Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

To be fair all shotguns are murder machines right now. You're just trying to decide which one has the most aids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

To be fair all shotguns are murder machines right now. You're just trying to decide which one has the most aids.

This is a good point. The reliable 1 hit kill range on the worst possible archetype/roll and best possible archetype/roll is, quite literally, 6-9m, which is within the margin of Host Advantage anyway.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

why the gently caress u running ursa when you get 8 million doom fang shield tosses that don't ever miss?

https://i.imgur.com/W5D1tde.gifv

lmao "aiming", who tf does that anymore?

Uh thats awesome. How do I get multiple shield tosses??

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Any gun works until you’re in skilled lobbies

Any shotgun works until you’re in really skilled lobbies

Only retold, dust rock, mindbender and toilet trouble (and chappy but that’s it’s own thing) work in really skilled lobbies

This has been basically true with different names for all of destinys history

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dennis McClaren posted:

Uh thats awesome. How do I get multiple shield tosses??

Being Bottom Is Best. It applies to Sentinel Perk Tree as much as Life.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Impact stat is kind of king. Dusk rock has the most range for the most impact. That's why it's aids.

I think his point in that it has the same stats as Retold Tale but people mostly talk about Dust Rock Blues around here.

My guess is that it’s just because DRB lets you run Trust or Luna’s in your energy slot. If you’re using Bygones then you can get pretty much the same shotgun in the energy slot with Retold Tale.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Yeah, and it's even better with Pump Action. Going ape and getting three supers for it is :discourse:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao people use shotguns when telesto and light reactor exist

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Put
Ur
Miserable
Purples

Away,
Cvnvcnv.
Telesto
Immediately
Obliterates
Noobs

I
Say

Be
A
Dear.

Use
Superior
Exotics

Like,
IDK...
Guns
Heaving
Their

Round
Explosive
Adhesive
Clusters.
Telesto
O'clock,
Retard!!!!!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Now that's commitment to a bit

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
How do I get better at PvP? Are there any sites I should be reading? YT channels I should be watching to get tips?
I'm on Ps4, 540P.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dennis McClaren posted:

How do I get better at PvP? Are there any sites I should be reading? YT channels I should be watching to get tips?
I'm on Ps4, 540P.

My solution was just to be really bad for a really long time until after enough practice, my game finally came together.

And I'm hoping to move past the being bad part soon!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Also its really easy to just farm a god roll for DRB in a certain lost sector in the edz.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm on Ps4, 540P.

watch this dude's videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coolguytips

he's calm, collected and exclusively rates gear and gives advice to the console player base.

edit: ok im not sure what is up with the fucky linking. here's one of his vids direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74e3mByi0d0

just back track from that to get to his channel page

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 16, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

watch this dude's videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
he's calm, collected and exclusively rates gear and gives advice to the console player base.

Your link was broken, I fixed it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

whoops, fixed my post. im not sure its safe to click your link

:ohdear:

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

Man I miss that chest.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nnnnooooooo! Why'd I do!?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lmao people use shotguns when telesto and light reactor exist

I got a dupe nezarec's sin on my voidlock that i was pissed about getting until i found out it rolled with light reactor and fusion rifle reserves. the way was made clear.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spiv posted:

Man I miss that chest.

My personal favorite was this map

https://i.imgur.com/ojwkohY.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Astrochicken posted:

I got a dupe nezarec's sin on my voidlock that i was pissed about getting until i found out it rolled with light reactor and fusion rifle reserves. the way was made clear.

hell yeah!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm on Ps4, 540P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7k3MLJFDyg

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I played a comp match last night when I was finishing my lunas where a guy got four in a row because the bluebs on my team couldn't help themselves. Dude was terrible with actual guns.

Supers need some tweaks; for starters the hunters blade panic gets it's damage resistance from the beginning of its animation so it survives a striker slam and shoulder charge and survives a direct hit hammer. This is really dumb since it means it's an instant win even if someone is really dumb about popping it.

