Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Heath Ledger was a mediocre actor and his performance as the Joker in batman wasn't even that good. He was better in The Patriot, aka mel gibson's best movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
He was better in 10 things i hate about you

Also he wasnt an incredible actor, he was just really good looking

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The animated Joker voiced by Mark Hamill was the best on-screen version of the Joker and it's not even a particularly close contest.

sajobi
Feb 7, 2015

Close the world, Open the nExt
Jack Nicholsons version is the one i love because i grew up with that movie.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

He was better in The Patriot, aka mel gibson's best movie.

Not the Road Warrior :confused:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bird on a Wire?!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That Detective Pokemon movie looks good and they did a good job making the Pokemon look real but still cartoony

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Caufman posted:

Not the Road Warrior :confused:

I've never been a fan of mad max stuff. The only one I liked was Fury Road, which I thought was just decent, which is apparently a pretty unpopular opinion especially around here.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I cajole and lobby to keep it seeming that way.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Vicarious unpopular opinion

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/868225085026578432?s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

move the date back four years

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

There hasn't been a video game capable of holding my interest plot-wise since morrowind or GTA san andreas. In the time since then the only video games I can tolerate are ones I enjoy while drunk, almost exclusively one of those or call of duty black ops 3/4.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Can anyone tolerate anything sober

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

If it's not Morrowind, no

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mu Zeta posted:

Alcohol.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I don’t even have an opinion on this but Leslie Lee’s Twitter is like a constant pop culture hot take factory. He’s a good dude but I had to stop following him because he never shuts up about superhero and Star Wars movies while simultaneously saying nobody should care about them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Red Green Show is better than Seinfeld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOZ-uajfNE

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

There hasn't been a video game capable of holding my interest plot-wise since morrowind or GTA san andreas. In the time since then the only video games I can tolerate are ones I enjoy while drunk, almost exclusively one of those or call of duty black ops 3/4.

Have you played Yakuza / Persona?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

Have you played Yakuza / Persona?

Nope. I know it's not really fair but the types of people I've encountered that were really into those games were pretty off-putting to me so I never gave them a chance.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nope. I know it's not really fair but the types of people I've encountered that were really into those games were pretty off-putting to me so I never gave them a chance.

They're worth a shot if you like games that last a good while, while also having entertaining combat / distractions inbetween. Where Yakuza has a bunch of sidequests and minigames you could do inbetween chapters, persona has you plan out what you do inbetween dungeons. At the very least they aren't trash games that people obsess over like neptunia or monster hunter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do find it ironic that he talks about not being engaged with stories and you bring up Persona. A game series that has pretty bad stories. Especially 5

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do find it ironic that he talks about not being engaged with stories and you bring up Persona. A game series that has pretty bad stories. Especially 5

I definitely don't really care too much about the story. If I'm playing a game usually I mash the "next" button whenever any dialogue comes up without reading/watching it. This screws me over a lot when I miss a key piece of dialogue that would have saved me an hour+ of doing things the hard way, but it's what works for me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t imagine playing Persona for the gameplay, it’s so bland.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
You'll love Yakuza if you think movies like Goodfellas and The Godfather would be better if they were written as soap operas

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can’t imagine playing Persona for the gameplay, it’s so bland.

cast bufu

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

The climax of the game involves summoning satan to shoot god in the head so I don’t understand this complaint.

Also the penis-chariot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fruit BOO!ts posted:

The climax of the game involves summoning satan to shoot god in the head so I don’t understand this complaint.

Also the penis-chariot.

It’s a game about teenage rebellion that has no idea how to go about doing that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s a game about teenage rebellion that has no idea how to go about doing that.

japanese anime teenage rebellion, thank you.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Look, I hate anime, and teenagers, and rebellion more than anyone, but Persona owns, 5 especially.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fruit BOO!ts posted:

japanese anime teenage rebellion, thank you.

I mean that’s what it wants to be but it falls in its face hard.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that’s what it wants to be but it falls in its face hard.

That’s true. As much as it wants to be about rebellion, it’s actually a game about coffee.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fruit BOO!ts posted:

That’s true. As much as it wants to be about rebellion, it’s actually a game about coffee.

And going to bed at a reasonable time. The pillars of life.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

see, this is what I was talking about with the off-putting thing. It seems like just one big inside joke.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean literally everything has in jokes. You would have to be pretty bland to avoid that.

I mean it’s pretty clear I’m not a fan of the persona games. I can still recognize in jokes because I’ve played them.

CharlestheHammer has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Nov 17, 2018

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

see, this is what I was talking about with the off-putting thing. It seems like just one big inside joke.

There’s a prominent side character that runs a coffee shop and pursing his character arc involves lots of coffee trivia being shared with the player and character. His love for coffee is also pretty clear from the get go.

Also there are several times in the story when the plot wants to keep you from going out at night and this is enforced by your cat sidekick reminding you to sleep because your tired. This especially happens in the early parts of the game when the story tries to set things up.

They are in-jokes, but they’re not like super-esoteric ones. I’ve seen a lot worse as far as games go.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

fruit BOO!ts posted:

There’s a prominent side character that runs a coffee shop and pursing his character arc involves lots of coffee trivia being shared with the player and character. His love for coffee is also pretty clear from the get go.

Also there are several times in the story when the plot wants to keep you from going out at night and this is enforced by your cat sidekick reminding you to sleep because your tired. This especially happens in the early parts of the game when the story tries to set things up.

They are in-jokes, but they’re not like super-esoteric ones. I’ve seen a lot worse as far as games go.

if that is supposed to sound appealing I think the game just isn't for me. Maplestory gave me friendly warnings to stop playing the game so much and go outside or sleep but i pay no heed to anime wisdom

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

if that is supposed to sound appealing I think the game just isn't for me. Maplestory gave me friendly warnings to stop playing the game so much and go outside or sleep but i pay no heed to anime wisdom

he means the game tells your character to go to sleep, not that it literally tells you the player to go to sleep

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

he means the game tells your character to go to sleep, not that it literally tells you the player to go to sleep

This.

Honestly though I would still advise someone to skin through a stream of someone playing up to like the first dungeon or something. Persona is one of those games where if you like it you’re probably going to really like it, and if you don’t you’re probably going to feel like you wasted your time/money. I really enjoyed it but it’s not gonna be for everyone.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

oh ok well I still stand by my opinion that I don't want my stupid anime game to tell me what to do outside the game like maple does. Other games have started doing it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

oh ok well I still stand by my opinion that I don't want my stupid anime game to tell me what to do outside the game like maple does. Other games have started doing it too.

Hey! Listen!

It’s important to take 15 minute breaks for every hour of play. Why don’t you stretch for a bit? A healthy gamer is a happy gamer.