Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

CIA....welcome to the #resistance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rex-Goliath posted:

jeeeeeeeesus if the cia is directly going against the pres this openly

Trump's been loving with them pretty badly throughout his reign, thanks to being a mushbrain eager to impress who keeps blurting out state secrets to impress other world leaders and try to make them like him, and there have been persistent rumors that Trump's leaks have gotten valuable CIA assets killed.

I'm not surprised there's finally some backlash against him from the spooks.

Edit: tax

https://i.imgur.com/yhyliyc.mp4

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 17, 2018

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Cythereal posted:

Trump's been loving with them pretty badly throughout his reign, thanks to being a mushbrain eager to impress who keeps blurting out state secrets to impress other world leaders and try to make them like him, and there have been persistent rumors that Trump's leaks have gotten valuable CIA assets killed.

I'm not surprised there's finally some backlash against him from the spooks.

Ironically, it's the CIA's own mushbrained IT work that's probably gotten more assets killed.

Though they really don't need him adding to the pile.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

eke out posted:

that's what i did, i meant I was quoting so others don't have to bother

A nice easy way to contribute to the slow death of journalism

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Trump could have co-opted the FBI and CIA so easily, but instead he somehow made them both hate the poo poo out of them. It's some of the best evidence that he's not some kind of secret double mastermind.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

sean10mm posted:

Trump could have co-opted the FBI and CIA so easily, but instead he somehow made them both hate the poo poo out of them. It's some of the best evidence that he's not some kind of secret double mastermind.

I feel like hating the poo poo out of Trump is a natural human reflex. Like even if you agree with him, you probably wouldn't really want to be in a room with him for very long.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Theoretically with this "he sanctioned the extrajudicial killing" finding the US could invoke the Global Magnitsky Act, seize every penny of MBS's assets in the US, and ban all US companies and subsidiaries from doing business with him or his associates (which in effect would cover pretty much the KSA).

I mean we won't, but drat that's a serious conclusion for the CIA to reach.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

awesmoe posted:

A nice easy way to contribute to the slow death of journalism

i'm sorry maybe you could try contributing to the thread

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Stexils posted:

CIA....welcome to the #resistance

loving with the CIA is rarely wise; just ask JFK.

:v:

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

eke out posted:

quoting because paywall:

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much here we didn't already know. We even already knew about the call from the Prince's brother, although I guess it's interesting the CIA was listening in. Then again, US intelligence probably secretly monitors more calls then it doesn't so it's not that surprising.

Where would you guys guess the leak is coming from? I'd bet the Senate intelligence committee or Trump's cabinet before the CIA itself.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ARAEveryDay/status/1063572627367886849?s=19

But... ANTIFA!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

gently caress. I used to live in Pasco, family still does. This is scary.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Somehow I'm not surprised. Pasco is half super-white suburbs of Tampa, half farmland.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rex-Goliath posted:

jeeeeeeeesus if the cia is directly going against the pres this openly

The article doesn't mention the source was CIA, just that they were familiar with the report and general CIA reporting on MBS. Pretty much anyone in the intelligence community with TS/SCI clearance could get access to a report like this. And USIC reporting countermands what politicians tell the public all the time. Don't take this as the CIA "going against" Trump, just that whoever leaked it probably is.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Somehow I'm not surprised. Pasco is half super-white suburbs of Tampa, half farmland.

Land o' cows.

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014

Hellblazer187 posted:

Land o' cows.

Cows with guns? Mao Tse Tongue?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Spacewolf posted:

Cows with guns? Moo Tse Tongue?

Fixed.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

And that farmland is like west virginia hillbilly trailer park craziness. Pasco and Manatee counties are always fighting over who gets to be the heroin capital of west florida.

Article headline also doesn't mention the rocket launcher they were caught with, nor the pounds of fentanyl and meth.

This area is a hotbed for white supremacy groups.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/members-of-american-nazi-family-arrested-in-pasco/2333145

quote:

The Griffin Park area has a history of hate groups going back more than a decade. In 2006, neo-Nazi John Ditullio Jr. was living in an American Nazi compound on Teak Street when he put on a gas mask and attacked the home next door. Ditullio fatally stabbed Kristofer King, 17, and wounded Patricia Wells. The neo-Nazis were infuriated that she had an African-American friend and that King and her son were openly gay, deputies said.

https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article191163749.html

quote:

The suspects covered their license plates and didn’t wear patches, but their motorcycles and bandanas featured “cracker bolts,” which were originally associated with Nazi Germany, the sheriff’s office said. The insignia, characterized by two lightning bolts with flat ends, has since been adopted by neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

and represented by this lovely jackass in congress
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gus_Bilirakis

quote:

On February 11, 2017, Biliarkis hosted a townhall in Pasco County, Florida where he was faced with several protesters angry over the potential repeal of the Affordable Healthcare Act, when the chairman of the GOP in the county, Bill Akins repeated the now debunked claim that the ACA contains "what is effectively known as death panels." Biliarkis nodded in agreement and later told CNN that "The board exists, OK? And I've voted to repeal the board." Congressman Biliarkis seemed to equate the death panel with the Independent Advisory Board, a 15-member committee that issues recommendations for reducing healthcare costs, subject to congressional oversight and approval.[12][13]

