Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
"Quite frankly, I didn't even want to use you guys, with your dip and velcro and all your gear bullshit. I wanted to drop a bomb."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure everyone with any involvement in special operations since the 60s has learned to hate SEALs. A decent regular infantry platoon could perform a raid better than the average seal team, at least until probably 2007 or so.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

This specific event happened in 2017 but you do make a good point.
Their culture has been hosed up forever, and will continue being hosed up for a long time to come. It's just fascinating that we got the story a long time before it became news, and it wasn't embellished, they really are that lovely.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Alex_Panetta/st...ingawful.com%2F

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Well to take our minds off of politics we can always panic about the EU directive on copyright bringing the internet to a screeching halt as everything has to be monetized through contract hell. Article 11 is dumb. Article 13 is catastrophic.

Its like everybody had the idea that tariffs were good so lets also apply them to every piece of digital content ever.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Loden Taylor posted:

Oh hey, I remember Shim talking about this during one of his "gently caress SEALs" rants.

Or it was a completely different SEAL re-enlistment ceremony while on an objective surrounded by dead bodies. I assume there have been a bunch of them.

Shim talked about a tomahawk, so unless that was one hosed up retarded hunting knife chances are it was a different one :discourse: :3:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

My high school made every freshman take a “Health and Wellness” semester that covered everything from nutrition to safe(er) sex to ball/breast self exams to CPR and basic first aid.

This was in an area I’d call “very conservative but not hog wild crazy conservative.”

I had a semester of home ec in 7th grade. I learned how to cut a hole in a slice of wonder bread and fry an egg in the middle. Sex ed was equally useful. Utah.

Edit: Shim was ranting about SEALS before they even got OBL. He's probably been out longer than most current team members have been in.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Force de Fappe posted:

Shim talked about a tomahawk, so unless that was one hosed up retarded hunting knife chances are it was a different one :discourse: :3:
Custom Tomahawks were a gift given to certain SEALs, and they were using them to mutilate corpses collect DNA evidence. It's a widespread issue. They also like to "canoe" corpses. Which means shooting the forehead at an angle so the bullet digs a cone shaped divot in their head. In addition to being stupid and ghoulish it also fucks with body identification. Supposedly one of the idiots on the Bin Laden raid did it to him. If true than these "quiet professionals" couldn't manage to behave themselves during the most important mission of their lives.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

I had a semester of home ec in 7th grade. I learned how to cut a hole in a slice of wonder bread and fry an egg in the middle. Sex ed was equally useful. Utah.

Middle school home ec taught me to make french toast, fry an egg, sew buttons onto things, and we made tiny throw pillows. There were also some oldass books we found in a cabinet that were extremely “how to make sure your hardworking husband never deals with problems or kids at home.”

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Slim Pickens posted:

Why stop at combat lifesaver training? Every child an infantryman

Is that at the root of what started Boy Scouts? Teaching fieldcraft basics to a population that was rapidly urbanizing?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I hope every one of these people suffers.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Middle school home ec taught me to make french toast, fry an egg, sew buttons onto things, and we made tiny throw pillows. There were also some oldass books we found in a cabinet that were extremely “how to make sure your hardworking husband never deals with problems or kids at home.”

I sewed some lovely stuffed baseball bat

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Did we post these pictures yet

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Brain worms.

It’s a family affair.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

mods changed my name posted:

Did we post these pictures yet

"What is; heavily doctored images"

Who the gently caress do they think they're fooling?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
The same people that believes a word that Trump says

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Same loving retards who believed the clintons were running a child rape ring out of a DC pizzeria basement.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I guess this is a reminder that Trump is a consequence, not a cause, of chudism.

Also I bet these California fire theorists would freak out if you remind them that there's flouride in tap water.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i think the orbital laser mishap was a thing in the beginning RoboCop news segment but it hit South Africa maybe? I don't really have a point other than I only think in terms of Robocop Related Y/N.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
My dad was an SF officer that deployed with JSOC when it was SEAL Team 6s turn in Afghanistan.

A SOF task force lead by one of the Special Forces Groups was located across the street from the JSOC compound. Every day my dad wished he could have been deployed with them instead of SEAL Team 6. SF was out in the hinterlands following leads all day and all night. The SEALs sat around waiting for big leads.

This was during the first few years of the GWOT and the SEALs weren't at all accustomed to fighting in a land locked country. Making tactical mistakes even regular Army troops knew not to do.

Frequently his reaction to their plans was "are you loving kidding me? THAT is what you want to do?"