Imo scale that back a fraction so the person using it needs some situational awareness.

Nova warp is impossible to out run in a straight line, and has more range in its pop than a striker slam which lol. It also goes through walls and bridges etc that nothing else seems to. It can also survive a point blank shotgun and follow up punch.

Burning maul is 100% useless in PvP. Give it a movement buff or something. Make the spin close distance maybe?

Golden gun still has some hit detection fuckery but it's mostly fine.

Most other stuff seems fine-ish I don't see a lot of spectral blades but it seems ok but I still don't get how their balance has stuff like:
Dawn blade you can throw 10 blades, move super fast everywhere but hammers doesn't get a movement buff. You can throw I think 6 if you spam them (iirc) the projectiles are slower moving and track less but In exchange you get your enemies to explode but it's inconsistent in proccing and doesn't deal as much damage as graviton spooge.

The vanilla supers need a buff to bring them up to the current level. Especially nova bomb.

Weapon balance is pretty good at the moment outside of telesto, you could argue certain dusk rock blues should have their wings clipped too. The range at which it can click your lights out is stupid.

Heavy spawns in comp in general need to gently caress off quite a bit though. It should take twice as long as it does now to spawn up. I played a game last night where a dude got 18 grenade launcher kills because he didn't stop camping the heavy crouched with a grenade launcher and a one eyed mask. Dude could shoot the poo poo out of his grenades but it spawns waaaay too often in comp especially in survival, control and clash.

I dunno. I played a lot of comp in the last 4 days and that mode is far from polished.

Not hard to make the argument some adjustments are needed when you load into games and there's 4 hunters running blade barrage and 3 nova warps.

[extremely Titan voice]

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

cvnvcnv posted:

??? Yeah, and utility of the Titan bubble is now mobile and can kill poo poo. Blade Dancer evolved to now invis and attack at the same time. Supers being different isn't a point. Yeah, D1 shutdown is different than D2.

Supers have been killing other supers since always, man. What are you even talking about? I used to kill all sorts of supers with Golden Gun, like going two-shot on Titan bubbles and using the third to kill the nerd. Was that bullshit or was it Destiny? Would it be better for you for Hunters to go back in time so they can throw their arm up and hold their cute glowing gun in the air and die like a poon as anime warlocks and Captain America Titans murder them with ease? Would that be less """"""bullshit""""""" enough?

[extremely hunter voice]

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Quick somebody say voidlocks are weak

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I look forward to Black Armory not being about the taken because anything ascendant plane murders my eyes. I was grinding blind well last night to get me last seed (hell no I didn't get it) and got a migraine so bad I puked.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Springfield Fatts posted:

I look forward to Black Armory not being about the taken because anything ascendant plane murders my eyes. I was grinding blind well last night to get me last seed (hell no I didn't get it) and got a migraine so bad I puked.

see a doctor

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

Those are the brain worms. It's over for you, my friend.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I already paid money for this game. I welcome death.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

My good sir, allow me to sherpa you to the Wish-Ender bow. Do try to keep up.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Dont wanna gloat

lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want a heavy legendary fusion rifle goddammit, and a kinetic one.

A Voop in every slot

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
This feels real good. What didn't feel good was the laggy as gently caress 100th game which had my rear end in a top hat tighten to critical levels.

Also this:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
nice man

also, this happened lol

https://i.imgur.com/UjD9ymf.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i legit feel bad for this guy

https://i.imgur.com/r4TKnq9.gifv

lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rubellavator posted:

Also its really easy to just farm a god roll for DRB in a certain lost sector in the edz.

Which one

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Pathfinders Crash lost sector

edit: just kill the boss, no need to open the chest.

e2: apparently Core Terminus on Mars is slightly faster

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 17, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

My good sir, allow me to sherpa you to the Wish-Ender bow. Do try to keep up.

Is this the boyfriend from the end of the Ring? How the hell did Samara do this to him, anyway? I can't remember 20 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lunas status: def worth it