Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

Yes. Also I love how in all of those terrible memes, half or more of the poo poo in them is just poo poo no one needs to do anymore. "why don't we teach kids to balance a checkbook or change oil anymore??" well grandma, it's because no one under 80 writes checks & I can see all the transactions I've ever made from this handy app on my phone, and I'd rather spend the extra $2 on an oil change that proves I've been taking care of my car than do it myself.

What I'd like to see for a class in primary school is how to fact check and properly use a search engine.

yeah, changing oil isn't hard. but instead of crawling my fat rear end around on the asphalt under my modern car with less than a foot of clearance and then dealing with disposing oil and all that nonsense i can just pay some dude twenty bucks to do it in ten minutes

back in grandma's day they'd just pour it into holes in the ground. no kidding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know how to change the oil in my and I'm never going to find out how to do it either.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

I don't know how to change the oil in my and I'm never going to find out how to do it either.

-put pan under oil drain plug
-pull oil drain plug without spilling oil all over your idiot face
-watch oil drain into pan
-change oil filter if necessary (this part can be a huge pain in the rear end depending on what kind of car you have)
-replace oil drain plug
-make drat sure you replaced the oil drain plug
-triple check the oil drain plug
-yes i have poured many quarts of oil straight through my car onto the garage floor before
-put the appropriate amount of oil back into the car, having checked to ensure the oil drain plug is closed and the oil filter is firmly seated
-deal with a pan full of used motor oil by taking it to an auto parts store or something, or just throw it in a creek if you're a huge piece of poo poo

i just forced you to learn how to change your oil against your will because i am haunted by the nagging ghost of a dipshit boomer who thinks that putting up with all this crap to save the cost of a cheap meal for two is somehow morally necessary in the year 2018

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
Ah poo poo guys, I'm out of oil, better buy a new car.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Andrast posted:

It's easy as hell, but assuming you give a poo poo about the environment getting rid of it is way more of a hassle than it's worth compared to the 30 bucks it costs to get it done by a professional.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

luxury handset posted:

-put pan under oil drain plug
-pull oil drain plug without spilling oil all over your idiot face
-watch oil drain into pan
-change oil filter if necessary (this part can be a huge pain in the rear end depending on what kind of car you have)
-replace oil drain plug
-make drat sure you replaced the oil drain plug
-triple check the oil drain plug
-yes i have poured many quarts of oil straight through my car onto the garage floor before
-put the appropriate amount of oil back into the car, having checked to ensure the oil drain plug is closed and the oil filter is firmly seated
-deal with a pan full of used motor oil by taking it to an auto parts store or something, or just throw it in a creek if you're a huge piece of poo poo

i just forced you to learn how to change your oil against your will because i am haunted by the nagging ghost of a dipshit boomer who thinks that putting up with all this crap to save the cost of a cheap meal for two is somehow morally necessary in the year 2018

lol if you think I read more than the first line of the instructions

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Tweets from a man who totally wasn't just dumped.

https://twitter.com/AJA_Cortes/status/1057365409312137216

This thread, jesus christ. I swear I'm gonna end up stop being bi simply because I can't even imagine dating any man that acts even 1/10 like this.

Good person:

Bad person:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1063498051329773569

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
IoSM: There are many males like me

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

jobson groeth posted:

IoSM: There are many males like me

And they all loving suck.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah put me in the pile of 'I lived in the UK and didn't touch a check since the 90s, but now I'm in the US and ugggggggh I have to deal with these things again'.

Also due to my naivete of the drat things, someone stole a check I'd already cashed, scribbled out the part on the back where I wrote that it was deposited and somehow convinced a teller that it was perfectly legit for him to have a check in someone elses in name with something scratched out and deposited it again. And so the bank took the money from my account, and told to me to go swivel. Yay, two weeks wages gone.
:psyduck: How did you end up with a check you had cashed once in your possession? Also, why didn't you cover that cashed check in sharpie from corner to corner and/or shred it? Can't cash a censor bar.

Your bank sounds like trash; my bank wouldn't even accept a check that was totally correctly written out because the person who wrote it misspelled the word eighty.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I deposit everything online, so I still retain the check. I now sharpie & destroy them after they've cleared, but I had no idea a check could be run through the system again without it erroring due to being submitted previously. I know this now, sadly. I never thought I'd say I miss the UK banking system, but here we are.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

EL BROMANCE posted:

I deposit everything online, so I still retain the check. I now sharpie & destroy them after they've cleared, but I had no idea a check could be run through the system again without it erroring due to being submitted previously. I know this now, sadly. I never thought I'd say I miss the UK banking system, but here we are.

