Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Thank the lord for goons or I think I'd be dying of frustration of never being revived by medics.

I second the previous post, good core mechanic but there is some hefty broken poo poo in it right now.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

And by broken bugs like stuck in a map loading hell (over and over and over), team balancing not working and having some games go 42vs22, a medic reviving you so hard you fall through the floor... Not being able to unlock perks for your guns until you quit the server you are in... Support's AT pistol doing no damage sometimes (something like 2 or 3 points of damage on direct impacts to the side) and so on. Weapon balance is hilarious, some weapons are useless pieces of poo poo and others kill you in two frames. Medic crates and ammo crates are useless now since people don't stop by and use them so you just run with pouches and call it a day...

The list is long, still fun but is more broken that BF4's release which was a mess but because of crashes on PC because the gameplay was working from day 1 unlike this one.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
what to heck BF5 is out soon??

maybe i'll see all you shmucks out there after Thanksgiving

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Thank the lord for goons or I think I'd be dying of frustration of never being revived by medics.

I second the previous post, good core mechanic but there is some hefty broken poo poo in it right now.

As someone who plays strictly medic, thanks! Glad people appreciate the few of us that make rezzing anything half dead a priority. It's a game to me: what crazy revive can I pull off without me or my patient dying immediately after?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Tei posted:

I just don't believe you.

You are not the first that I read that say that.

But I attribute it to peasantry. Infantry always have funny ideas about what make a BF game good.

Infantry combat is way better than the shitfest BF1 was.

Vehicles are somewhat better, but they're still a gigantic step back from pre BF1 titles.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

buying a battlefield game at launch is basically volunteering to be a QA tester except you lose money doing it

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The server crashing whenever someone would bring down the tower on Siege of Shanghai was a real #battlefieldmoment

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Game is fun but unbalanced, with bugs.

Tommy has bad aim.

Tommy has found a Battlefield gadget that let him ambush and kill other players.

Tommy is having fun.

Jimmy has good aim and fast reaction times.

Tommy killed Jimmy using a cheap strategy.

Game developers update the game. You can't use anymore gadget to ambush players.

Game developers update the game. You can't use anymore cheap strategy.

Tommy can't outsmart Jimmy anymore.

Tommy lose all encounters against Jimmy.

Jimmy is happy. Now his good aim and fast reflex win him all encounters.

Tommy is not happy. He can't outsmart Jimmy, because the game developers have fixed and patched all strategies to ambush and outsmart enemies.

Game is balanced and have not bugs, but is very boring.

Tommy stop playing the game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tommy shouldnt suck at shooting

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Tei posted:

Tommy is not happy. He can't outsmart Jimmy, because the game developers have fixed and patched all strategies to ambush and outsmart enemies.

This is an awful lot of what I'm feeling with BFV but I'm wondering if I just haven't unlocked enough guns yet.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

RCarr posted:

Tommy shouldn’t suck at shooting

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

When does the server go live for Deluxe? My 10 hour trial is running out today.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Apparently 12am est on the 15th for ps4. I think an hour earlier for Xbox?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Stupid question, the EA Access thing on Xbox is not the full game, right? You have to shell out 60 bucks for the thing

BobbyBaudoin posted:

This really feels like a game that you piss blood in if you don't get at least one functional partner in your squad.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CuddleCryptid posted:

Stupid question, the EA Access thing on Xbox is not the full game, right? You have to shell out 60 bucks for the thing

This really feels like a game that you piss blood in if you don't get at least one functional partner in your squad.

You get 10% off but pretty much. The games dont go completely free until the next version is about to drop or it sales tank and no one buys it like Need for Speed.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

10% off plus a 10 hour free trial, which is more than enough for most EA games. :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RCarr posted:

Tommy shouldnt suck at shooting

:agreed:

It's a drat FPS. If you suck at shooting and want to ride your spergmobile, War Thunder and World of Tanks are there.

If you want to ride in a tank to get out to repair it, then use the tank as cover and as support for your LMG and mow down assaults with panzerfausts it's your game.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Just occurred to me that XIM users are going to have an absolute field day in this game.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I broke down and bought the deluxe edition of BFV in order to play tonight. The news that it's a bit rough right now doesnt bother me, I played pubg on xbox when it released and that loving mess didnt stop me from playing and enjoying it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I played some more BFV and its growing on me. Its still ridiculous that that they removed spotting from the game though. What the gently caress.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

before I decide to reenlist in BUTT platoon, what are our options for messing with worthless snipers and pubbies in general?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Does Xbox have a platoon or whatever? Add dr fatsaq if so plz

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Man, I wish xbox capture was less poo poo because I just mowed down about 20 guys in the tank through smoke bombs on the bridge to win a conquest game 1-0 and it only caught the last bit.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 18, 2018

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
This game is a lot of fun. I cant wait to play with y'all.