In early October 2018, Bilirakis released a campaign advertisement touting his work fighting opioids in Pasco County, Floriday. In the advertisement, Bilirakis took credit for a law he did not have a hand in crafting. The 30-second ad flashed text about a "Bilirakis INTERDICT ACT" as Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said Bilirakis is "giving us the tools to do our job and get traffickers off the street." The INTERDICT Act provides funding and equipment to U.S. Customs and Border Protection for detecting imported fentanyl. But Bilirakis was neither a sponsor nor one of 18 co-sponsors, making it unclear how it is the "Bilirakis INTERDICT Act."[14][15]

ummel fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 17, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sure is helpful at least that these "supremacy" guys are not only not particularly notable as paragons of humanity, they are emphatically and uncontroversially the dregs.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Sure is helpful at least that these "supremacy" guys are not only not particularly notable as paragons of humanity, they are emphatically and uncontroversially the dregs.

I’m always reminded of this cartoon whenever I see a bunch of white “supremacist” in some news article.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Data Graham posted:

I think a very large part of it is that they're desperate to feel superior to somebody.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

News:

https://twitter.com/KimsMom3/status/1063680311400247296?s=19

That was six months ago. Feels like...two years to me.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

ummel posted:

And that farmland is like west virginia hillbilly trailer park craziness. Pasco and Manatee counties are always fighting over who gets to be the heroin capital of west florida.

Article headline also doesn't mention the rocket launcher they were caught with, nor the pounds of fentanyl and meth.

This area is a hotbed for white supremacy groups.

No wonder they are featured on that LivePD tv show all the time.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

News:

https://twitter.com/KimsMom3/status/1063680311400247296?s=19

That was six months ago. Feels like...two years to me.

What a cute and happy little kid :smith:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1063878129125548032

Oh for gently caress’s sake

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

It’s still a long shot but today I’m suddenly seeing rumblings that the Mississippi senate race is not a foregone conclusion.

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1063868172330254336?s=21

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Am I mistaken— a finding that he is would trip the Magnitsky Act sanctions and lead to basically the end of Saudi-US business, given how entrenched MBS is?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Teddybear posted:

Am I mistaken— a finding that he is would trip the Magnitsky Act sanctions and lead to basically the end of Saudi-US business, given how entrenched MBS is?
Which is probably why there is so much push back and foot dragging on it. It seems clear that Turkey has undeniable proof with an impeccable evidence trail, but someone in the Justice Department doesn't want to pull the trigger on completely destroying the current geopolitical status quo in the Middle East (+ any petroleum producing or dependent nation).

Which, uh... I don't really blame them.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Tibalt posted:

Which is probably why there is so much push back and foot dragging on it. It seems clear that Turkey has undeniable proof with an impeccable evidence trail, but someone in the Justice Department doesn't want to pull the trigger on completely destroying the current geopolitical status quo in the Middle East (+ any petroleum producing or dependent nation).

Which, uh... I don't really blame them.
Or alternatively MBS ends up dead somewhere but that's also a pretty disruptive event too!

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Hastings posted:

What a cute and happy little kid :smith:

I had to look up which shooting this was because there have been too many. :smith:

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/awhawth/status/1063935663203061760?s=19

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Come on out Pompeo, we know it's just you trying to save your rear end you loving coward.

He just flew all the way to Saudia Arabia for a photo op, and these findings make it clear he was a lazy gently caress doing as little as possible so Trump would stay happy.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1063910594691194880?s=19

Rednik
Apr 10, 2005

He should know better.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Not only is the Bart Simpson gag spot on, but when driving a truck over the road it is extra hard to save money because none of the things that assist you in saving money (like having a bunch of space to store food prep equipment and bulk food stuffs) are possible. I'm not sure it is possible for that tweet to be more wrong.

Edit: for missing important word.

MickeyFinn fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 18, 2018

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

MickeyFinn posted:

Not only is the Bart Simpson gag spot on, but when driving a truck over the road it is extra hard to save money because none of the things that assist you in saving money (like having a bunch of space to store food prep equipment and bulk food stuffs) are possible. I'm not sure it is possible for that tweet to be wrong.

You'll also need all those (not) millions to deal with the huge variety of medical problems caused by long-term truck driving.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

evilweasel posted:

It’s still a long shot but today I’m suddenly seeing rumblings that the Mississippi senate race is not a foregone conclusion.

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1063868172330254336?s=21

I can't help but feel like this is Horse Race "create a competition narrative," reporting rather than anything real. I'd love for it to happen, but I can't really believe it. Of course since the media is talking like this Trump will shout from the rooftops how he and the Republicans won against all odds in loving MISSISSIPPI.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The problem is in Mississippi I'm not sure even with maximal Dem turnout whether there are enough votes to overcome even "meh" GOP turnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Zwabu posted:

The problem is in Mississippi I'm not sure even with maximal Dem turnout whether there are enough votes to overcome even "meh" GOP turnout.

about 10% more of mississippi's total population is black than Alabama's, so it's not like the same type of coalition that beat roy moore couldn't theoretically turn out.

but i agree it's a long shot, considering Moore was peeling off some percentage of white women that probably would've otherwise voted (R)