Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Arrhythmia posted:

"All Veiled mods will be craftable at your crafting bench once they're unveiled."

So, multimod items are going to be the default endgame for, uh, everything now right?

e: also, is it possible for a party to play the ctf pvp because i am at my loving wits end trying to get into a pubby match for this achievement

It's quite possible multimod has been changed or removed or just doesn't work with these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

It's quite possible multimod has been changed or removed or just doesn't work with these

Or mutually exclusive like so many other newer mods

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Based on what it sounds like, multimod and other previously level 8 mastercrafts are probably going to be very rare nodes in delve or certain rare beasts. I don't think they'll be making access any easier, so the reward will probably match the same time commitment.

Which means three people in guild will get them the first weekend and promptly quit, while people like me will never see them.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Which means Istvaan will get them the first weekend and promptly quit, while people like me will never see them.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

Why not just not get the achievement

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Deformed Church posted:

What time of day does the league start usually? I know mid league patches tend to be very late evening for me (the signal that I should go to bed), is that still the case and if so is it the Thursday/Friday or Friday/Saturday?

I usually just get into it on the Saturday but I've got some leave to burn and figured I may as well take a day for monster clicking.

I don't know how to say this without sounding condescending, so please understand that I'm just trying to give you accurate information:
There's a countdown at the top of pathofexile.com that tells you, down to the second, when the league will start.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Noper Q posted:

I don't know how to say this without sounding condescending, so please understand that I'm just trying to give you accurate information:
There's a countdown at the top of pathofexile.com that tells you, down to the second, when the league will start.

And one on the game login screen

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Noper Q posted:

Note that you can start queuing into a line for the login server well before that (perhaps 1-2 hours?) and the people in the queue invariably start being let in a little early as well, perhaps 15-30 mins before the official launch time.

I think it's just less stressful on the infrastructure than everyone hammering on it simultaneously.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
GGG has gotten a lot better about beefing up the servers on launch weekend too. Last few leagues were pretty ok for launch despite being record high players. I think there was an authentication server crash in Bestiary that cost like 15-20 minutes of time, but Incursion and Delve were both flawless.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

GGG has gotten a lot better about beefing up the servers on launch weekend too. Last few leagues were pretty ok for launch despite being record high players. I think there was an authentication server crash in Bestiary that cost like 15-20 minutes of time, but Incursion and Delve were both flawless.

The only really bad launch I remember in recent times was due to a code error that meant each player used orders of magnitude more server memory than intended. It hosed the servers for a couple of hours before it was fixed, which is really not bad at all when you consider Error 37 and poo poo like that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Thanks for triggering my PTSD, jerk. :argh:

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

OK this time for real I will Play This Videogame (once the league drops), so I'd like an invite to the guild, again. IGN RespondezSilVousPlait

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Noper Q posted:

oh cool thanks. I forgot they did that because I don't visit the main website page because there's literally nothing of any use there when my browser already has the trade site and the forums saved, and I haven't opened the game because I'm not going to patch and open a game I have not played for several weeks and will not play for several more on a regular basis.

edit: secondary question, does the patch usually hit steam much before the opening of the league? My internet is such that the download takes hours so if the league starts at 7pm (which looks like the case) then I'll start playing at like 11.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 16, 2018

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Usually 3-4 hours before league launch.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's been a lot shorter last few leagues. Two hours usually.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

dyzzy posted:

I mean, we'll be delving this next league too

Also I thought it was just a unique that was introduced this league, not an exclusive drop

I would like to know the answer to this because I wanted to play that EE build next league. :ohdear:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

As far as I know, Delve doesn't have any unique drops outside of the boss drops

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
is triple herald BV ele as insane as it looks?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

myDad posted:

Quad herald.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

myDad posted:

only if you have good herald mtx

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

its super good, especially as a first character farming thing, but i dont think it can do uber elder and the super endgame stuff easily, though I might be wrong.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

myDad posted:

Insane in what way? It's not OP at all, but if you like the BV style where you frontload all your keystrokes and then just run, it's good.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I was just browsing poe.ninja & saw a ton of them. Might be a good basis for Winter Orb when Betrayal drops :confused:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

myDad posted:

I was just browsing poe.ninja & saw a ton of them. Might be a good basis for Winter Orb when Betrayal drops :confused:

...that would just be an Elementalist then. They're good. You would run Herald of Ice and Thunder.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Deformed Church posted:

oh cool thanks. I forgot they did that because I don't visit the main website page because there's literally nothing of any use there when my browser already has the trade site and the forums saved, and I haven't opened the game because I'm not going to patch and open a game I have not played for several weeks and will not play for several more on a regular basis.

edit: secondary question, does the patch usually hit steam much before the opening of the league? My internet is such that the download takes hours so if the league starts at 7pm (which looks like the case) then I'll start playing at like 11.

