definitely get why people would be turned off from them.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

It’s different even if the format is the same. There’s a certain dynamic that isn’t there when they’re together performing for a crowd. I think the live shows are only okay and I definitely get why people would be turned off from them.

I skip 'em. there is definitely a "performance" aspect that I don't love (this kinda goes for any live podcast) matched with the overenthusiastic crowd. I think they do a good job if you like live shows in general but not my cup of tea

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Yeah the live shows are really tough to listen to, I don't usually bother. I'm honestly starting to get really fed up with how much time and energy they sink into touring live shows and TAZ instead of the stuff I like but that's my problem

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Anyone who skipped the latest live TAZ is a fool.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

thexerox123 posted:

This is truth; it was the closest humor to the early Balance arcs as there ever has been.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like the live shows. it is in the wind, BON VOYAGE

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

thexerox123 posted:

I'll give it a look. I've tried a couple of the previous ones, and it just doesn't feel as smooth. That, plus the lack of real consequences kind of turns me off the whole concept.

Edit: Can't blame them, of course, TAZ Balance will always be their flagship and moneymaker. (Isn't it significantly more popular than MBMBAM, or am I misremembering?)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 16, 2018

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

showbiz_liz posted:

Less than 5 minutes in and I'm already past ep 200. Now I want a chart or something so I can pinpoint the Boy Singularity where it becomes a true catchphrase.
This wasn't worth the effort, but while listening to the video I mapped the boy counts by episode into a spreadsheet.

Here's the distribution of boys per brother:
Griffin: 55%
Justin: 27%
Travis: 17%
Other: 1% (includes recordings, guests, etc.)

The most boys in a single episode was #88 ("Boyskinz"), with 29 boys.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phlag posted:

This wasn't worth the effort, but while listening to the video I mapped the boy counts by episode into a spreadsheet.

these are the Boystatz we crave

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Phlag posted:

:stare:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I expected Griffin to be more than the other brothers combined, but I thought it'd be higher than 55%

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

I'll give it a look. I've tried a couple of the previous ones, and it just doesn't feel as smooth. That, plus the lack of real consequences kind of turns me off the whole concept.

Slight spoilers, but this latest live show ends in a way that will probably somewhat impact later adventures.

Also,

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1057702547060899840

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I would be (pleasantly) shocked if Dracula actually shows up again.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ariong posted:

I would be (pleasantly) shocked if Dracula actually shows up again.

At the very least, if they ever do a full-blown sequel to Balance, I bet they'd use it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
they are absolutely not going to do a full-blown sequel to Balance

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

they are absolutely not going to do a full-blown sequel to Balance

What makes you think that?

If the others were more into the idea of DMing, I'd agree with you... but as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin goes back that well a few games from now.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 17, 2018

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
The Adventure Zone: Balanceder

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

thexerox123 posted:

If the others were more into the idea of DMing, I'd agree with you... but as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin goes back that well a few games from now.

A few games from now would be the better part of a decade, given their current pace. If they're still doing the show, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I think Balance hype will probably have died down by then.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

thexerox123 posted:

griffin himself saying that they'd stick to balance for goofy one-off live shows only for forever because he doesn't want to ruin the ending?

also "a few games from now" means several years.

why does he need to go back to that well at all?

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 17, 2018

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

griffin himself saying that they'd stick to balance for goofy one-off live shows only for forever because he doesn't want to ruin the ending?

also "a few games from now" means several years.

why does he need to go back to that well at all?

He doesn't need to. I didn't say or imply that. And yes, it does mean in several years. So? It's already gone on for several years with no sign of stopping. And most of the family quit their day jobs to focus on podcasting...

But I think it's pretty clear as they've gotten comfortable doing the one-off shows that they can easily do further adventures with those characters set after the end of Balance, if they so choose.

I think the "ruin the ending" concern was more of an immediate aftermath thing. I don't think he used the word "forever".

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 17, 2018

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Sequels are out. Reboots are in.

Same characters, New timeline.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They did that in a live show too.

http://www.maximumfun.org/adventure-zone/adventure-zone-live-austin

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Balance: New Game+

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

But you keep your gear in an NG+.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
GDQX TAZ Balance any% run in 4:20:69 by Various Runners.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I really wanna see a Glitchess one of these days, the Wonderland Skip kind of takes a lot out of the midgame.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I mean sure but it's like the Glitz Pit in TTYD, full of character in a casual playthrough but poison to a speedrun.

That being said, Wonderland leads directly into a visual novel segment where you just have to mash to skip text, so it's all relative.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you jump straight into the Trial of Teamwork dlc from the main menu you can glitch yourself three Merles and stack ZOTs until the will ST goes into negative numbers and Lucretia will just go into the dialogue like you figured everything out and trigger the Hunger fight, but you're stuck at zero bond. Once somebody figures that out the any% record is going out the window

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1063801645589499905

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The McElroy brothers will be Totino's 2

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
It's Extreme restraints

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Is there just no TAZ this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

change my name posted:

Is there just no TAZ this week?

Technically this is the off week, they did two in a row to get the Dracula episode out for Halloween. Their normal schedule would release the episode next week.