Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Double weapon XP is now up. It's time to get those operator mods.

I assume the kill counter is still really hard to see so it's pointless to go for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Only tangentially related to this thread but I remembered Wings of Redemption and onlyusemeblade today after nearly a decade and went looking what happened to them and yikes. :smith:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Superanos posted:

Double weapon XP is now up. It's time to get those operator mods.

I assume the kill counter is still really hard to see so it's pointless to go for.

This exact same thing happened in blops3 and they patched it a couple months later. Not sure how this design got through given the stink about it last time.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Probably the same way the 'extra class slots from prestige not working, being your first slot' bug happened AGAIN.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
The Blackout connections are back to being "why bother". I'm point blank unloading VKM's into people when I have full level 3 armor and they are one-shotting me. This loving game is frustrating because every other week it's loving garbage connections.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Your first mistake was using an LMG in Blackout.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I know that killstreak momentum was always a problem in CoD, but I wish there was a group surrender option for when the other team lines up multiple attack choppers and gunships.

Its not much fun waiting for the other team to stop dancing on my corpse.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Matazat posted:

Your first mistake was using an LMG in Blackout.

VKM is the third best weapon in Blackout, friend.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also, can we collectively give a wedgie to the person who came with the Strike Team killstreak?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

VKM is the third best weapon in Blackout, friend.

1. ABR w/ Silencer
2. ABR w/ Extended Barrel
3. ABR w/ nothing
4. VKM

Checks out.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

bear is driving! posted:

The Blackout connections are back to being "why bother". I'm point blank unloading VKM's into people when I have full level 3 armor and they are one-shotting me. This loving game is frustrating because every other week it's loving garbage connections.
It's been the opposite for me, the last week or so I'm suddenly consistently getting 3-4x as many kills as normal.

The game still 100% predictably sends in the noisy support drop plane every time I'm desperately trying to figure out where some footsteps are coming from though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Also, can we collectively give a wedgie to the person who came with the Strike Team killstreak?

I'm curious as to why Treyarch decided to go with a small, but very tough to kill team, rather than a more numerous, but weak one, like Dogs in BLOPS 1.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Once they add kill streaks to Blackout, the mode will be perfect.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Once they add kill streaks to Blackout, the mode will be perfect.

I'd settle for being able to pintle mount an LMG to a helicopter or truck.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

GUI posted:

Only tangentially related to this thread but I remembered Wings of Redemption and onlyusemeblade today after nearly a decade and went looking what happened to them and yikes. :smith:

Holy poo poo, onlyusemyblade that poo poo is GRISLY.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Strike team is super easy to deal with if you care about taking down streaks though? They take so long to call in you can always shoot down the chopper with fmj2 before they land. I would say gunship and drones are the most frustrating killstreak ( non hellfire division)

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

Strike team is super easy to deal with if you care about taking down streaks though? They take so long to call in you can always shoot down the chopper with fmj2 before they land. I would say gunship and drones are the most frustrating killstreak ( non hellfire division)

FMJ II is only useful for taking down streaks so I put it on a separate "gently caress your streaks" class. I guess the other use is taking down Torque's barricade. It's not something I'm running with all the time so by the time my class gets switched the strike team is already in.

But yeah, drones are the worst. Even with Engineer when I see them through walls they just instantly kill me as soon as they have line of sight.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I usually hate the rampart due to the recoil, but I picked up a Rampart operator last night and decided to roll with it instead of parting it out and it's goddamn incredible. I think I'm going to start just picking up Ramparts and not bothering to use them until I can kit it out now. I think I liked it better than a KN which is my favorite AR. Although the KN is still wayy better if you don't have 6 attachments to stick on it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

strike team dies to a single tomahawk hit so running that instead on a class would be a specific hard counter I'd say

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

veni veni veni posted:

I usually hate the rampart due to the recoil, but I picked up a Rampart operator last night and decided to roll with it instead of parting it out and it's goddamn incredible. I think I'm going to start just picking up Ramparts and not bothering to use them until I can kit it out now. I think I liked it better than a KN which is my favorite AR. Although the KN is still wayy better if you don't have 6 attachments to stick on it.

Even with the rampart buff i am not loving it.

AUG >>>>>>> ICR > VAPR > AK > Rampart > Maddox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Swordfish

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i need 8 longshots with the rampart to finally be done with that piece of poo poo forever

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

GUI posted:

Thankfully Sandy Ravage is still cool.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

And Xcal.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Well, whatever they did between now and yesterday was great because everything feels pretty slick right now. There's the occasional red bar superstar ninja flipping around corners with instakill smgs but for the most part I'm having a great time. When do the operator mods unlock for a weapon?

Anyway, the rampart with high caliber feels pretty good if you put your first shot into someone's sternum to compensate for the wild recoil. That usually puts the second shot in their face allowing for a three hit kill as long as you can keep on target.

Edit: The answer is that I should play at prime time. It's Friday evening, of course.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIDZU_x77LY

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

God bless whichever dev implemented ragemics

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That would be :iw:.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I got a double punch at the start of a blackout game tonight.

https://youtu.be/CrrpZethDFA

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I think MW3 started the rage mics?

iirc they don’t work if you’re in a party. Would be cool to be able to turn that on/off. The party VOIP in this game is actually pretty OK, but I know y’all don’t like talking to gamers

I’m a fan of the jerry springer stuff myself ngl

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Someone called me a douchebag last night.
I'm so proud of myself

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Last-gen COD on a PS3 was the best because there was no party chat in the PS3 OS so everyone used the in-game chat. Rage mics always worked!

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

veni veni veni posted:

The best way to spot XIM users in a match is to look for the LLJK clan tag . Then report those dweebs to the authorities.

I use the LLJK tag and don't XIM. Discrimination!

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Unlucky7 posted:

I know that killstreak momentum was always a problem in CoD, but I wish there was a group surrender option for when the other team lines up multiple attack choppers and gunships.

Its not much fun waiting for the other team to stop dancing on my corpse.

When that happens I usually just walk aimlessly around the map firing my gun in to the air. To hell with backing out because I'd rather get the consolation XP for seeing the match through if I'm gonna take a loss.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I like hearing people's Jerry Springer poo poo but it pisses me off when I hear someone on the losing team in MP berating someone who went way negative as if being good at cod is somehow constructive or worthwhile

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wish there was a party level toggleable option to allow game chat in.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I wish Blackout took a cue from The Division and made it so you could hear people in very close proximity talking even when using party chat. Kill campers by listening for the sounds of crying babies and bad music!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

I wish Blackout took a cue from The Division and made it so you could hear people in very close proximity talking even when using party chat. Kill campers by listening for the sounds of crying babies and bad music!

That would be awesome.

I love party chat but I hate that it ruins any chance of using it as a gameplay element.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Kill campers by listening for the sounds of crying babies and bad music!

*dying smoke alarm battery beeps

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Everyone on PC is using Auger now, I don't know if that is just double weapon XP but I'm seeing no Paladins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Carecat posted:

Everyone on PC is using Auger now, I don't know if that is just double weapon XP but I'm seeing no Paladins.

I think it's because it's the only way to level it up without wanting to kill yourself.