The main site actually updates really often with cool info! It's just too bad it's pretty trash on phones.

Typing this made me realize I used to F5 the D3 main page and read every blue post. Dear god...

Sakco
Jun 6, 2009
Could I get an invite please? Sucky_Weeeeeee ingame.

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
The next time you do invites, could you invite me? Character name is Frohiker

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
WRT winter orb, the more I think about it the more it seems that raider might have more to offer than deadeye. Double strength onslaught is what, +40% cast speed? combine that with the veil/phasing branch and skip frenzy charges, go shield and crit spell dagger, charge to max, shield charge and phase through packs, repeat.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Okay, gonna ask for help on Orlandu_SHIV again: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaboom/characters

I just came into 8ex and am wondering what I can do to make this guy actually good. The build is really fun but currently too squishy. I'm thinking of grabbing a Loreweave, but what else could I do?

edit: Got my Loreweave for 5ex, I guess I should buy some good steel rings.

George fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 17, 2018

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I played skellie mages 3-4 leagues ago and it was easy and safe albeit slow. What's the viability of it nowadays? Thinking of going with it as a league starter.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

George posted:

Okay, gonna ask for help on Orlandu_SHIV again: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaboom/characters

I just came into 8ex and am wondering what I can do to make this guy actually good. The build is really fun but currently too squishy. I'm thinking of grabbing a Loreweave, but what else could I do?

edit: Got my Loreweave for 5ex, I guess I should buy some good steel rings.

You can get a pair of boots with more MS. You can also get a better Atziri's Promise inexpensively. You're also giving up a bunch of damage on your amulet but without seeing your resists I don't know how much you can give up.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Ledif posted:

You can get a pair of boots with more MS. You can also get a better Atziri's Promise inexpensively. You're also giving up a bunch of damage on your amulet but without seeing your resists I don't know how much you can give up.

Yeah I could get away with lower resists on there. Any big recommendations besides flat phys? Also I have a fast QS flask and phase run going for mobility, so the move speed hasn't really felt bad.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

George posted:

Yeah I could get away with lower resists on there. Any big recommendations besides flat phys? Also I have a fast QS flask and phase run going for mobility, so the move speed hasn't really felt bad.

You can get an elemental damage with attacks roll and flat phys or something on the amulet probably? Or a shaped base for something different like %phys as extra or ele penetration, you'll probably benefit from throwing some stuff in a path of building and seeing what sticks. As for mobility, I always feel like more never hurts; running around and killing stuff is what you're doing so running faster is a pretty big part. I'm not entirely sure what your build works best with so I don't want to give bad advice so most of this is pretty generic. What has given you the most difficulty?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
There's an amazing unique for every slot already and now jewelry gets some silly veiled mods, where the hell will I get my resists from :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Passive tree, duh.

Might of the Meek at Scion start and by Marauder Endurance Charge node, problem solved.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 17, 2018

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Arzachel posted:

There's an amazing unique for every slot already and now jewelry gets some silly veiled mods, where the hell will I get my resists from :(

You can craft the veiled mods onto good resist jewellery; if anything this makes it easier to use more rares because you can get things like +1 curse on chest etc.

You can also shore up resists with a few resist mods across your jewels if necessary. I also prefer to use rare helmets for most builds where you don't need a build defining unique. Even losing the damage from, say, Starkonjas on a bow build, tends to be fine since a decent rare with 90+% Res gives you a lot more flexibility on other slots. Finding an opal ring with life and WED is a lot easier when you don't also need it to have resists.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Theory: most of the really good enchants will be on chest to bust the Loreweave/Kaoms/Inpulsa meta. And probably gloves for Tombfists.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I'm thinking of building a lowlife GC mines sab to pursue delving deeper, and possibly delving deeper than my CP inquis. I have ~3ex in currency, and if I convert probably 4-5ex. Pricing my equipment, I come to around 20ex. Can someone else look over my equips and tell me how much they think they're worth?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters/workingthatball

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Will we know anything about new skills any time before league drops? Im dreaming about a crit Lancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They should in theory make a forum post with all changed/new gems at 20/20 at some point.