Eljebus0 on PSN if you wants to shoot men and women.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Hey guys, go ahead add me on Xbox, CASTLE BR4V0

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RCarr posted:

I played some more BFV and its growing on me. Its still ridiculous that that they removed spotting from the game though. What the gently caress.

If you play recon, the googles give you 3d spotting (for the team) and support class, at level 8 can select a perk that once you fully suppress someone it'll do a 3d spotting too. But yeah, forget about doritos and put your face close to the screen because you have to see a pixel at distance to shoot them now. Players still appear on minimap when they shoot or get "danger pinged" so my advice is that on advanced gameplay options tune minimap for a distance of 150m or something like that (I like 180m).

Killing snipers at range can be even more frustrating since they can 3d spot you but you can't and now you can move while ADS a sniper rifle and still have near perfect accuracy so you'll see Counter-Strike level sniping where they strafe, show a few pixels shoot and hide. You may hit them once but you're dead. To avoid that, when I start shooting someone I don't stop until I empty my magazine because some players grew reckless knowing this new "visual recoil without spread" and they will keep popping out of cover to finish you. If you don't stop firing they'll eat your bullets.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Here's a reminder that I made a Playstation Community for BF1 that worked out pretty well for the first year or so in that game. It has around 150-200 members right now, and should help you guys find each other for games.

It's called Battlegoons. Send an invite and I'll let you in!

blackknight
Oct 16, 2008
Playing BFV tonight on PS4, EST, psn is carlsagan42069. Let us get muntered.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Xbox goons add me, GT is Baconfeet

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Anybody else been getting hosed hard by netcode? Was just playin for a few hours on PS4 and was consistently getting one-framed and killed waaaaaay behind cover. Havent been running across this at all on PC, other than the well-known issues with KE7 and StG 1-5 one-framing people.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Played a bit last night with breastler and it was fun despite us losing 6 games in a row!

PSN WARUGADO Eastern US

I wont be able to play again until Monday but add me we'll squad up.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Noctone posted:

Anybody else been getting hosed hard by netcode? Was just playin for a few hours on PS4 and was consistently getting one-framed and killed waaaaaay behind cover. Haven’t been running across this at all on PC, other than the well-known issues with KE7 and StG 1-5 one-framing people.

I've had a few sketchy deaths like that yeah. It wasn't consistent but it still happened now and then

Also add me on psn if anyone wants to squad up! Psn: breastler

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

lambskin posted:

I've had a few sketchy deaths like that yeah. It wasn't consistent but it still happened now and then

Also add me on psn if anyone wants to squad up! Psn: breastler

Hey lemme know if you're gonna be on. I missed playing bf1 with you! Just send me a psn message and I'll see it on my phone. I'm available all weekend

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

For sure! I miss the days of playing the French dlc with the butt clan.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I really need to play with goons. I was playing last night, and someone actually started talking on the mic, then promptly told me how upset he was that game wasn't WW2 because "they took out all the nazi stuff and added all the women" and it was 100% in earnest. So I had to switch squads.

I want to be playing with people who want to win.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

I really need to play with goons. I was playing last night, and someone actually started talking on the mic, then promptly told me how upset he was that game wasn't WW2 because "they took out all the nazi stuff and added all the women" and it was 100% in earnest. So I had to switch squads.

I want to be playing with people who want to win.

Lol that he bought it anyway

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Lol that he bought it anyway

Sounds like the steam "Boycott Modern Warfare 2" page where everyone was playing MW2.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I never understood the people who have their mic on and aren't actively using it. Listening to music/yelling at their kids or spouse/rambling to themselves about nonsense get kicked from my squad.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Now that I know the netcode sucks Ill only buy this game if it also has Lancang Dam style rubberbanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

humpthewind posted:

I never understood the people who have their mic on and aren't actively using it. Listening to music/yelling at their kids or spouse/rambling to themselves about nonsense get kicked from my squad.

I remember during MW2 youd hear like, a beat coming from a stereo in the background, and then suddenly some dude would start poorly freestyling over it. And its just like, dude you think someone in your Call of Duty server is gonna give you a record contract or what? Please shut the gently caress up.

Also yeah, I dont get people who have mics on and its just the trashiest family drama happening in the background. Dumb as hell