Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"They" is about as respectful as you can get when referring to a person of unknown gender. I feel like this is one of those exceptions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Raxivace posted:

IIRC English isn’t dt’s first language...the singular they is something he can maybe be cut some slack on.

Yeah, I've always used it as plural.

Anyways

Is confirmed the manga will skip the Broly movie entirely and will instead have a manga original arc set after the movie. This is a supposed leak about it.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1063467092303736832

People are speculating if this could lead to a more direct connection between Super and Heroes since the mysterious new guy in SDBH World Mission is sporting the Galactic Patrol Emblem in his person.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

More Jaco is always welcome.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

I'm actually shocked that the manga is skipping Broly. I mean, it's another chance to have Goku steal the show with a new powerup where he fuses with Vegeta, but somehow only gets Vegeta's power and otherwise stays Goku, before kicking Frieza into a sun, before high fiving Broly and showing that only he could befriend Broly or some poo poo.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe he's secretly a Broly fan or is scared to get crucified by the old and new Broly fanbase that is going to come up from Super Broly. Maybe they just want to try something that can be entirely his/experiment some ideas for a show to do.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Some of the original stuff he's put into the adaptations have been good, so an arc Toyo does entirely by himself seems like it has potential.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Wheat Loaf posted:

One of the more disappointing things about GT is how Uub is sidelined for a lot of it.

One of the most dissapointing things in GT is how EVERYONE is sidelined except Goku. 7 Dragons, 7 heroes. IT should not have been that hard.

The only thing that I really appreciate about GT is the Latam opening, which is my favorite Latam Dragon Ball opening. Paradoxically, the Latam Super openings are among the worst.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Magil of Shadow posted:

I'm actually shocked that the manga is skipping Broly. I mean, it's another chance to have Goku steal the show with a new powerup where he fuses with Vegeta, but somehow only gets Vegeta's power and otherwise stays Goku, before kicking Frieza into a sun, before high fiving Broly and showing that only he could befriend Broly or some poo poo.

the manga skipped rof too, so it's not without precedent

what I'm curious about is whether the anime will cover this arc that the manga is about to start. the idea of a manga original filler arc is wild to me

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The next manga arc is actually going to be about Cooler.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

lezard_valeth posted:

The only thing that I really appreciate about GT is the Latam opening, which is my favorite Latam Dragon Ball opening. Paradoxically, the Latam Super openings are among the worst.

The Adrian Barba versions are great though, so I'll keep ignoring the "official" versions forever in favour of the actually good ones.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

the manga skipped rof too, so it's not without precedent

what I'm curious about is whether the anime will cover this arc that the manga is about to start. the idea of a manga original filler arc is wild to me

Yeah but ultimately ROF is kind of a filler arc. It doesn’t really add anything to the story, hell its only contribution is blue which happens off screen. So I think this does day a bit how important Broly is.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah but ultimately ROF is kind of a filler arc. It doesn’t really add anything to the story, hell its only contribution is blue which happens off screen. So I think this does day a bit how important Broly is.

And establishing freeza's Golden form

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
I read the spoilers and

Super big of Freeza to use a wish that would finally allow his wife Goku to wear all his nice heels when they go out together

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

lezard_valeth posted:

One of the most dissapointing things in GT is how EVERYONE is sidelined except Goku. 7 Dragons, 7 heroes. IT should not have been that hard.

On one hand I appreciate other characters getting a push but on the other, it's sort of weird how Master Roshi had this Super era comeback.

Fair enough for the Tournament of Power; I think emphasising that he has experience to compensate for his relative lack of power is a nice change of pace. But it was odd how he's brought to fight Freeza's men when Tien shows up and says be left Chiaotzu and Yamcha behind because even Freeza's low-level goons are more than they can handle.

(I didn't really enjoy the Resurrection of F movie that much - it was just okay.)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It isn't bad for other characters to exist and do things besides Goku and Vegeta to a lesser extent. Having Frieza out and about allows openings to Cooler things.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I really hope they don't do Canon!Cooler next. Broly had a unique aesthetic and gimmick that was worth salvaging from his terrible original characterisation and backstory so I appreciate why he got a do-over, but Cooler really is just a lovely Xtreme knock-off of a much better character. Do something else with the other universes and the gods, we really don't need every film-only villain to be dredged up and given their own arc.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wouldn't mind Cooler *existing* in-canon in some capacity, but yeah I hope they don't make a big to-do of him the way they did Broly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

if he acts like dbza cooler I dont mind it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Or if Freeza just hates him eternally (because he's taller) but doesn't really do anything about it except whine.