So their security failed at literally every step, multiple Banks were clearly at fault for not following their own standards, and you're eating the subsequent costs?

...yeah, sounds about right.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ularg posted:

Tweets from a man who totally wasn't just dumped.

https://twitter.com/AJA_Cortes/status/1057365409312137216

This thread, jesus christ. I swear I'm gonna end up stop being bi simply because I can't even imagine dating any man that acts even 1/10 like this.

Good person:

Bad person:

I don't like this AOC genderswap

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

All of my psychology appointments have been paid through welfare systems. America is Broken :/

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

what the gently caress kind of therapist costs hundreds of dollars an hour

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Why don't you have direct deposit?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not sure, it's a really small company and I guess it must be easier for them to do it this way for whatever reason.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

luxury handset posted:

Insurance reimbursement rates are abysmal for therapy so: the ones that don't take insurance.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Panfilo posted:

Why don't you have direct deposit?

Apparently direct deposit costs extra fees. My old job didn't have direct deposit because the owner didn't want to pay the extra for it. He also didn't pay overtime. All overtime was paid for in a personal check under the table because he got taxed less that way

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

This might have been true at one point but any sane bank (read: credit union) will prefer DD over physical checks because envelopes containing paper mean wage-hours to process. Direct deposit comes in over the nightly ACH batch that they’re handling anyway.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

luxury handset posted:

Technically all of them except insurance pays it. If I miss a visit I pay out of pocket for the appointment I didn't go to - it's $300. Really introduced some feelings of enmity for the therapist I'm seeing to help with feelings stemming from unemployment

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Frog Act posted:

Technically all of them except insurance pays it. If I miss a visit I pay out of pocket for the appointment I didn't go to - it's $300. Really introduced some feelings of enmity for the therapist I'm seeing to help with feelings stemming from unemployment

I went to a counselor once and while I was waiting for him to get there (he was almost an hour late) I read all my first time documents and apparently if I was late once it was free the second time I would have to pay the full $250 and no longer be a patient

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Len posted:

I went to a counselor once and while I was waiting for him to get there (he was almost an hour late) I read all my first time documents and apparently if I was late once it was free the second time I would have to pay the full $250 and no longer be a patient

I got banned from the only dentist in a <1hr drive for cancelling two appointments with 48hr notice. really wish i didnt my current dentist is probably glad i did though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I hope to christ he doesn't run, and if he did hit a woman I hope he rots in jail, but Avvenatti's twitter game is insane.
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1063586738939916288

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Indicated man.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Frog Act posted:

The one time I was inpatient for suicidal ideation I spent significantly more time talking with billing department WHILE I was inpatient than talking to any therapist or doctor because they used the wrong name for my insurance.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Hi, everyone. I have problems with my spine, and also a small cup full of nail clippings from my cat. I have searched, and searched, and searched, and I can't find anything that says boiled cat toenails don't regrow spinal discs and repair damaged nerves. This means it is absolutely feasible that I can cure my spine with cat detritus, right?

Lowtax alt spotted

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

I hope to christ he doesn't run, and if he did hit a woman I hope he rots in jail, but Avvenatti's twitter game is insane.
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1063586738939916288

Avenatti is basically Cool Trump.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

chitoryu12 posted:

Avenatti is basically Cool Trump.

Hasn't he been accused of domestic abuse?

EDIT: Like, let's not call him cool until we can be sure he doesn't hit people. If you hit people, especially the person you're supposed to love, you are not cool.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

EDIT: Like, let's not call him cool until we can be sure he doesn't hit people. If you hit people, especially the person you're supposed to love, you are not cool.

the domestic abuse issues seem to be jacob wohl filing a fake report with the police

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

What if his wife’s a nazi?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Arivia posted:

the domestic abuse issues seem to be jacob wohl filing a fake report with the police

loving really? At this point I'm pretty sure Wohl's the protagonist of a lovely sitcom.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Screaming Idiot posted:

“Cool Trump” still has “Trump” as part of it.

Maybe more “Trump with sunglasses and finger guns”.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Arivia posted:

....no loving way.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No ones sure but we do know that the wife had not seen him in months so it wasn’t her at least.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

....no loving way.

Seriously, Wohl's fake law office behind his Mueller accusations took credit for the accusations against Avenatti too https://www.thedailybeast.com/avenatti-arrest-draws-in-stormy-daniels-and-jacob-wohl

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Yeah, here's a recap of the whole weird situation, and also I guess this is what Snopes does these days: https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/11/16/michael-avenatti-was-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charges-and-then-things-got-weird/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Haha, I remember people saying right after the news broke that there was no way that even Jacob Wohl was stupid enough to do that.