The events of Lone Survivor happened not long after he left, he wasn't at all surprised it happened. As a senior SF officer working with them he spent a substantial amount of time trying to keep them from making what were to him very obvious, stupid errors in judgement and planning.

Just take a look at which SOF unit SOF Task Forces are built around and lead by and which one isn't.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

mods changed my name posted:

i think the orbital laser mishap was a thing in the beginning RoboCop news segment but it hit South Africa maybe? I don't really have a point other than I only think in terms of Robocop Related Y/N.

I'm pretty sure the orbital laser in Robocop hit California because they mentioned the deaths of some former US presidents.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

McNally posted:

I'm pretty sure the orbital laser in Robocop hit California because they mentioned the deaths of some former US presidents.

Yeah lol, I think you're right. I'm thinking of the Neutron bomb part with South Africa, which also has the orbiting "peace platform" but just the weightlessness part. I can't find the clip on youtube right now for the laser though. Was that maybe in 2?

Robocops knew

edit: loving searching for it just brings up the current conspiracy theories

edit2: I'm going to have to watch Robocop again now its been awhile

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LKQ3eX9pEg&t=171s

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Madurai posted:

Is that at the root of what started Boy Scouts? Teaching fieldcraft basics to a population that was rapidly urbanizing?

It's why I teach scouts. I live in AK and do search and rescue. One of the worst things we had was a kid who made it to shore and died while huddled under a tree. If he would have known how to build a half rear end shelter he probably would have made it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Force de Fappe posted:

Same loving retards who believed the clintons were running a child rape ring out of a DC pizzeria basement instead of merely being clients of one on billionaire island
:d2a:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Jim Acosta, the reporter who got his press pass taken from Trump gets his pass back

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media/cnn-trump-lawsuit-hearing/index.html posted:

CNN's Jim Acosta has returned to his post at the White House following a court ruling that forced the Trump administration to reinstate his press pass.

"It's not a big deal," Trump told Fox News in an interview on Friday. "What they said, though, is that we have to create rules and regulations for conduct, etcetera. We're going to write them up. It's not a big deal. If he misbehaves, we'll throw him out or we'll stop the news conference."

"1. Anyone who makes me mad gets kickd owt"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Melthir posted:

It's why I teach scouts. I live in AK and do search and rescue. One of the worst things we had was a kid who made it to shore and died while huddled under a tree. If he would have known how to build a half rear end shelter he probably would have made it.

The local sea scout program in my town just reactivated under new leadership. Gonna meet with the retired chief who volunteered to run it. He has no experience running a scout unit but lots of free time. I’m gonna try hard to push it in the direction of Bay Area, CA sea explorers instead of some unholy Navy cadet bullshit.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Here's that Intercept piece on seal war crimes from a while ago:

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/10/the-crimes-of-seal-team-6/

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Every navy affiliate scout program ends up some how worse then the navy. At least the coasties and local PDs generally don't actively try to turn the kids into fart huffers.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Melthir posted:

Every navy affiliate scout program ends up some how worse then the navy. At least the coasties and local PDs generally don't actively try to turn the kids into fart huffers.

I got the kids best interest at heart since I grew up in the program. I’ll be damned if the focus isn’t on practical seamanship and safety afloat over marching and uniforms.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D97gwGlMFE

This is how the Q people think

edit: it gets a little :nws: at the very very end

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Stacy Abrams just conceded.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/16/18050502/georgia-governor-election-brian-kemp-winner

E: sorry, effectively conceded. The seat was blatantly stolen.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I got the kids best interest at heart since I grew up in the program. I’ll be damned if the focus isn’t on practical seamanship and safety afloat over marching and uniforms.

There were some Sea cadets at Corry Station when I was there for a C school. They had them out at 545am doing pt on the ground in disgusting mud puddles in a downpour.

I laughed as I drove my rear end to the galley to eat biscuits and gravy. Wonder if they ever learned the Navy doesn't do that poo poo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Stacy Abrams just conceded.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/16/18050502/georgia-governor-election-brian-kemp-winner

E: sorry, effectively conceded. The seat was blatantly stolen.

we're literally on some banana republic poo poo in THE SOUTH now

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D97gwGlMFE

This is how the Q people think

edit: it gets a little :nws: at the very very end

this poo poo mad long for some conspiracy brother poo poo man gently caress you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Turkey just released photos of Khashoggi's dismemberment

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Where are you seeing this? Not picked up by any news site I can see yet.

this is blatantly outing me as not being on twitter but whatever

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Soulex posted:

Turkey just released photos of Khashoggi's dismemberment

where

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I want to see photographs of the dismembered journalist as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
From reddit:

http://imgur.com/a/5S52HsO

Obviously NSFL