The important thing that was missing from either Cooler movie was any personality or motivation at all. Partially because he never interacted with Freeza or Cold on screen, and just showed up...wait I don't even remember why he even came to Earth.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Darko posted:

Or if Freeza just hates him eternally (because he's taller) but doesn't really do anything about it except whine.

The important thing that was missing from either Cooler movie was any personality or motivation at all. Partially because he never interacted with Freeza or Cold on screen, and just showed up...wait I don't even remember why he even came to Earth.

To kick Goku rear end for killing Frieza.

They did try and set up some sort of thing with Cooler, it just doesn’t work.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

To kick Goku rear end for killing Frieza.

They did try and set up some sort of thing with Cooler, it just doesn’t work.

Didnt he say he didnt even like Freeza but he had to just because that was embarrassing or something. And then he didn't somehow realize he was weaker than his brother at the time?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Darko posted:

Didnt he say he didnt even like Freeza but he had to just because that was embarrassing or something. And then he didn't somehow realize he was weaker than his brother at the time?

Maybe? To be honest I don’t think I’ve seen any of the movies more than once. I just remember his motivation really vaguely.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

make cooler a girl

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cooler only fights Goku because Goku killing Frieza makes the family look bad, he hates his brother. Cooler is a character I can easily see something good being made out of especially if you actually have him interact with his brother at all, but they can't just do what they're doing with Broly. I feel like that goes for a lot of the movie characters if they're looking to canonize some of the more popular ones, but to be honest I don't hate the idea of making some of them canon as long as they do right by the characters/make them more fun than they are in the films. Like the fact that Cooler apparently attains Golden form in Heroes entirely out of spite for Frieza is one of the most amazing things.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Make it so the reason Freeza got to take over the Planet Trade Organisation despite being the younger brother is that Cooler was an honest businessman who was content with his position as regional manager for a mid-sized intergalactic casual dining chain, which disappointed their father.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

multijoe posted:

I really hope they don't do Canon!Cooler next. Broly had a unique aesthetic and gimmick that was worth salvaging from his terrible original characterisation and backstory so I appreciate why he got a do-over, but Cooler really is just a lovely Xtreme knock-off of a much better character. Do something else with the other universes and the gods, we really don't need every film-only villain to be dredged up and given their own arc.

I want Tree of Might to be canon in some capacity because I really liked that gimmick. Not saying Turles has to be canon but like the tree itself and its power enhancing fruit should be canon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Captain Baal posted:

Like the fact that Cooler apparently attains Golden form in Heroes entirely out of spite for Frieza is one of the most amazing things.

Yup

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think Frost has an older brother too?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bumper Stickup posted:

I want Tree of Might to be canon in some capacity because I really liked that gimmick. Not saying Turles has to be canon but like the tree itself and its power enhancing fruit should be canon.

Turles eventually ran into Tarble and together they wandered selfishly in the universe, destroyed whatever they liked, ate delicious food... and drank delicious likka!

There is nothing like this enjoyable life!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

Big sister, Ice.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Yea he'd be named Chill but the bad Bardock special took that name.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I will always like tree of might for not giving the villian a motive or even a reason for going to earth.

He is just there and wants to garden.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Canonize Chilled and make him just the DBZA version of Chilled, please

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what other dbz movie villains would be popular enough for them to bring into the show? I could see cooler if only because freeza's been such a big part of super, but lord slug? turles? probably not

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Garlic Junior is the only other one to appear multiple times so him.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hitler.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Garlic Junior is the only other one to appear multiple times so him.

he's already been in the show but I guess they could bring the dead zone stuff back

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's already been in the show but I guess they could bring the dead zone stuff back

Hey if Frieza can come back five times we can reopen the dead zone once.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

true but freeza's a billion times more popular than garlic jr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You take that back mother fucker